Penny Items At Michaels

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #576  
Old 12-05-2013, 10:28 AM

RE: Penny items at michaels

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 131
cls405 has posted more than 75 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisqueen
Are the Halloween stamps a penny!?
The craft smart ones are... Not sure about the others
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cls405 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
  #577  
Old 12-05-2013, 12:03 PM

RE: Penny items at michaels

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Fairport, NY
Posts: 53
My Mood/Status:
trippinbugs has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by skisqueen View Post
Are the Halloween stamps a penny!?
When I went 2 weeks ago, I found a bunch of halloween stamps in the clearence section, so I grabbed them all....they all ended up being a penny.....
The Following User Says Thank You to trippinbugs For This Useful Post:
  #578  
Old 12-06-2013, 04:17 AM

RE: Penny items at michaels

dntexpectmercy86's Avatar
If you wanna save money on your utilities msg me...
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 148
dntexpectmercy86 has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dealfinder77
AND corporate better not catch them telling you when things penny out. They are supposed to be immediately pulled to put in grab bags. Not leaked to customers to purchase!! Just saying...
So isn't it a good thing that we might get a inside tip? Let's face it were all here for the same reasons, to get those penny items. So your just saying makes no sense. Unless your gonna rat him out
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dntexpectmercy86 For This Useful Post:
  #579  
Old 12-06-2013, 11:41 AM

RE: Penny items at michaels

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 65
krickettsmm has posted more than 50 good deals
Thank u! and like I said earlier its not rocket science to figure it out.....DUH!
its sad to say but I wish we could figure a way to make it TOTALLY private between just those of us that do share, because of folks like him/her. And to keep managers and employees off. Just makes it hard for the new folks to learn...folks like that BURN me up!

And just a fyi...when I first stated following the penny items (last year)I asked the manager a question...and I will NEVER forget what they said....."Mam....nowhere in my policy or employee hand book does it say for me to lie to you or any customer".

Now you know! That's customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to krickettsmm For This Useful Post:
  #580  
Old 12-06-2013, 11:52 AM

RE: Penny items at michaels

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 84
My Mood/Status:
erv1216 has posted more than 100 good deals!erv1216 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krickettsmm
Thank u! and like I said earlier its not rocket science to figure it out.....DUH!
its sad to say but I wish we could figure a way to make it TOTALLY private between just those of us that do share, because of folks like him/her. And to keep managers and employees off. Just makes it hard for the new folks to learn...folks like that BURN me up!

And just a fyi...when I first stated following the penny items (last year)I asked the manager a question...and I will NEVER forget what they said....."Mam....nowhere in my policy or employee hand book does it say for me to lie to you or any customer".

Now you know! That's customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Totally agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love that too
The Following User Says Thank You to erv1216 For This Useful Post:
  #581  
Old 12-06-2013, 12:07 PM

RE: Penny items at michaels

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 199
lizual has posted more than 200 great deals!lizual has posted more than 200 great deals!lizual has posted more than 200 great deals!
So, I've been seeing people mention Monday and Tuesday as days for the next round of penny items. Based on past experiences, would you seasoned "hunters" expect the stuff we're expecting to penny out to be pennied on Monday or Tuesday? Or is it generally random? TIA!
The Following User Says Thank You to lizual For This Useful Post:
  #582  
Old 12-06-2013, 12:20 PM

RE: Penny items at michaels

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 45
ScrappingCoupons has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by krickettsmm View Post
Thank u! and like I said earlier its not rocket science to figure it out.....DUH!
its sad to say but I wish we could figure a way to make it TOTALLY private between just those of us that do share, because of folks like him/her. And to keep managers and employees off. Just makes it hard for the new folks to learn...folks like that BURN me up!

And just a fyi...when I first stated following the penny items (last year)I asked the manager a question...and I will NEVER forget what they said....."Mam....nowhere in my policy or employee hand book does it say for me to lie to you or any customer".

Now you know! That's customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I agree w/ you -- it would be nice if this board could be private amongst us true bargain hunters. But you are right, then the newbies would be left out and that could very well have been me since I barely joined this board in October.

So I just want to thank everyone for all the valuable info. I really appreciate everyone who takes the time to posts the latest bargains and pictures too. It's incredibly helpful. (Now I need to learn how to post pictures.)

Thanks to all of you I've been able to find wonderful deals and have been able to put together some gift baskets to give to our family for Christmas. Quite frankly, it's been a difficult year for us and finding these awesome deals has been a true blessing. So thank you very much for your help!

I hope we can continue the spirit of generosity in terms of sharing info w/ each other. And let's just ignore the party pooper trolls.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ScrappingCoupons For This Useful Post:
  #583  
Old 12-06-2013, 12:25 PM

RE: Penny items at michaels

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 45
ScrappingCoupons has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizual View Post
So, I've been seeing people mention Monday and Tuesday as days for the next round of penny items. Based on past experiences, would you seasoned "hunters" expect the stuff we're expecting to penny out to be pennied on Monday or Tuesday? Or is it generally random? TIA!
Based on previous history I think we're all on high alert for next Monday. Fingers crossed too. .
The Following User Says Thank You to ScrappingCoupons For This Useful Post:
  #584  
Old 12-06-2013, 12:55 PM

RE: Penny items at michaels

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 199
lizual has posted more than 200 great deals!lizual has posted more than 200 great deals!lizual has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappingCoupons
Based on previous history I think we're all on high alert for next Monday. Fingers crossed too. .
Great, thank you!
  #585  
Old 12-06-2013, 04:09 PM

RE: Penny items at michaels

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 8
Keikace has posted more than 5 good deals
I have been a silent follower for a month now. Singed up a couple of days ago.
And I would just like to extend my thanks for considering us newbies. Helped find good deals last time. And was able to save $ for christmas gifts and the likes. Again thank you!!! -keiko
  #586  
Old 12-07-2013, 08:28 AM

RE: Penny items at michaels

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 15
PufftheDragon has posted more than 10 good deals
thanks
  #587  
Old 12-07-2013, 01:17 PM

RE: Penny items at michaels

lipbalm4me's Avatar
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 18
lipbalm4me has posted more than 10 good deals
While I understand everyone's concerns about mean people & trolls, I sure appreciate joining the site recently! But aren't they always around? I didn't know about penny deals until recently and there sure is a lot of stuff that STILL is going going to waste! And the more helpful people contributing the more ears/eyes out there, right? I look at the numbers of people that go through this website compared to the number that actually contribute AND I think that is really sad! Taking information but not giving any back in return but I don't really know how to fix it either
  #588  
Old 12-08-2013, 06:44 AM

RE: Penny items at michaels

lolabean's Avatar
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 84
lolabean has posted more than 150 good deals!lolabean has posted more than 150 good deals!
For some reason, since this last cycle of penny items, I seem to find something more every time I go back that wasn't there before. They must be putting out penny items from up stock... All the way from Westwood and harvest baskets, blackberry crisp jarred candles, Halloween stamps, kitty pez lunch boxes, black fuzzy creatology halloween socks mixed in with the current impulse but fuzzy socks. So if your store seems cleared out of penny items it is worth going back and checking.

On another note, my advice to anyone new would be to write down the collections from the YouTube videos for the last few months. I keep a log of stuff and i randomly find things from old collections I wouldn't otherwise though was a penny item (or remembered unless I referenced my notebook). Just a thought. Ill try tobe better about posting pictures now that I finally remembered my AFC password
  #589  
Old 12-08-2013, 06:51 AM

RE: Penny items at michaels

Jesterrose's Avatar
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,710
My Mood/Status:
Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm4me View Post
While I understand everyone's concerns about mean people & trolls, I sure appreciate joining the site recently! But aren't they always around? I didn't know about penny deals until recently and there sure is a lot of stuff that STILL is going going to waste! And the more helpful people contributing the more ears/eyes out there, right? I look at the numbers of people that go through this website compared to the number that actually contribute AND I think that is really sad! Taking information but not giving any back in return but I don't really know how to fix it either
I have been penny shopping for a year.....I have found all kinds of things
Recently, 2 of the Michaels have had not 1 but 3-4 penny shoppers when I go the start of the cycle. While I am quite happy with what I find, I can understand why people would go underground. I try to share. ..if it is fantastic I might hit all 6 in town before sharing.
__________________
Come join my new penny swap!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesterrose For This Useful Post:
  #590  
Old 12-08-2013, 06:53 AM

RE: Penny items at michaels

lolabean's Avatar
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 84
lolabean has posted more than 150 good deals!lolabean has posted more than 150 good deals!
I also forgot to mention for newbies, the value of writing the collections down is helpful because so many things from baskets to impulse buys look very similar in design or pattern sometimes but one may be a penny and another might not. It can get discouraging if you don't have a price scanner in your store.
The Following User Says Thank You to lolabean For This Useful Post:
  #591  
Old 12-08-2013, 09:01 AM

RE: Penny items at michaels

mjlajl's Avatar
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,125
mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mjlajl has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterrose

I have been penny shopping for a year.....I have found all kinds of things
Recently, 2 of the Michaels have had not 1 but 3-4 penny shoppers when I go the start of the cycle. While I am quite happy with what I find, I can understand why people would go underground. I try to share. ..if it is fantastic I might hit all 6 in town before sharing.
I don't blame you at All, it's going to be saturated with people searching for penny items... It's fun and I would hate to lose my way of shopping without spending lots of money(because we don't have it to spend)... It's fun for me so although I think new people are great to learn it kinda stinks too!
  #592  
Old 12-08-2013, 04:14 PM

RE: Penny items at michaels

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1
Oftheotherearth
Hello everyone, I'm new to hunting penny items! In fact I just found out they exist last night, by accident on Youtube. Today, I went to my local Michaels and found a halloween stamp for a penny and I think I'm going to be addicted.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew if the Celebrate it halloween ribbons are selling for a penny.
  #593  
Old 12-08-2013, 04:43 PM

RE: Penny items at michaels

Jesterrose's Avatar
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,710
My Mood/Status:
Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oftheotherearth View Post
Hello everyone, I'm new to hunting penny items! In fact I just found out they exist last night, by accident on Youtube. Today, I went to my local Michaels and found a halloween stamp for a penny and I think I'm going to be addicted.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knew if the Celebrate it halloween ribbons are selling for a penny.
They are
__________________
Come join my new penny swap!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #594  
Old 12-08-2013, 06:39 PM

RE: Penny items at michaels

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 90
Ilovetarget has posted more than 100 good deals!Ilovetarget has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterrose View Post
They are
I tried to buy the $1 Halloween ribbon that was mixed in w/ the other $1 ribbon up front in that spinning round fixture, and they all rung up as full price. It was the only Halloween, aside from some certain stamps, that I found not to be a penny.
  #595  
Old 12-08-2013, 07:36 PM

RE: Penny items at michaels

4labs1grey's Avatar
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 301
My Mood/Status:
4labs1grey has posted more than 400 great deals!4labs1grey has posted more than 400 great deals!4labs1grey has posted more than 400 great deals!4labs1grey has posted more than 400 great deals!4labs1grey has posted more than 400 great deals!
My sister and I were to Michaels about a month and she found a really cute sticker package in the clearance section but it didn't have a price on it. She tossed it in her cart thinking that when we checked out if it was more than she was willing to pay for it she would have it taken it off. It was a penny! Honestly, we thought it was a fluke but the clerk said it was ok. That was the first I ever heard about penny items at Michaels.

I'd love to go and find more penny items, for the thrill of the hunt, but I just don't need anything right now. I have so much craft stuff now that I've purchased and meant to use. My craft room looks like an episode of Hoarders.
  #596  
Old 12-08-2013, 08:06 PM

RE: Penny items at michaels

lipbalm4me's Avatar
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 18
lipbalm4me has posted more than 10 good deals
I hear you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4labs1grey View Post
My sister and I were to Michaels about a month and she found a really cute sticker package in the clearance section but it didn't have a price on it. She tossed it in her cart thinking that when we checked out if it was more than she was willing to pay for it she would have it taken it off. It was a penny! Honestly, we thought it was a fluke but the clerk said it was ok. That was the first I ever heard about penny items at Michaels.

I'd love to go and find more penny items, for the thrill of the hunt, but I just don't need anything right now. I have so much craft stuff now that I've purchased and meant to use. My craft room looks like an episode of Hoarders.
I hear you about the HOARDERS episode! I was crocheting today and that show came on and I actually changed the channel because I thought, my craft room is gonna turn into that if I don't watch it! Not that it's filled with Penny Items, I just started this not long ago and the stuff I have found is going for presents! Your comment gave me a good chuckle though![/color]
The Following User Says Thank You to lipbalm4me For This Useful Post:
  #597  
Old 12-08-2013, 08:13 PM

RE: Penny items at michaels

lipbalm4me's Avatar
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 18
lipbalm4me has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterrose View Post
I have been penny shopping for a year.....I have found all kinds of things
Recently, 2 of the Michaels have had not 1 but 3-4 penny shoppers when I go the start of the cycle. While I am quite happy with what I find, I can understand why people would go underground. I try to share. ..if it is fantastic I might hit all 6 in town before sharing.
I can see what you are saying but it is difficult for me to understand why people would want to keep all this stuff to themselves when there are so many people... particularly children that could use this stuff! I think of people that aren't going to be able to afford to have Holidays this year, women's/children's shelters, even after school programs and how they could use so many of these crafty things for supplies and it truly breaks my heart... so that's what I'm gonna do with the stuff that I get. At one time every person on this site was new to penny items and someone was KIND enough to share the info with them, for that I am grateful!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lipbalm4me For This Useful Post:
  #598  
Old 12-08-2013, 08:22 PM

RE: Penny items at michaels

4labs1grey's Avatar
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 301
My Mood/Status:
4labs1grey has posted more than 400 great deals!4labs1grey has posted more than 400 great deals!4labs1grey has posted more than 400 great deals!4labs1grey has posted more than 400 great deals!4labs1grey has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm4me View Post
I hear you about the HOARDERS episode! I was crocheting today and that show came on and I actually changed the channel because I thought, my craft room is gonna turn into that if I don't watch it! Not that it's filled with Penny Items, I just started this not long ago and the stuff I have found is going for presents! Your comment gave me a good chuckle though![/color]
My true addiction is scrapbook supplies - which is why I have to scroll really fast when someone posts they found stamps or stickers. I'd like to say I scrapbook but the truth of the matter is I used to scrapbook. Now I just collect scrapbook supplies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm4me View Post
I can see what you are saying but it is difficult for me to understand why people would want to keep all this stuff to themselves when there are so many people... particularly children that could use this stuff! I think of people that aren't going to be able to afford to have Holidays this year, women's/children's shelters, even after school programs and how they could use so many of these crafty things for supplies and it truly breaks my heart... so that's what I'm gonna do with the stuff that I get. At one time every person on this site was new to penny items and someone was KIND enough to share the info with them, for that I am grateful!
I never thought about donating to a shelter or an after school program. We have a Boys and Girls Club in town and I imagine they would love to have some of the crafty items for the kids. My neighbor's children go there and they actually miss going when their mom has a day off and she keeps them home with her.

It's so much better to do that than have them go to the landfill.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4labs1grey For This Useful Post:
  #599  
Old 12-08-2013, 08:37 PM

RE: Penny items at michaels

lolabean's Avatar
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 84
lolabean has posted more than 150 good deals!lolabean has posted more than 150 good deals!
I agree with the donating and that's where a lot of my stuff goes. Was thinking of taking some of the more adult stuff to the senior care centers for the holidays too because so many don't have family and a little token of the holidays brightens the mood.. The holiday flags or vases with the artificial flowers.
The Following User Says Thank You to lolabean For This Useful Post:
  #600  
Old 12-08-2013, 08:56 PM

RE: Penny items at michaels

Jesterrose's Avatar
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,710
My Mood/Status:
Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Jesterrose has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipbalm4me View Post
I can see what you are saying but it is difficult for me to understand why people would want to keep all this stuff to themselves when there are so many people... particularly children that could use this stuff! I think of people that aren't going to be able to afford to have Holidays this year, women's/children's shelters, even after school programs and how they could use so many of these crafty things for supplies and it truly breaks my heart... so that's what I'm gonna do with the stuff that I get. At one time every person on this site was new to penny items and someone was KIND enough to share the info with them, for that I am grateful!
At some point where I live, having 90 people show up to do this is not going to help me. I almost always post a fantastic deal if I can after I have explored it locally. People have PMed me and I do not mind sharing anything.

I trade a lot. I donate or pass along what I don't need. (Grass root organization where I live to make sure no angel on an angel tree gets nothing....I took almost 20 of them last year) I helped my mom with 60 boxes for shut ins. If I get a lot of toys at Dollar General, I will put some in toys for tots.

Not only that, I have literally seen someone throw a temper tantrum in the store because she saw on someones you tube video it was a penny and she too wanted it for a penny. I mean holding up a line and in front of other customers.

We all started somewhere is a true statement. Some people are more willing to do the legwork to be successful. People with 1 post will be like ok I want to do this and tell me the list. All anyone has to do is read the whole thread.

The easiest thing to do...Get a grab bag at the 1st store....write everything down and then go to the laziest store. I always go the 1st day. They are extremely lenient if you find the penny items. One of my grab bags had almost 140 items in it. It was almost worth just getting those then finding the penny items as I didn't spend the hour poking. I don't even bother going after the 1st week because there are so many people where I live everything will be gone. I decided to venture to one store 3 days in and there was a group of 4 women with notepads.
__________________
Come join my new penny swap!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesterrose For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Three items for a penny! (Illinois only?) musicfreak97 Jewel-Osco 51 06-16-2011 11:25 AM
Michaels - 20% off Coupon, includes sale items joyagain Deal Graveyard 5 01-10-2010 03:24 PM
Michaels - .01 items!! DanielleCT Deal Graveyard 7 03-12-2009 02:26 PM
Dead Deal----New Michaels ad with 10 for $10 items lsdientz Deal Graveyard 4 06-09-2008 08:05 AM
TRU ~ penny items!?! mjloves2shop Deal Graveyard 10 07-18-2005 05:49 AM