Have You Ever Won A Contest?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2009, 06:02 AM
is getting the hang of this...

chimpmandee has posted more than 75 good deals!
Have you ever won a contest?

I mean a contest related to a purchase, like "Win a trip to Vegas" on a cereal box, or "Win a $500 Target giftcard for completing our survey" ???

These things are all over the place, but I've never heard of a real person winning one. Maybe you have? Tell us about it!

BTW Mods, if there is a better place for this thread, please move it - thanks!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-19-2009, 10:42 AM

RE: Have you ever won a contest?

Commited Penny Pincher
Frugal Crazy

2014 YTD Savings: $205.15
My Mood/Status:
CuppyCake has posted more than 300 great deals!CuppyCake has posted more than 300 great deals!CuppyCake has posted more than 300 great deals!CuppyCake has posted more than 300 great deals!
I Actually Won $300 Dollars From A Family Dollar Sweepstakes. I Think I Scared All My Neighbors With All The oowhoo Screaming Coming From My House.

Super Savings this year $70 in free video games
& $423.17 in general

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to CuppyCake For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2009, 05:09 PM

is getting the hang of this...

chimpmandee has posted more than 75 good deals!
Wow, a real contest winner! $300 is no laughing matter, either! I would have been screaming too!

So just one winner? Seems like of the hundreds of people who come here every day, there should be more. I know I sure as heck am not one of them!
Old 08-19-2009, 07:22 PM

Getting ready for March Madness 🏀
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Drea has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Well I never won anything, but I'am glad ""cuppycake"" did, thats great...
Old 08-21-2009, 12:51 PM

too blessed to be stressed

My Mood/Status:
catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I guess this is what you mean

My mother won a Cruise from Campbells Soup. It was online. One of those contests that they have on their sites. This was about 5 years ago and since she did not want to go on a cruise....she gave it to me. My daughter, her best friend, me and my best friend who I had not seen for over 10 years (we lived on oppsite sides of the country!) got to go. Ofcourse I had to pay the taxes due and all....but it was worth it! I had never been on a cruise and this was 4 days to the Bahamas. And - this was especially wonderful for me...because 6 months later my friend was dead. So I am so glad that I got to see her even if it was just for 4 days!

When I was in elementary school...I won a brand new Schwinn bike. This was from Jack in the Box restaurants. It was an art contest and you had to "create" something that best described Jack in the Box - do not remember the exact details...but it was creative! And I got to go to our local store and pick this out! I had never had a new bike....as I always got my sisters hand me downs! This was COOL. A pink StingRay with sparkly banana seat and those tassle things coming out of the handlebars! Was I stylying or what????

And I also won Tickets to see the Oakland A's baseball team. I was in elementary school and we lived in a neighboring town. I do not even remember who sponsored this but it was quite exciting. My dad took me and we got to go on the field beforehand and meet the players, etc. Then ofcourse there was the GAME. This was 40+ years ago and I can still tell you what I wore that day!

My mother is the lucky one tho. She has won lots of things over the years and I remember one big prize when I was little was a brand new Hoover vacuum. We must have never had a "fancy" one cause I can still remember what this looked like! This was Top of the Line!