"No Other Coupon May Be Used With This Coupon"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2005, 08:01 PM
loves free groceries!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
"No other coupon may be used with this coupon"

How exactly do you interpret this phrase:

I was in Walgreens. I was buying (24) boxes of GM cereal. The ones that are 0.50 each. I had the following coupons:

(3) 0.50/1 GM cereal -- printable coupons
(3) $1/2 GM cereal -- printable coupons
(7) $1/2 GM cereal - Sunday insert coupons

Cashier rings up all (24) boxes. Total = $12.24
I hand her the (3) 0.50/1 GM printables. These are the coupons with the "No other coupon may be used with this coupon" printed on it.
She scans them in. No problem.
I hand her the (7) $1/2 GM Sunday insert coupons. She puts them on the counter and picks up the 0.50/1 GM printables and reads "No other coupon may be used with this coupon" aloud. Then she says, "You can't use any other coupons on this order."

HUH?

I explain that the wording means that I can't use 2 coupons on the same box of cereal. She says NO.

Then the manager joins us. She reads the "No other coupon may be used with this coupon" but she is puzzled as to what this could mean.

Then the cashier says, "I can't take those coupons" (pointing to the 7 Sunday insert GM coupons) "but I can take those other computer printed coupons." She takes the (3) $1/2 GM printable coupons and scans them. I then ask, "Um... why can you take those 3 but not these 7?"

Her reply? "Well, those are manufacturer coupons" (pointing to my 7 that have not been scanned yet)

So I calmly said, "The computer printed coupons are manufacturer coupons. I go to General Mills website for those. These are in my Sunday paper b/c General Mills wanted them there."

Manager is still puzzled; but real close to agreeing with the cashier.

Cashier takes my last (7) coupons and reads the fine print and then starts scanning and says, 'Oh... well, I guess if the register takes them...."

OK....WHY DID WE HAVE TO HAVE THIS CONVO IF YOU ARE GOING TO TAKE ALL THE *&!#*@&*&$&^*& COUPONS?????

Anywho, that is my store and I wondered what y'all thought of the phrase:

Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-30-2005, 08:07 PM

RE: "No other coupon may be used with this coupon"

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Gone crazy, be back later

ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!ladywine has posted more than 200 great deals!
Just to irritate you Lynda....that's why we have to have these conversations..., you have my sympathy, I have your teen titans robin costume....
Old 09-30-2005, 08:07 PM

ISO Expired RR or other $ off catalinas
Minnesota Get Together was the BEST!

My Mood/Status:
Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Kmchamplin has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
It just means that you can not stack one coupon on top of another coupon for the purchase of just one item. What morons!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:12 PM

loves free groceries!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladywine
Just to irritate you Lynda....that's why we have to have these conversations..., you have my sympathy, I have your teen titans robin costume....

I know I know.... and one day hopefully before 2006 I will get to VA

Tags
coupon