How To Do A Spreadsheet Of Stores/coupons

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2011, 09:54 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Mimimac3 has posted more than 1 good deal
Help Sign how to do a spreadsheet of stores/coupons

can anyone help? I am trying to figure out how to do a spreadsheet of store/coupons..sort of what they do on the Extreme Coupon show.

I am very new at this, but loving every second!

Thanks in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to Mimimac3 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-29-2011, 07:44 PM

RE: how to do a spreadsheet of stores/coupons

texasdaisey has posted more than 1 good deal
Target Pricebooks

just do a search for price books you will find lots of blogs that teach you how to do them and even offer free templates to download and print.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to texasdaisey For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 07:58 AM

dreame33303 has posted more than 25 good deals
Those of you who have Binders can carry your coupons with you and if you see something on clearance then you flip through the pages and viola.. there you go. I buy 2 papers for every family member in my house. that is at least 26 papers every week.. yes.. a family of 13. Binders do NOT work for me. I file my inserts by date. If I am in a store and I have a list of every single couopn that I have with me (since I can't carry my coupons with me) then when i see something on clearance, then I can look at my alphabetical list and see exactly which coupons I have for that product and see if I can make a deal good enough to run home and get the coupons. (PS.. I live less than 3 minutes (if not closer) from walmart, target and publix AND walgreens, so yes it is reasonable for me to go home and get them.
my spreadsheet has.. amount, # required to purchase, product, and expiration, and date and type of circular. It's a great process for me. I spent WAYYYYY more time clipping every single coupon out every week when I had a binder than I do typing then into a spreadsheet once. As for my actual shopping list.. I find it easier for me to use a notepad and just hand write it. as I write down whatever item i am buying i look it up on my master coupon list and find which file it is in and pull it and cut that coupon, then if I use them all I take that one off the list. Make sense?
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dreame33303 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 10:51 AM

My Mood/Status:
odie3129 has posted more than 100 good deals!odie3129 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyScott View Post
I'm trying to figure out why one would want to do a spreadsheet.

Just honestly asking, and nothing to do with decoding or anything. It just seems one more step, and one more thing to take up time. Maybe I'm missing the point. Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm missing the point, LOL, because people do them so it must be useful.
I am very OCD about organization. When I started couponing a couple of weeks ago I was going crazy trying to keep track of all the different sales and prices. I use a spreadsheet for my shopping list. It helps me keep the final costs and where I need to shop in line and organized. I have different sections that are the same as the sections in my binder.
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2011, 12:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
Mimimac3 has posted more than 1 good deal
thanks Becky, that is just what I was looking for!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:23 AM

New4Couponing
Quote:
Originally Posted by odie3129 View Post
I am very OCD about organization. When I started couponing a couple of weeks ago I was going crazy trying to keep track of all the different sales and prices. I use a spreadsheet for my shopping list. It helps me keep the final costs and where I need to shop in line and organized. I have different sections that are the same as the sections in my binder.
Odie3129,

Your spreadsheet is exactly what I've been looking for - any way I can get a share of your template with the categories? I'm all new to couponing and I've been working on an excel sheet, but I've been missing some nuances of it. What you've made is EXACTLY what i've been tryign to create!!!! Any help? Thanks!
Old 05-04-2011, 05:48 PM

ComfertablyNumb has posted more than 5 good deals
Quote:
that is a very nice spread sheet im also new and learning this site is great yall are very helpful
The Following User Says Thank You to ComfertablyNumb For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2011, 01:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
mommacat58 has posted more than 100 good deals!mommacat58 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
I love the spreadsheet...did you create it? If so, are you willing to fileshare it? (I have Windows 7 MS Office 7)
Old 05-05-2011, 05:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
odie3129 has posted more than 100 good deals!odie3129 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommacat58 View Post
I love the spreadsheet...did you create it? If so, are you willing to fileshare it? (I have Windows 7 MS Office 7)
I don't know how to fileshare it, but I can email it to you if you PM me your email address.

Edit: the link to the file is in post #32.

Last edited by odie3129; 05-09-2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Link
The Following User Says Thank You to odie3129 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2011, 11:33 PM

dwhit316
I would like a copy of your spreadsheet as well because I am new to couponing
Old 05-06-2011, 07:31 AM

C200
hi i just started saving and couponing hoping to soon become a coupon master this sounds like a wonderful idea thank you!! I to would love to see your spreadsheet do you have any other wonderful suggestion, good systems or ideas??
Old 05-06-2011, 07:35 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
For anyone that would like a copy of this spreadsheet, see post #32. I posted a link.

Last edited by odie3129; 05-09-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Posted link.
The Following User Says Thank You to odie3129 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2011, 10:22 AM

couponcutiep has posted more than 1 good deal
Oh wow, Odie, that's an awesome spreadsheet! I'd love a copy, too. I need to up my post count before I can send a pm though - I tend to just lurk and reading and learning.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:47 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponcutiep View Post
Oh wow, Odie, that's an awesome spreadsheet! I'd love a copy, too. I need to up my post count before I can send a pm though - I tend to just lurk and reading and learning.
See the link below in post #32.

Last edited by odie3129; 05-09-2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Posted link.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:03 PM

Re-newbie.

My Mood/Status:
Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
If you're looking to share it openly, you can upload it on mediafire, and no need to sign up. Just upload, and when it's done click the copy link button and paste the link here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kayhold For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 05:33 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayhold View Post
If you're looking to share it openly, you can upload it on mediafire, and no need to sign up. Just upload, and when it's done click the copy link button and paste the link here.
Thank you Kayhold. I didn't know how to do it. Here is the link: Coupon Cutting Savings - Template.xlsx
Old 05-09-2011, 05:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
Suen2828 has posted more than 200 great deals!Suen2828 has posted more than 200 great deals!Suen2828 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Thank you for the spreadsheet, it is very helpful.
Old 05-11-2011, 08:34 AM

luveafireman has posted more than 1 good deal
i to am new to the coupon thing and would a copy of your spreadshett... I find myself going to the store with a special needs child with my coupons in tow sometimes frustrating because i drop coupons or i thought i had one but then i find out its expired or im at the wrong store this would so help. THank you
Old 05-12-2011, 12:12 AM

Moe2001
All I did was buy a binder (actually day runner half off) BUT has lots of holes... I then bought baseball card holders and then separated them by isles by using tabs. I only go shopping at the Commissary since I am overseas. I am new at this too and as long as I save $10 a week I am happy. I am hoping to save more but for now, I am happy. Youtube is a good place to learn all that kind of stuff. Have fun!
Old 05-12-2011, 10:18 AM

bradleyfamily has posted more than 1 good deal
Dream 3303, thanks for your info! I am somewhat new to couponing, about a year.I guess thats new compared to people that have been doing it for years. I like your idea and i do pretty much the same but i dont have a list of all the coupons that i have, wich i will now do because it makes sense! Do you look at the ads and then find the coupons for whats on sale? or do you look at the list on this website? I try to be oraganized and work smarter not harder:O) i have 3 kids and am always running around. Thanks again for your ideas!

Last edited by bradleyfamily; 05-12-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:21 PM

Couponer in Training!

withoutwax has posted more than 25 good deals
Great Idea! Thank you for sharing
Old 05-12-2011, 07:46 PM

Mom2TwoMK has posted more than 10 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreame33303
Those of you who have Binders can carry your coupons with you and if you see something on clearance then you flip through the pages and viola.. there you go. I buy 2 papers for every family member in my house. that is at least 26 papers every week.. yes.. a family of 13. Binders do NOT work for me. I file my inserts by date. If I am in a store and I have a list of every single couopn that I have with me (since I can't carry my coupons with me) then when i see something on clearance, then I can look at my alphabetical list and see exactly which coupons I have for that product and see if I can make a deal good enough to run home and get the coupons. (PS.. I live less than 3 minutes (if not closer) from walmart, target and publix AND walgreens, so yes it is reasonable for me to go home and get them.
my spreadsheet has.. amount, # required to purchase, product, and expiration, and date and type of circular. It's a great process for me. I spent WAYYYYY more time clipping every single coupon out every week when I had a binder than I do typing then into a spreadsheet once. As for my actual shopping list.. I find it easier for me to use a notepad and just hand write it. as I write down whatever item i am buying i look it up on my master coupon list and find which file it is in and pull it and cut that coupon, then if I use them all I take that one off the list. Make sense?
Thanks so much for sharing this! I thought I was the only one that didn't like using a binder. I will have to make a spreadsheet like you mentioned!!
Old 05-14-2011, 08:39 PM

My Mood/Status:
MRomanow has posted more than 10 good deals
I love this post. Any chance you would be willing to share your spreadsheet? I too am using a file instead of a binder and since I have an extensive background with Excel I keep going back to it wanting to use it for couponing.

How long does it take for you to enter in 1 insert with say 15 pages of 3-4 coupons each?
Old 05-15-2011, 06:12 PM

craftygirl08 has posted more than 1 good deal
Wow this is interesting. I'm thinking of makig a spreadsheet myself just to keep track of what coupons I have.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:22 PM

nsmelton
Thanks so much! What a wonderful job you did! I'm new to couponing and have been trying to figure out how to get organized.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: