How Long Have You Been Couponing?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2015, 05:47 PM

RE: How long have you been couponing?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have been couponing seriously for about 3 years. Before that I was just happy that one or two coupons were in the inserts or the flyers. When I look back my mother did a little and she did the green stamps.My stepMIL must have couponed a lot she took me a couple of times but not on big trips I remember her pantry both upstairs and downstairs, we would call it a stockpile know. All small sizes I was about 21 at the time. I should have pressed her how and why hers looked like that and I wished she had taught me. Now my kids see me do it and how well it works. I am teaching them and one DIL. My DD 17 knows the store polices better than most clerks. I have slowed down a bit, this summer has been hectic for us,Hubbies medical needs have trumped a lot. Things are turning around so I'm going to have more time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lyn96 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-05-2015, 11:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!dmdspice has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Dance I love saving money!

I have been couponing for 3 years now. I pretty much new nothing before i joined AFC!!! Thank God for great forum leaders like monkeydawn who answered all my posts when i was confused. And, she knows store policy better than the people who work at CVS. I learned to coupon in the CVS forum. She is a great teacher! And, thanks to all the other members of AFC for their knowledge, input, and great deals they post to help us get great deals!
The past year and a half I have primarily been pming at walmart. Boy, is that some work!!! It is a dirty job but someones gotta do it!!! Every Walmart is different. Sometimes i have a great experience and other times its a nightmare!!! Omg!!! I have never been through so much drama in my life! Going to Walmart is like playing russian roulettte!!! And, on the bad days, the trigger goes off!!!u I have found that not everyone likes couponers nor are they coupon friendly! The bad couponers have ruined it for the good couponers. Every time i shop they have INVENTED new rules and policy. Its CRAZY!!!! I hit many different Walmarts in the greater Houston area. I have plenty of stores to choose from and i am grateful for that because there are some Walmart locations that i would rather not deal with. Couponing there is getting much harder and stricter. I much prefer CVS shopping over Walmart shopping! However, my dh doesnt want to eat toothpaste so i have to buy food!Next time i go to walmart, i am wearing my combat boots and fatigues!!!
I refuse to give up couponing because some cashiers are coupon haters!! And, there is no way i am paying these astronomical food prices today!!! Inflation is alive and well!!! I have seen the price of food go up 25% in less than a year!!! Its UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! I price match so i am very aware of prices. I can hardly believe how much it costs a family of 4 (that doesn't coupon) monthly in grocery expense!!! Its like paying rent in an apartment.
Couponing is a way of life for me now. I cant imagine not couponing!!! I would pass out at the register when they hit the total button!!!

Last edited by dmdspice; 11-05-2015 at 11:51 PM. Reason: typos
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dmdspice For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2015, 08:31 PM

JHGFftseR has posted more than 1 good deal
I still don't understand some stores though as it confuses me like WAG points I hate that store.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JHGFftseR For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2015, 09:23 AM

googolga has posted more than 10 good deals
Ten years! And as a straight man, I feel like I'm probably a bit of an outlier, but saving money is saving money, and I think more men should be willing to do it!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to googolga For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2015, 06:33 PM

CrazySaver!!!!

2015 YTD Savings: $1781.16
CrazySaver89 has posted more than 5 good deals
I started couponing in Oct 2015.. I already have a stockpile a small one but for only at it for several months I think I am doing good.. Even when I have thinks that I got for free like my laundry, razors, mouthwash, toothpaste, and hair products oh and some food items like butter, baking goods, and cereals... I have saved over 1800 since late Oct and my % of saving at the stores keep going up... I wish I knew about this when I was younger and When I was prego... LOL

Maybe thats why my store knows me by the Crazy Coupon Lady LOL
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrazySaver89 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2016, 03:07 AM

My Mood/Status:
laura264 has posted more than 150 good deals!laura264 has posted more than 150 good deals!
I started couponing about 8 years ago...and my hubby thought I was nuts. You know the drill, hours cutting, organizing and stacking. Then I made him go grocery shopping with me the first time I seriously couponed. It was at Food Lion in St. Augustine, Florida. It took me two hours and when I told him to go get another cart I thought he was going to have a panic attack. He must of reminded me 20 times how much money we DIDN'T have. When we got in line I'll always remember the look the cashier gave me...and the lady behind me. But after it was all totaled up and she said I had saved $128.50 they applauded me. It was pretty cool. The next day when I woke up my husband was on the phone talking to someone at the local Catholic church. He was getting permission to rummage through their newspaper recycling bin. A few hours later my husband jumped in and started snagging up coupons. I never loved him more than at that moment.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to laura264 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2016, 06:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
mgionet39 has posted more than 10 good deals
On and off since I was 18, but now I want to get serious! I just need a little help from AFC to correctly coupon, not just clip to buy something that I may never use! I hope to get wicked good at it~~~
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mgionet39 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2016, 12:04 AM

phyte has posted more than 10 good deals
It depends on what i need,but in most cases,I use coupon to online shopping at least twice a week.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phyte For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2016, 01:17 PM

Coupon Free or Die

My Mood/Status:
mrslebreton53 has posted more than 150 good deals!mrslebreton53 has posted more than 150 good deals!
I have couponed on and off for the last 8 years. I haven't done anything in about 2 years now but the kids are getting bigger and eating me out of house and home. Trying to find ways to buy more with less.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mrslebreton53 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2016, 07:54 AM

Just checking the deals!

My Mood/Status:
BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!BargainSeeker has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I have been hard-core, ninja couponing for the last 20 years. Prior to that my mother couponed and I hated it. She once showed me her savings account to show me how much she saved in a year. She used to deposit all her coupon savings into an account separate from her other accounts. When I saw the amount, something in my brain clicked! Needless to say, since then I have been couponing and have been depositing my savings in an account. When I think of all the years I did not coupon, I could kick myself!

Sorry, I don't have paypal!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BargainSeeker For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2016, 09:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I say that all the time. My daughter is really into it if I had known this when I was her age on top of how much better I hear the deals used to be things would be a whole lot different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BargainSeeker View Post
I have been hard-core, ninja couponing for the last 20 years. Prior to that my mother couponed and I hated it. She once showed me her savings account to show me how much she saved in a year. She used to deposit all her coupon savings into an account separate from her other accounts. When I saw the amount, something in my brain clicked! Needless to say, since then I have been couponing and have been depositing my savings in an account. When I think of all the years I did not coupon, I could kick myself!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lyn96 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2016, 08:48 PM

greeoo has posted more than 10 good deals
Can't stop buying if I know some good coupons, so I usually do it once or twice every week.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greeoo For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2016, 06:40 PM

zaheerz has posted more than 5 good deals
Just started today trying to research as much as i can about it
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zaheerz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2016, 06:08 AM

Couponsji has posted more than 1 good deal
I found a few of my friends couponing here and there, and so here I am. Some deals are truly lucrative and help me stay within my family budget for the month. Again, I come across some deals that seem too good to be true and then when I click on them I find that they had expired
The Following User Says Thank You to Couponsji For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2017, 02:12 AM

Mohuya
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couponsji View Post
I found a few of my friends couponing here and there, and so here I am. Some deals are truly lucrative and help me stay within my family budget for the month. Again, I come across some deals that seem too good to be true and then when I click on them I find that they had expired

Hey Couponsji

It's okay. You should keep a habbit of checking new coupons. In this way you will be updated and you will never miss any deals.
Old 01-25-2017, 03:19 AM

Alice Dsouza has posted more than 1 good deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couponsji View Post

It seems we both share the same kind of experience. I'm found of shopping by using coupons but many times after clicking the offer I realize that the offer has ended. Perhaps, my bad luck.
Old 04-05-2017, 01:36 PM

CherryBlossom33 has posted more than 1 good deal
I started Couponing 10 years ago, my Best friend got me hooked been loving couponing ever since!
The Following User Says Thank You to CherryBlossom33 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2017, 06:45 PM

CRAZY

My Mood/Status:
prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!prep54 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
over 43 years! Seriously! Maybe closer to 50, as my Aunt turned me on to rebates when I was in my teens, so I helped my mother with her grocery lists/coupons & refunds.
Just cannot go into a store unprepared! LOL

Hi Nowpoints, I'm back!