Do You TEACH "couponing" ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Working on my coupon seminar business! =)
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Help Sign Do you TEACH "couponing" ?

Does anyone teach a class, seminar or workshop on "couponing" or saving money with coupons?

I'm seriously thinking about starting a side business in doing this. Either way I WILL be doing it for my church, for free, but want to start doing it and getting paid for it through other churches/businesses/etc.

So does anyone do this? How much do they charge, or how do they charge? Per head? ..etc What's your business "name" or suggest one, AND do they have any information/packets they'd be willing to share with me just to give me some ideas. Or give me some ideas you might have... I'll definately be doing visuals of actual products, with a coupon and reciept so they understand and see how it all works out AFTER the class they can come up and see.

I dunno! What do you think? What are your ideas?

PS: ALL class members will be reffered to AFC!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and newborn DD Gianna
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and our zoo:

"Who among us would ask our children for a loan,
so we could spend money we do not have, on things we do not need?" Gov. Jindal
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DeannaJoy For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-07-2008, 06:48 PM

RE: Do you TEACH "couponing" ?

is waiting for her DS to visit 3/27
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Put an ad on craigs list. Write out your thoughts and copy it off. Now you are ready.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lifeworthliving For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2008, 07:43 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
amyers12345 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!amyers12345 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!amyers12345 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!amyers12345 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!amyers12345 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!amyers12345 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I do this, and teach in a handful of states. It is wonderful for me. I make good money doing it, and I have a packed house.
An hour ago, I was sitting here watching TV, and a commercial for me came on! I taped a bunch of segments a few weeks ago for another local news station. I wasn't sure when they would air. It's not for a couple of weeks, but they are plugging it like crazy.

I need help with some visuals. I am such an audio learner, and structure my classes as more of a college type lecture.

I focus on local stores and basics in my basic course. We live in an area that only has locally owned stores, so there are no online resources out there.

Just go with your gut. If you feel you can speak in front of lots of people and be comfortable with it, go ahead and try. I have no problems with public speaking, and I also have a CPA and a BS in Finance, so that really helps me.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:51 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!DeannaJoy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
WOW! TYSM for the tips. amyers-I sent you a PM.

AFC- please keep 'em comming!!!
and newborn DD Gianna
and our zoo:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeannaJoy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2008, 09:00 AM

hummmmm.......
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Lynda1811 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have to speak in front of my head start policy council meeting in late jan. I am currently looking for tips on the subject as well.

Lynda
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lynda1811 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2008, 05:56 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Oh good! Well someone PMed me and thought that handouts might not be a good idea because anyone can take those handouts and give them to their friends... cutting back on the people who would have concidered taking your class! ...especially after hearing from their friends how helpful and informative it was.

with more ideas? I'm looking to begin my first classes in January..
starting with friends/family and my church... then move up and start charging if I feel I'm good enough!

What should the charge be? Per person? and also in groups, like say a large church or a large business that just wants to pay.. should there be a flat rate? ...how much? What are your ideas!
and newborn DD Gianna
and our zoo:

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeannaJoy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2008, 06:18 PM

I am so BLESSED!!!
I'm a coupon packing mama!

My Mood/Status:
alice14523 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alice14523 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alice14523 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alice14523 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alice14523 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!alice14523 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Hey, I want to attend a class. Does anyone out there know of anyone doing a class in Eastern Arkansas? Guess if I hang in there and continue to read from this site, work my q's, etc., I can give the classes myself. I feel I need a little more expertise in the area though.

If this post has been helpful, please click the thank you button.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alice14523 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2008, 04:06 PM

loves afullcup!!
Koo koo for coupons! ;)

My Mood/Status:
Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Jen812 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I actually just decided to start doing "couponing" parties for my friends. I've outlined an hour 1/2 lecture and will be charging $20- per person to start. I think that's a fair price because if they use my tips, they'll save at least the first week in groceries.

I was planning on giving out a hand out too -- i am concerned about people copying it and distributing but, there's so much information, I just think the hand out would be very helpful. i guess I could also do something with an easel and large writing tablet or poster board and encourage everyone to take notes. Gotta think about that one.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Jen812 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2009, 08:46 AM

johnpeabody has posted more than 5 good deals
My husband and I are also writing a book about couponing- and saving in general...look for it soon! We started a program at my church and it has really worked so well for all the members.

(Caroline Peabody, John Peabody's wife.)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to johnpeabody For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2009, 01:14 PM

Coupon class this Saturday!

charmingmoms has posted more than 25 good deals
I teach a class. i take it a step further because I have worked in grocery business for almost 10 years. i teach people how to read an ad and what to look for in addition to using coupons.

I do charge, but donate half of the admit fee( no more than $10/per person) to the Salvation Army which is where i conduct the classes. The $5 that is left pays for the room rental and printing of a "using coupons effectively" packet.

There is also a HUGE door prize in which I tell people to guess....and whoever gets the closest amount...takes everything home!

I conduct my classes at Salvation Army, because they refer clients (always free) so they can help themselves save money.

I have had as many as 53 people at one class.

I also do " home party style" workshops at a cost of $3/person.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to charmingmoms For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2009, 09:57 AM

Jdixon

My Mood/Status:
jdixon has posted more than 10 good deals
I like the idea of classes being offered to help people get an understanding of how to really get the best savings. As I have mentioned in other posts, the people offering the classes would probably benefit more on getting more business if they offered follow-up classes. You can not learn everything in one class and walk away and start saving and not have questions. I know from experience - I tried couponing and b/c I had questions and was sort of "lost" on the max savings I gave up. Well b/c of how the economy is going and I am trying to save as much $$$ as possible, I am determined to figure all of the savings out, but I know that I will be asking lots of questions as time goes forward.

Just a suggestion for the people offering classes - OFFER FOLLOW-UPS!!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jdixon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2009, 09:59 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!LACECOUPONS has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wow,all thats good,
The Following User Says Thank You to LACECOUPONS For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2009, 11:43 AM

My Mood/Status:
mtnmamamj has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtnmamamj has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtnmamamj has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtnmamamj has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtnmamamj has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtnmamamj has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mtnmamamj has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I have been thinking of doing this same thing. I was thinking of offering it through churches with the hopes that we could use their facilities for free. I was planning on calling it more of a workshop, so that people could get more training then say a seminar style would be. I too was having trouble with pricing. You guys have motivated me to go on with this. I am going to come up with some material to hand out and work on this this month.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mtnmamamj For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2009, 04:31 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
KeizerMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!KeizerMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!KeizerMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!KeizerMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!KeizerMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!KeizerMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!KeizerMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!KeizerMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!KeizerMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!KeizerMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!KeizerMom has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I ran into a gal at Walgreens last night, she was asking if they had a coupon for an item and I offered to look, she recognized me and said I'd given her coupons another time, she's somewhere here on AFC, though I guess I missed her last friend's request ....anyway, she encouraged me to teach a class on coupon'ing.

I'd mentioned it to the PTA at my younger daughters school, but they didn't seem at all interested.

I've toyed with the idea of offering classes to women in the Women's Shelter, I like the idea of helping them stretch their $ and/or foodstamps. It wouldn't hurt to give them something to focus on and feel proud of either. I may pursue that. I obviously wouldn't charge them anything, and I'm sure I'd find recipients for random extra stuff I wind up having too much of.

I think I'll practice this week, an old friend from high school is coming up with his fiancee and their new baby, between them they have 8 kids, so she's very interested in learning, if I can teach her a thing or two it'll give me the confidence to offer my "services" to others.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KeizerMom For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2009, 06:02 PM

has tons of coupons for trade!

My Mood/Status:
justbamom has posted more than 150 good deals!justbamom has posted more than 150 good deals!
I've starting teaching classes. I just feel that there are so many people out there who are hungry just to find anything that they can to save money. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to really get going. I just can't seem to find the right places to get started really.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justbamom For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2009, 12:02 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!hcsig has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
My DH keeps telling me that I need to start doing this for some of his soldiers. He constantly has people asking how I save so much money on groceries, maybe I will start looking into it. I swear he is constantly bragging about my couponing abilities (which are getting better)
,a 2 year old
and baby girl
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hcsig For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2009, 10:02 AM

My Mood/Status:
1tiredlady has posted more than 50 good deals
For those of you who are teaching classes at this time, do you have any special training to teach or are you just teaching what you've learned on your own and of course here at AFC?
How long are your classes?
Do you give door prizes, have fun games, etc?
Do you do it as at-home parties, church, etc?
How long are your classes/workshops?
I'd love to know more about this. I started couponing last January and am amazed at how much I have saved. I'm trying to talk my mom into couponing.. there's a good side and a bad side... good side- she'll save money... bad side- she won't give me her coupons like she has been. Anyway, I could use the extra money and I think I could teach people a thing or two about couponing.
Thanks!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1tiredlady For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2009, 10:17 AM

My Mood/Status:
poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!poshpoodle has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have been lying in bed at night thinking about this as well. I teach my friends all the time as well as pass out coupons to them- SO many people have told me I should charge and start a class- but I am not sure I am comfortable enough to teach what I have learned from here at AFC and through my own trial and error.
My DD is in a pre-school class with about 20 other little ones- so about that many parents would be around after school- I thought maybe presenting it there first- But just not sure where to begin.
Also, my DH said if I teach it I will be competing with others for the deals- I will NEVER be able to get what I need from CVS_ . SO he is not super fond of the idea- but I tell everyone for free anyway!
I was told by a guy at Publix that there is a lady that does teach in my area and for $10 she lets her "students" pick a store and she physically goes with them and shows them how to maximize their savings- he said she does very well. I too would love any info- if anyone has PM'd you feel free to pass on tips to me too- Please!

