Biscuits, Sausages & Cool Whip, Oh My!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 12:52 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
danamy817 has posted more than 200 great deals!danamy817 has posted more than 200 great deals!danamy817 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Biscuits, Sausages & Cool Whip, oh my!

My husband is a dispatcher for a refrigerated trucking company. Sometimes extra pallets of food are shipped or slightly damaged or just plain rejected by the receiver. It's too expensive to return the food items, so the employees get first dibs with the rest going to charity. Last week, my husband came home with cases of - you guessed it - Pillsbury Grands Biscuits (2 cases = 24 cans), Johnsville Breakfast Sausages (3 cases = 36 pkgs of 6 round sausages) & Extra Creamy Cool Whip (22 tubs). These are what we have in our home, we've already shared cases with our family & neighbors!!

The Cool Whip & sausages are in the freezer, but I can't freeze the biscuit rolls. If I bake them could they be frozen?

What else can I do with all of this stuff?? I'm thinking Strawberry or Fruit Shortcakes for sure. I also made egg & sausage biscuit sandwiches that just get popped in the microwave. Need some more ideas! TIA!
The Following User Says Thank You to danamy817 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 07-08-2009, 03:57 PM

RE: Biscuits, Sausages & Cool Whip, oh my!

My Mood/Status:
diana_circe has posted more than 100 good deals!diana_circe has posted more than 100 good deals!
That is an awesome windfall! If you have jello you can make several flavored desserts with the whipped cream. And it makes a good frosting type topping for a chocolate cake mixed with cherry pie filling.

I would think if you baked up the biscuits and double bagged them you could freeze them in servings.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:00 PM

shops too much!
Be yourself!

My Mood/Status:
Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Kayline has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've never tried it, but several people have posted that they freeze Pillsbury biscuits in the tubes with no problem. Just thaw and bake, according to them!
Old 07-08-2009, 04:00 PM

My Mood/Status:
debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!debbiedee8 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have laid the biscuits out on a baking sheet and put them in the freezer and put in ziploc baggies, and just baked what I need at a time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debbiedee8 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2009, 04:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
diana_circe has posted more than 100 good deals!diana_circe has posted more than 100 good deals!
That's nice to know! Sometimes I get some awesome deals on the tubes of biscuits but I'm afraid to buy too many in case we get tired of them and they go bad.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:20 PM

My Mood/Status:
danamy817 has posted more than 200 great deals!danamy817 has posted more than 200 great deals!danamy817 has posted more than 200 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedee8 View Post
I have laid the biscuits out on a baking sheet and put them in the freezer and put in ziploc baggies, and just baked what I need at a time.
Now that is really interesting. I might have to try a batch or two.

This windfall is even better because all of the biscuits have $.50 coupons on them!!

I will eat frozen Cool Whip with a little chocolate syrup like ice cream! Love it! I also like mixing Cool Whip with instant pudding flavors for a really creamy dessert.

His job has really brought some fun things home - Boston Market & Lean Cuisine frozen dinners, Stoneyfield yogurt, garlic bread, even 10 lbs of hamburger meat!! I'm waiting for the stone crab claw or lobster shipment to come back - !
Old 07-09-2009, 08:32 AM

My Mood/Status:
sadiesky has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sadiesky has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sadiesky has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sadiesky has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sadiesky has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sadiesky has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sadiesky has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sadiesky has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sadiesky has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sadiesky has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!sadiesky has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedee8 View Post
What a great idea - I will have to try this too!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:06 AM

loving everyone
sawstrunk

My Mood/Status:
sawstrunk has posted more than 200 great deals!sawstrunk has posted more than 200 great deals!sawstrunk has posted more than 200 great deals!
I know for a fact that you can freeze the biscuits in the the can..
They night not rise as high as they would when they are made fresh but the taste still stay's the same.. i like the idea of freezing individual cause they make individual freezer grands so I would not see a problem in freezing them.. i will have to try this. Oh by the way great deal wish my dh work was more like that he works for Pepsi. we do get to buy expired pop for 1.00 a case but other than that, that is it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and 1 little
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
boy..... needlesss to say i have a
life...

Married to a
wonderful man for 10 years
Old 09-06-2009, 08:54 PM

My Mood/Status:
spendingwise has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!spendingwise has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!spendingwise has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!spendingwise has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!spendingwise has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!spendingwise has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!spendingwise has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!spendingwise has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
2 thinks...

1. I just "found" a roll of grands in the freezer and it didn't explode...

2. We love pizza's using grands.- just take a cup cake pan and squish 1 roll into each cup cake indentation. Add spag. sauce and cheese and any other pizza favorites. Cook at 425 for 10 min... or untill bubbly. These freeze really well!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spendingwise For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2009, 11:09 AM

is crazy busy during her favorite time of year!

My Mood/Status:
lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!lastocks has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Love the pizza idea. Thanks! Will work great with the $1/1 printable that just came out.