P&G New Wording On Coupons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 11:25 AM

RE: P&G new wording on coupons

paying off debt and organizing the home

My Mood/Status:
cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!cantstopshopping has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I like the new wording that has gotten rid of the "brand size" wording....so many cashiers cannot understand that wording, and it gets frustrating, to say the least.

As for the limit of 4 like Q's, no biggy to me at all, as we are limited to 3 like Q's at our stores here anyway.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:46 AM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
twinmommma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!twinmommma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!twinmommma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!twinmommma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!twinmommma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!twinmommma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!twinmommma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!twinmommma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!twinmommma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!twinmommma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!twinmommma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Pfft to that wording.

Mama to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Wife to

The Following User Says Thank You to twinmommma For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2010, 12:03 PM

shops too much!
Be yourself!

My Mood/Status:
Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I guess it doesn't matter how the mfrs. try to protect their bottom lines. People will always find a way around whatever limits they impose until, finally, they stop offering coupons altogether. *sigh*
Old 09-23-2010, 12:04 PM

ISO--PAMPERS POINTS

My Mood/Status:
ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ambtay79 has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
i got the P&G today and yep your right they all say that... crazy

**ISO-BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION**

**I GET LOTS OF INSERTS WEEKLY, IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING PLEASE PM ME**
Old 09-23-2010, 12:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!jonsgurl0531 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Yikes to people who have to drive 30+ minutes one way (like me) to the stores they shop at! I can't go everyday like some people can..so when I go I want to use ALL my coupons in one trip!..guess I'm gonna have to make hubby come with me and use his own coupons (oh no LOL) ANd go to more than one store. .. 4 coupons seems alittle low though. Stores here do not enforce any kind of duplicate coupon limit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonsgurl0531 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2010, 05:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
CouponsmadeEC has posted more than 75 good deals!
Thankfully where I live I have 5-6 Publix and 3 Krogers with in a 10 mile radious. But I do feel for those that have to make a long trip, maybe have fun with it. Go in the morning time with hubby ( so he can use some of the q's too) and then have lunch ( waste time so it counts as a second trip) then go back the second time and use that trip to get everything that has to be refrigerated. Just a thought...

I don't think they'd get rid of the q's all together because like Kroger and P&G are linked, don't know if maybe one is able to use the other as a form of advertisement. But I believe they need each other. And my Publix's, I swear that they gear their ads toward coupon use. I get A LOT of good deal with them using Q's, were I've gotten most of my stockpiling items from. They both need each other....
The Following User Says Thank You to CouponsmadeEC For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2010, 08:44 PM

SMART SHOPPER

My Mood/Status:
MS.TAMPA has posted more than 400 great deals!MS.TAMPA has posted more than 400 great deals!MS.TAMPA has posted more than 400 great deals!MS.TAMPA has posted more than 400 great deals!MS.TAMPA has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by louiseherbert View Post
LOL Cute.

No it means you can buy 4 of the item and use 4 coupons maximum.

Which is fine for me because around here thats the rules at most stores anyway.

I like thi new wording. I do think it will confuse even more cashiers though.
Ahhh But maybe they will see it as MS.TAMPA wants it to be. Not bad...
i was on cloud9 ...hehehe a lady can only dream right?
Old 09-23-2010, 08:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
The wording really sounds fuzzy on the P&Gs to me and open to interpretation on the part of the various cashiers/managers we might encounter on our trips/transactions
Old 09-23-2010, 11:28 PM

excited about Mega Sale 7/13!

My Mood/Status:
Candice88 has posted more than 200 great deals!Candice88 has posted more than 200 great deals!Candice88 has posted more than 200 great deals!
I guess that it will help us when we argue that a purchase and a transaction are different, since the coupons will say you can use 4. But ugh, that will really suck on things like Mega Deals for stores that don't normally limit like coupons

Living and loving with my SO and our wonderful puppy.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!twentyfirstcenturygypsy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Honestly, the limits are silly. If they don't want people using the coupons, they need to stop offering them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twentyfirstcenturygypsy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2010, 10:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayline View Post
I think the resale wording will give P&G some leverage in case they choose to investigate all the folks who buy to resell at flea markets and stockpile sales. Those people would no longer be able to say they got the stuff with coupons when questioned about how they can sell the stuff so cheap. Seriously doubtful that they will go to this length but the way some people abuse the system, you just never know.
Yes, they would still be able to say how they got the stuff. Seriously, how on earth could P&G know someone is reselling? The only way would be for someone who is aware of that wording to contact P&G to inform them of the individual. And even then, they could "investigate" all they wanted - they can even call the police. To no avail. Because what is written on the coupon is not law.

And there are no laws on the books stopping you from selling a P&G item. No law, no law broken - police won't care, and a judge would just throw it out. P&G knows this, obviously. Sounds like they are just trying to scare some people.
What would be the fine? No one knows because no law exists.

(I just read that what the wording actually says is "Coupons not authorized if purchasing products for resale.".....so unless you stand there and tell the cashier you are going to resell this stuff, it's a moot point.)

Last edited by russman4; 09-25-2010 at 11:23 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to russman4 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2010, 11:07 PM

MS-ing 4 another trip : )
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixjean1 View Post
A lot of resellers have paperwork proving this, and they do not have to pay tax. Maybe the coupon has coding for situations such as this?

can you clarify this paperwork that they don't have to pay tax?

I doubt there'd be extra codes on P&G coupons for store registers to read them. The possible inconvinience I can foresee is all their coupons will now beep to alert cashier to pay attention that ONLY 4 is used If coupons don't beep, I sense that resellers can still go around this by doing multiple trxns of 4 per P&G item.

as to drugstore sales like WAG or CVS this is welcome change to most shoppers if store can/will implement it. There will be a drop and possible end to special orders by the cases/crates that are paid strictly with coupons by flea market and convinience store resellers. If they insist to make the drugstore as their suppliers, at least they'd have to work harder. Then it means there will be chances for everyone to buy some.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:00 AM

Shopping for Bargains!

My Mood/Status:
scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have a NJ tax number since I had a website for years and a store occasionally. I never used it for regular store merchandise, I only bought from wholesalers, however I do know that some places like a school for example will take their tax number somewhere to buy things for the school. Never heard of a school using a coupon with this however.

I suppose you could take a business tax number somewhere to buy regular mercandise, but I think using a coupon with that merchandise and a tax number would raise some red flags. Don't know for sure cause I have never done it.

What cracks me up is what happens if I buy as an example a bunch of say herbal essence shampoo, can't stand the smell or find I am allergic to it, lost the receipt and can't bring it back to the store, and used coupons to buy them not knowing of my allergy to it. You are telling me I don't have the right to bring them to a flea market and sell something I can't use ( an example only)

P&G had got to be kidding. Like I said, never liked the company, avoid their products unless they are totally freebies or MM.

Last edited by scamelo; 09-26-2010 at 05:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to scamelo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2010, 08:50 AM

coupon clippin'
"Hi, my name is Jennifer and I am addicted to AFC"

My Mood/Status:
jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
For those of us who are unhappy, let's take action.... I'm emailing P&G about my disappointment and the other manufacturers about how great it is that they don't have this verbiage on their q's. Maybe if they hear from enough of us, they'll reconsider

Email to P&G:

I always look forward to the monthly P&G brandSaver coupon insert in my Sunday paper because to me it has meant that I can save some money for myself, my family, and also do some good by donating to local charitable organizations who would benefit from your products. I am not in a financial position where I can donate money to charities on a monthly basis; however, I am a savvy shopper and have been able to donate to my local church, pantry, homeless organization, AND the military because of the wonderful deals P&G has provided me with in the past. That being said, when I got your insert this morning and noticed the new verbiage on the coupons limiting me to using 4 of the same coupon per shopping trip, I was very upset. I am not sure of your motives, but I can tell you that I do not have the time to inconvenience cashiers or the people waiting on line behind me to do multiple transactions or return to a store several times in one week to purchase the quantity that I need. In the past, I have purchased 10+ P&G toothbrushes in a single transaction because my family of five needed them and the extras would go to be donated. I have been loyal to P&G because their coupons were so good in the past, but I wanted to let you know that I think this is a serious marketing blunder. I will be utilizing other manufacturers’ items now to fulfill my donation needs. I hope that you thought about how much brand exposure you got from people like myself who share our good deals with others. I am sure Kimberly Clark, Colgate, Unilever, and the other manufacturers will be very happy to see their sales boost and will thank you for this new verbiage that has turned off loyal customers like myself. I hope that you will reconsider this wording.

