Whats The Best Way To Get Multiple Coupons?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 04:42 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Staylor05 has posted more than 50 good deals
Help Sign Whats the best way to get multiple coupons?

MY friend and I have been trying to figure this out. What really is the best and most effective way to receive multiple coupon inserts? Should I just be buying multiples of the same newspaper? Does anyone find that stores will let you take the inserts out before they get rid of the newspapers for the day? I would love to know your input. Thanks!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Staylor05 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-08-2011, 04:59 PM

RE: Whats the best way to get multiple coupons?

My Mood/Status:
CouponingGrandma has posted more than 300 great deals!CouponingGrandma has posted more than 300 great deals!CouponingGrandma has posted more than 300 great deals!CouponingGrandma has posted more than 300 great deals!
I usually buy mine with ups or ecb's. Tonught i stopped and bout 4 papers, used a $5 ecb. the receipt printed me a $5 off $15 purchase, so I went to the car and got my physican's formula $5 off coupon, I had gotten a $3 off $10 cosmetic purchase crt when i entered the store, so I went and got me a physican's formula eyeliner mascara combo,something that is supposed to make my lash get fuller with in 30 days for $10.79, got 3 more papers, $1.50 each, used the $5 off $15, the $3 off cosmetic and the $5 off physican formula mq and paid 92 cents for the eye liner and the papers. Sometimes i will get them at riteaid and use the survey coupons in with whatever i am buying. I really lucked out today, because in the 2nd batch of papers i bought, one had 6 inserts in it, so i have 13 inserts this week with very little out of pocket.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CouponingGrandma For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 05:05 PM

Is couponing for my family...not TV ratings

My Mood/Status:
Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Ms Coo P'on has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I try to buy them with my RR like mentioned above. Most stores sell the Sunday paper all week long and fown upon taking the inserts out. I also buy off eBay when I need to stock up on an item.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:06 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
If you're not proud and want to get in on getting multiple q's (as an example the nivea body wash q's or the clean and clear bodywash) you can trade with folks here on AFC. I have a great trader that all we spend on multiple q's from one another is stamps. I spend anywhere from $1 to $2 a month with her and I trading q's.

Another idea is that you can go to a local recycling center and dig through the newspaper bins. We have a GREAT facility here in Kansas City, MO. The bins are HUGE and quite clean (you could always invest in a pair of rubber gloves and a mask if you wanted though). I got over 100 inserts one saturday when I went. Another time, only 50. BUT, I was able to snag 10 more q's for the nivea bodywash.

You're welcome to PM me if you want more info. I do trade (no cash involved other than stamps) as I'm sure there are many on here that do. Just check out the site or put out an ISO
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Fubu
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Stealth
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babymk For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 05:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!keeperpoo has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I dumpster dive too. The big recycling place is about 1 1/2 miles from my house. The dumpsters are low enough for you to just reach in and pull out what you want, without having to actually climb inside. I gets lots and lots of Qs that way. But, if your area didn't get a regional coupon, trading or buying on ebay or clipper sights will work.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to keeperpoo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 05:13 PM

GOONIES!
When it rains, it pours...

My Mood/Status:
Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Z and G's Mom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I love dumpster diving!!!! I don't get in either but I take my step ladder and lean in!
(7), DS
(4), an 11yo
and a 6yo

Totally OCD. Luckily my DH is building me new stockpile shelves so I can more easily rearrange and reorganize my goodies!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Z and G's Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 06:05 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!babymk has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I just started diving because we don't have the cash to buy bunches and bunches of papers. It's amazing how many people tossed out that 4/17? redplum that had the free nivea in it. But, I guess if you don't coupon...

The recycling center has been a blessing!
Fubu
and Stealth
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to babymk For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 07:34 PM

steph05 has posted more than 25 good deals
We have a paper recycle place 2 minutes down the road from us. Is it legal to go and pick through it? I thought of it but I'm to scarred LOL..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steph05 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 08:06 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
@steph05. check to see if dumpster diving is illegal in your state. if not, then dive right in! a recycling center is public property because you pay taxes in that state/city! it's not trespassing because of that. you should be fine. if there are any workers there and they ask, say hey, trying to make some extra money by getting coupons. you can then educate them! i have. it was great!
Fubu
and Stealth
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babymk For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 08:25 PM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Here is a good, reliable person to order from.
http://www.afullcup.com/forums/compl...s-must-go.html

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Weatie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 01:32 PM

terabanks has posted more than 1 good deal
im going to try the recycling centers and dumpster diving, when is the best day to go?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to terabanks For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 02:41 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!funnygirl1002 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
OMG!! I dumpster dive to!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to funnygirl1002 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 02:57 PM

ok what days do u have the most luck?
The Following User Says Thank You to terabanks For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 02:20 PM

My Mood/Status:
What does "ecb" stand for?

"Make all you can, save all you can, give all you can." --John Wesley
The Following User Says Thank You to Staylor05 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 02:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
My particular town does not make you recycle so Im not sure how successful I would be. But maybe I should try another town. Where can I locate recycling centers?

"Make all you can, save all you can, give all you can." --John Wesley
Old 05-14-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staylor05 View Post
What does "ecb" stand for?
"ecb" is an extra care buck. It's cvs money.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:12 PM

My Mood/Status:
cakes2011 has posted more than 25 good deals
Hi. I'm sort of a new couponer but I would love to share this with you. I go dumster diving at my grocery store! My local Bi-Lo is just a few miles away from my house, so I just randomly stop by at any time. Go to the cashier that stands at the "Self Checkout" registers. If you look in the trash can right beside her you will se a ton of Catalina coupons. Just today, I stopped by and I literally picked up $30 worth of coupons in a matter of seconds. And these Catalina coupons are not like 25cents or 30cents, these are the $2.00 and $3.00 coupons!!! Like I said I'm just a newbie at this, but I have found that if you go dumster diving inside the grocery store, it can be successful. The cashier told me that they have to clear off those Catalina coupon thingies every so often and 99% of the people that go through the Self Checkout do not take their Catalinas. And they are required to clear off the machine and throw them in the trash. You will not believe how much you can get.

Hhhhhmmmmm.....I'm thinking that's going to be my new part time job - just standing by the Self Checkout Cashier at bi-lo and reaching down in her trash can every so often. HAHAHAHAHAAHHAAH Happy Couponing!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cakes2011 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 03:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
sparklylikeaholiday has posted more than 300 great deals!sparklylikeaholiday has posted more than 300 great deals!sparklylikeaholiday has posted more than 300 great deals!sparklylikeaholiday has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponingGrandma View Post
I usually buy mine with ups or ecb's. Tonught i stopped and bout 4 papers, used a $5 ecb. the receipt printed me a $5 off $15 purchase, so I went to the car and got my physican's formula $5 off coupon, I had gotten a $3 off $10 cosmetic purchase crt when i entered the store, so I went and got me a physican's formula eyeliner mascara combo,something that is supposed to make my lash get fuller with in 30 days for $10.79, got 3 more papers, $1.50 each, used the $5 off $15, the $3 off cosmetic and the $5 off physican formula mq and paid 92 cents for the eye liner and the papers. Sometimes i will get them at riteaid and use the survey coupons in with whatever i am buying. I really lucked out today, because in the 2nd batch of papers i bought, one had 6 inserts in it, so i have 13 inserts this week with very little out of pocket.
I'm such a dork! I never thought to buy extras with ecb's.... I'm gonna do that from now on! Thanks!
and a crazy black kitty
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sparklylikeaholiday For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 08:04 AM

Happy Girl! :)

My Mood/Status:
angmbell has posted more than 75 good deals!
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes2011 View Post
Hi. I'm sort of a new couponer but I would love to share this with you. I go dumster diving at my grocery store! My local Bi-Lo is just a few miles away from my house, so I just randomly stop by at any time. Go to the cashier that stands at the "Self Checkout" registers. If you look in the trash can right beside her you will se a ton of Catalina coupons. Just today, I stopped by and I literally picked up $30 worth of coupons in a matter of seconds. And these Catalina coupons are not like 25cents or 30cents, these are the $2.00 and $3.00 coupons!!! Like I said I'm just a newbie at this, but I have found that if you go dumster diving inside the grocery store, it can be successful. The cashier told me that they have to clear off those Catalina coupon thingies every so often and 99% of the people that go through the Self Checkout do not take their Catalinas. And they are required to clear off the machine and throw them in the trash. You will not believe how much you can get.

Hhhhhmmmmm.....I'm thinking that's going to be my new part time job - just standing by the Self Checkout Cashier at bi-lo and reaching down in her trash can every so often. HAHAHAHAHAAHHAAH Happy Couponing!
This is CRAZY!!! But I never even knew what they were 6 months ago so I probably threw them away too!! WOW... great post! thanks!!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:20 AM

excited

Location: Hot Springs,South Dakota in the beautiful black hills
My Mood/Status:
mamacheryl has posted more than 300 great deals!mamacheryl has posted more than 300 great deals!mamacheryl has posted more than 300 great deals!mamacheryl has posted more than 300 great deals!
I am lucky and the Manager (my neighbor) of the local C store saves me the unsold Sunday papers. But I have also went dumpster diving if its something great in the inserts that I need or want...Happy Clipping Everyone
Old 05-19-2011, 08:23 AM

kkdevereaux has posted more than 1 good deal
I read somewhere that people go to McDonalds around noon on Sunday to get their coupons. The papers are usually just sitting on the shelf there
Old 05-19-2011, 08:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
vicki kirk has posted more than 10 good deals
HEY I'm interested in trading coupons.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:06 AM

My Mood/Status:
cakes2011 has posted more than 25 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdevereaux View Post
I read somewhere that people go to McDonalds around noon on Sunday to get their coupons. The papers are usually just sitting on the shelf there
HHHMMMMM.......good tip. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to cakes2011 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2011, 05:30 PM

ProfessionalAunt has posted more than 1 good deal
Wow! A lot of great ideas from everyone!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:02 PM

qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!qrazy has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Go out early in the morning on Sun. and look up and down your street to see who gets the paper. Then, tell them you have started couponing and can you have their extra coupons? Also, ask family members, friends, coworkers, etc.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: