Anyone Ever Had A MQ Be Defective??

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2011, 07:04 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
georgiabelle94 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!georgiabelle94 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!georgiabelle94 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!georgiabelle94 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!georgiabelle94 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!georgiabelle94 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Question Anyone ever had a MQ be defective??

I was at Walmart today & I had purchased 39 products & had 31 q's. For some reason the register kept saying that there was a q being used & item was not purchased. We void the whole order 4 times & a CSM was there helping & we could not figure out what was wrong b/c we checked each time the q's matched what I was buying. We even scanned one item w/ one q @ a time & finally found that one of the Aussie q $1/1 was not working. So, we rang up 38 items & 30q's & it went thru fine!! Then we went back & rang up that one Aussie shampoo & the $1/1 q & it said it didn't match item bought! And the pic of the item was even on the q! I had 4 total of this q & the other 3 worked. It drove the CSM so crazy that she went to 3 different registers to make sure it wasn't a problem w/ their registers but, it continued to give same error. We were all laughing about it but my question is...Has there ever been an instance like this & it turn out to be just a 'defective' q?? Has anyone ever had this happen or heard/seen it happen before? (Oh, all 31 of these were all MQ's from sunday inserts) Any advice is great appreciated!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:16 PM

RE: Anyone ever had a MQ be defective??

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
tryintosave1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tryintosave1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tryintosave1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tryintosave1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tryintosave1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!tryintosave1 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I've had it happen once for a Vicks vaporpad. I had bought the machine and bought extra pads when my boyfriend was really sick. The manager got called and looked it over and was scratching his head as to why it wouldn't go through or matching up with the product. He ended up pushing it through and printed an extra copy of my receipt to have as a back up to it.

I still don't know why it didn't "find the product" but it just maybe a store or register code issue in their system? Not sure but that's just a guess!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Was one product older than the other three? Sometimes barcodes change when newer versions of things come out. I have had this same thing happen to me before because of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to CasieMcCann For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2011, 05:17 AM

My Mood/Status:
georgiabelle94 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!georgiabelle94 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!georgiabelle94 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!georgiabelle94 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!georgiabelle94 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!georgiabelle94 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasieMcCann View Post
Was one product older than the other three? Sometimes barcodes change when newer versions of things come out. I have had this same thing happen to me before because of it.
Honetstly, I don't know if the product was older or not. It was 2 bottles of Aussie Shampoo & 2 bottles of Aussie Cond. The bottles were all identical too. I ended up not getting one of the cond bottles b/c of it. I hv another q here at home & will be back at Walmart later next week to get me bottle. The manager said she couldn't push it through b/c of Walmarts policy that if it doesn't scan they cant use it. I didn't make a stink about it b/c I knew I had another q at home. It was just a really embarrassing & funny situation at same time! I am going to let the CSM there know & the cashier that this has happened to other people & there are sometimes bad q's. But, I will check barcodes in future in case this ever happens again. That does make perfect sense! Thanks!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:20 AM

My Mood/Status:
celloraisen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!celloraisen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!celloraisen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!celloraisen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!celloraisen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!celloraisen has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I've had this happen at Walmart too - I think it was baby formula and the machine said that the coupon was expired and it clearly was not. This was a Sunday insert coupon as well. I've never had this happen at Kroger or Publix where I do most of my shopping. I only buy formula and diapers at Walmart since they are the cheapest there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: