My Coupon Class Outline... **TOTALLY UPDATED 6/23/11**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2009, 09:08 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Update My Coupon Class Outline... **TOTALLY UPDATED 6/23/11**

UPDATED:
Added pictures of the Presentation and Handouts below 2/14/09
I have updated the outline with a Coupon Resources section 2/2/09

Outline overhaul to update areas and add more details! 6/23/11
ADVANCED CLASS COMING SOON!

Here are some links to 2 Files I have added to this thread:
Post #30 Price Book File
Post #36 Grocery List

-------------------------------------------

Howdy everyone!

I have decided (due to many requests) that I am going to post my coupon class outline. I am not the end all be all of coupon classes. Hehehe… There’s so much information about coupons to cover that it’s EASY to loose focus during a class. It’s best to have a plan and that’s what I offer here. This is my coupon classes outline. It’s what I use to teach a coupon class and I am offering it to you to get you started with your own classes!

First things first, you will need a place to teach your class. This can be a building that is rented, someone’s home, your home, etc. Pay careful attention to the equipment available to you at your location and space. Will you have a screen or TV to use or not? Overhead projector? If technology is not in place, there’s no reason to make a big presentation. Focus more on handouts… What about chairs and tables? Are there some available? Setup and tear down required?

Secondly, advertising your event is key. Will you require registration because of limited seating? How will people register? All things to keep in mind. I use email for registration so that I do not have to field phone calls all day. My church is my base for my classes so advertising has been mainly with them.

I use PowerPoint and handouts. I modified my outline (below) a bit so to remove regional information. You will need to input the information that you find pertinent to your area. This is JUST an outline. I go in depth more during the class. I CANNOT email my presentation to anyone. The files are HUGE! I am sorry for this... but that's why I put this outline here in text format and on my blog as an “online class”.

I USED to do an entire display of items. I would unveil it at the beginning of the class and ask everyone to tell me how much they think I spent on it. I'd tell them the amount than and the best guess gets a prize (either off the table or an envie of Q's). Everything on that display went to the food pantry after the class was over.

I don't do this anymore because while I was pregnant the display got to heavy to haul around. Hehehe...

NOW I have pictures in my slides of shopping trips (specific to the stores I am talking about) and basically do the same thing. I ask, they guess and the winner gets coupons for a prize. I also give random prizes (extra coupons) throughout the class and have coupons sitting on the tables for attendees to pick through. No one leaves my class without at LEAST $5 worth of coupons to use.

If you decide to use this, I request that it not be used to make a major profit. I created this to help people. I do not believe a class that teaches someone to save should be something that has a huge charge/fee involved. Is that a bad thing? I hope not... I totally understand the need to cover your copy charges though. By all means, cover your fees! Copies, rental of space or equipment costs money. Cover those! Something that I have loved seeing with coupon classes is that profits go to a charity!

Have fun and I hope this helps you help more people to learn to save.

Here it is my Beginner Coupon Class Outline:
Text in italics are notes for YOU. Don't put those on the slides (if you make a presentation).

Coupon Class
1. Understand Coupons
2. Define Coupons
3. Find Coupons
4. Coupon Resources
5. Store or Organize Coupons
6. Share Coupons
7. Use Coupons
8. Plan with Coupons

special slide, no title
At this time I take a break to give credit where credit is due. I am no genius here and my life is far from perfect... matter of fact *I* am far from perfect. I make a LOT of mistakes. God seems to know all of this and inspite of my shortcomings the deals I attempt seem to work best for my family, friends and those I donate to. I give credit of my class, all my great savings and how well my budget works for my family to God. No other way it would work for me. I just like to make sure everyone else knows it's not me too.

Understand Coupons
Where do coupons come from? - manufacturers
Are stores getting ripped off with coupons?!
One manufacturer coupon is permitted per product purchased

Define Coupons
Talk about each kind of coupon and where the originate.
Manufacturer Coupons
- IP = Internet Printed (can also be a store coupon)
-- RP = Red Plum insert
-- SS = Smart Source insert
-- PG = P&G insert (usually only comes out once a month)
-- There are other specialty inserts from time to time too.
Tear pads
- Usually found in a store, it’s a pad of coupons you tear off from.
Blinkie
- It’s a machine that blinks a red light, to get your attention, that you can pull a coupon from.
Catalina
- Print from a machine next to the cash register.
Wine Tags
Cash Register Tape Coupons (CRT)

Find Coupons
(Goes with Handout #1 - Seen below)
Tear pads, Blinkies, Catalina’s and more
Newspaper
- Coupons are Regional
- Newspapers will carry manufacturer coupons that can be used at almost any store.
-- (List your areas newspapers for inserts)
-- ALWAYS be sure to check the newspaper for the correct amount of inserts
Preview Coupons
- Helps you decide how many coupons/inserts to get
(I take a moment here to explain how to use Coupon Preview websites.)
Store Coupons/Websites
Online Resources

Store and Organize Coupons
I discuss three methods: Box, Binder and File) their advantages or disadvantages.
Pix of examples or bringing your own is great.

Get MORE Coupons!
Discuss each section with details.
TRADE
Neighbors and friends
Recycle bins! (BE CAREFUL)
Buy Online

Share Coupons
Military bases overseas have stores called Commissaries and these overseas Commissaries accept expired coupons up to 6 months past the expiration date!

This is a great way to recycle your expired coupons in a way that benefits more people.

Check these links for more information how you can help:
Overseas Coupon Program - www. OCPnet .org

Use Coupons!
(Use with Handout #2)
Expect to get items for free, do not expect to get items for a negative amount.
(This is explained that negatives do happen, but it's best to not be setup for the heartbreak. Planning is necessary for deals that may turn negative.)
Do not photocopy a coupon.
Expect to complete smaller transactions.
Coupons are not cash.
Break away from product loyalty!
Clipping and using coupons takes TIME.
You have to have the coupons to get the best deal.
Find your way of using coupons and do it!

Plan with Coupons:
(Goes with Shopping List Handout #5)
Check out the ads
Write down what you want most
Match Ads to Coupons
Calculate
Figure in ECB and RR (Next Class)
Find hidden deals Online (Next Class)

Plan with Coupons
(Goes with Handout #3 - Seen Below)
Here I discuss/list every store in our area, a brief description of their coupon policies and we go over all this information one store at a time. I STRESS on the handout and during the "lecture" that this is NOT from the stores. This is information that *I* have gathered and cannot/will not be accepted at stores as the official store policies. And I show/tell them where to get that official information too.

Advanced Class
We will be going in-depth on:
Stockpiling Sale Items
Additional Savings Tips (including Ad Matching)
Using Online Resources
Rebates
Rainchecks
MORE Planning with Coupons
CVS 101 and Walgreens 101
And so Much More!

Here are my Beginner Coupon Class HANDOUTS:

Handout #1
Coupon Resources

The BEST source of coupons is a newspaper!
Newspapers will carry manufacturer coupons that can be used at almost any store.
Be sure to list the newspapers in your area that carry the best coupons.

ALWAYS be sure to check the newspaper for the correct amount of inserts so you don’t buy an empty paper.

To find a PREVIEW of what will be in the Sunday paper visit:

HERE I LIST REGIONAL STORE WEBSITES THAT HAVE COUPONS TO PRINT.
My focus was on Kroger, Meijer and Target.

Printable manufacturer coupons from online sources:
www .Coupons. com
www. SmartSource .com
www. RedPlum .com

Manufacturer:
Another great way to get coupons is to contact the manufacturer of the product.

I also list major blogs that I might follow and forums (including AFC!). I go over these items a bit, but they are covered more in my second class.

**Special Notice: Remove the spaces from the hyperlinks listed above.
I put spaces in there so that the website addresses could be seen here and not turn into links.**

Handout #2
This handout goes with outline part called Use Coupons

Be in the ‘KNOW’ about Coupons

It’s always great to save money and everyone wants to save money, right? Here are a few things to keep in mind when you are using coupons:

1. Expect to get items for free; do not expect to get items for a negative amount.

2. Do not photocopy a coupon. This is considered coupon fraud and can possibly be tracked back to who has done it.

3. To get the maximum amount out of your coupons you should expect to complete smaller transactions.

4. Coupons are not cash but do have a monetary consequence attached to them. The Manufacturer’s of the product listed on a coupon foot the bill for coupon usage.

5. To get the best use of coupons you will need to break away from product loyalty! (Please keep family allergies in mind when trying new products.)

6. Clipping and using coupons takes TIME.

7. You have to have the coupons to get the best deal.

8. The way I do things may not work for you, so please don’t stop there! Find a way that does work. It can be fun to save money with coupons; you will have to take the time and effort to find the way that works for you and stick to it!

I have a link on my blog to this handout in a printable format.

Handout #3
Plan with Coupons!
Knowing how each store uses coupons is KEY to you using coupons. Every store ad you receive will contain the information you need somewhere in small, itty-bitty print OR you can check the store websites for coupon policies.

The list below could change and cannot be used as store policy.

Here is where I list all the stores in our area. I specify coupon policy and other fun tips such as:
Do they double or triple
How long their ads run (we have a screwy store that runs ads from Thur-Wed here)
Fun sales to look for throughout the year (mega sale events at Kroger, Meijer holds 10 for $10 get the 11th item free, etc)
If you have a CVS, mention the weekly ECB and monthly ECB deals difference here
If you have Walgreens, I note the 7day AD coupons, Easy Saver Catalog coupons and catalina's

This handout should be VERY specific to your area. Copying mine won't help you. Heheehe... My area has some goofy store policies which no other area around us has.

You can see an old example of mine below.

Handout #4 & #5
I also use the Shopping List and now the Pricebook sheet as a handout too and that's it!
Post #36 Shopping List
Post #30 Price Book File

Below are some pictures of the presenation and handouts. These are the actual slides and papers that I use for my presentation. Each line of text on the presentation comes in when I press the "continue" button on my laptop. Some of my information may not correspond with your area. And more pictures of MY coupon boxes are in my profile.

I also have this entire outline, plus more, on my blog.

Feel free to ask questions here! More than I can answer your coupon class questions and it's always nice to get more than one person's input.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DefineCoupons.jpg (42.7 KB, 1827 views)
File Type: jpg FindCoupons.jpg (44.5 KB, 1602 views)
File Type: jpg StoreCoupons.jpg (47.4 KB, 1570 views)
File Type: jpg Handout1.jpg (66.1 KB, 1999 views)
File Type: jpg Handout3.jpg (55.7 KB, 1612 views)

