Need Tips For Buying New Pots And Pans

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 09:42 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Help Sign Need tips for buying new pots and pans

What is a good brand that is safe, doesn't peel and wont break the bank?
I got some as gifts 3 years ago when we got married and the calphalon is all scratched up and peeling. I also have a faberware wok that is also starting to look bad.

Need to buy two pans tomorrow. Please helpme get the most bang for my buck. I will be going to bed bath to use up a coupon and gift card.

What does one look for ? Whats the best brand that isn't crazy expensive?
Thanks for any advice i really dont cook so thats why I dont really know about this . but i'm learning.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue Angel For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-07-2009, 10:10 PM

RE: Need tips for buying new pots and pans

nickle and diming my way to being debt free

My Mood/Status:
jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I hate cooking but have already decided I will only buy Stainless Steel cookware from now on. I am tired of that nasty peeling stuff :yuk: Even if stainless is expensive it is so worth it in the long run. Over the last two years my mom had bought us a couple big Stainless Steel saucepans for christmas and they are AWESOME....they clean up so easily, cook nicely and look brand spanking new!

Good luck in your choice! I'd give you brand names but like I said...cooking is not my thing

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeanettebr For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2009, 10:19 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Blue Angel has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanettebr View Post
I hate cooking but have already decided I will only buy Stainless Steel cookware from now on. I am tired of that nasty peeling stuff :yuk: Even if stainless is expensive it is so worth it in the long run. Over the last two years my mom had bought us a couple big Stainless Steel saucepans for christmas and they are AWESOME....they clean up so easily, cook nicely and look brand spanking new!

Good luck in your choice! I'd give you brand names but like I said...cooking is not my thing
I so hate cooking too but now that I have a child I have to if I want him to eat healthy.
May I ask what brand you have? Seriously I have no clue which ones are good.
thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Angel For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2009, 10:25 PM

nickle and diming my way to being debt free

My Mood/Status:
jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!jeanettebr has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I had to go look ...they say WearEver on the bottom. I know she got them at Wm but I have no idea if other stores carry them or not. I do have to say that they are HEAVY so be aware of that but like I said in my above post...one of them is 2 years old and looks like I just bought it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeanettebr For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2009, 10:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!NinaJo has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Just make sure you get thick ones. The thin stainless will not cook good. The thicker/heavier on the bottom the better.
The Following User Says Thank You to NinaJo For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2009, 10:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!4my5kds has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
If you have the same calphalon cookware I have from Macys it has a lifetime warranty. I have two sets but my very large skillet I use usually three times daily and the coating wears and in the past six years I have had it replaced twice. Google caphalon warranty/claims. You write a short letter stating when and where you got it, why you are not satisfied and they send you a brand new pan. Two rules- It can never of went in the dishwasher-and there is a residue test they can do if you regularly put it in the dishwasher they will know. Number two NO metal utensils can be used on the non stick interior and no abrasive sponges/cleaners. Otherwise you will get brand new pans all you will be out is shipping. Hope this works for you -Goodluck!!! Oh, I also have six Cuisnart stainless pans that I am very happy with. I have had them for four years and I got them from Giant Eagle (grocery store) when they had a gourmet cooking/utensil section they went 50% off and I could not pass them up!

Frugalista mom to:
DD(12),
DS(9),
DD(8), Twin Girls (7)
The Following User Says Thank You to 4my5kds For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2009, 11:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
andinic_83 has posted more than 150 good deals!andinic_83 has posted more than 150 good deals!
I too bought Calphalon cookware a little over three years ago--it was a wedding gift and hubby and I were married three years ago last month. After less than a year of use--I think it was 7 or 8 month to be exact--it started peeling. Granted, I did use it everyday because I cook majority of our meals, but to me cookware should last longer than that. My parents have been married over 30 years and they still have the cookware they received as a wedding gift--granted, they don't make things like they used to. Anyway, after dealing with that Calphalon 'crud' and doing LOTS of research hubby and I decided to replace the Calphalon with Henckels. I have owned Henckel steak knives and cutlery knives for several years and never had a problem with them so after reading the good reviews we decided to go with Henckel cookware. Boy am I glad we did! I'm not sure what your budget is for new cookware, but this stuff is worth every penny! (To be honest, I think hubby and I used part of our income tax refund to pay for our replacement set.) Anyway, we bought the 10-pc Non-stick Cookware Set and two years later it looks almost brand new. Even though two of the pieces are non-stick they do not scratch or peel at all! Not only do I love how well they have held up, I love how well they conduct heat and the measurement markings on the inside of the pans are so convenient. I can honestly see myself using this cookware for many, many more years. Infact, it may be going to college with our DD who is now only a year old...LOL! If the money is a big problem for you, the great thing about Henckel is you can buy the pieces seperately. So, you could replace the pieces that you have little at a time, ask for pieces as Christmas gifts, etc. Going through what I did, I can honestly say I would rather spend a few hundred dollars on cookware that will last practically forever than to have to replace inexpensive cookware every year or two.

I actually got my cookware from a site called Cutlery and More. For buying the set, I was sent a free Henckel cutlery set of knives, free set of Henckel steak knives AND free Henckel cleaner for the stainless steel pans and shipping was free. Also, they had the best prices I could find. Good luck deciding what is right for your family. I hope this helps!

Here is the site, if AFC lets me leave a link:
Henckels Cookware - Henckels Classic Clad, JA Henckels Stainless Steel Cookware
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andinic_83 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2009, 11:50 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!DawnG has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I use the T-Fal cookware and I really love their nonstick pots and pans. I have 2 nonstick frying pans that I have used almost every day for the past few years now with no problems and no flaking. I have been buying them one at a time when Bed & Bath or Lines and Things put thier 40 or 50% coupons in the paper. They are a bit pricey but they are worth it.

“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, drink in the other
, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO HOO what a ride!”
The Following User Says Thank You to DawnG For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 06:10 AM

My Mood/Status:
sjens has posted more than 200 great deals!sjens has posted more than 200 great deals!sjens has posted more than 200 great deals!
I received a set of Emerilware Stainless Steel and Copper pans as a gift and I love them. I've been using them now for four or five years and they still look like new.
The Following User Says Thank You to sjens For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2009, 05:34 PM

is loving life :)

My Mood/Status:
dnabrewer3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dnabrewer3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dnabrewer3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dnabrewer3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dnabrewer3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dnabrewer3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dnabrewer3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dnabrewer3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dnabrewer3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!dnabrewer3 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I have the capahelon simply stainless. I have had it about 5 months and I love it! HTH

The Following User Says Thank You to dnabrewer3 For This Useful Post: