Manufacturer Coupon "Redeem At [Store Name]"

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011, 08:59 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Manufacturer Coupon "Redeem At [Store Name]"

I'm under the impression that these coupons can be used anywhere that accepts MQs. Everything I've read suggests so too.

But... when I went to use a MQ that said "Redeem at Publix" at Walmart last week, they refused to accept it. The cashier told me they couldn't accept it because there isn't a Publix within 50 miles. The CSM told me they wouldn't be reimbursed as it's only for Publix. I pointed out it was a MQ but she didn't care. The salaried manager agreed with the CSM.

The coupon in question is a coupon from the Cooking With Kraft site. They have all the information needed in accordance with Walmart's coupon policy.

Am I right? Can I use these anywhere?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-29-2011, 09:12 PM

RE: Manufacturer Coupon "Redeem At [Store Name]"

GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
If the q stated "redeemable at Publix" then or would have merely been a suggestion for you to use it at Publix and you could have used it anywhere else. Since yours said "redeem at Publix" then they were to be used at Publix unless your store allowed otherwise. It's a small distinction between the wording and it's always up to store management to accept or refuse q's.

Good question!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(7), DS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2011, 10:43 PM

Bubby's Mum

Bubbysmum has posted more than 5 good deals
I recently did the same thing at target and walmart and it was alsso a public advertised mq. They hesitates but it scanned and used it just fine. Walmart has a new policy where they will accept competition q's (I think). Redeemable is for solicitation of that store (not required). I don't have a public near me in fact, I've never seen one.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:46 PM

My Mood/Status:
scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!scottd09 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbysmum View Post
I recently did the same thing at target and walmart and it was alsso a public advertised mq. They hesitates but it scanned and used it just fine. Walmart has a new policy where they will accept competition q's (I think). Redeemable is for solicitation of that store (not required). I don't have a public near me in fact, I've never seen one.
They wouldn't even try to scan it. I've used them there before too without issue. I sent a letter to the store management requesting they actually research it before saying no.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:00 PM

kid8heart has posted more than 25 good deals
What about the coupons that say "available at..." is this just a suggestion?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kid8heart For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2011, 07:29 AM

GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yes - "available at" is just a suggestion.

As for q's scanning ok at the register... A lot of q's will scan at the register but it doesn't make using them ok.

Also, Walmart (and a few other various stores) sometimes will accept competitors q's. It is up to the store management to do so and you should ask before you start which stores they would consider competitors. A lot of times it has to do with how close to the Walmart the other stores are located.
(7), DS
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!
The Following User Says Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: