I Cant Print Any Coupons From Bricks.coupons.com UGH!!! HELP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 11:54 AM

RE: I cant print any coupons from bricks.coupons.com UGH!!! HELP

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

hscalum has posted more than 1 good deal
Update Update! Coupons.com called me back with solution.

I had to upgrade to Firefox 5, but copying the initial print coupon page link from the address bar on Safari to Firefox 5 worked flawlessly.

The rep also said that they are working diligently to fix the issue with Safari and hope to complete the work soon, since OS X Lion is due out any day.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:24 PM

hawksbill has posted more than 1 good deal
printing trouble...Let's Band Together!

I turned on my developer portion of Safari and watched the Javascript error console as I tried to print coupon.

I got this: Extra <html> encountered. Migrating attributes back to the original <html> element and ignoring the tag.
Install.asp:5<head> must be a child of <html>. Content ignored.

from what I read on the net, the first error means that the server that coupons.com is using to send coupons from has an error in their code. It means that the coupon .jpg they are trying to send is coming through as html code...or something like that. I sent them all of the info I could find on the subject that might help their tech team figure out the problem. Who knows if they will even care enough to try and fix it.

I'm so pissed off that these sites aren't making any effort to fix this. I've uninstalled my printer, my printer drivers, my browsers, plug ins, and everything else that everyone has suggested. Nothing has worked. This is an issue with their servers, as far as I can see. I even started emailing the companies of which I want coupons from. I told them about Mac users having trouble and that they should consider putting some pressure on these sites to fix the problem. Anyone else having this issue should do the same. Coupons printing from companies use bricks, etc. to send their coupons to our printers. If bricks won't fix it, maybe hounding the actual companies will do some good. I suggest you send friendly letters asking them to address the issue with bricks, smartsource and the like. Being nasty won't get us anywhere.

I love my mac, I love coupons, I love saving my family money, without these coupons, I cannot afford many of the name brand products.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:41 AM

My Mood/Status:
ringside0 has posted more than 25 good deals
I have the "fix" or "solution" that should work for Mac users. I actually received a call from a very nice Tech Support rep from coupons.com. He walked me through and we got Mac printing, but I have no idea what we did. I just clicked where and when he told me. A few days later, it would print from Bricks or Coupons.com and I decided that I would just give up on trying any longer. But a day or so later I received an email with the solution. I followed steps and print print print, no problem. It is rather long and I posted it on my site and covers both Mac and Windows PCs. Am I allowed to put a link here to that page?
Old 07-12-2011, 06:21 AM

My Mood/Status:
cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!cdmom has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
There is a thread dedicated to this very topic that may help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to cdmom For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2011, 07:16 AM

My Mood/Status:
ringside0 has posted more than 25 good deals
Hi cdmom. Thanks for the thread info. That thread doe not give the "fix" or "solution" for the problem that the people there are describing, which is happening to people by the thousands that are not posting here. That thread is excellent information if you are trying to use a coupon printing link that you had on one computer or browser, and then print it from another. It seems like that is what the post is aimed at. However, there is a software issue that is likely the culprit of the people who just simply can't print.

So, the sad thing about it that if people with the software issue wont find relief in that thread.

Oh well.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:49 PM

I would like this info, please.

I sent you a PM, but I think you should post the fix on here somewhere. People are in dire need of it. Thanks so much. Paige
The Following User Says Thank You to hawksbill For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2011, 12:17 AM

raiderette619 has posted more than 5 good deals
I'm also having problems printing from firefox and safari. If someone has a solution and could post it here that would be great!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:05 PM

annalbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringside0 View Post
I have the "fix" or "solution" that should work for Mac users. I actually received a call from a very nice Tech Support rep from coupons.com. He walked me through and we got Mac printing, but I have no idea what we did. I just clicked where and when he told me. A few days later, it would print from Bricks or Coupons.com and I decided that I would just give up on trying any longer. But a day or so later I received an email with the solution. I followed steps and print print print, no problem. It is rather long and I posted it on my site and covers both Mac and Windows PCs. Am I allowed to put a link here to that page?
Can you PM me the info or send me the link so I can fix this issue also?
Old 07-21-2011, 10:19 PM

Thank you. Will cross my fingers!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:51 PM

ktcatherinekd has posted more than 50 good deals
I had to download firefox browser for safari dosent support it
Old 07-25-2011, 04:44 PM

My Mood/Status:
Rheston has posted more than 25 good deals
I have windows on my desktop and up to a little over a month ago, I didn't have a problem printing from coupons.com but now, I can't get it tells me to install the printer. It won't install though. My computer says I have tried to install it 33 times now. I keep sending an email to coupons.com. They responded 1 time and said I needed to update my java. I have done this repeatedly, and it still doesn't work. I have tried to contact them again, and no response. Do I have any other recourse?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:50 PM

parisiguana
ringside. Can you give me your website address or the info to fix my mac?
Old 07-30-2011, 09:26 PM

Need info on whole inserts from great region
Aleasha

My Mood/Status:
akkbrowns has posted more than 25 good deals
Can u send me the link also tyia
Old 08-17-2011, 02:03 PM

My Mood/Status:
mandy5540 has posted more than 150 good deals!mandy5540 has posted more than 150 good deals!
ringside0 could you also send me the link? The is such a frustrating problem... but saving me money on ink.. TYIA!
Old 08-26-2011, 09:15 PM

JRemetta
Help Sign Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheston View Post
I have windows on my desktop and up to a little over a month ago, I didn't have a problem printing from coupons.com but now, I can't get it tells me to install the printer. It won't install though. My computer says I have tried to install it 33 times now. I keep sending an email to coupons.com. They responded 1 time and said I needed to update my java. I have done this repeatedly, and it still doesn't work. I have tried to contact them again, and no response. Do I have any other recourse?
The SAME exact thing happens to me. It's so frustrating! And this is on a PC, not a MAC, which has known issues.

I've tried on both my laptop and desktop and have the same issue. I haven't been able to print from coupons.com for over a month and have contacted them. They were less than helpful. Has anyone figured this out?
Old 08-28-2011, 08:23 PM

cocacola1313
Try a different browser. On mozilla as an example, shop at home wouldnt work no matter how many times i tried. But on IE it downloaded.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:34 PM

attempting to catch up with coupons

2014 YTD Savings: $2386.20
My Mood/Status:
jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!jwo has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm another firefox user that has to switch to IE for some coupons. Haven't had a problem since I discovered this. I think I've heard before that problems with printing can be sometimes connected with firewall/virus protection? Could be wrong. My husbands the tech geek, not me. haha

Always willing to trade for WL
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:39 PM

JRemetta
I've tried every browser. I even redownloaded IE and Firefox--no go. It's really frustrating
Old 09-05-2011, 11:27 PM

jimnyo
ringside, please post help instructions!! thanks!
Old 10-02-2011, 09:08 AM

Cholmes128 has posted more than 25 good deals
I have tried and tried to print the coupons and they will NOT print. I am so frustrated I have tried for a month now. I have windows and use Firefox or Google chrome, any help please???
Old 10-02-2011, 09:39 AM

My Mood/Status:
LizzyBizzy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!LizzyBizzy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!LizzyBizzy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!LizzyBizzy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!LizzyBizzy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!LizzyBizzy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!LizzyBizzy has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Printer Possible solutions to printing problems ...

I use a Mac (OS X 10.6.8) with Safari (v5.1) and Firefox (v6.0.2) to maximize my chances of printing Qs from bricks.

Usually I get the screen saying "We're sorry, it appears that we don't support your printer or one of your printer's settings."

Sometimes, if I keep hitting the green "Print Coupons" button, it eventually goes to the print screen with the little printer graphic and I get my Qs.

Sometimes, though, it doesn't work. In that case, I'll copy and paste the URL from Safari into Firefox and go through the same process until the Q prints.

Sometimes, neither browser will print. In that case, I'll click on the little "Help" button in the lower righthand side of the page.

If I'm real lucky, that will take me to a screen on which I can enter my mailing address and bricks will snail mail the Q.

I hope these possible solutions will work for some of you!

Best,

LizzyBizzy
Old 10-16-2011, 11:23 PM

jenby1 has posted more than 1 good deal
Fix Bricks printing problem on your Mac

I found trouble shooting tips that helped me fix my Bricks Coupon printing problems TWICE on hubpages - author Chasing Riley. I know how frustrating it is to feel like coupon opportunities are passing you by.
Old 10-18-2011, 11:39 PM

Cholmes128 has posted more than 25 good deals
Thank you all for the help it worked!!!!

Yeah
Old 10-19-2011, 09:35 AM

jenby1 has posted more than 1 good deal
What was it that worked to fix it?
Old 10-19-2011, 02:12 PM

Need info on whole inserts from great region
Aleasha

My Mood/Status:
akkbrowns has posted more than 25 good deals