Always looking for a deal!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poshpoodle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2009, 02:12 PM

is the best member ever!!
I love NKOTB!!!

My Mood/Status:
cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
so I was buying the sissors (sissor deal) from kmart.. I am thinking to myself what am I going to do with these sissors... I was like I should teach a class on how to be a coupon master I would call it coupon MD. I just dont know anyone that would pay to come to my class.. but dont worry everyone is there for the free hand outs when they come to my house! if people only knew how much stuff we all get free, would there be enough for us to stockpile??

Heres my ideas!!! I would have a sign up sheet have a max of 10, 15 people.. tell everyone to bring a sunday paper. I myself would have extra sunday papers.. show them that we all buy tons of papers! then have a wags esc for every person. also all the local ads for the area your in.. have the people cut there coupons (with the sissors I got from kmart!!!) tell them to cut every coupon... even if they dont wear depends (grandma might and she might like to trade for her kotex coupon!!) I would only charge like 3-5 dollars I want them to come back next week to hang with the girls and trade more coupons... Hope they buy more papers to trade for better coupons. I would teach them the difference on saving with coupons and not saving at all....
I know tons of people, (family members & friends) that think I am crazy for all the stuff I have that I have gotten free. why do you have that? well it was free silly, as they have there hands open for the free hand outs.... or they call me up do you have any coupons for this or that... I am always like yea that was in last sundays paper, were did you put yours, in the garbage they always tell me... I ask them all the time why dont you cut your coupons.. they always tell me the best excuse I DONT HAVE TIME!! I just think to myself geez I dig in my neighbors recycle bin on garbage nights for coupons!

If anyone has any other tips feel free to pass them along!! I might try a class I might not.. I think I will wait if I do till its warm then the kids if they have any can play outside!!
Old 02-04-2009, 04:16 PM

I HAVE A FEVER AND THE ONLY CURE IS MORE COUPONS!

My Mood/Status:
danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!danielephant has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have had 1 class and plan on having another at the end of the month...and i also have a blog for my friends where i post a money saving deal of the day
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danielephant For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2009, 01:23 PM

momto8kiddos has posted more than 50 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tiredlady View Post
do you have any special training to teach or are you just teaching what you've learned on your own and of course here at AFC?
Just what I've learned online here and at other coupon forums. I did have to study the curriculum so that I could present it easily but I already knew the concepts.

Quote:
Mine are about two hours. I go through a DVD slide presentation. Makes it very easy and keeps me focussed. With my made up curriculum it was too easy to get side tracked or add unnecessary things.

Quote:
I give door prizes, have a game going throughout the presentation and give a thank you gift to the host

Quote:
I have done it in homes but also have one scheduled for a church.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to momto8kiddos For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2009, 01:54 PM

Coupon class this Saturday!

charmingmoms has posted more than 25 good deals
For those of you who are teaching classes at this time, do you have any special training to teach or are you just teaching what you've learned on your own and of course here at AFC?
I used my "inside information" that I received when I was pricing coordinator while working for a grocery store.

I try to keep the workshops under 2 hours.

I have a HUGE door prize that I take from my stockpile, costs me $10-12 OOP, but retails for close to $60-$75. Who ever guesses the closest price gets to take everything home.

I do both "home party" workshops as well as open to the public and advertising.
The Following User Says Thank You to charmingmoms For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2009, 02:06 PM

Enjoying today!!

My Mood/Status:
couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!couponmama62 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
This is all great things!!
Old 02-16-2009, 05:12 AM

ssindi has posted more than 10 good deals
Thanks for reminding me about Q classes. I was once invited to do a one night Adult ED class on Q'ing, Unfortunately we didn't get enough sign ups. Things may have changed now. May be a good time to try again. I did do it for the County Extension Service .That was a freebie though. We had a good response for that. I like the idea of giving the stockpile door prize. I also have many more resourses now like this sight for example. Hmmm, will be giving this some thought.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ssindi For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2009, 07:11 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
tnkl4hisl3
I started having "couponing/saving money" parties last month. The nest one is this Saturday. These are free and only a select group of "friends' are invited.

I would like to maximize, meaning make some money, off of teaching people how to save money. I know there are some people on here that feel that is wrong, why should you pay to learn how to save money. I say everyone has to make a living and since I don't draw a check or anything, why not profit when you can and when you have something (knowledge) that someone else wants, it's gonna cost ya.

I was going to teach a class at the local college and still might some day. I have to figure out how to make more money in this slagging economy. I am an entrepreneur, always looking for a new idea (to the area anyway) and a way to make it without having to go to a "real job".

So far I am just selling stockpile items but may if there is enough interest, get people to pay me to teach a class.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tnkl4hisl3 For This Useful Post: