Help Learning The Ways Of Couponing For Baby Items!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 12:38 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
dairtudreem has posted more than 200 great deals!dairtudreem has posted more than 200 great deals!dairtudreem has posted more than 200 great deals!
Baby Help learning the ways of couponing for baby items!

I recently found out I am pregnant! YAY! Kind of in a little less than ideaL situation...currently in college, hubby and I both work, but we'll make things work! I've read around that some people are able to get really good deals on diapers, wipes and other things. I mostly shop at Target and Walmart. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I have a good amount of time before I am due so I can stock pile.. should be around September!
The Following User Says Thank You to dairtudreem For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-21-2012, 08:16 PM

RE: Help learning the ways of couponing for baby items!

Chatrbee2 has posted more than 50 good deals
Check all the manufacture sites to see what they have available for signing up new parents. Pampers, loves, etc. Amazon runs good deals and there are ways to save through there site. Try checking out diapers.com they have new member discounts. There is a good blog called thrifty couple they put up a lot of information on savings online and off for diapers, wipes, etc.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!
I can not recommend cloth diapers highly enough! They really are AWESOME my DD is 7 months and we love them (way fewer leaks, gobs cheeper, and infanently cuter ) I know it's not what you were asking about but a ton of people don't seem to know about new cloth diapers and since (long run) there sooo much cheeper I thought I would throw this out there
The Following User Says Thank You to bigdogmom187 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 09:42 AM

listening to the music of the spheres
Buddhist Bon Vivant Pataphysicist!

My Mood/Status:
siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Congratulations! I have no doubt you'll be able to find the diapers and wipes deals between now and then to stock up. On other items, you can save big bucks by buying used clothes and baby furniture. Just be sure to do your research on recalls on items like cribs, baby seats, and so on. Resale shops get TONS of adorable baby clothes because babies grow so very fast. If you are very picky, you can pick up brand new never been worn things there. Best of luck!
Old 01-22-2012, 10:18 AM

tdecker24 has posted more than 25 good deals
go sign up with target for a baby shower registry and they will give you a bag of coupons. stack with manufacturer qs and it makes good deals. Also keep your eye on sites for diaper deals like 4.99 or less for pampers, huggies etc. i did good last year with wags infant care book but they expired in dec 2011. and sign up for all formula even if u dont plan because alot of ppl will trade the checks they send you for other qs. stock diapers, wipes, formula, body washes and all stuff like that! good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to tdecker24 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 02:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
dairtudreem has posted more than 200 great deals!dairtudreem has posted more than 200 great deals!dairtudreem has posted more than 200 great deals!
Thanks for the help guys!
I have already signed up with Pampers and Huggies.. still gotta do Luvs!
What are some of the formula brands... I can only think of Enfamil(sp) right now
Old 01-22-2012, 02:42 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogmom187 View Post
I can not recommend cloth diapers highly enough! They really are AWESOME my DD is 7 months and we love them (way fewer leaks, gobs cheeper, and infanently cuter ) I know it's not what you were asking about but a ton of people don't seem to know about new cloth diapers and since (long run) there sooo much cheeper I thought I would throw this out there
Ooh, I haven't thought about that! I was always under the impression that cloth diapers wouldn't be as sanitary as disposable ones. How do you clean them? Bleach in the washer?
Old 01-22-2012, 04:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
saving$inmaine has posted more than 400 great deals!saving$inmaine has posted more than 400 great deals!saving$inmaine has posted more than 400 great deals!saving$inmaine has posted more than 400 great deals!saving$inmaine has posted more than 400 great deals!
Similac, good start (gerber) parents choice (walmart) up and up ( target) are some other formulas....sometimes people sell brand new formula on ebay at a fraction of the cost..........thread up swaps children clothes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
husband
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
15daughter
wooohooo after 4 years of infertility and 2 round of if I have a beautiful baby girl! She came early at 3.5 pounds and now is 17 months and 17 pounds
The Following User Says Thank You to saving$inmaine For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 06:47 PM

couponing! love it!

My Mood/Status:
pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearlscraftymama has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Don't forget at Target you can stack store coupons with manf coupons. If you can go for the gc deals at Target, makes it cheaper per diaper and you can use the gc for other items too.

We are expecting daughter #2 in May so we've got a little less time than you to stock up. I've been doing alright, but some of the "deals" aren't quite "deals" our budget can afford right now. So I've been holding off I have managed to get a few free be coupons off the net that's helped.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:14 PM

God has a plan to prosper us all

My Mood/Status:
triedntrue has posted more than 25 good deals
For baby furniture and clothes try using Freecycle you can get rid of stuff to make room for baby and possibly get the things you need for him or her. There is always Craigslist as well as yardsales in the spring.

Overage is a great way to buy things that you can't otherwise afford easily. Clothes (of course clearanced) and diapers can easily be bought this way. Diapers are a great chance to use a coupon and then use overage to pay for the rest of the diapers Target puts a ton of stuff on 75% off clearance in July.

Check the boxed diapers for coupons too. We bought some that had $3 off coupons and stacked them with $3 store coupons for a great deal.

My partner and just started buying baby stuff so we are ready for when we get pregnant this year. What I have been doing is using overage at stores that allow and using coupons on the items as well. We bought 258 diapers for $10.55
The Following User Says Thank You to triedntrue For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 08:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dairtudreem View Post
Ooh, I haven't thought about that! I was always under the impression that cloth diapers wouldn't be as sanitary as disposable ones. How do you clean them? Bleach in the washer?
You can use bleach when you are striping them (I only have to do this once every 2 weeks) and everyone has a different wash routine (it all depends on what works best with your washer LOL ) mine involves a full regular cycle of cold wash with no soap to rinse them supper well then a heavy duty hot wash with extra rinse (and SOAP!) there very sanitary (as long as you WASH them LOL ) and EXCELENT if baby has sensitive skin! (mine does but so do I LOL so I was expecting her to as well) they can be more expencive up front but not necisaraly you can check out diaperswapers.com they have a GREAT forum for asking questions and you can also get diapers used there as well (I have bought many this way espeshaly if I wanted to try out a more expencive brand and not shell out a ton in case we hated them LOL ) Feel free to PM me about it if you want to we have been doing cloth exclusivly for more than 5 months now and we LOVE it
Old 01-22-2012, 08:47 PM

I love couponing!

CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CouponKody has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ask around! That is my best advice. I found that everyone is really bad about hanging onto their baby items because they can't part with them but when they find out someone is in need then they feel better giving them away. Ask everyone to give you baby coupons and start stocking up on wipes, etc now as you have time to find the good deals. Good luck!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:56 AM

RobertB has posted more than 10 good deals
Congratulations! My wife and I had our first baby last summer and I would recommend using normal couponing techniques, just apply it to baby products (start checking the baby section on printable coupon sites). In addition to AFC, there are some great community forums on baby/parenting websites, like The Bump and BabyCenter, that have helpful forums around baby related coupons and deals (not to mention everything else about parenting). Good luck with everything! -Rob, blogger at Smart Living by Coupon Networks
The Following User Says Thank You to RobertB For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2012, 12:57 PM

new2coup has posted more than 10 good deals
I have used the members mark formula from sams (if you are or know a member) for all 3of my little ones...ages 3yrs -4mos now. It is comparible to enfamil. Huge can, double enfamile size for half the price. Great
Old 01-26-2012, 04:29 AM

2014 YTD Savings: $25
My Mood/Status:
CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by siriradha View Post
... Just be sure to do your research on recalls on items like cribs, baby seats, and so on. ...
Yes, Congrats!!

Here is the source for recall info: CPSC Home Page | cpsc.gov

There is a searchable database of all prior recalls.
There are free subscription options (email, phone, rss) for future recalls.

Good luck,
CMmem

I found
at AFC

The Following User Says Thank You to CMmem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2012, 08:23 AM

My Mood/Status:
Ooh thanks, that will definitely be useful!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:51 AM

AFC Forum Leader

missmeglea has posted more than 300 great deals!missmeglea has posted more than 300 great deals!missmeglea has posted more than 300 great deals!missmeglea has posted more than 300 great deals!
If you haven't already, sign up for a rewards card at Babies/Toys R Us...they will send you member only coupons and for every 9 value boxes of pampers you buy, you get 1 free (I believe they do the same for huggies, but we're not a fan of huggies.) The boxes ARE expensive (currently $45.99!) But it is wonderful to get that coupon in the mail for a free box Their store brand is also really good, and starting tomorrow (Jan 27th) they have a sale that when you buy 2 value boxes of their brand, and a box of wipes, you get a $20 gift card. I figured this to be spending about $64, and get $20 back. (Their store brand value boxes are $27, and wipes are $10.) They'll have the same sale on pampers, but it's 2 value boxes, 1 wipes and a $25 gift card. You'd be spending about $105 though to get that gift card. (Diapers are $47, wipes are $11). When I was pregnant, each time I went to the store I bought a package of diapers. This was before I was couponing though! I know a baby shower is a long way away, but at ours, my hubby invited his guy friends for beer and pizza but they were only allowed to come if they brought diapers LOL We ended up with a HUGE closet full of diapers by the time I delivered! Congrats to you!
The Following User Says Thank You to missmeglea For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2012, 09:53 AM

AFC Forum Leader

missmeglea has posted more than 300 great deals!missmeglea has posted more than 300 great deals!missmeglea has posted more than 300 great deals!missmeglea has posted more than 300 great deals!
Oh, they also have similar deals at Toys/Babies R Us when you buy certain formula...buy 9, get the 10th free with the rewards card...but both my kids were on specific formulas that weren't part of this offer so I'm not exactly sure what the terms were. For both the buy 9 deals, they track it on your rewards card, you don't need to buy 9 at a time Could you imagine that bill?
Old 01-27-2012, 09:40 AM

My Mood/Status:
southerncoupondiva has posted more than 5 good deals
Congrats OP! These are some good tips. I have a new granddaughter born the 12th of this month and I have been wondering how I can stock up on Diapers pretty cheap for her. Thanks for all the tips!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:16 AM

ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dairtudreem View Post
I also worry about the leaking. There are enough issues with disposables leak and with infants the blow outs they have - ick.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:21 AM

ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!ericlovesarah has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
My husband and I have been preparing in the hopes of being pregnant in the next year. My biggest tip I got from another mom was to buy a pack of diapers every shopping trip. Get different brands, types, sizes, etc. This will help you get used to buying them in your budget every week and you will have a stockpile started. I also do the coupons for them, but I have not found as many good deals as in previous years.

For clothes we go to the Goodwill outlet. Everything is bought by the pound. So I end up getting most clothes and blankets for next to nothing. I have them stocked up in a dresser and already know what I do or do not need right now.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:50 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlovesarah

I also worry about the leaking. There are enough issues with disposables leak and with infants the blow outs they have - ick.
Ok I know this is going to be hard to believe (mostly because I didn't believe it when I was in your shoes) but I swear I am NOT pulling your leg...cloth diapers leak less than paper ones. I use both (though paper use is only when I run out of cloth anymore ) the only time we have a leak in cloth is when (and I promise you will learn what I mean) there is no diaper on earth that could have stopped the leak ! Feel free to pm me about cloth questions.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:26 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlovesarah
My husband and I have been preparing in the hopes of being pregnant in the next year. My biggest tip I got from another mom was to buy a pack of diapers every shopping trip. Get different brands, types, sizes, etc. This will help you get used to buying them in your budget every week and you will have a stockpile started. I also do the coupons for them, but I have not found as many good deals as in previous years.

For clothes we go to the Goodwill outlet. Everything is bought by the pound. So I end up getting most clothes and blankets for next to nothing. I have them stocked up in a dresser and already know what I do or do not need right now.
I've heard from many moms that buying diapers everytime you go to the store is a good idea. Target has a nice deal going on next week so ill give it a go. There are a couple cosignment stores around me that I should probably visit. Thanks for the advice!
Old 01-28-2012, 05:05 AM

looking for baby deals for a shower
Friends don't let friends pay full price...

My Mood/Status:
thekanes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thekanes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thekanes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thekanes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thekanes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thekanes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thekanes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thekanes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Congratulations!!!

Call/email all baby companies and tell them that you are expecting and interested in trying their products; most companies will send your samples and long dated coupons. IF you can make the time...call rather than emailing; it's more personal and harder for someone to say no. IF you decide to "email" set up a seperate email just for coupons to help with spams and junk.

Some companies to start calling are La Leche League, Similac, Isomil, Enfamil, Nestle, Parent's Choice or Other Formula, Lansinoh, Tylenol, Triaminic, St. Joseph's, J & J Baby, OraJel, Evenflo, Gerber, Beech-Nut Baby, Earth's Best Food, Nature's Goodness Baby Food, Munchkin, Little Remedies, 1st years product, Playtex, Kimberly Clark, etc.

My "baby" will be 17 in 3 days so I am a bit out of practice; but when we found out we were pregnant with him (our third and last) we were so young. We already had 2 and did I mention they were all close in age and knew I could not afford to work once a third joined us. Also, I did not want 2 in diapers so I every week I bought a pack of diapers and wipes. I taped the receipt to the package in case he outgrew a specific size...I was able to swap them for the next size. By time our "baby" joined us we had so many diapers and wipes that we did not have to buy 1 single pack until right after his first birthday It also helped that we already had everything else so we ONLY asked people for diapers/wipes for baby gifts! We did not worry about formula since I nursed; thank goodness we didn't have that expense too.

Also, check clearance shelves/racks for clothes; they do grow so fast and really it's not worth spending so much on clothing.

Consider making your own baby food to help save money there too.

Sorry so long...good luck!!!

Tanya

The Following User Says Thank You to thekanes For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2012, 05:13 AM

looking for baby deals for a shower
Friends don't let friends pay full price...

My Mood/Status:
thekanes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thekanes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thekanes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thekanes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thekanes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thekanes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thekanes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!thekanes has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I just read this:

Enfamil Formula 32 oz. Can, $6.76
Use - $5.00/1 Any Enfamil Product *No Size Restrictions!* Enfamil is Safe - No Product Recall - Mead Johnson Nutrition
Total: $1.76 per can

You can print 2 coupons per computer…print as many as you can then go to Wal-Mart and get some CHEAP formula; make sure you get long dates!

*I did not print the coupon so I cannot confirm it says "No Size Restrictions".

Tanya