Last edited by carriemb2; 08-05-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Totally updated outline! 6/23-removing competitor links
The Following 398 Users Say Thank You to WishfulThinking For This Useful Post:
050303033005, 1217topher, 27with1, 2callmemommy, 2monkey, 30good, abadams, Adrienne1010, Aimee2728, akajb2, Alexdur85, alexsmom1101, alice14523, allcash, AllieZ, alshirley08, anb1972, andreaskye, Angelsorce, AngieP, applerama, apsodarffilm, arlenes, Arthur2, asasser, AshburnMom, Atlcouponmama, aushannon, ban26ana, Barbara34, BarbaraAnnis#1, barberella, bargainshopper, barryswife, bclarkcaldwell, bellasmama, bellsandbabies, bensmomma, bette, bgunsolus, bigshirley, birdlady6262, Biz, bjordan101, blackpanther201, blessedgirl, BlueMoon187, BoardwalkNJ, BradBearsAngel113, bradley2171, brandywantsadeal, brasher_01, bridget011, brook6, busylizzy, byktrash, cajunbaglady, canfieldcouponer, carissadenn, carmended, CarolinaCouponCrazy, CarrieM, catch22, ccnt80, cddwil, cemomster, chefsheela, cheryllsm, Chesney, chocolatemama, Cholley72, christine2008, cjcoupons, ClippinCrazy, coastalcouponer, cog94, couponhappy, couponmama62, CouponSanta, courtneylynne09, cpuckett, crazy8kids, cskrizan, customcrafters, cylindergoddess, c_delcoro, dancinkeyz, dani113077, DeannaJoy, debbiedeb, debbiedee8, denise1831, Des8062002, DevotedWife, Dianasaves$$, divephantom19, djcullen, Domestic DIY, DonnaA, doubleblssd, Dragonfly7, educ8athome, Ehepfer1, ehix1113, elange, elisechu, Elizabeth Jones, Elle13, esquala, eweston1227, f150ruff, faeryedark, Faith04, fantayja, farmerdudette, feliher, fiveftmama, flamelit, flip4scrap, floflolinda, foggy, Frances61793, frugalbee, frugalfranny2010, fun2bfit, Funnie, funnybottoms, garrett, gator_mama, geanienut, genellag, gidget0949, girlvet, glowbuoy, golfinchick2004, goodgreatfabulous, happymom2jljl, HappySteph, heathergoward, helenpooh, HillbillyMama, HisArmywife, hittingtheslopes, hkittycrzy, HopeK, hpolochick, hshuchter, hyacinthgirl, idelle33, ikeranya, illuminancy, islegirl37, itsmeagain, i_luv_shopping, jacana33, JackiB, janda727, jaxrooster, Jayden'sMommy, jbarber8, jcoy, jenakay, jenawood20, jenbob31905, jenmp, Jenner, Jenny Nuccio, jewls21, jh23, jhcottle, jlaporte, jomalone2, jonoma, joyagain, jred44, jreid0978, jstkat0711, JudyJoy, justfluffyme, Justlooking1208, katallan, katie a., katpow001, kayeto, KCLAngelia, Kdmiller90, KellyBelly113, Kesa66, kids3arewe, KimShaw, kkkuelbs, Kmchamplin, kmeiding, knitternut, KrazyKadhra, krisandbert, krissy511, kwilcox49, LACECOUPONS, Ladebug82, ladysaver1, lallyy, landdaisy, lastocks, laylamorgangrace, ldbrigham, leapday72, leslie007, lilacvi, LilyMami, Linda Smythe, lindsayb86, LindseyLouXOX, little.chickadee, LittleDsMomma, Loading..., loral, love2clipcoupons, lovechelle27, lsnitker, Luckyhorse, lutherandj, luv2coupon11, Lynda1811, macy, mager342, maggiexramos, majestixSHOPPER, Malissiajane, mandarn, mandcm, mandies2happy, maradreams, marge simpson, MarianTupeloMs, martini, maryclayton10, MathTeacher, maxndeals, mcdlady1, mebaritter, megja1, mhawley72, Mickow, mightyma86, mkania, mlb1985, mmgrrl, Mom292608, Mom2Ways, mommamerri, mommy2ps, mommyof1beauty, mommyof1expecting1more, MommyofJack, MommySusan1, momoftj, moniqued dixon, Morette, mother_of_8, MrsG, mrsmacs, MsGlamorous, msyvonne, ms_eeyore6380, mtalk, mtrep, mturner85, mtyner2, mudcatmom, mugbuddy, My5kidsandMe, Myhappyhome, myhoagie02, mysweetiepie, mzsyd, nanci143, NaniesAttic, Nay Nay, ncmonster78, nebasketnut, needtosavemoney, nicolernorman, Niddi, NMStaceyH, ophlyia, pamelab1, PandaAnna, pattcoupons, Patterson2, Patti, pchef3, peppa, peppermint32, phoopaugh, photobee, pigninnie, pjwalz, prissykrissy, pudding, puglife, QponCrazy, Qponmomof4, QuiverfullMama, randomequine, redwor, Retsbar2Go, rhemerick, richa84, rmkprosser, robyn812, rogersky, rosebudget, RZIKELI, sabrina23, sams3girls, sandalz4life, sandyt1006, sarahboo1979, saraie24, saverchick, savingandsurviving, SBW1027, schoward, scorpio99, ScrapDiva, SD19565, seacatriz, sebae1, sevenchickadees, shae128, shanesgal05, Sharbaby, Shashahx, shellie_wnj, shoppingfever, Signgrl828, simba123, sjens, smhammons, Smurfytigger, Soccballmom, someone, Spirithaven, Stacey D'Amico, staceyph3sc, stampinonthefarm, stefani1, stitch1769, SUNNGIRL, supershopmom, susanerockymount, susangarman, susan_t6, sweet pea, sweetpea101506, sweetsali, swillson76, tcrnurse95, tcropper, tdafcuser, teamom05, texassaver, theowreys, throbinskin, Time4mom2, Tinkerbellny, tnkl4hisl3, tracl, trailblaz11, tratra, trying2save09, turkovichmom, twin 1, twinkie23, twinners, UsafWifeNMommy, valandliz, VanessaSaver, vhermetz, vile, VintageTink, vkearney, vramondenc, wendy1214, wendyaf, whoojaflikit, WillUBMyKnight, winklel, wkfrank29, womandriver, xoxodashmax, yogagirl812, z'smom, zackian01, zcraftymom2
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:33 PM

RE: My Coupon Class Outline... **TOTALLY UPDATED 6/23/11**

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
thanks
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LACECOUPONS For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2009, 09:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
nice outline!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to helenpooh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 05:48 AM

coupons are our friends!

My Mood/Status:
justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
GOOD JOB!

Are you goning to talk about CVS and Wags? ECBs and RRs?

I would love to see those handouts, too. One suggestion, schedule in a general break and lunch time on your plans, too. Hand out copies of the lesson plan as a syllabus. I think it looks great, wish I could come and watch.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
AFC
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justfluffyme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 05:52 AM

hummmmm.......
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thank You, I have a presentation on the 28th, and just bumped my post for some additional suggestions.

Lynda
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lynda1811 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 08:26 AM

My Mood/Status:
WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!WishfulThinking has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thank You

Thanks everyone! I am glad that people have found this... helpful?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justfluffyme View Post
Are you goning to talk about CVS and Wags? ECBs and RRs?

I would love to see those handouts, too. One suggestion, schedule in a general break and lunch time on your plans, too. Hand out copies of the lesson plan as a syllabus. I think it looks great, wish I could come and watch.
Yes, I discuss CVS and Wags in my beginner class a bit but we will go in depth with making scenario's and breaking down an ad.

This class is only about 2 - 2 1/2 hours long, there is no need for a lunch. I do offer a break, but rarely have anyone jump on it.

The handouts are taken right from the outline. There are 4 handouts:
1. Is coupon resources.
Info about which newspapers in our area contain the best coupons.
Listing of insert Preview sites
Listing of Kroger Clipless coupon sites (cellfire, pgesaver and shortcuts)
Listing of Meijer and Target sites to get to printables (If you don't have these stores, there is no reason to have those listed... hehe... hence my reason for not posting all my handouts. You will have to adjust things to your regional stores.)
Pritnable manufacturer coupon websites (coupons.com, smartsource.com, etc)

2. Be in the know about coupons
See outline Use Coupons!
I add AFullCup at the bottom of this page with details

3. Plan with coupons
I list all the stores in our area and how they accept/use coupons. I have notices on the sheet that these are NOT coupon policies, just guidelines and are subject to change.

4. A grocery list
A tool for them to use when planning their trips... I did not cover it in the beginner class though, it's just there... we will use it in the advanced class now.

And that's it... but they require adjusting to the area's you are in so I didn't post them.

My syllabus is my power point presentation... it keeps us all focused and on track. I love powerpoint! But not everyone has access to a laptop or a TV that can hook up to a laptop. Sigh... I love technology!

ISO: N/A

Last edited by carriemb2; 08-05-2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: removing competitor references
Old 01-22-2009, 08:38 AM

Had a relaxn weekend!

My Mood/Status:
cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cddwil has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
this is great...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my
and my:
bubbies!
Next Best Thing To My Family Is Coupons
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cddwil For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 11:18 AM

coupons are our friends!

My Mood/Status:
justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Looks so good, one last tip, I promise. If you can get hold of an old time overhead projector, you can print your power point slides out on transparency sheets.

Include some shots of some of the stockpiles on here too, if you can.

Be prepared to lay those transparencies out all over the house to dry over night.

YOU'RE GOING TO BE GREAT!
AFC
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justfluffyme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 11:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
I actually have access to a TV that hooks to my laptop and I can use them together to go through the presentation.

PS-I've already taught this class twice now. It's been fun!!!

OH and your tips are sure to help everyone here who wants to do a Q class too... so mentioning tips is great!

Last edited by WishfulThinking; 01-22-2009 at 11:52 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WishfulThinking For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 11:40 AM

needs to win the lottery!!

My Mood/Status:
anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
That is great! I was actually thinking of offering a class here at work where I would charge people $5 or $10 to do it as a way to raise money for Operation Feed a campaign I do in the spring that raises money for the food pantries in central Ohio. Would you say it is okay to use if the money goes to charity? You have thought it out so well. I love your structure and detail!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anb1972 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 11:48 AM

My Mood/Status:
$$ to a charity is always awesome It could be optional though? People that I work with at our food pantry usually don't even have 2 pennies to rub together... It's sad...

I am more nervous about people taking this and "selling it" as their idea more than anything to just make a quick profit... people are desperate to save right now and there's too many gimmics out there that say they will save you money but you have to pay them to find out. Grrr... Heheheh... Personal pet peeve?

** added some stuff I forgot to the OP **

Last edited by WishfulThinking; 01-22-2009 at 11:50 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WishfulThinking For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 11:49 AM

probably at Target
AFC Administrator

My Mood/Status:
AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!AngieP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
thats very generous of you to share your outline

~I will not run in the rain, I will not run near a train. I will not run when it's hot, Enjoy running? I do not ~

Rescue a pet today~~they'll be forever grateful

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AngieP For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 11:52 AM

coupons are our friends!

My Mood/Status:
check your local library, chances are they have computers that are free to use. If so, have that info available, too.
AFC
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justfluffyme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 11:55 AM

needs to win the lottery!!

My Mood/Status:
anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!anb1972 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulThinking View Post
$$ to a charity is always awesome It could be optional though? People that I work with at our food pantry usually don't even have 2 pennies to rub together... It's sad...

I am more nervous about people taking this and "selling it" as their idea more than anything to just make a quick profit... people are desperate to save right now and there's too many gimmics out there that say they will save you money but you have to pay them to find out. Grrr... Heheheh... Personal pet peeve?

** added some stuff I forgot to the OP **
It would be a class that I would do at work. I do different things like raffles, bake sales, etc to raise money each year and thought that this might be a fun change for the building (around 450 people in this office who participate in stuff)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anb1972 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 11:55 AM

I have full inserts for sale!

My Mood/Status:
farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!farmerdudette has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Can I ask where you teach these classes at? How do you advertise for them?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to farmerdudette For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 11:57 AM

My Mood/Status:
JustFluffyMe~
I am a thinking that you should be a doing a class of your own pretty soon?? Your coming up with all the tips and things so fast that I think you may find a new calling here. I'm sure there are people in your area that would LOVE that too!!!

Anb1972~
Holy COW! 450 people to a coupon class?!?! I'd ummm... keep prizes to a dull roar with a potential crowd of that size!! HEHEHE Wow!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WishfulThinking For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 11:59 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerdudette View Post
Can I ask where you teach these classes at? How do you advertise for them?
My church provides me space. There's lots of rooms there to use... just difficult to get on the schedule sometimes because the building is very busy.

I advertise in the church bulletin mainly, but I have also advertised here. Hehe... The word has gotten out though without too much effort.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WishfulThinking For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 12:02 PM

has made 500 posts!!!!!!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Mommy Ingraham has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy Ingraham has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy Ingraham has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy Ingraham has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy Ingraham has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy Ingraham has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy Ingraham has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy Ingraham has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy Ingraham has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy Ingraham has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Mommy Ingraham has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Here is the "Lesson Plan" that I use for the classes that I teach. Not nearly as in depth. I tired to limit it to an hour which made it cramped.

Introduction 5 min
Name
How long I have been couponing
How much money I saved last year
How I got started
Quick overview of what the class will cover

1. Types of coupons 5 min
manu
store
wine tags
catalina's
OYNO

2. Combining of coupons 5 min
manu and store coupons are friends!
wine tags are friends too!

3. Where do I find coupons? 5 min
Sunday Paper- They are not all equal
Internet Printables
Mailings
Blinkies in the store
Manu website- Contact us
Coupon Clippers

4. Rebates 3 min

5. Price Matching 3 min
Get the best deals without driving all over town.

6. Shaws 15 min
Couopn Policy
Double Coupons
Shelf vs Sale price
Reward Programs

7. CVS 15 min
Coupon Policy
ECB Card Program
CVS Coupons
The Prescription Game

8. Tricks of the Trade: 3 min
Everyone loves a BOGO!

9. Great Webstires to join: 5 min ( mostly about AFC!)
AFC
Mypoints
Vocalpoint
Startsampling

10. Closing
Questions
Old 01-22-2009, 12:13 PM

is loving AFC!

My Mood/Status:
luv2laf has posted more than 300 great deals!luv2laf has posted more than 300 great deals!luv2laf has posted more than 300 great deals!luv2laf has posted more than 300 great deals!
WishfulThinking~ Thank you so much for the info. There are ladies at my church that have been asking about a coupon class/get together and my pastor has asked if I'd head it up. I still feel new at the whole couponing thing so a little nerveous. I am so excited to have came across your outline! Thank you for sharing your gift! God Bless
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luv2laf For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 12:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy Ingraham View Post
Here is the "Lesson Plan" that I use for the classes that I teach. Not nearly as in depth. I tired to limit it to an hour which made it cramped.
Fantastic class!!! You did a great job with that!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WishfulThinking For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 12:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I did my first coupon talk last week... this would have been a good resource! I did research on the internet and made my own outline that partains to our area. It went pretty well! I will definitely use your outline too, and I don't charge so no worries about that.
& Claire
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wkfrank29 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 12:48 PM

always in search of a good deal
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
texassaver has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!texassaver has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!texassaver has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!texassaver has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!texassaver has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!texassaver has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!texassaver has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!texassaver has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!texassaver has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Thanks for sharing.
I'm interested in putting a price book together & I'm not sure how to get started.
Do I enter by store, item or price range?
Do you have any information on that?
4 yrs old.
The Following User Says Thank You to texassaver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 01:32 PM

is excited about her debut on TV!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
sweetpea101506 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetpea101506 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetpea101506 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetpea101506 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetpea101506 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetpea101506 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetpea101506 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetpea101506 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetpea101506 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetpea101506 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetpea101506 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by texassaver View Post
Thanks for sharing.
I'm interested in putting a price book together & I'm not sure how to get started.
Do I enter by store, item or price range?
Do you have any information on that?
I'd like to start a price book too, but it always seems like I'm in the stores for an exceptionally long time anyways. If I started doing this, I'll probably be in the stores forever!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sweetpea101506 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 03:57 PM

loves AFC!!!
Waiting for summer...

My Mood/Status:
vkearney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vkearney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vkearney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vkearney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vkearney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vkearney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vkearney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vkearney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Awesome! Thanks sooooo much for sharing...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vkearney For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 04:24 PM

ISO Expired RR or other $ off catalinas
Minnesota Get Together was the BEST!

My Mood/Status:
Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Plan with Coupons
Buy what is on SALE with a COUPON
Less time in a store = less spending!
Knowing Prices helps figure in coupons
Create a Price Book
Shop Sales listed in Ad
Meal plan from the Pantry not from the store.
There are so many people that get a coupon and run out and buy the product BEFORE it is on sale.

These are great tips that many people tend to forget to talk about. I did a coupon class and it was only for 5 people. With questions it lasted 2 1/2 hours and I talked FAST! So I will be teaching on this Sat, but am limiting it to 1 1/2 hours. SO I am taking out a TON of stuff and breaking it up into two classes.

I did mine on Power Point also and I have to agree that it is wonderful. I had 75 pages on my first one and have to knock it down to about 55 for Sat as I am not spending 3 hours at the library.

In mine, I did go into detail about rolling ECB's and RR's and that is definitely a more advance class option.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kmchamplin For This Useful Post: