How Many Inserts Do You Get Weekly?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008, 02:02 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
How Many Inserts Do You Get Weekly?

I am interested because I feel like I have not been stockpiling food very well. My local paper doesn't have good coupons. So I buy 4 of the largest papers in the region for the qs. This costs me $6 a week.

Are you stocking up on qs from the clipping service for things you know you're going to want? Are you buying extra papers? If so, how many? Are you dumpster diving for them? How are you rockstars doing it???

Any other food stockpiling tips you want to offer up?

Thanks!
Linz
The Following User Says Thank You to Linz For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-16-2008, 02:29 PM

RE: How Many Inserts Do You Get Weekly?

My Mood/Status:
BeckyKay76 has posted more than 50 good deals
Good questions, Linz! I'd love to know, too, as I'm just getting started with couponing. I, personally, scavenge the coupons from my parents' paper, buy a Sunday paper and our local paper comes out with q's on Tuesday. Sometimes, the girls at work bring me their extras, too. I've been doing a bit of trading on here, too.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:49 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
OliviasMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!OliviasMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!OliviasMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!OliviasMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!OliviasMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!OliviasMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!OliviasMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!OliviasMom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I get one for each member in my house, so three. And then my Mom or Sister will give me what they don't use of theirs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Wife, college student
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Mommy to a 2 yr old little boy
and a 3 yr old little girl.
The Following User Says Thank You to OliviasMom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2008, 02:51 PM

Mommy to 3 Boys!! (and loving it)

My Mood/Status:
hghent has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hghent has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hghent has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hghent has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hghent has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hghent has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I go to my local gas station and take all their left over papers on Monday. All they need is the front page to get credit for them... and they love the fact that they don't have to throw them away and take up lots of room in their dumpster. Of course, I talked with them first and they just put them off to the side for me! I average about 25-30 extra papers every week!!

Just ask any local newspaper seller what they do with their left over Sunday papers and if they says "throw them away" pick yourself off the floor and ask if they can work something out with you!!

Good Luck!!

Mommy to Benjamin (8yrs)
, Samuel (5yrs)

and Lucas (2 year)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hghent For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2008, 02:54 PM

Trying to be patient while hubby looking for...
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have one paper delivered..as I even, gasp, like reading it...for a while I had a newspaper lady that would leave any extras later in the week (I just wrote her a note and she'd leave any overages-but she changed jobs)...but my biggest haul is out of our local recycling station..they have huge like truck size newspaper bins..I asked if I could grab coupons..they couldn't care less..in fact one of the workers collects coke reward points so he's side by side with me...and there are many others doing the same thing so it just depends when I go how many inserts I get..sometimes I might get 6-8" high of current inserts..up to 20 or so copies a piece

only rarely do I buy from a clipper as that pretty much circumvents the savings in my mind...

but check at your library..sometimes they have the paper but don't use the coupons..post on your local freecycle..ask your neighbors/any one you come in contact with...if they don't use them they couldn't care less about them..if you trade them occasional freebies for them they'll remember to save for you...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xmaspickle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2008, 03:33 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Linz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
The main problem for me is that the local paper doesn't have the good qs. So asking a neighbor or even using the recycling bin is not incredibly worth it. Anybody else have this problem???
Old 05-16-2008, 03:37 PM

Trying to be patient while hubby looking for...
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!xmaspickle has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
maybe once a month make a trip into a bigger city where they would have better recycling bins, subscribe to the larger paper..make a friend in a different area that will send you the local inserts from their area..and you pay the postage or something
The Following User Says Thank You to xmaspickle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2008, 09:47 PM

blargh

My Mood/Status:
carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carlsonfour has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I get the weekend paper delivered. Then I buy one (or two on awesome coupon days) first thing Sunday morning at CVS when they open using ECBs. The last few weeks I've started hanging out at Starbucks right after and have picked up two or 3 more from others reading or what's left by the trash. I also have one friend that saves all the inserts for me.

I do, however, get about 25 Red Plum inserts a week. They are delivered on the Tuesday before in our junk mail bundles, and I just 'unrecycle' some from the bin where everyone throws them out in my apartment complex.

I get most of my needed coupons from trades though, and coupon trains. Getting so many Red Plum has certainly helped me do that much more easily.

I have bought from one of the clipper sites 3 times now since I joined. What I mostly get from there though is Q's from other regions that I don't get.

Other than having the huge amount of Red Plum, I usually have about 3-5 inserts a week and sometimes that is way more than I can use on most of the Q's. For the ones that I want more of, I usually just trade.

I feel like I have hit the jackpot since I joined here. I have been a couponer for many years, but being able to get extras with trades has helped me go from having an empty pantry/fridge most months, to it overflowing and boxes of stockpiles EVERYWHERE.

Last edited by carlsonfour; 05-17-2008 at 09:51 PM. Reason: punctuation is my friend
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carlsonfour For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2008, 09:54 PM

Loving AFC
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Scruffy Mom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scruffy Mom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scruffy Mom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scruffy Mom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scruffy Mom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Scruffy Mom has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Well it depends usually 2 or 3. But tonight my son wanted to go DD (dumpster diving) he's 13 I couldnt believe he suggested it. I went fishing with him so i guess it was my time. He jumped in the dumpster and got 60 coke reward points and tons of inserts!! I got him hooked. He loves getting free stuff. He has enough free razors and Adidas to last a lifetime.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scruffy Mom For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2008, 12:05 AM

My Mood/Status:
dfed913 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dfed913 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dfed913 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dfed913 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dfed913 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dfed913 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dfed913 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dfed913 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dfed913 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I usually buy one on Sunday as my DH enjoys reading it...then on Monday I get one from work...if the coups are exceptional I then go hunting!

The Following User Says Thank You to dfed913 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2008, 02:32 AM

is searching for deals on AFC!
AFC User

My Mood/Status:
MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!MaxxMe has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I get 4 papers here. Since my local paper doesn't have coupons as good as the largest city almost 2 hrs away I pay the $6. I also will order from a clipper service or ebay at times for really good coupons on items we use. I pay that fee gladly and don't look at it as losing out on anything. The money I save using those coupons is quite substantial. I choose ones I know will give me the product for pennies or free when they double. To me, to drive 2 hrs away even once a month to dumpster would cost so much in gas right now that it just wouldn't make sense vs. ordering them.
The Following User Says Thank You to MaxxMe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2008, 07:47 AM

My Mood/Status:
sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I purchase the Sunday paper, get them from work and DH is a corrections officer and brings home Q's from his job from the paper. This week he brought home 55 books of coupons!!! I cut about 25 of them already.

Couponing is the best Hobby to Have
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetsali For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2008, 07:50 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsali View Post
I purchase the Sunday paper, get them from work and DH is a corrections officer and brings home Q's from his job from the paper. This week he brought home 55 books of coupons!!! I cut about 25 of them already.
55!!! Wowza. That makes my hand hurt to think about cutting!
Old 05-20-2008, 07:52 AM

My Mood/Status:
sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sweetsali has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by linz152 View Post
55!!! Wowza. That makes my hand hurt to think about cutting!
Yes, its very time consuming. I do them while watching on TV with my laptop signed on to AFC!! I'm so addicted to this site its not funny.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:53 AM

looking for Albertsons monopoly pieces!!
That's MRS. Savealot to you!!!

txsavingdiva has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!txsavingdiva has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!txsavingdiva has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!txsavingdiva has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!txsavingdiva has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!txsavingdiva has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I get at LEAST 25 papers a week. This week I have already cut 28 and will probably hit the recycle bin and get 20+ more! LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to txsavingdiva For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2008, 05:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by txsavingdiva View Post
I get at LEAST 25 papers a week. This week I have already cut 28 and will probably hit the recycle bin and get 20+ more! LOL
I know thats right!! I like to have a huge stock specially for when triples come up. I'm so ready for triples.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:18 PM

is getting a cold

My Mood/Status:
couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!couponmom25 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I get about 200 inserts a week more I stockpile pretty big and help familys in need and shop for my mom and sister in law... Plus if there is a really good coupon i am looking for i will buy extra coupons...

plus i take the extra coupons that i'm not going to use and trade them check out my website for more info
lovescoupons,Coupon Clipping,Coupons Coupon Inserts, Coupon Previews
The Following User Says Thank You to couponmom25 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2008, 08:09 PM

Neocon

My Mood/Status:
SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wow! You gals are serious!

I only get 1 paper delivered. My brother is in another state so I am going to mail him a bunch of pre stamped envelopes so he can toss them in the mail to me each Sunday.

He gets ALOT of good coupons. The coupons here are kinda crappy IMO.

Plus, I am on a train and sometimes do trades and get RAOK's.

Don't forget to say please and THANK YOU!
The Following User Says Thank You to SoccerMama For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2008, 08:14 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
I've just started offering some trades in the last few days and so far am getting some good responses and some good qs being offered up. That's very exciting!

Thanks for all the great tips. I can't believe some of you get so many inserts each week! My DH thinks the 4 that we get is a lot. Wait until I tell him there are people out there cutting up lots more than us!

Thanks,
Linz
Old 05-21-2008, 08:24 PM

Neocon

My Mood/Status:
SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SoccerMama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
As it is, I have a hard time keeping organized. I always seem to have some coupons on my counter, the kitchen table, loose in my purse and loose in my car.

And I'm a bit of neat freak so it drive me nuts. I don't think I could handle more than 1 paper.

Don't forget to say please and THANK YOU!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:25 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerMama View Post
As it is, I have a hard time keeping organized. I always seem to have some coupons on my counter, the kitchen table, loose in my purse and loose in my car.

And I'm a bit of neat freak so it drive me nuts. I don't think I could handle more than 1 paper.
I sort of agree there. Although I'm getting better! In fact I was working on this tonight.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:32 PM

Supporting Member

2BABetterShopper has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!2BABetterShopper has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!2BABetterShopper has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!2BABetterShopper has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!2BABetterShopper has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!2BABetterShopper has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!2BABetterShopper has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!2BABetterShopper has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!2BABetterShopper has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!2BABetterShopper has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!2BABetterShopper has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Geez you people buy alot of paper! I buy one on Saturday that's the early Sunday edition. Sometimes if they are out of the newspaper, I will buy the double pack.
Do your stores lower the price of the paper after a certain amount of days? Mine don't.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:24 AM

Addicted to Couponing

My Mood/Status:
LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hghent View Post
I go to my local gas station and take all their left over papers on Monday. All they need is the front page to get credit for them... and they love the fact that they don't have to throw them away and take up lots of room in their dumpster. Of course, I talked with them first and they just put them off to the side for me! I average about 25-30 extra papers every week!!

Just ask any local newspaper seller what they do with their left over Sunday papers and if they says "throw them away" pick yourself off the floor and ask if they can work something out with you!!

Good Luck!!
Wow that's awesome we never have left overs at my stores in town, they're usually sold out by mid morning, the people in this tiny town apparently LOVE the newspaper. They even sell their tiny rinky dink paper on Wednesdays out by midmorning!
Old 05-25-2008, 12:50 AM

Addicted to Couponing

My Mood/Status:
LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!LindseyLouXOX has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
My friend works at one paper and gets the extra inserts for me, but they only have the smartsource and only sometimes have the p&g and redplum. If there's a great coupon(s) I'll scope my neighborhood, friends, etc. for the coupons. I rarely buy them but I have on ebay, I also trade and do trains on yahoogroups and here on AFC.
The Following User Says Thank You to LindseyLouXOX For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2008, 01:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BABetterShopper View Post
Geez you people buy alot of paper! I buy one on Saturday that's the early Sunday edition. Sometimes if they are out of the newspaper, I will buy the double pack.
Do your stores lower the price of the paper after a certain amount of days? Mine don't.
I usually purchase one paper for the week and get the rest of my inserts from work or DH's job only. I'm to cheap to buy more. Once in a while I will spring for the double pack when I know there is something in there that I must have multiples of. I have this feeling that one of my favorite stores will be tripling again soon to boost up sales. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one.

Tags
inserts, weekly