Doubling Coupons, One Transaction Only, ????

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 11:45 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
lilmrsbloomcupcake_004 has posted more than 10 good deals
Question Doubling coupons, one transaction only, ????

here is my question, i will try to make it as simple as possible.

i see alot of coupons lately say "no doubleing" ok, so that means you cannot use that coupon twice correct? BUT if i have TWO or more of the same coupon is that ok?

Also i see latley on coupons it says "coupon for item good in one transaction" does that mean you can only use ONE coupon like that in your entire purchase? Or again, can i have TWO or more of that same coupon and it will be ok?
The Following User Says Thank You to lilmrsbloomcupcake_004 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 12:00 PM

RE: Doubling coupons, one transaction only, ????

Stamping the day away!
Changing this 'cause King made fun of me!

My Mood/Status:
rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!rhondag508 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
No doubling just means that stores that double up to $1 or something will NOT double that coupon. (My store doubles ONE coupon up to $1 per person per day.)

I haven't seen that on coupons lately myself, but I have seen the Proctor and Gamble limit of 4 coupons per transaction ones. Good in one transaction usually refers to buying more than one of something to get the deal. In which case you aren't going to get a Catalina or Register Reward (Walgreen's) unless you buy the items in one transaction. Sorry I don't understand that verbiage you mentioned.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:36 AM

Happy Day

My Mood/Status:
CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
wording:

one per purchase = one of this coupon per item(s) (containers) in the quantities stated on coupon

one per transaction = one of this coupon per total order

A transaction (or total order) consists of many product purchases in the quantities stated on coupon.

Rhonda is correct on doubling. Doubling refers to the dollar amount of the coupon; not how many coupons one uses. Doubling is very store specific; read each stores coupon policy to know if they will double, and to what maximum dollar amounts and how many. Not all do and some are very restrictive.

When you read the policies on doubling, there are words to watch for.
face value = the dollar amount of the coupon

Policy for xstore (some store):
"xstore doubles valid manufacturers' coupons that have a face a value up to 99. Coupons with a face value over 99 are redeemed at face value only."

You will get the following coupon discount at xstore:
$.25 coupon = $.50 off (.25Q + .25dbl)
$.75 coupon = $1.50 off (.75Q + .75dbl)
$1.00 coupon = $1.00 off ($1.00Q + no dbl) (over 99 cent face)

Policy for ystore (some store):
"ystore doubles valid manufacturers' coupons up to a maximum discount of 99 cents."

You will get the following coupon discount at ystore:
$.25 coupon = $.50 off (.25Q + .25dbl)
$.75 coupon = $.99 off (.75Q + .24dbl) (maximum discount of 99 cents)
$1.00 coupon = $1.00 off ($1.00Q + no dbl)

Many stores have a new policy limiting "like" coupons. This is a coupon for the same face amount for the same product. You may use additional coupons for different products, or maybe a coupon for the same product with a different face amount.

edited to modify my definiton of a "purchase"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I found
at AFC

Last edited by CMmem; 12-02-2011 at 05:48 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMmem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2011, 06:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
thank you! def. starting to understand better so basically i could have used both my yoplait coupons? i bought some yoplait yogurt on sale, orginally .70cents a piece, they were on sale for 10 for $6 and i used a 1.00 off coupon. so i also could have used my other yoplait coupon were it was .40 cents off 6 a purchase of 6 yoplaits. correct? (these were both in the sunday paper)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilmrsbloomcupcake_004 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2011, 10:44 PM

ElementalUnity has posted more than 150 good deals!ElementalUnity has posted more than 150 good deals!
it all depends on the amount of yogurt you bought. I am not sure how many the $1 off coupon were for. But if you bought that number it has specified and the 6 from the second coupon then yes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElementalUnity For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 05:43 AM

Happy Day

My Mood/Status:
CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CMmem has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmrsbloomcupcake_004 View Post
thank you! def. starting to understand better so basically i could have used both my yoplait coupons? i bought some yoplait yogurt on sale, orginally .70cents a piece, they were on sale for 10 for $6 and i used a 1.00 off coupon. so i also could have used my other yoplait coupon were it was .40 cents off 6 a purchase of 6 yoplaits. correct? (these were both in the sunday paper)
I'm not clear on what your coupons are. I'm sorry, I misworded when I said a purchase is an item. A purchase is the item is the quantity stated.

Did you buy 6 or did you buy 10?
BTW, you usually don't have to buy 10 when it is 10 for $$. The store will do the math if you buy less (unless they clearly state must buy 10; or if it is a BOGO type sale).

Here are some scenarios and what you must buy to use both Q's.

a) .40/6 manu Q & 1.00/1 manu Q
buy 7 yogurts = save $1.80 (1.00 + .40 + .40 if dbl)
[if a quantity is stated it is considered as the purchase]

b) .40/6 manu Q & 1.00/6 manu Q
buy 12 yogurts = save $1.80 (1.00 + .40 + .40 if dbl)

c) .40/6 manu Q & 1.00/6 store Q
buy 6 yogurst = save 1.80 (1.00 + .40 + .40 if dbl)

d) .40/6 store Q & 1.00/1 manu Q
buy 6 yogurts - save 1.40 (few stores dbl store Q's)
in this scenario, you could use 6 of the 1.00 for 1

I found
at AFC

The Following User Says Thank You to CMmem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-02-2011, 11:02 AM

My Mood/Status:
ahhh! ok, thank you! the scenario really helped explain. ill admit im not the brightest crayon in the box on some things . Thank you very much for your time and explaining
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilmrsbloomcupcake_004 For This Useful Post:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: