Saturday Star Tribune - Missing Coupons??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 11:43 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

HeidiG has posted more than 50 good deals
Help Sign Saturday Star Tribune - Missing Coupons??

I have been to many gas stations and stores in my area looking for a newspaper with both the Red Plum AND the SmartSource coupons. All the places I have stopped at either have one or the other of the inserts or none at all.

I'm from Centerville and have looked in Centerville, Hugo, White Bear Township & Shoreview. No luck.

Anyone else having this experience today? If you have found papers with both supplements in them would you mind sharing where you are finding them?

Thank you!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HeidiG For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 11-14-2009, 12:07 PM

RE: Saturday Star Tribune - Missing Coupons??

becd has posted more than 50 good deals
I was just coming to post this...found only one insert at the 3 Holidays and Cub in Shakopee...very disappointed! Anyone having any luck...I was expecting 3 inserts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to becd For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 12:16 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
carissadenn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!carissadenn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!carissadenn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!carissadenn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!carissadenn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!carissadenn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!carissadenn has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I live in Hugo and had this problem too. I ended up buying one Star Tribune and one Pioneer Press to get all the inserts/ ads.

This is the first time I have had an issue since they switched to $0.50 early edition though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carissadenn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 02:07 PM

is doing happy dance

My Mood/Status:
bbqgal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bbqgal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bbqgal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bbqgal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bbqgal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bbqgal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bbqgal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!bbqgal has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Are we talking about 50cent one or the premier 1 dollar one?
The Following User Says Thank You to bbqgal For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 02:21 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!*Jackie* has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
yep, both my Cub, Dollar Store and Wags only had one insert And, they didn't even have the Cub ad in them. Last week I was spoiled to have the Target ad in them! I am very disappointed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My family of four: Jackie & Brian
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Kai
Parker
and Mollie
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Jackie* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqgal View Post
Are we talking about 50cent one or the premier 1 dollar one?
The Star Tribune started putting out a Saturday paper with the Sunday inserts instead of the "early Sunday edition". This new Saturday paper is .50
The Following User Says Thank You to HeidiG For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 02:44 PM

Sounds like this may be a problem throughout the cities. Bummer.

Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 11-14-2009, 02:51 PM

My Mood/Status:
priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!priscillamylove has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am missing the Cub ad, no Target ad & only the Red Plum insert from Holiday Gas Station.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to priscillamylove For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 02:55 PM

byktrash has posted more than 100 good deals!byktrash has posted more than 100 good deals!
Fridley had nada!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to byktrash For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 04:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
chasindeals has posted more than 200 great deals!chasindeals has posted more than 200 great deals!chasindeals has posted more than 200 great deals!
I was so excited when they were promoted this and after 4 weeks I have yet to find any papers with inserts in them. Every Saturday I try several different stores in my area and nada. So I just end up buying the regular Star Trib on Sundays anyways. So disappointing. I think I am going to send the Star Trib and email about this now that I am fired up again. LOL
Old 11-14-2009, 04:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
FortyNFun has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FortyNFun has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FortyNFun has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FortyNFun has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FortyNFun has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FortyNFun has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I found only the Red Plum in the Star Tribune Newspapers in my area. I was at the coupon meeting today at Byerly's in Minnetonka and bought two of the St. Paul Pioneer Press for $1.00 and all three inserts were there as well as the Cub ad - pretty good deals this week on potatos, butter and veggies.

The RedPlum from the Pioneer Press does not have all of the coupons that the one from the Star Tribune has (for example, the Star Tribune had Skippy Peanut Butter and Ragu coupons - already used these today to price match at Target (Cub and Rainbow Ads). The three inserts that I received were RedPlum, SmartSource and General Mills.

Aargh!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FortyNFun For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 05:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
cheeks70 has posted more than 10 good deals
Hi Iam in Forest Lake and checked Cub and SA and they didn't have coupons either. I really think Iam going to call Star Tribune and complain.The papers I checked didn't even have a Cub ad. Very frustrating.
The Following User Says Thank You to cheeks70 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 05:37 PM

My Mood/Status:
BarbaraAnnis#1 has posted more than 75 good deals!
I think that Star Tribune is not getting more coupon inserts even though they are selling more papers! This problem of the missing coupons really escalated when they started offering the 50 cent paper on Saturday. Just my humble op ................
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BarbaraAnnis#1 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 06:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!zmique has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I had the same problem went to many Walgreens and CVS either had none in them or just Red Plum. Very upsetting. Since they changed the price I have had so many problems. Last week I finally did find some papers with both but still had to go to many stores to find them. The papers I found did not have Cub or Rainbow ad. I was in Mounds View and Blaine and Coon Rapids.
The Following User Says Thank You to zmique For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 06:28 PM

Matt Kenseth - my new favorite driver!
Join the Welcome Wagon!

My Mood/Status:
DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!DebB831 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
The number to call and the person to ask for is in the first post of this thread in the Minnesota Deals forum. http://www.afullcup.com/forums/minne...pons-trib.html

I don't know if it will get us anywhere to complain as apparently, they are not guarentee'ing (sp?) coupons to be in them from what they told others. So much for getting a better deal...
and to be considered for the Buddy and/or Welcome Wagon Team!

The Following User Says Thank You to DebB831 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 07:11 PM

My Mood/Status:
rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I looked at Cub tonight and the papers were totally ripped apart. I had no idea what went where. UGH.
The Following User Says Thank You to rtgunderson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 08:07 PM

puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
There doesn't seem to be a consistent "place" to get all the inserts. Last week Bobby & Steve's had all the inserts, this week they did not. I went to 3 Walgreens and a Holiday after that, all Wags had slim inserts, no coupons even...Holiday had RP and SS (no GM) and all the sales ads.
The Following User Says Thank You to puddin head For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 08:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
LRoghair has posted more than 400 great deals!LRoghair has posted more than 400 great deals!LRoghair has posted more than 400 great deals!LRoghair has posted more than 400 great deals!LRoghair has posted more than 400 great deals!
I've had the same problem. I've had it with the Sunday paper recently too. It's so irritating. I now the Pioneer Press never has the good coupons as it's not a "preferred" paper. I have found that the home delivery has the coupons, but that's the only one I can count on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LRoghair For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 09:32 PM

wish I could choose more than 1 emotion
Always looking for more energy and time

My Mood/Status:
mskeno1959 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mskeno1959 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mskeno1959 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mskeno1959 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mskeno1959 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mskeno1959 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mskeno1959 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I called Star-Tribune today because this is the 3rd week in a row that the early Sunday edition, that costs .50 cents, about the coupons missing (went to CVS, WAGS & CUB). Was told that the early edition was more popular than expected and they haven't been receiving enough copies. However, by the first of the year they will ALL be in the early edition. Also told me there are about 8 stores that don't want their ads in the early Sunday edition. A couple of them were: Target, Rainbow & Cub and some others. HTH. St Paul papers have both, however, less coupons than Mpls so I don't waste my money, just get on Sunday.

Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidiG View Post
I have been to many gas stations and stores in my area looking for a newspaper with both the Red Plum AND the SmartSource coupons. All the places I have stopped at either have one or the other of the inserts or none at all.

I'm from Centerville and have looked in Centerville, Hugo, White Bear Township & Shoreview. No luck.

Anyone else having this experience today? If you have found papers with both supplements in them would you mind sharing where you are finding them?

Thank you!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mskeno1959 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskeno1959 View Post
I called Star-Tribune today because this is the 3rd week in a row that the early Sunday edition, that costs .50 cents, about the coupons missing (went to CVS, WAGS & CUB). Was told that the early edition was more popular than expected and they haven't been receiving enough copies. However, by the first of the year they will ALL be in the early edition. Also told me there are about 8 stores that don't want their ads in the early Sunday edition. A couple of them were: Target, Rainbow & Cub and some others. HTH. St Paul papers have both, however, less coupons than Mpls so I don't waste my money, just get on Sunday.

Robin
Great information. Thank you!
Old 11-15-2009, 07:39 AM

andyhockey99 has posted more than 200 great deals!andyhockey99 has posted more than 200 great deals!andyhockey99 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskeno1959 View Post

Robin
Weird that CUB doesn't want their ad in the early edition. From my experience for the last several years, they've ALWAYS had their ad in the Sunday early edition that would sell on Saturday. Someone has even posted in the past that their cub starts the Sunday sales on Saturday because the ad comes out. I think they are just saying those things because the ads weren't in there. Target, I can see that because the ad in the early edition use to be very very rare.

I went to a couple of stores in the SW and in the NW part of the cities and found ONE paper with the RP. No cub, no rainbow, no other inserts. I did get the Rainbow in the mail at my house, but I did want to see cub.

And I also find it hard to believe they are having trouble keeping up with demand, I think they are just trying to say stuff to get customers to feel bad for them. Everywhere I went yesterday had piles of papers (and I checked the NW around 1:00pm), probably because there were no ads.Seriously, if you were, SOMEONE would get the inserts. It seems as if no one is getting them.
The Following User Says Thank You to andyhockey99 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 09:19 AM

puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!puddin head has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I don't believe them when they say Target, Cub and Rainbow don't want their ads in because when I find papers with all the q's they usually have all the inserts as well..including all the above. they need to get their act together!
The Following User Says Thank You to puddin head For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 10:31 AM

wish I could choose more than 1 emotion
Always looking for more energy and time

My Mood/Status:
mskeno1959 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mskeno1959 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mskeno1959 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mskeno1959 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mskeno1959 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mskeno1959 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!mskeno1959 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
When I called I asked strictly about the .50 paper not the full early edition that they use to do. When I would purchase the Early edition prev alot of the ads weren't in there either, like Target, Rainbow, Cub and inserts were also a hit or miss type thing. However, if I purchased later in the day Sat which was the full edition all ads/inserts would be in there. I think the .50 paper is different than the prev Early edition. Like I said he listed off 8 stores that requested their ads not be included in the .50 paper. Also they always make sure that home delivered papers take priority to in store papers. In other words if they run out of an ad the home delivered papers will get the completed and rejects go to the stores. This is from someone I know who works in the newspaper industry. St Paul paper Early Sunday edition may be different because you would be paying full price and get crappy q's. Quite honestly, it makes sense to me. As we all know no one wants to over estimate anything so they go with the bare minimum until they know how well it goes off with the public. They also asked my opinion about the .50 paper, told them once everything came together will be a great idea and moneysaver. Maybe someone else can call and see if they get the same answer or a different one than me. I give everyone/thing the benefit of the doubt until I learn or hear otherwise. If it's true they are leading me on then I will decide if I want to continue to purchase their paper or get my inserts elsewhere at that time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mskeno1959 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 10:55 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!superk has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I hate the new drama that has come about with the saturday paper having q.'s. Might be stupid to say but I would rather go back to the old method and get all my q.'s. haha

Kim
The Following User Says Thank You to superk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2009, 10:59 AM

My Mood/Status:
rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!rtgunderson has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Dollar tree had all the inserts today, I was thrilled!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtgunderson For This Useful Post: