How To Print In Black And White

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 06:40 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

klc92201 has posted more than 10 good deals
How to print in black and white

I can not get coupons.com to only print my coupons in black and white. I know it can be done as the other coupons are printing in black and white but not coupons.com. I'm using explorer.
The Following User Says Thank You to klc92201 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 06:44 AM

RE: How to print in black and white

My Mood/Status:
RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
If you go to printer properties you should be able to change to grey scale only.
The Following User Says Thank You to RoxieE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2012, 06:45 AM

klc92201 has posted more than 10 good deals
It show it is in black only but coupons.com still prints in color?
Old 01-04-2012, 06:49 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by klc92201 View Post
It show it is in black only but coupons.com still prints in color?
Yep that is how they work. I hate it but if I use a black/white laser printer or inkjet they print that way but touch a color printer that even has set to only print in black and it will still over ride and print in color.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 01:38 PM

God has a plan to prosper us all

My Mood/Status:
triedntrue has posted more than 25 good deals
It can be done...I had to go to my actual printer settings...not the printer settings through the computer (aka the devices and printer option) I have a Cannon printer and was able to get coupons.com to print b&w by clicking on the My Printer icon and changing the printer settings option there. Maybe other printers have a similar option??
The Following User Says Thank You to triedntrue For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 01:55 PM

aqlavender has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by klc92201
I can not get coupons.com to only print my coupons in black and white. I know it can be done as the other coupons are printing in black and white but not coupons.com. I'm using explorer.
I have two printers one is a Canon and the other is a HP. My Canon be changed to print in black and white by the settings, but my HP instructions said take out the color ink to print in black and white mode. HTH.
The Following User Says Thank You to aqlavender For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 02:14 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqlavender View Post
I have two printers one is a Canon and the other is a HP. My Canon be changed to print in black and white by the settings, but my HP instructions said take out the color ink to print in black and white mode. HTH.
Have you tried that with your HP? That trick usually doesn't work since 99.99% of the color printers on the market refuse to print unless there is a color cartridge in them.

As for changing the settings - that is a no go with HP's as coupons.com over rides the settings every time.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:40 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Have you tried going to Control panel and explore Printer? Once it opens, you can go to Printer preferences then press Advanced and you will find Printer Features with a drop down menu with 3 choices:
a. off
b. high quality grayscale
c. black ink only

The default is usually OFF so choose either b or c. if you have several computers tied up to a printer, make sure you go to Control Panel of each one to change setting.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2012, 03:49 PM

Ready for new beginnings!

My Mood/Status:
Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!Tessmom05 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I just printed some coupons from coupons.com today and they printed in black and white. I have had my printer set to print in black and white for several months and it has never been overrode. I am printing on an HP printer also. That is so weird, I have never had that problem before.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come check out the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-11-2012, 05:15 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
Have you tried going to Control panel and explore Printer? Once it opens, you can go to Printer preferences then press Advanced and you will find Printer Features with a drop down menu with 3 choices:
a. off
b. high quality grayscale
c. black ink only

The default is usually OFF so choose either b or c. if you have several computers tied up to a printer, make sure you go to Control Panel of each one to change setting.
I have tried that numerous times and coupons.com always overrides the settings. Thankfully it is on my laser so doesn't really matter since I don't use color that often (and they look really pretty).
The Following User Says Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2012, 06:03 AM

2014 YTD Savings: $25
My Mood/Status:
CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
See what the print options are in your browser.

(I use firefox)
1) open "file"
2) open "print"
3) open "properties"
is black & white enabled? if not, click to enable.
(Windows usually has several places to change settings for things.)

Sometimes it holds across sessions; sometimes it needs to be set each time the browser is opened. I used to be able to set this in "page set up" but the choices are gone now.

Hope this helps.

I found
at AFC

The Following User Says Thank You to CMmem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2012, 06:25 AM

My Mood/Status:
chickymomma86 has posted more than 200 great deals!chickymomma86 has posted more than 200 great deals!chickymomma86 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I have an HP Printer and I just went through the control panel to access my printer settings to get it to print only in Black and White. Could be my specific model, but it didn't seem to tricky.
and Mom to Emily (7)
David (5)
and Daniel (8 mo)
and married to my best friend Nick
The Following User Says Thank You to chickymomma86 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2012, 12:42 PM

sl5xm has posted more than 50 good deals
ugg, dont tell me its now this way. i just had my computer redone this past weekend and now i notice my coupons.com only printing in color. i use to be able to print in fast draft, black and white and preview my prints 1st. now i cant do any of that and it print color. i have done all the things the people b4 have suggested. urrgg!!!! someone please find a ay to print blak and white again...pretty please!!!
Old 03-21-2012, 01:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
meekadlite has posted more than 25 good deals
I will have to give these suggestions a try. I am having the same issue at home & ink cost way to much to print the coupons in color. Thanks ladies!