Coupon Binder Basics/How To

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2011, 12:40 PM

RE: Coupon Binder Basics/How to

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

KouponKoon has posted more than 1 good deal
Great suggestions. I'm going to keep these in mind as I get started.
The Following User Says Thank You to KouponKoon For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 12:34 PM

MaryKillion has posted more than 10 good deals
I live on Facebook and never knew anything about coupons either! I have to look for them......... I mostly use my Iphone, so maybe thats why I dont see them.
The Following User Says Thank You to MaryKillion For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 06:18 PM

the.buekers2 has posted more than 1 good deal
Thank you, I've been "part-time" couponing for a while and am going to give it a go to try to save much, much more. My tiny little organizer just isn't going to cut it anymore so I'm starting my binder tonight...with help from my husband
The Following User Says Thank You to the.buekers2 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2011, 01:23 AM

Re-newbie.

My Mood/Status:
Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I wrote up a guide with pros and cons to each system, and I added a link to your post. I hope thats ok!
http://www.afullcup.com/forums/coupo...on-method.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Kayhold For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2011, 02:15 AM

ajprez73 has posted more than 1 good deal
Wow! This is great. I am new to this and didn't even know where to start. Thanks for the guide.
The Following User Says Thank You to ajprez73 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 08:50 PM

Livin' the wild Life
Mother of 3

My Mood/Status:
Mynelja has posted more than 75 good deals!
I got a really cool binder from staples. It's 3" but one zipper side is 1 1/2" and the other zipper side is the same. So I put all my food items on one side and everything else goes on the other side. I got it in pink
The binder was $23 but I had a $10 gift card for buying ink the other month and then the recycle thing they do with ink cartridges gave me another $10 so I used both for the binder.
1 Tim 4:12
The Following User Says Thank You to Mynelja For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 09:14 PM

partsmel has posted more than 25 good deals
what do you mean cut the page?
The Following User Says Thank You to partsmel For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2011, 02:50 PM

peamac has posted more than 10 good deals
So- how do you keep your binder from slipping down in the child seat of the shopping cart?

I've tried to balance it (while open) on the top edges of the child seat/handle bar but in some store's shopping carts, it doesn't quite fit and I'm always trying to carefully balance and push the cart or pull coupons for those unexpected good deals.

Any ideas?
The Following User Says Thank You to peamac For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2011, 02:57 PM

lovin AFC
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peamac View Post
So- how do you keep your binder from slipping down in the child seat of the shopping cart?

I've tried to balance it (while open) on the top edges of the child seat/handle bar but in some store's shopping carts, it doesn't quite fit and I'm always trying to carefully balance and push the cart or pull coupons for those unexpected good deals.

Any ideas?

The trick I use most it to buckle the seat belt and use that to prop up the bottom. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But I generally just open my binder when I need something and don't leave it open all trip. I pull of the coupons I know I will use in advance so the binder is just for those extra little surprises in the store.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to nomadicpixie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2011, 03:31 PM

peamac has posted more than 10 good deals
Thanks- I'll have to try that next time. I do separate the coupons I plan to use before leaving home, but there were a lot of clearance items I came across while shopping, esp. makeup clearance at Wags.
The Following User Says Thank You to peamac For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2011, 03:49 PM

Livin' the wild Life
Mother of 3

My Mood/Status:
Mynelja has posted more than 75 good deals!
I keep out the ones I know I'm using first. I put my purse and/or a few boxed items in the seat under my binder to hold it up incase I see something I might have a coupon for. Works well. I also have my son hold it if he's in the seat. I tell him he is in charge of the coupons and he searches for the coupons for me.
1 Tim 4:12
The Following User Says Thank You to Mynelja For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2011, 07:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
Emtchick328 has posted more than 1 good deal
Hi Can't find baseball card holders.

I have been all over looking for baseball card holders. 2 of the stores said that they sell out so fast and they are unsure why.... Im guessing COUPON BINDERs... Hehehe... Im going out tomorrow to look again.
Thank you for all of your helpful information. Im looking forward to making my binder soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emtchick328 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2011, 08:44 PM

Raising ethically home grown meat.
Super Mommy

My Mood/Status:
motherofcoupons has posted more than 300 great deals!motherofcoupons has posted more than 300 great deals!motherofcoupons has posted more than 300 great deals!motherofcoupons has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emtchick328 View Post
I have been all over looking for baseball card holders. 2 of the stores said that they sell out so fast and they are unsure why.... Im guessing COUPON BINDERs... Hehehe... Im going out tomorrow to look again.
Thank you for all of your helpful information. Im looking forward to making my binder soon.
Try on Amazon.com too. A box of 100 is just $15-$16 on there.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:07 PM

lovin AFC
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nomadicpixie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
And ebay! Great place to get lots of different sizes and styles.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
PurdueSue has posted more than 5 good deals
I never thought of breaking the sections of the pages! Thanks for the tip!

I used to use an index card box for my coupons. I left it in a cart at the grocery store and it took about five days to realize where I had lost it. I was definitely in a panic! The store did keep it and I did get it back thank goodness! I am now writing my name on my binder thanks to that suggestion!
The Following User Says Thank You to PurdueSue For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 12:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
PurdueSue has posted more than 5 good deals
I had the same thing happen to me! I am about ready to break down my son's Pokemon binder to get more sleeves! I did find some in my house that were not being used to get started though, whew!
The Following User Says Thank You to PurdueSue For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 02:46 PM

Rite Aid is my new favorite store!

My Mood/Status:
Amccordford has posted more than 25 good deals
I just got mine started! I don't have a ton of Qs yet, so that made it easier. I did get baseball card holders for $6 for 36 (no sale, no Q ) but it's perfect for right now! I will feel so much better next time I go shopping and have to pull out an unplanned Q at the last moment and not have to make ppl wait.

AMcCordFord Mom of 4
The Following User Says Thank You to Amccordford For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 03:24 PM

Webstuff has posted more than 5 good deals
thanks very useful information
The Following User Says Thank You to Webstuff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 05:00 PM

Super Mommy

My Mood/Status:
motherofcoupons has posted more than 300 great deals!motherofcoupons has posted more than 300 great deals!motherofcoupons has posted more than 300 great deals!motherofcoupons has posted more than 300 great deals!
I had 2 1.5" binders, but am gathering so many q's, I need a bigger set of binders. I am buying a 4" binder and seeing how that does me. If I start to outgrow it, I will order a 2nd and split them into 2 binders again.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
bluegavinsmurf has posted more than 50 good deals
After going to several arts and crafts stores and a couple Walmarts, I have finally found baseball card holders!! I didn't think they would be this difficult to find. Now I'm going through the process of cutting all my coupons. I'm so excited.
The Following User Says Thank You to bluegavinsmurf For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2011, 08:41 PM

Super Mommy

My Mood/Status:
Congrats!
Old 06-19-2011, 01:00 PM

Re-newbie.

My Mood/Status:
Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
So, even though I'm trying out a box method for now and retiring the binder temporarily, THIS is how you can keep your binder from slipping down in the child seat.
http://www.boomspeed.com/mlbrbyerly/bindercartall.JPG

That's a dish drain from walmart. They shouldn't be more than a $1 or $2.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:54 PM

Super Mommy

My Mood/Status:
What's different about the box? I actually like being able to see the binder pages...but am open to learning anything .
Old 06-19-2011, 02:06 PM

Re-newbie.

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherofcoupons View Post
What's different about the box? I actually like being able to see the binder pages...but am open to learning anything .
I loved my binder - don't get me wrong. But it was the time involvement. Folding, trying to keep like coupons together, fighting to get some in and out of the pockets. Sometimes, for instance I would find crest on page one of my oral care section and find more crest on the 3rd page and it was just so time consuming AND I was about to bust out of 2 3-inch binders.
it was a hassle carrying a purse, 2 binders, and wrangling a 5 year old, as well.
I loved the organization, though. I will never stop singing the praises of a binder, but it wasn't working for me.

It will take me a little longer to get ready now because I have all of my coupons in a section - for instance all toothpaste is in one pile, but I staple them (I get 4 inserts a week) or paper clip them and pull them out and go through them. It does keep them fresh in my mind when I have to flip through them looking for something, and I think it will be a fair trade off for time involved. I will likely post pictures tonight so show how I worked it out.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:39 PM

Super Mommy

My Mood/Status:
I just bought my first 4inch binder, and will probably be buying another one next weekend. I have 2 small ones of my own, so I can understand the hesitance with carrying so much. I do my binder a little differently, by alphabet of manufacturer, so all of my colgate q's are within the same "small" section and incredibly easy to find.

Tags
binder, how to