How To Print Coupons If I Don't Have A Printer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 12:06 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Away on vacation may 21- may 26

nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Unhappy How to print coupons if I don't have a printer

Hi, I have already read the sticky on how to access the coupon database and know how to print coupons.

My problem is that I actually cannot print. I do not have a printer at home, and my school's computers (in library and computer lab) block us from installing anything. I tried saving the bricks software to a USB instead but apparently that doesn't work and I have to download it to a computer. I would print at work but the printer is broken right now New York Public Library charges you for anything you print.

Is there any technical way to bypass the block on my school computers? Or any way to save the software to a USB instead of the actual computer and print from that? Are there any other places besides the library where I can install the program and use their printers for free?

If I want to print online coupons, what can I do?? I have a lot of good coupons that I want to print out
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 06-09-2011, 01:34 PM

RE: How to print coupons if I don't have a printer

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you look around you can buy a printer pretty inexpensively and it will pay for it's self shortly. Just a suggestion stick with HP lasers if possible. Don't try to screw with the schools computers it will get you in more trouble than the coupons are worth.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:38 PM

I'm baaack and ready to SAVE!
AFC sassy member

My Mood/Status:
SassyNixx has posted more than 100 good deals!SassyNixx has posted more than 100 good deals!
There are also members who will print out coupons and send them to you, a gal I traded with had that offered on her list. Just a thought.

Engaged to my love of 10yrs
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, to be Wed this Hallow's eve
Our spoiled "children"; Rusty
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& Raider

Recent College Graduate
in Computer systems for Networking/A+
& I enjoy applying my creativity to my career as a Web Editor

Old 06-09-2011, 01:42 PM

Pandazing has posted more than 200 great deals!Pandazing has posted more than 200 great deals!Pandazing has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLance68
If you look around you can buy a printer pretty inexpensively and it will pay for it's self shortly. Just a suggestion stick with HP lasers if possible. Don't try to screw with the schools computers it will get you in more trouble than the coupons are worth.
Yes.

There are ways around everything (heck one can even get bricks to print to PDF if they know what they're doing), but I'd agree that trying to get around the rules is a bad idea and is not something I'm going to encourage or help with.

I'd suggest also looking at Brother lasers. Work great for coupons, usually go on sale a bit cheaper than HPs, and have very reasonable toner costs.

I've just gotten back into couponing after taking a couple of months off, and the addiction's picked right back up. :-P
Old 06-09-2011, 01:45 PM

Discount Mercenary

My Mood/Status:
veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I wouldn't advocate learning how to print bricks coupons to PDF form; it is considered a copy and therefore unusable.

I purchased a monochrome Brother laser printer for $100 with free shipping from Amazon (it's the wireless one that can double print). Didn't actually purchase it for coupon printing, but it is also a great excuse to own it I know the lesser models can cost around $50.

Toner cartridges are a bit more expensive, but not by much in my opinion, and can print nearly 2,000 (or more) pages before it must be replaced.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to veriria For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2011, 01:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
messijessi77 has posted more than 200 great deals!messijessi77 has posted more than 200 great deals!messijessi77 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Looks like you've exhausted all options I could think of- other than trading with people on this forum- do you have any friends who would let you print from their computers? Or maybe family members? Sorry couldn't be more help- I print three to a page at the local public library for 5 cents a page-
Old 06-10-2011, 12:04 AM

Away on vacation may 21- may 26

nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!nycgirl631 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Its kinda odd but no family or friends in the city that have printers at home...

I guess I'll look and see which members will print coupons for you, thanks for the idea! I did look into printers and I'm not so worried about the cost of the printer itself but the recurring costs of buying/refilling ink/toner! I think that 1) I will look for members here that are able to help me out, 2) hope that the work printer gets fixed soon, and 3)research cheap toners for HP or Brother printers!

Thanks all
Old 06-10-2011, 12:36 AM

Re-newbie.

My Mood/Status:
Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I own this printer:
Samsung ML 2525 Laser Printer Monochrome Plain Paper Print Desktop by Office Depot

it's on sale now, it comes with the initial toner, and after that toner is anywhere from $20 to $40 and should get you 2600 pages. You can also refill the toner yourself much cheaper.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kayhold For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 01:59 AM

Discount Mercenary

My Mood/Status:
veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
The cost of regular deskjet ink vs a toner cartridge for the monochrome laser printer for me this is relatively the same.

I think the Kodak black ink cartridge is $16.99 and the color ink cartridge is around $20 to 24 dollars. When you compare that vs. the $40 or so it costs for one toner cartridge, and compare how many pages it prints (definitely not a lot via the deskjet) I think you have an easy winner.

In my opinion the monochrome laser printer pays for itself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to veriria For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2011, 09:34 AM

My Mood/Status:
brambos has posted more than 25 good deals
When I am desperate, I send my prints around to Kindo's with black/white option. In the instructions, I tell them they are coupons and I want as many on one page as possible. They're great about working with me. Not much money, pickup usually the same day.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:45 AM

So Many Obsessions has posted more than 100 good deals!So Many Obsessions has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veriria View Post
I wouldn't advocate learning how to print bricks coupons to PDF form; it is considered a copy and therefore unusable.
Not to mention that they apparently have identifiers in that little top right scan-dot barcode that somehow include your IP address.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:03 AM

So Many Obsessions has posted more than 100 good deals!So Many Obsessions has posted more than 100 good deals!
I know everyone loves laser printers, but here's another option that's just as reasonable--

Many (if not all, IDK) HP inkjet printers have refillable cartridges.

The refill kit is $11 on Amazon. I've filled my HP60 cartridge twice and my mom's HP60XL once and still have enough for at least 1-2 more refills.

Now, I'll have to buy a new cartridge eventually, because the heads do burn out. But $11 for what would have been 5-6 cartridges @ $15/each is a pretty sweet deal IMO.

I know more about HP printers than any other brand. Some other brands have refillable cartridges.

There are several HP deskjets on Amazon for ~$30 (some with free super saver shipping!).
The Following User Says Thank You to So Many Obsessions For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2011, 10:55 AM

My Mood/Status:
Nightlilly has posted more than 100 good deals!Nightlilly has posted more than 100 good deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Many Obsessions View Post
I know everyone loves laser printers, but here's another option that's just as reasonable--

The refill kit is $11 on Amazon. I've filled my HP60 cartridge twice and my mom's HP60XL once and still have enough for at least 1-2 more refills.

Now, I'll have to buy a new cartridge eventually, because the heads do burn out. But $11 for what would have been 5-6 cartridges @ $15/each is a pretty sweet deal IMO.

I know more about HP printers than any other brand. Some other brands have refillable cartridges.

There are several HP deskjets on Amazon for ~$30 (some with free super saver shipping!).
...I refill mine til it's dead then buy another $15 cartridge and start over. I've been thinking about getting a laser printer lately though, if I can find one that has refillable (easily & cheaply refillable) cartridges, just because it's getting a little inconvenient to stop and refill when I get in my "coupon printing zone". I only print every other week or so and 50-100 pages at a time.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:42 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!SLance68 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightlilly View Post
...I refill mine til it's dead then buy another $15 cartridge and start over. I've been thinking about getting a laser printer lately though, if I can find one that has refillable (easily & cheaply refillable) cartridges, just because it's getting a little inconvenient to stop and refill when I get in my "coupon printing zone". I only print every other week or so and 50-100 pages at a time.
Ok this feature alone will explain why a laser printer is superior to inkjet. You get warnings that your cartridge is about to run out. When this pops up you open the printer take the cartridge out and shake the cartridge and put it back in and it will work for quite a while longer before it will actually stop printing. I have done the remove & shake cartridges with HP and Brother lasers and it works quite well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SLance68 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2011, 01:52 PM

My Mood/Status:
nottoooldtolearn has posted more than 150 good deals!nottoooldtolearn has posted more than 150 good deals!
wal mart has a super cheap inkjet printer for $29 bucks.....
Old 06-16-2011, 02:20 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottoooldtolearn View Post
wal mart has a super cheap inkjet printer for $29 bucks.....
And when you have to replace the cartridge it would be cheaper to buy another printer than to buy a replacement cartridge.

For those that refill the inkjet cartridges you will stop doing that the first time you have it screw up your printer and you have to get a new printer from the mess it makes.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:21 PM

My Mood/Status:
hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!hailove has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I bought a cheap HP printer from Walmart just for printing coupons. I set it to use just black ink and I think I can take the color ink cart out and can just print with the black one, so I just need to replace the black ink.

So far it has paid for itself, although I wish I would of looked into the laser printers (and a wireless one), and perhaps printers that take are more refilled/recycled cartridge friendly. Perhaps once I save enough money from the coupons printed with this printer I can go for a more expensive one.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:45 PM

ashleycorbin77479 has posted more than 50 good deals
Try garage sales or thrift stores for a cheap black and white printer. My neighbor got one for like $5.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:26 PM

Re-newbie.

My Mood/Status:
Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Kayhold has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Many Obsessions View Post

Almost all new printer cartridges have chips in them so the companies can prevent them from being re-used. The chip counts the pages printed, and once it's at zero, they stop working regardless of how much ink is left. Refilling them will not reset the chips.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:40 AM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailove View Post
I bought a cheap HP printer from Walmart just for printing coupons. I set it to use just black ink and I think I can take the color ink cart out and can just print with the black one, so I just need to replace the black ink.

So far it has paid for itself, although I wish I would of looked into the laser printers (and a wireless one), and perhaps printers that take are more refilled/recycled cartridge friendly. Perhaps once I save enough money from the coupons printed with this printer I can go for a more expensive one.
Most inkjet printers will not print if the color cartridge is removed or empty. I have a HP inkjet at one of my offices and I have to have the color cartridge in and with ink or it will not print even in black & white.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:02 PM

jbqpns has posted more than 5 good deals
I have a lexmark wireless 4650 and it is a ink guzzler! I can only buy the black cartridge for $22 (cheapest). I can't find any place that can refill my empty cartridges. Walgreens and Staples were a no go!
Old 06-17-2011, 02:33 PM

Rather be Boating!!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbqpns View Post
I have a lexmark wireless 4650 and it is a ink guzzler! I can only buy the black cartridge for $22 (cheapest). I can't find any place that can refill my empty cartridges. Walgreens and Staples were a no go!
One of my Bosses wives bought a Lexmark since she got it for "free" when she bought a laptop for one of their daughters. I took that thing out and put it in the trash when the cartridge was empty - not only was it a horrible printer the ink cartridges were over priced. She finally understood why I preach buy HP or don't buy a printer (yes I love hp printers).
Old 06-17-2011, 05:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Southern Dad has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have one of those all-in-one laser machines that really didn't see a lot of action until I discovered printable coupons.

Old 06-17-2011, 05:43 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2a&e has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayhold View Post
Almost all new printer cartridges have chips in them so the companies can prevent them from being re-used. The chip counts the pages printed, and once it's at zero, they stop working regardless of how much ink is left. Refilling them will not reset the chips.
True but if you by ARC (auto reset chip) cartridges online for your printer you do not have that problem, you can refill and not have any quota issue. I've been doing it for years, most recently on a Canon printer I just upgraded to and have never had an issue.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:25 AM

mcminto has posted more than 5 good deals
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyNixx View Post
There are also members who will print out coupons and send them to you, a gal I traded with had that offered on her list. Just a thought.
hey I have the same kind of issue no friends or family in the area I had a printer but it would be cheaper to buy a new printer than ink and it's REALLY not in the budget. I won't be able to print at the library because of the no downloads thing. who do you know that will send coupons? and what do they want in return. this is my second day of trying this out going to pick up circulars today. also paper coupons where do I get those?

Tags
bricks, online-coupons, printing