WIC And Coupons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 08:09 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
newb83 has posted more than 150 good deals!newb83 has posted more than 150 good deals!
WIC and coupons

I have a WIC check for $10 worth of fruit and veggies. My store is having a sale on canned veggies and I also have coupons for them. I've never used coupons with WIC so I am wondering if there will be any issues. TBH I'm a little embarrassed about WIC and I'm afraid of there being problems!

TIA!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to newb83 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:16 PM

RE: WIC and coupons

My Mood/Status:
Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Coupid has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Not speaking from personal experience so not positive but I have seen other poste where people have used coupons and WIC in the same transaction with no problem. You would think the government would be glad to have you get more stuff for less. Heck maybe someone she teach the government a thing or two about coupons....oh wait too much work for them huh . As far as being embarrassed about it hey the economy is not exactly stellar and we have a nation that itself needs help from other countries....only on the nation's part it's because of some really bad spending habits. Sometimes it's next to impossible to make ends meet and you might need a hand from the government for a while so be it. You do what you have to do to take care of your family and good for you for stretching every penny as far as you can.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Coupid For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2012, 08:29 PM

loveconcept4u has posted more than 200 great deals!loveconcept4u has posted more than 200 great deals!loveconcept4u has posted more than 200 great deals!
Therer is nothing to be ashamed about. You can def use qs with wic. At first I had a slow time with them checking out but after a while I just went with it
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to loveconcept4u For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2012, 08:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
cayab has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cayab has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cayab has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cayab has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cayab has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cayab has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cayab has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cayab has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
yes you can use coupons, it's on the back of the little wic pamphlet they give you they encourage you to use coupons
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cayab For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2012, 08:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
Dorymae has posted more than 300 great deals!Dorymae has posted more than 300 great deals!Dorymae has posted more than 300 great deals!Dorymae has posted more than 300 great deals!
Yes you can use coupons, however the wic check for fruits and vegetables...just make sure its not for only fresh. When my kids were little, after their father died, I used wic and foodstamps and I used coupons all the time. It really does stretch your budget using coupons!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
newb83 has posted more than 150 good deals!newb83 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Thanks for the quick response and encouragement everyone! Luckily the check says that canned veggies are included. I should be able to get 24 cans of veggies with just this one check! I am so thrilled! :-)

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse the typos ;-)
.../*♥♥*\ that you are
.(.|.|..|.|.) against animal cruelty ♥
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to newb83 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 02:57 AM

cmkstar has posted more than 25 good deals
When I first had my daughter (almost 10 yrs ago), they encouraged the use of coupons. Not sure how the checks look in other states, but in NY ours listed exact sizes and quantities that we could buy with the checks. They explained to me that the program was run by grants, so using coupons with WIC saved the program money, which meant there was more to go around.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cmkstar For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2012, 12:54 AM

My Mood/Status:
marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Not allowed here
Old 03-24-2012, 02:04 AM

SocialPrincess has posted more than 100 good deals!SocialPrincess has posted more than 100 good deals!
I don't know why it would be a problem. I use coupons with food stamps and its never a problem. I know wic is different but its still a government program.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:32 AM

couponing! love it!

My Mood/Status:
pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkstar View Post
When I first had my daughter (almost 10 yrs ago), they encouraged the use of coupons. Not sure how the checks look in other states, but in NY ours listed exact sizes and quantities that we could buy with the checks. They explained to me that the program was run by grants, so using coupons with WIC saved the program money, which meant there was more to go around.
I have WIC and am in NY, they haven't changed much. They only allow up to a certain amount of stuff on most all checks. The fruits and veggie one is the only one that you are allowed to go over the $6 or the $10 amount. Its a real hassle but it helps a lot.

Yep you can use coupons with your WIC checks, although I haven't done that yet. The one store I shop at its so much of a hassle they have to call over a manager every time someone pays with WIC. The other store I just don't really care to use my WIC checks there because most of the employees just don't know. And the quality isn't really there.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:39 AM

likes $3/$5 off Nature Mades
Kansas Sunflower

My Mood/Status:
bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!bobojay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
You could always go up to Customer Svc at your store and ask them. There shouldnt be any problem in my opinion.

**ISO Q's**
Tena
Egglands Egg coupons
Lactaid Milk
Tyson Chicken Sandwich
Angel Soft TP
Land O Lakes butter
Adult type cereal
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobojay For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2012, 07:44 AM

My Mood/Status:
Tanith1365 has posted more than 300 great deals!Tanith1365 has posted more than 300 great deals!Tanith1365 has posted more than 300 great deals!Tanith1365 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I take advantage when things are buy one get one free... Because that really helps... Four loaves of bread are better than two.... Strawberries are bogo a lot also.. Take advantage of it.. The program is to keep your little ones healthy.. Nothing to be ashamed of..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tanith1365 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2012, 02:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!marcie26 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanith1365 View Post
I take advantage when things are buy one get one free... Because that really helps... Four loaves of bread are better than two.... Strawberries are bogo a lot also.. Take advantage of it.. The program is to keep your little ones healthy.. Nothing to be ashamed of..
Where do you all go that allow coupons because Walmart and Kroger DO NOT. Also, where do you shop that has any of that stuff bogo? We only have Walmart, Kroger, Sullivans, Cub Foods, Aldi, and Save a Lot - none of which I am too impressed with
Old 04-02-2012, 02:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
Tanith1365 has posted more than 300 great deals!Tanith1365 has posted more than 300 great deals!Tanith1365 has posted more than 300 great deals!Tanith1365 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Grocery stores like Weis and Redners have them bogo all the time... In fact I will wait to they do have bogo... I don't know about other stores...
The Following User Says Thank You to Tanith1365 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2012, 05:16 PM

n2sweeps has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!n2sweeps has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!n2sweeps has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!n2sweeps has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!n2sweeps has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!n2sweeps has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!n2sweeps has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!n2sweeps has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
WIC here(SC) actually encourages the use of coupons.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:22 PM

aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!aflmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
We use to get WIC with our foster children. For the cereal, I would shop the BOGO sales and get twice as much cereal. Publix also told me that the "WIC" cereal had to be the kind specified but with the BOGO sales, I could pick out other kinds.
The Following User Says Thank You to aflmom For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 09:38 PM

amberk42 has posted more than 25 good deals
I always save my WIC fruit/veggies vouchers for good sales. I can only get fresh or frozen veggies though, not canned. Fine by me though, cause I hate canned now. Coupons really help out, especially during some Birdseye sales combined with coupons
The Following User Says Thank You to amberk42 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2012, 11:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
jennteel has posted more than 150 good deals!jennteel has posted more than 150 good deals!
Thank you so much for this thread! My daughter gets WIC for her son. They moved back in with us for a bit and she is out of work so they WIC helps out a GREAT deal for my grandson and my youngest whom is 4. (Yes I spaced my kids FAR apart ). Anyways, I pick up the WIC food for her. I was under the impression you could not use Q's with WIC only because walmart won't even price match bananas for WIC. UGH! Looks like I need to check around to find a store in my area that will allow coupons and/or BOGO sales too!

Don't feel embarrassed to use the WIC. Nobody at the store knows your business, therefore shouldn't even be thinking about someone else using WIC or why they are.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jennteel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 06:36 AM

couponing! love it!

My Mood/Status:
pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I get fresh fruits and veggies with WIC. Since I've been using coupons stocking up on frozen and canned veggies/fruits are cheap and a few sales around here makes those items easy to stock up. But fresh, is hard even when the farmers markets open for the summer. We go through fresh stuff like no tomorrow so the WIC helps. We get mainly banana's and carrots, sometimes we will get fresh kiwi and some others when its cheap.

I just think its a waste to use WIC on canned and frozen when you can get fresh. Fresh is best in my mind.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
For anyone who shops Weis ... The strawberries are bogo... So that is great!! I always get that with the Wic check
The Following User Says Thank You to Tanith1365 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 08:20 AM

My Mood/Status:
lilrdmandy has posted more than 200 great deals!lilrdmandy has posted more than 200 great deals!lilrdmandy has posted more than 200 great deals!
I have Wic and on the back of the sheet they gave me which shows what is allowed it says that you can use coupons with Wic. What i haven't tried and am curious about is price matching.. Anyone have experience with that?
The Following User Says Thank You to lilrdmandy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2012, 08:23 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrdmandy View Post
I have Wic and on the back of the sheet they gave me which shows what is allowed it says that you can use coupons with Wic. What i haven't tried and am curious about is price matching.. Anyone have experience with that?
I need to look at mine because if it has that wording then they HAVE to allow me Are the sheets the same in all states?
(PS I forgot all about price matching until one day I went over by a few cents and the cashier said oh, yeah, these bananas are on sale at such and such place so we will just change it!)
Old 04-13-2012, 08:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
jennteel has posted more than 150 good deals!jennteel has posted more than 150 good deals!
I have only tried the PM at walmart for WIC and they did not allow it. But that's Walmart so I was not shocked.
The Following User Says Thank You to jennteel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2012, 03:27 PM

swanson4kids has posted more than 150 good deals!swanson4kids has posted more than 150 good deals!
I have no problems ever using coupons with WIC they usually just say how come I never thought of that! Recently at my store salad was $1 and I used $1/2 coupon and my cashier was so impressed. I got 8 bags of salad and 2 packages of strawberries BOGO for my $6 WIC check.
The Following User Says Thank You to swanson4kids For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2012, 09:51 AM

Isiah's Mum

My Mood/Status:
OctoSquishy has posted more than 50 good deals
There shouldn't be a problem at all I price-match my fruits and veg coupons from Aldi's and take it to Walmart so I can use my WIC on it and I've never had a problem, so I don't see why coupons would be an issue either

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mother to Isiah Don, 1 year now!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pregnant with #2!
Super-Lady!
The Following User Says Thank You to OctoSquishy For This Useful Post: