Kindle Fire For Couponing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 10:49 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Kindle Fire for couponing

So I have been debating weather to buy a Kindle or not. My main reason is for couponing on the go. Does anyone have one and use it for this purpose. Can you set your Kindle so you can print coupons from it to your home printer? Do most stores have WiFi that you can access the internet? I am just wondering if it is worth it? So many times I am at the store and want to check on a deal that I read about on here and I am wondering if that would solve the problem.

Any input is appreciated.

TIA

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 11:26 AM

RE: Kindle Fire for couponing

IQdoU

My Mood/Status:
JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!JArble has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
i will be watching this thread...i don't have a smart phone and thought a kindle might be the answer as well..can't wait to see what everyone has to offer for info
Old 01-14-2012, 12:35 PM

Ok or better. It's kinda like our guarantee ~ BVtS

My Mood/Status:
monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!monkeydawn has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
We got the Kindle Fire mostly because my husband wanted it but I was curious to see how it would affect my couponing. It hasnt really other than my husband has something to do while I shop some stores. For the most part, I dont have WiFi in the stores around here (there are a couple). My husband usually parks close to a McDonalds and uses their WiFi. So it isnt like I can have the cashiers scan the screen for on line coupons or anything like that.

I havent tried printing from the Kindle yet. There hasnt been a coupon I have wanted an extra 2 copies of since we have gotten the Kindle.

I havent found an App or spreadsheet application that would be helpful to me in store yet. I know there is google docs but I dont have a gmail account (I know that is an easily fixable problem) but with no actual WiFi in most stores, i dont expect google docs would be all that helpful. I was kind of hoping for some excel like program that could be loaded on to the Kindle and used, even without WiFi. If someone knows about something like that, please let me know.

Now onto the biggest reason I dont think the Kindle is great for couponing...the lack of a camera. So you know all those cool apps where you scan a barcode and do amazing things? They are all no-gos for the Kindle.

Now do I think the purchase was a waste for us? No way. My husband really likes it. it just wasnt what I was hoping for as a couponing helper. It really seems like a smartphone/ iPad is the way to go for couponing help. I just can not justify the expense (for us) of a monthly bill for it...yet. And I really have tried.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Chloey has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Check into an app called "Out of milk" You do not have to attached to WiFi to use it, only download it, you do not have to have a camera to use it, although it can make it much easier to make lists and the like.

It does keep track of prices you paid in the past... so you can always know the lowest price you've gotten on items...

It does have a pantry list, so you can always know what is in your pantry even when at the store and not attached to WiFi.

The only features that are NOT on the free version, is the syncing option... so you can email your list to everyone you know or upload it to your computer. And the coupon option where you can add coupons to your total and it will automatically figure the amount.

I use this app all the time while shopping, I can make a list, know what's in my pantry so if I see a good deal I already know that I have 10 of them. And it automatically figures my total for me so I know if my coupons got rung up correctly.

I typically only shop at Meijer, and the double policy is vastly different than other stores. So I don't even enter my coupons into the app, rather I just use the giant calculator to add them up and take them off my total.

As far as printing from the Fire, or other tablet, I believe you must have a wireless printer available, and have a special app to do with it. And I think it's only available currently for droid phones, tabs and so forth.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab, and my DH has a smartphone that creates it's own hotspot, so if I did want to connect to the internet to use an e-coupon I can, however I have never been anywhere were I didn't already have a detailed list done.

Here's the youtube preview for "Out of Milk"

Out of Milk Shopping List - YouTube
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chloey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2012, 12:54 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
i never thought to use the fire as a couponing aid. however, i have a kindle keyboard. i can use the 3G to connect to the internet and look up something. it is very very slow, and in my opinion, not really worth buying for that purpose. i do read a great deal of books and enjoy the kindle for that purpose.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!soccermom27 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Thank you all. I am leaning more towards waiting until i can get one of the fancy phones that internet on them.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
cherriblossom has posted more than 200 great deals!cherriblossom has posted more than 200 great deals!cherriblossom has posted more than 200 great deals!
I read a article last month the said Amazon is going to release a 2nd gen Fire as early as April or May. You might want to wait before buying since the current gen could drop in price once a new one is available.
I have a iPod touch that I use with my couponing. Coupons.com has a app that you need a HP wireless printer to print from.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!SavvyRealtorChick has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab and I have not been able to print Qs to my wireless printer. It will print but not Qs since the coupon websites are not compatible with the operating system on the SGT. HTH...
Old 01-15-2012, 06:14 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Winterbunny has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Winterbunny has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Winterbunny has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Winterbunny has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Winterbunny has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Winterbunny has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I have a fire and I love it... but i dont use it for coupons because when i go to the store I already have to keep up with my purse and binder ( just keeping an eye on it from getting stolen) I dont want to add a tablet on top of it to keep up with.

I do have a smart phone if i need it though but i keep it in my purse.