Crackdown On People Using Coupons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 04:59 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
pinkflower66 has posted more than 100 good deals!pinkflower66 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Crackdown on People Using Coupons

Was visiting with a friend and she mentioned she heard on TV that there is in planning a crackdown on people using coupons. I asked her for more details but she couldn't give me any more information. I agree illegal couponing should be stopped. Just concern if the everyday couponer will be controlled from using coupons. Does anyone have more information regarding this? It's to bad some people ruin a good thing for everyone else.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 06-11-2011, 07:59 AM

RE: Crackdown on People Using Coupons

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
i think it is a scare tactic...urban legends.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:04 AM

My Mood/Status:
arkaneinc has posted more than 100 good deals!arkaneinc has posted more than 100 good deals!
I think that people that shop with a lot of coupons might be singled out more because of the show but in time it will go away. It's the same when the show storage wars came out. I had been buying storage units for awhile and when the show came out the place was flooded with people coming out. Still is and they jack the price of the units way up because they are searching for an unrealistic deal.

With coupons it's a bit different. I don't have a problem with people that use the coupons as intended and walk away with a killer deal. My problem is when the coupons are abused and applied to items that are clearly not what the coupon is for.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:48 AM

jakecarew
There are several things going on right now; there was an article on Yahoo yesterday mentioning how several big name stores are tightening their coupon redemption policy.

Another thing that has been in the works is the changing of the bar codes on coupons so they are harder to use for items for which they are not intended (ala the "coupon fraud" that was shown in Extreme Couponing). They've been working on that for a while and if you haven't noticed it, you should start seeing changes to UPC codes on coupons very soon. I had heard June/July for a roll-out date.

A couple of weeks ago I read in more than one place and actually wrote an article about Red Plum, Smart Source and P&G were going after eBay for allowing the selling of coupons in violation with their terms. That post went viral in the money-saving world, so maybe your friend saw it.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:55 AM

BBSSept

My Mood/Status:
BARBEPAM has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!BARBEPAM has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!BARBEPAM has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!BARBEPAM has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!BARBEPAM has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!BARBEPAM has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!BARBEPAM has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I heard part of that story this morning . I know they mentioned WAL MART and Target as two of the big chains that were going to start limiting the number of coupons you could use on a transaction. They also mentioned that P&G was going to start writing on their coupons that you could not use more than 4 coupons for the same 4 items in one transaction. That was all of the story I caught. Sorry!
Old 06-29-2011, 06:07 AM

My Mood/Status:
clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!clipperace has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Currently, when Albertsons runs their TTV coupon deal(Doublers) you are limited to using three per transaction. Which basically limits u to 3 coupons per transaction. Many times I have had like 20 or 30 transactions.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:15 AM

jakecarew
I thought P&G had been doing that for a while already (don't know--don't buy most of their products). Other advertisers will probably start doing it as well.