New Here :) - Question About Black/white Printed Coupons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 02:55 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Gwinhwyvar has posted more than 50 good deals
Question New Here :) - question about black/white printed coupons

Hello everyone

I've seen posts on this, regarding black and white printed coupons, but nothing recent.

I printed my first coupons in color last weekend, and feel that it won't be cost-efficient to print coupons in color, as the price of a colored ink cartridge is double that of a black and white, also, it seems a little silly if it will just be mailed back to the manufacturer.

Anyway, I've switched my printer settings over to greyscale and have printed so black and white coupons that I hope to use soon, and hope that they will be accepted.

My store options are HEB (which doesn't seem very coupon-friendly), Target, Wal-Mart, and CVS. And so I'm wondering if anyone's got any tips, advice, or has had any problems taking black/white printed coupons to any of those stores recently.

Thanks in advance!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gwinhwyvar For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 01-11-2011, 03:03 PM

RE: New Here :) - question about black/white printed coupons

I try to be the person my dog thinks I am.
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!lms28023 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've used black and white at CVS without any problem. I use them at other stores here without any problems, but I don't shop Target or Wal-mart very often.
The Following User Says Thank You to lms28023 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2011, 03:08 PM

Lift while you climb
Aldi Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've only had one situation that I can remember where my B/Ws weren't accepted. At Kroger. They've never been turned down at that Kroger before or since. Some coupons even have the "this coupon may be printed in black and white or in color" on it now.

Just be prepared to walk away if they won't accept them. And sometimes you'll get accused of copying "real" coupons. You can point out the different codes and that they can call and verify that it's good if anybody accuses you of that.

DELTA region for Kroger stores

Are you looking for a way to give back to this great community?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tratra For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2011, 03:14 PM

Discount Mercenary

My Mood/Status:
veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm going to research printers that only print in black and white as well. I have a very nice Kodak printer at the moment, but I hate wasting the ink for printable coupons since it seems to run out very quickly even though I've bought the ink cartridges that claim to last a % longer than the "regular" ones.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:20 PM

Thanks tratra

I'm fully prepared to walk away either without those specific items, or the whole transaction, depending on how I'm treated by the clerk if I run into a situation where my b/w coupons aren't accepted. I'm also thinking of presenting the coupons to show and ask the clerk if they'll be accepted, before anything starts to go through the scanner, just to save time and hassle.

None of my coupons have that additional "this coupon may be printed in black and white or in color" on them. I haven't look at all of them, but I know that a lot of them say "Retailer: Authenticate at veri-fi." Is that what you had mentioned? I'm not sure how any of that works.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:32 PM

Discount Mercenary

My Mood/Status:
veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!veriria has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I guess I've gotten ornery in my "old" age (I'm only pushing 30 ) but I will not stand for a rude cashier anymore, or any other rude staff. I mean, prior to couponing, I never had any problems worth noting. I think I've really only had two bad instances of bad attitude thankfully. Because of my looks I appear young as it is, and get discriminated based on that fact alone it seems, sometimes. In fact, both me and my husband get treated this way! It is quite galling, to say the least.

Last edited by veriria; 01-11-2011 at 03:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to veriria For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2011, 03:43 PM

Thanks Veriria About getting ornery in "old" age - I'm the same, only I am 30, and I feel too that sometimes I'm discriminated against based on looks, and I agree, it's not right.

I'm new to grocery/household product couponing, so I haven't really had experiences with rude cashiers in regard to coupons. I've been using Hobby Lobby's 40% off coupon every two weeks for almost a year and it was this past weekend that I had a cashier give me problems, for the first time - ever. I had 10 yards of fabric cut, and, it was written on the sales tab as that. Then I decided to get another 10 yards, which was written on the same paper. The cashier was treating it as two separate transactions. In the end, I asked the girl at the fabric counter if she could re-write the sales slip, and she did. The cashier then applied the coupon to all of it, and was clearly aggravated, as if the money was coming out of her own pocket. I should have said something, but my husband was with me. But... never again. I don't know if it's store policy or if she was just having a bad day.

Anyway, thanks again, and happy shopping
Old 01-11-2011, 04:56 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!bethaliz6894 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I have also switched to grayscale coupons and i normally dont have a problem. however, more and more web sites over ride my settings and print in color and usually a full page. stand by and get ready to cancell the printer after the coupon is printed but not the ad.
The Following User Says Thank You to bethaliz6894 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2011, 05:42 PM

Thanks Bethaliz6894 That was exactly why I switched to greyscale. The printing wasn't so bad on websites that would print multiple coupons to the page, but the websites that offer coupons directly for their product printing out an ad taking up the rest of the page. One of those used up the last of my colored ink, so, there won't be any color coming out. But that one I did try to cancel the rest of the print job after I saw the coupon starting to print, knowing there would be a delay in response time between the computer and printer. I just wasn't fast enough >< Hopefully next time. Thanks again
Old 01-11-2011, 07:08 PM

Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Jakejake has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I changed my printer settings to greyscale. I've never had a coupon default to color when I set my printer default to b&w. I hate the coupons that use a full sheet of dark color for an ad, how rude. It defeats the purpose of the coupon. I dunno, maybe we should start sending email complaints about that as a group. I don't even care if they want the ad, just not white text on a full color background.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jakejake For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2011, 05:55 AM

My Mood/Status:
cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!cathyw has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I haven't had any difficulty using b&w at various stores IP's to date.
The Following User Says Thank You to cathyw For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2011, 12:06 PM

Thanks Cathyw I'm hoping I won't have any difficulty either.

Jakejake - I agree. All that lost ink defeats the purpose, and maybe something should be said. It seems silly to me for a 3/4 page ad to print out, when it's going to be clipped and thrown out. The coupon itself should be advertisement enough, as a person is printing it out to buy the product.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:13 PM

LOVE AFC!!!

My Mood/Status:
Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Losingitagain has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I haven't had anyone refuse my IP because it was printed in B&W (only that some won't take IPs at all). I have use B&W IPs at Target, CVS, WAGs, Walmart and my local store (Pick n Save) all with no problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to Losingitagain For This Useful Post: