Sunday Supplements Coming In Mail Now Not Sunday Papers. How Will This Affect You?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 06:53 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

lynn226 has posted more than 200 great deals!lynn226 has posted more than 200 great deals!lynn226 has posted more than 200 great deals!
News Sunday Supplements coming in mail now not Sunday papers. How will this affect you?

Hi all,
On Thursday, in our mails weekly ad section I found the Red Plum and P&G inserts. I thought great more coupons! NOT. They were not in the Sunday paper so I called my newspaper company. They said they no longer distribute those ads. I called the number on the Red Plum Ad from Thursday and sure enough. The woman said they want to reach more people and all areas will eventually be getting their supplements in the mail. I told her I purposely subscribed to 3 newspapers (same edition) so I could get more coupons and how could I get more. She said no way unless I get them from neighbors. So now I will have less coupons and I will give less to the food pantry since I buy alot for them with the extra coupons. I can't imagine how this will affect coupon clipping services. The woman at Red Plum did take my name as she said they are keeping track of the complaints. Smartsource was in the paper. This is in Wisconsin so I don't know the time line for everyone else.
Lynn
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 08-03-2009, 07:03 PM

RE: Sunday Supplements coming in mail now not Sunday papers. How will this affect you?

Offline July 20 thru 27
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I feel for ya'll experiencing this now. What comes to mind is,

Some good things never last...

I'm preparing myself if one of these days we get the same announcement. I just know couponing will never be the same again without the Sunday inserts. Dumpster diving of neighbors trash is unthinkable here nor rummaging through PO trash bins.

Meanwhile I console my buddies affected that I will share with them my insert source and make sure they get the coupons I get so we can enjoy the deals.

For now, I'll enjoy it while it last. When its taken away, I'll accept it and muster enough courage to say thanks for the best times
Old 08-04-2009, 09:06 PM

RE: Sunday Supplements coming in mail now not Sunday papers. How will this affect you?

My Mood/Status:
carriagehouse1 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carriagehouse1 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carriagehouse1 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carriagehouse1 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carriagehouse1 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carriagehouse1 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carriagehouse1 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carriagehouse1 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carriagehouse1 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carriagehouse1 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!carriagehouse1 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Bummer we already get very few good coupons here in the south so ebay and coupons masters are a constant source for me
The Following User Says Thank You to carriagehouse1 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2009, 09:11 PM

Your trojan's in my head...
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
fredysmama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!fredysmama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!fredysmama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!fredysmama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!fredysmama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!fredysmama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!fredysmama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!fredysmama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!fredysmama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!fredysmama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!fredysmama has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I saw this on the Red Plum website and I entered my zip code, and it said I can get mine from the Sunday paper still, so that's good, I'm sorry about your area, hopefully it doesnt happen everywhere because it really would change couponing forever

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ashleigh----> (Almost) Wife to Alfredo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Mama to Freddy (6)

I'm pretty sure I sold my soul to Target somewhere along the way....
Old 08-04-2009, 09:15 PM

memories2keep1976 has posted more than 150 good deals!memories2keep1976 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Well then maybe they should do a mailing as in you can request more to be mailed to you and there be a fee for that. Since a lot of people purchase the sunday paper JUST FOR THE COUPONS. It might be smart move on their part. I know I had gotten them in the mail and was excited. However I do like to get extras as well when I know that there are good coupons out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn226 View Post
Hi all,
On Thursday, in our mails weekly ad section I found the Red Plum and P&G inserts. I thought great more coupons! NOT. They were not in the Sunday paper so I called my newspaper company. They said they no longer distribute those ads. I called the number on the Red Plum Ad from Thursday and sure enough. The woman said they want to reach more people and all areas will eventually be getting their supplements in the mail. I told her I purposely subscribed to 3 newspapers (same edition) so I could get more coupons and how could I get more. She said no way unless I get them from neighbors. So now I will have less coupons and I will give less to the food pantry since I buy alot for them with the extra coupons. I can't imagine how this will affect coupon clipping services. The woman at Red Plum did take my name as she said they are keeping track of the complaints. Smartsource was in the paper. This is in Wisconsin so I don't know the time line for everyone else.
Lynn
Old 08-04-2009, 09:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
TexasMom has posted more than 300 great deals!TexasMom has posted more than 300 great deals!TexasMom has posted more than 300 great deals!TexasMom has posted more than 300 great deals!
I agree that some good things will come to an end. DH is the "paper boy" for the Dallas Morning News and they are cutting jobs left and right and don't even think the paper will be here in December!!!

So now is the time to stock up like crazy, take advantage of every deal!!!

I feel for you and I'm dreading the day I don't have as many cpns I need to feed my WHOLE family.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:51 PM

Supporting Member since Aug 16th 2010

My Mood/Status:
peek69 has posted more than 75 good deals!
I think the paper companies will be surprised to find out how many papers were being sold just for the coupons.... maybe not. They just want the paper sold. That makes one more reason not to buy the paper. I can't believe the paper let that deal go.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:09 PM

is thankful for holidays that bring family home

My Mood/Status:
brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!brook6 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
the papers are struggling, so if they raised their ad rates or offered smaller subscription/distribution, companies like RP/SS will be looking for other ways to get to more people
-
- - Brook6 - -
-
-
- -

> - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - > - >
-
Old 08-04-2009, 10:50 PM

apple cinnamon cheerios. :D
coupon cutie. :)

My Mood/Status:
misslucy88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!misslucy88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!misslucy88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!misslucy88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!misslucy88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!misslucy88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!misslucy88 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I am a college student, and the only way I can get coupons IS from the Sunday Paper, so I will be utilizing lots of coupon clipping sites to get my inserts, which is a same, but I have to do it (it's now an addiction..haha).
Old 08-06-2009, 07:23 PM

is the best member ever!!
I love NKOTB!!!

My Mood/Status:
cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!cjs123123 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I live in east troy wi and I found the same problem. it sucks!!! I called the janesville gezette(Sp) and they still have the coupons in it and they deliever it to my area. $1 a paper too, that is what I was paying at the dollar tree. I am just scared if I order the paper what if they do the same thing???? I was peeee off. I called and was like this isnt right.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:27 PM

Check out the PIF threads!

My Mood/Status:
crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I would think that it would be more expensive to mail coupons to every household. And by not having coupons in the Sunday paper, it would be a blow to newpapers. I usually purchase 2 every Sunday for the coupons. I would eliminate that purchase if the coupon inserts were not there.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:34 PM

Offline July 20 thru 27
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I think inserts will not be pulled out soon in our papers. I just got a flyer in the mail where they are advertising,

do you know our readers saved $5525 last year by using coupons in the paper?

if they will use the inserts/coupons as a bait for people to subscribe, they better not pull out the inserts or people will complain of bait n switch.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:39 PM

My Mood/Status:
helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!helenpooh has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Wow... That's horrible.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:44 PM

Check out the PIF threads!

My Mood/Status:
crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!crosscountrysoccermom has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I get a 2 page redplum on Mondays, that contains the Kroger Ad, Aco and local pizza coupons. It has no insert coupons. Those of you that are getting the insert coupons mailed to you, what kind of an area are you in? country? city? I've seen our newspaper advertise the coupon savings that are in it also.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:16 AM

donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!donnaval has posted more than 400 great deals!
Last week the Red Plum wrapover (no coupons) that comes with our local Pennysaver said we would be getting the Red Plum & P&G Brandsaver coupons in the mail from now on. We didn't get any this week! No P&G, no Red Plum. Red Plum stopped appearing in Western PA newspapers earlier this year. But we always got the P&G in the paper. Now, only SS. This is a real blow.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:20 AM

in Oklahoma!!!! :)

My Mood/Status:
blessedgirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!blessedgirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!blessedgirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!blessedgirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!blessedgirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!blessedgirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!blessedgirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!blessedgirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!blessedgirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!blessedgirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!blessedgirl has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
The redplum is no longer in the TulsaWorld for the Broken Arrow Ok. area. It comes on Tuesdays in the mail now.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:37 AM

too blessed to be stressed

My Mood/Status:
catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!catch22 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Drive RP just getting ready for the shutting down of more

I think RP is just trying to get a distribution system in place BEFORE all the newspapers go under. It makes sense. They see more papers close up every month....and they do not want to be caught without a system to distribute their insert. They are selling space and ads in these inserts and this is their "product". They cannot interest companies in paying for advertising if they cannot quote NUMBERS of how big their circulation is. It is a sad fact...at some point in the not so distant future...newspapers will be a thing of the past. I hate to see it...but it will happen. I hate to think of the time when we do not get inserts in our newspaper...but I know the time will come. Like others have said...let's enjoy it while we can. Coupons and trading went on long before the internet. (Believe me....I was there!) Methods change - but people are very resourceful and ingenious - who knows what the future holds for us??
Old 08-07-2009, 11:47 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mtdt3237 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mtdt3237 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mtdt3237 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mtdt3237 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mtdt3237 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mtdt3237 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mtdt3237 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
It's saving me from buying the sunday paper each week!
Old 08-07-2009, 11:51 AM

Goonies NEVER say die!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!bigshirley has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
What a pain....I guess I will have to get on and see if my area (TN) is doing this as well. I hope not yet.....
Old 08-07-2009, 11:51 AM

My Mood/Status:
RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
We used to get them in the mail and then it switched to the paper. Sometimes I would get 3 in my mailbox so if it changed back I would just talk to my mail lady and see if she can give me more.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:58 AM

Offline July 20 thru 27
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxieE View Post
We used to get them in the mail and then it switched to the paper. Sometimes I would get 3 in my mailbox so if it changed back I would just talk to my mail lady and see if she can give me more.
as far as I know, mail carriers DO NOT have liberty to put in other people's mailboxes mails that are NOT addressed to them.

isn't that a federal offense if they get other's ads/inserts to put in your mailbox?
Old 08-07-2009, 01:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!RoxieE has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
as far as I know, mail carriers DO NOT have liberty to put in other people's mailboxes mails that are NOT addressed to them.

isn't that a federal offense if they get other's ads/inserts to put in your mailbox?
When we were receiving them they did not have an address on them, they were just like what comes in the paper. The post office mass distributed them.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:06 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals

My Mood/Status:
railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!railroadmom has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
My sister works at a local gas station and gets me the leftover papers. Last Sunday 8/2 the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel only had the smartsource inserts and I told her there was supposed to be a redplum & p&g and none of the papers had them.

She informed me today that a note was left with them from the paper that they would no longer be putting those inserts in the Sunday paper. What a bummer! That's my main source for getting those coupons in our area. Would like to complain to the paper, but don't know who I would email.

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:22 AM

lynn226 has posted more than 200 great deals!lynn226 has posted more than 200 great deals!lynn226 has posted more than 200 great deals!
railroad mom,
This was not a decision made by the Journal. I called them and the rep said RP is no longer using them for distribution. I called RP and the rep said they are changing to the mail delivery so they can reach more people with the ads. She made it sound like all areas will eventually be getting the inserts in the mail. I asked a friend who is a mail carrier if she could save any extras. She said they are to be handed out to each address and they only get enough for 1 per address. She said was illegal and against post office regulations to take the extras from vacant property's for their own use and she won't jeopardize her job. I totally agreed with her. I checked the Red Plum website and there is a notice about the coupons coming in the mail and a place where you can put in your zip code to see where they are in your area. My daughter lives 70 miles from me in Madison WI and she still gets hers in the paper. IMHO I believe RP is not renewing their contracts with the local papers and going to mail delivery when their contracts expire. The rep did say that some areas will not get the coupons at all. It depends on how many coupons are used in that zipcode and if they are not being redeemed, they are not going to mail them there. It als takes five weeks after the post office notifies RP with all the addresses. My Mom lives in a condo in Sussex and did not get coupons in the mail. I called and they checked her address. RP said they only got notification of that area 7/5 so the coupons won't start until this week. No RP or P&G for her for over 2 weeks.