Email to other companies:

I am not sure if your Marketing Department is aware of the changes in P&G's coupon policies limiting the number of coupons a consumer can redeem in a transaction. As a consumer who uses coupons frequently to purchase for my extended family, donations to local food pantries, and our soldiers, I wanted to let you know that I am very unhappy with their change. As a result, you have gained a customer! Due to their changes I will be purchasing more of your products in the future. I appreciate your company not limiting me as to how many of an item I decide I need to purchase. I send items to deployed soldiers, and purchase a lot of health and beauty essentials that are needed by our soldiers, the homeless and the needy in our community. Coupons allow me to do this and also allow me to make others aware of your brand by exposing them to your products. Thank you for allowing me to continue to do these things without imposing limitations and making it harder for me to shop. I hope that as a result of this bad move on P&G’s part that you see an increase in sales and counteract their stance by offering more coupons for consumers who shop for similar reasons. I am unsure why they would take such a stance in this tough economy, but I wanted to let you know that their loss is your gain in the couponing community. You can use this blunder on their part as an opportunity to entice people like myself to purchase more of your products. I have already been pointing out these things to other friends and family, whom I believe will no longer be inclined to purchase P&G products as a result. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by jenlovestoteach; 09-26-2010 at 09:04 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jenlovestoteach For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2010, 09:00 AM

Shopping for Bargains!

My Mood/Status:
scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!scamelo has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I love what you wrote, and its so true! The bean counters are not thinking. Even though I rarely shop P&G items, Do you mind if I copy a few portions of this for me to email them. Won't be just copy and paste, but I think you have some good points.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:02 AM

coupon clippin'
"Hi, my name is Jennifer and I am addicted to AFC"

My Mood/Status:
jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jenlovestoteach has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scamelo View Post
I love what you wrote, and its so true! The bean counters are not thinking. Even though I rarely shop P&G items, Do you mind if I copy a few portions of this for me to email them. Won't be just copy and paste, but I think you have some good points.

Absolutely! I think if we inundate them with reasons why this is a bad idea, maybe they'll reconsider? Focus on the good we were able to do when they didn't restrict our q use
Old 09-26-2010, 09:03 AM

Shopping for Bargains!

My Mood/Status:
Can we start an email list of companies that tend to put out alot of coupons ( including IP's) so we can all email them. I am so up for this.

I am throwing my DD a small birthday party today in 2 hours, so I won't have time but will be adding emails to this later.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:48 PM

phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post

can you clarify this paperwork that they don't have to pay tax?

as to drugstore sales like WAG or CVS this is welcome change to most shoppers if store can/will implement it. There will be a drop and possible end to special orders by the cases/crates that are paid strictly with coupons by flea market and convinience store resellers. If they insist to make the drugstore as their suppliers, at least they'd have to work harder. Then it means there will be chances for everyone to buy some.
Generally, resalers have paperwork showing their tax exempt status they are required to present at each purchase.

This is why I am in favor of these new limits. I feel 4 of each coupon is generous, and will keep shelf clearers to a minimum. More can enjoy the deals, and not have to deal with an empty shelf.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phoenixjean1 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2010, 04:44 PM

MS-ing 4 another trip : )
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixjean1 View Post
Generally, resalers have paperwork showing their tax exempt status they are required to present at each purchase.

This is why I am in favor of these new limits. I feel 4 of each coupon is generous, and will keep shelf clearers to a minimum. More can enjoy the deals, and not have to deal with an empty shelf.
thanks for the info but I doubt that this tax-exempt status is applicable for purchases at drugstores or box stores where people buy in bulk but pay retail. Won't retailers violate agreement with manufacturers once they sell in bulk while taking coupons as mode of payment?

if it will be for the good of majority, I am not opposed to these verbiage in PG coupons.

we will have to observe if it will be accepted by majority or not; if PG items suddenly take a dip in sales, they may revert back to what it was before.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!russman4 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Actually the new wording on these coupons reflect P&G redemption policies since January of this year, under "Terms of Proper Coupon Redemption". So I would doubt any consumer complaints will really change anything.

If you read it, you can see that it really is meant more as a means of making retailers follow suite, thereby "cracking down" on couponers who purchase "larger than normal quantities" of items. Of course they don't define "larger than normal", but they will refuse a retailer's ENTIRE redemption batch of coupons if they feel "coupons were used to purchase products for resale and not for individual consumer use" based on "excessive or larger than normal quantities of coupons in single OR MULTIPLE transactions." (see # 9 and #26) So if a subgroup of coupons are like this, they can deny ALL the coupons the retailer is redeeming in his batch if they so choose.

Perhaps they feel a quantity of 4 would be considered the top of the acceptable range???

They really can't do anything about resellers or hoarders because there is no law against it, so it doesn't surprise me that they are taking the indirect route by forcing retailers to curtail large coupon usage per item in this manner.
The link to this pdf file is: