Organizing Your Coupons?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 09:57 AM
is certainly sneezy today!

My Mood/Status:
athombert has posted more than 50 good deals
Help Sign Organizing Your Coupons?

I'm in need of help, fellow couponers. When I started couponing, I was using a cheap little accordion organizer from the dollar store, but I've since graduated to a 1" binder with fifteen dividers and baseball card organizer sheets. My coupon cup overfloweth! I can't seem to find enough spaces for all my coupons.

I think it's time to move up again to a larger binder with more dividers. What size is too cumbersome to take to the store? Has anyone had luck with the old school zipper-side binders, like Trapper Keepers? I should've thought of upgrading when all the back to school sales were going on and binders were cheaper, but we were renovating our new house and everything else got put on the back burner. Also, best place to buy more baseball card sheets? I think I paid $3/10 at Staples, and I shudder to think about buying any more at that price. Any tips appreciated! :-)
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-03-2009, 10:03 AM

RE: Organizing Your Coupons?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Being shaped by the Master's hand

My Mood/Status:
couponmom1956 has posted more than 75 good deals!
I love the Trapper Keeper! It is a little cumbersome, but worth it to me. Also, I purchased my baseball card holders at Wal-Mart but can't remember how much they cost...sorry.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:05 AM

Finally got my q's organized!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!mochamom25 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I bought some baseball pages at WalMart for $5.XX. I used all those up and needed more so I got a pack at Target for $5.XX. The quality of the ones at Target is soooo much nicer in my opinion. There were 30 pages in the pack.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:10 AM

happy

My Mood/Status:
JSut01 has posted more than 150 good deals!JSut01 has posted more than 150 good deals!
I also use the baseball card pages, but I have mine in a 3 ring binder. It is wonderful.
The baseball pages hold each coupon so nicely, they are esay to read and take out when you want to use them. I have mine sorted by product name alphabetically. This works the best for me. Hope this helps.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
mbchic2004 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mbchic2004 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mbchic2004 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mbchic2004 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mbchic2004 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mbchic2004 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mbchic2004 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mbchic2004 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mbchic2004 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mbchic2004 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I've found that a CD Organizer is better than the baseball card holders, lots more space! I got a little zipper pouch in the front for a pen and scissors, and a notebook in the back. And it all zips up. I love it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Abigail
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Hannah
Old 11-03-2009, 04:13 PM

is certainly sneezy today!

My Mood/Status:
athombert has posted more than 50 good deals
Thanks for the Target pages tip. Unfortunately, we moved from St. Louis with plenty of great stores, to West Central Illinois, with NO TARGET! :-( I'll have to pick some sheets up the next time we're down visiting family.

Also, I like the CD organizer idea! Very inventive! I'll have to keep my eye out for one on clearance.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:15 PM

Barbara34 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Barbara34 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Barbara34 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Barbara34 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Barbara34 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Barbara34 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Barbara34 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Barbara34 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Barbara34 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Barbara34 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSut01 View Post
I also use the baseball card pages, but I have mine in a 3 ring binder. It is wonderful.
The baseball pages hold each coupon so nicely, they are esay to read and take out when you want to use them. I have mine sorted by product name alphabetically. This works the best for me. Hope this helps.
That's where I am now. I thought I'd really hit the big time when I bought a little accordion thing like has been mentioned here. Although it was easy to take with me, I hated using it and never could find anything because I filed by category. I wasn't consistent in my thinking, i.e., is ice cream dairy product? frozen? dessert? snack?

Then I went to binder filed by month so I could easily take the month out when it is over. Not as easy to find coupons there either, because I needed to know when it expired. Lots of references would be to which insert it was in, which didn't help at all. I separated out P&G into its own binder, and put things for WAGS in its own binder, but still had three binders let over, making five total.

Then I decided to go to the alpha sort and saved tons of room. I'm down to three binders now and everything is extremely easy to find. I haven't reached the end of the month yet, but figure I can take my time in removing them. I'd rather be able to find them quickly and remove at my leisure.