Newbie Needs A Mentor...:-)

Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 08:08 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Michele

My Mood/Status:
sportsmom3562 has posted more than 5 good deals
Help Sign Newbie needs a mentor...:-)

Ok...I have been doing a lot of reading here and am learning (I think)! But would love to have an experienced couponer help me out for a few weeks or so...purty please Since I have just started the only inserts I have are 11/13 RP and SS, and 11/20 SS. The stores that I have available to shop at are Market Basket, Shaws, Walmart, Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS and Price Chopper. I really want to get the hang of this but I think I am getting overwhelmed. Hubby says to go for it so I am. My printer has been working feverishly printing off coupons that I think I will need at some point. My eyes hurt from reading and I am drinking way too much coffee reading the posts here....LOL
So...if anyone can take me under their wing and guide me along I would be soooo appreciative!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2011, 10:53 AM

RE: Newbie needs a mentor...:-)

My Mood/Status:
vaughanville has posted more than 200 great deals!vaughanville has posted more than 200 great deals!vaughanville has posted more than 200 great deals!
I've not been doing this long enough to mentor, but I'll invite you over to my favorite forum, CVS. Loads of helpful folks and clear, precise scenarios that are better than training wheels. There's even a multi-transaction scenario that one ever-helpful AFCer put up that is like CVS Couponing for Dummies. Follow it and come away with little out of pocket and $ to spend on your next visit.

Don't quit. You'll get the hang of it.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:00 AM

Michele

My Mood/Status:
sportsmom3562 has posted more than 5 good deals
Talking

Thanks so much for the reply...Can't wait to get the hang of it because it's kind of like a challenge and I love challenges!
Old 11-20-2011, 11:21 AM

My Mood/Status:
liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!liibyz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I recommend starting with one store, getting to know it's do's & don'ts and then moving on to another store. When I started in May of this year, I tried to learn CVS, Wags, & Kroger all at the same time. I ended up mixing the policies around and got so confused. . Take your time & it will start to pay off.

loving mom to Snickerdoodle (11 yrs)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& Sadie Belle (3 yrs)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Minnie (12 weeks)

p.s. if you are looking for coke codes, pm me.
The Following User Says Thank You to liibyz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2011, 04:11 PM

GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsmom3562 View Post
Ok...I have been doing a lot of reading here and am learning (I think)! But would love to have an experienced couponer help me out for a few weeks or so...purty please Since I have just started the only inserts I have are 11/13 RP and SS, and 11/20 SS. The stores that I have available to shop at are Market Basket, Shaws, Walmart, Rite Aid, Walgreens, CVS and Price Chopper. I really want to get the hang of this but I think I am getting overwhelmed. Hubby says to go for it so I am. My printer has been working feverishly printing off coupons that I think I will need at some point. My eyes hurt from reading and I am drinking way too much coffee reading the posts here....LOL
So...if anyone can take me under their wing and guide me along I would be soooo appreciative!
My best advice is to read, read, read, read, read. And ask a lot of questions. We are all here to help you as much as possible. Couponing is not something you learn overnight! We were all confused when we first began too. Take it slowly and as a PP posted, learn one store at a time until you are comfortable with it's policies and then move on to another store.
(7), DS
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!
The Following User Says Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 11-26-2011, 06:47 PM

listening to the music of the spheres
Buddhist Bon Vivant Pataphysicist!

My Mood/Status:
siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yes, you can find great deals on EVERYTHING here!

Want to save money at your grocery store? Just click here and find its name in this list Grocery Stores - Grocery Coupons & Deal Forums - A Full Cup
Want to save at a drugstore nearby? Drug Stores - Grocery Coupons & Deal Forums - A Full Cup
How about at a super center? Supercenters - Grocery Coupons & Deal Forums - A Full Cup
We're all here to share what we know and get the most for our money!

Welcome to AFC, the best couponing site on the internet! Happy Couponing!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:22 PM

Coupon Goldie

My Mood/Status:
busysoaplady has posted more than 10 good deals
I read alot as well. I also went the the library and checked out a few couponing books (yes they have those) I am a visual person so Youtube can help you as well. Hang in there you will get it!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to busysoaplady For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2011, 06:46 AM

Striving to save more than last year!
Famous AFC-ER

My Mood/Status:
z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!z24racerchic has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
reading different blogs, here on a full cup, couponmom.com, facebook posts from bloggers, etc is very helpful. I have been couponing since living on my own 10 years ago. I do not have any of the stores you mentioned except Wal-Mart. I can't get into the CVS and Walgreen's things because the rewards dont last long and I try to only go shopping every two weeks with gas the way it is and funds. ANy questions feel free to ask.
and Raymond Reddington

They say nothing in life is free....but it can be with a good coupon!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:54 AM

"Believe the Impossible"

My Mood/Status:
mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mkrmylove has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsmom3562 View Post

Just checking in to see how things are going for you. Have you had the opportunity to review the forum and its many threads.

If you are still in need of assistance, support and or encourgement please let me know I have no problem at all helping you out.

Good Luck!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: