Question About Inserts In Your Sunday Paper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 06:26 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
earpoker has posted more than 75 good deals!
Question about inserts in your Sunday paper

I live in Mahtomedi, and purchase my Sunday papers at the gas station every Sunday morning. I've noticed that the GOOD coupons are never included in my inserts (for instance, I didn't get the Oscar Meyer coupons in my inserts this last week, as well as several others). However, my mom has a subscription to the Pioneer Press in Shorview, and she always gets the "good" coupons in her inserts. My grandmother, who lives 1/2 a mile away from my mom, subscribes to both the Star Tribune and the Pioneer Press, and she sometimes gets the good inserts, and sometimes she doesn't.

So, I'm just wondering...have you had problems getting a Sunday paper with complete inserts? I'm just wondering if I finally get a subscription, if I'll still have to hunt for some of the better coupons out there. I don't even get the extra Rainbow coupon booklet! UGH!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<- My husband's reaction after I show him the grocery receipt.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:40 PM

RE: Question about inserts in your Sunday paper

So exhausted...I could sleep for days!

My Mood/Status:
alliecat2886 has posted more than 100 good deals!alliecat2886 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I bought two pioneer press and one star tribune from the same gas station at the same time...I got the good coupons in the star and not the pp. So I have no idea how it works!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 06:49 PM

looking for deals

My Mood/Status:
dannan has posted more than 10 good deals
In my experience, the Star Tribune has better coupons than the Pioneer Press. I've read that subscribers also get better coupons than papers bought off the rack. So, that may explain why your mom gets good coupons in her Pioneer Press, or it could be just her area. It's all marketing and sometimes coupons can vary from one neighborhood to the next.
I am getting a subscription, though, because I'm tired of going to get papers from the gas station and have to hunt to find papers that aren't missing the inserts!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:00 PM

thankful

My Mood/Status:
dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!dwagner84 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I've noticed the same thing here. I get them from the dollar store, and I don't get multiple inserts when the subscribers do. It's weird.

-Dawn
Old 06-28-2011, 01:05 PM

kdd398
I live in Northern MN and ordered a subscription to the Minneapolis Star Tribune Sunday edition only in hopes to receive inserts. My first weeks Sunday paper was never mailed out. After a few email's back and forth I requested they credit my account. Just received the June 26th paper today and no inserts at all GRRRRRR. Fired off another email. Im thinking of cancelling my subscription, this is pathetic.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:03 PM

kdd398
Yep, going to cancel. Just received their email response:

Thank you for contacting the Star Tribune. I would be happy to assist you in this matter. I was able to pull up your account and I do show that you are currently getting the paper mailed to you since we do not offer home delivery in your area. Since it is being mailed the USPS will not allow us to place any inserts in the paper.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:58 PM

looking for deals

My Mood/Status:
dannan has posted more than 10 good deals
Sorry to hear that. Aren't there stores that carry it in your area? If not, I don't blame you for cancelling since the whole point is the inserts!
Old 07-02-2011, 01:04 AM

kdd398
I live in a very small town and the only place that sells them is the grocery store. Unless you're there early Sunday most of them are sold or the inserts are missing or taken out. I asked them if I could just have the inserts from the paper and the owner said sure just come in on Tues mornings and help yourself. Well I was able to do that once and the next time I showed up, they stated "no we cant do that because of our contract with the coupon company". I have called another newspaper and they stated I should be able to get most of the flyers and inserts. So I may give that a whirl.
Old 07-03-2011, 06:00 AM

cheerful

My Mood/Status:
lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I canceled my Sunday Subscription to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette - they dont put the Red Plum or the P&G in them and that was my reason for canceling. I had two calls yesterday from two different sales people requesting I resubscribe. I repeated the above comments. The second saleman said they had others canceling their subscription for the same reason.

You know when they advertise $xx.xx amount of coupons in this edition, they are counting the coupons they dont' include but put a disclaimer that 'not all coupons are availalbe in all areas'.

I still get the coupons I want but I purchase them either from a clipping service or from ebay. Sometimes I buy the whole inserts.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:57 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!BargainMama has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Coupon inserts are done regionally and based on the newspaper. If you look along the side of the cover it says which papers that insert was created for. (For example "Advertising Supplement to AUSTIN AMERICAN-STATESMAN, AUSTIN REDPLUM DIRECT MAIL, SAN MARCOS HILL COUNTRY RECORD, SAN MARCOS RECORD 06/26/11) My in-laws are in San Antonio (about 90 miles away) and they frequently get higher dollar amount coupons than I get.