People That Sell Inserts...PLEASE Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 07:45 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
People that sell inserts...PLEASE read

I PMed someone that posted they sell inserts but so far I've not heard anything back in regards to prices, etc...basically what I was trying to determine if it would be more cost effective to buy inserts vs buying papers..among my questions I asked were:

On average, how many inserts could I expect to receive weekly if my budget is $8 or less per week? my sister and I usually buy 4 papers ($2.00 each) from 2 different larger cities in neighboring states...quite often one paper gets the Marcal and the other one does not!

Could they tell me how quickly I would get my inserts? I live in Southeastern VA on the VA/NC line

Do they disclose which coupons will be sent as I know at times some coupons are regional

If anyone offers this type of service or uses a service of this type, please PM me at your earliest convenience...thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to gdaniel5 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:49 AM

RE: People that sell inserts...PLEASE read

My Mood/Status:
maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!maryccc has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't sell them but I buy them and love doing it. I use to buy 10 papers for $20 and would get crappy coupons and now I buy 30 inserts for around $12 and get some great ones.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:52 AM

My Mood/Status:
nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!nonniepooh has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
My Dollar Tree sells Sunday papers, so if I think the Q's are great that week I will go buy mulitples.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:18 AM

Lift while you climb
Aldi Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I don't sell them, but can answer your questions generally from my experience buying them.

They usually cost $.20-.35 each from sellers on AFC.
For an $8.00 budget, figure $5.00 for shipping if you're buying whole inserts, so you'd be able to get about 12 inserts.
Even if you get multiple papers that have multiple inserts each week, for the number, you'd probably do better ordering them with an $8 budget. Say that locally there are 2 inserts per paper each week. You'd get just 8 inserts-- compared to the 12-- if you bought the papers. Exceptions are when there are more than 2 inserts. Like the great weeks when there are SS, RP, and P&G all in one. Then it's probably better to buy locally.

If knowing which coupons are included is important, be sure to buy from somebody who posts a list in their FSOT post. Then you don't have to waste the back and forth time asking.

Time for delivery will depend on where they live and how quickly they ship. Orders I've had have come as quickly as 2 days and some have not been shipped until 4-5 days after I paid, making them get delivered about 10 days after I've paid. If timeliness is important, and it often is because you want to use them for a specific sale, ask ahead of time how quickly they can ship from the time you pay. By the same token, the usps is not always quick and their own delays within the system can cause mail to arrive later than expected.

HTH

DELTA region for Kroger stores

Are you looking for a way to give back to this great community?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tratra For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2010, 04:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
revav has posted more than 150 good deals!revav has posted more than 150 good deals!
As someone who buys, but doesn't sell inserts, to me its important to know what state the person selling is from, both in terms of shipping times & what coupons they are likely to have. I happen to live close enough to $1DBL area that for me, getting the higher $1off coupons out of Florida or Pennsylvania really pays off. I have one regular person I order from all time, to keep my cost down, I don't have them shipped every week as there are not always sales right away I need them for. This is particularly helpful if there is only one insert some weekends. I agree that some weekends it can be useful to get papers locally, but only if you have a good local paper...we don't & I don't want pay the higher price for the next city over (if I'm in the next city & near a Dollar Tree, that's another story-).

Sometimes I order several weeks worth of back inserts at one time, particularly when the price starts to drop but when the coupons are still good. Its another way to stretch your couponing dollar & your postage dollar too. My goal is to try to fill my envie as much as possible, if I can-
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to revav For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2010, 04:57 AM

MSing for another luxury trip :)
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
as a buyer, make sure to ask for a list, if not the link on what's on seller's inserts AND IF the inserts are intact/complete without ANY coupon taken out of them. they can give you a link with all the hot coupons you thought you will find in the inserts ONLY to be disappointed they have all been taken out that is why they are selling it at a bargain.

in the past, there were cases where seller didn't say that she took out ALL the hot coupons in the inserts and was just selling what's left of it that she didn't want

IF the price is TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, it is best to ask before closing the deal OR you may end up buying inserts filled with ads and no coupons OR many coupons have already been taken out of them. LOWEST price is not always the best depending on what you're looking for. JMO.

ISO: Enfamil/Enfagrow homemailer checks, recently expired okay. PM to trade. Thanks!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2010, 07:49 PM

cheerful

My Mood/Status:
lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lutherandj has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I use to buy papers at the Dollar Tree, but then it got really inconvenient - I have in the past bought inserts from Ebay and most of the time the sellers list what is in the inserts. I was disappointed a few times as what I really wanted wasn't in the insert that I ordered and I could have just bought extra regional papers to get what I need.

Lately, i'm just buying the coupons that I need and not the whole insert.

I also find additional inserts in the paper retriever bins when I drop off my recycled papers. I also have a few neighbors that save me their inserts. You'd be surprised how many people just don't want to be bothered with coupons and are just as happy to give you those inserts.

I have a colleague at my work who saves me her inserts. She takes out what she needs and gives me what she doesn't. Usually that's the RED PLUM and P&G which they took out of our papers a year and a half ago and I just love it when she does that. My boss occassionally says to me 'Let us know what else we can do for you'. last time he said that, I got my own office with a door instead of a cubicle. I'm ready to tell him next time, "I'll take your Sunday coupon inserts".

Last edited by lutherandj; 09-15-2010 at 07:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lutherandj For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2010, 07:56 PM

I have Tena coupons plus more..PM ME ( No...

My Mood/Status:
couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!couponaddicted has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniepooh View Post
My Dollar Tree sells Sunday papers, so if I think the Q's are great that week I will go buy mulitples.
That's where I buy my papers at too
Old 09-15-2010, 08:11 PM

My Mood/Status:
gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!gdaniel5 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thanks for all that responded to this post as well as PMed me...still debating which way to go for the best outcome...I'm curious how people get extreme numbers of the inserts as no one could possibly have that many friends/neighbors saving them. I'm talking about websites that have a large business selling inserts, etc....do they buy directly from RedPlum and SmartSource?
Old 09-15-2010, 08:32 PM

Lift while you climb
Aldi Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!tratra has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
If I may hi-jack your thread for a moment, since you've probably got the attention of a lot of coupon sellers on here.

If you're a seller and use flat rate envelopes,
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put the inserts into a plastic BAG (large ziploc, a grocery store bag, a trashbag) and tape it closed before inserting them into the envelope.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tape the envelope so that the edges can not explode.
The cost of a roll of packing tape will be much less than the cost for replacing or refunding for a stack of inserts the customer doesn't get. There is also free priority mail tape available at most post offices.
Please put a note in the envelope to let the person know who the coupons are coming from.

I received some flat rates recently. One was completely torn open along the side edge from where it was jam-packed with loose inserts and exploded while it was being handled. The only part that was reinforced was the flap with the sticky strip on it. The others had a similar number of inserts and all the edges were taped closed. They arrived safe and sound.

Thanks! Back to your regularly scheduled program.

DELTA region for Kroger stores

Are you looking for a way to give back to this great community?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tratra For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2010, 01:42 PM

MSing for another luxury trip :)
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdaniel5 View Post
I'm talking about websites that have a large business selling inserts, etc....do they buy directly from RedPlum and SmartSource?
one of them I know works as a subcontractor for a paper company. she gets all inserts from unsold papers in her route and that is what she sells on the side. since she's an independent contractor, IDK if she has to pay or she gets credit for those that aren't sold just by returning portions of them while getting all inserts for resale on ebay.

ISO: Enfamil/Enfagrow homemailer checks, recently expired okay. PM to trade. Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post: