Prayer Request

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2015, 10:29 AM
worrier today

My Mood/Status:
janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Asking for prayers as I have a heavy heart laden with so much that I'm overwhelmed. First I left a great job to take on what I thought was a better job with more pay. Not just a great job after all and the two nurses and social worker I work with, well I'm beneath them. They talk down to me ie: vegan means no meat so they don't serve dishes with meat or fattening foods like you're used to. When I first started there the SW looked at my badge grabbed it and says oh okay you don't have credentials you're just administrative. We have a new office in the basement of the hospital, next to the boiler room which happened to have pipes explode the other day, no hot water to wash our hands, nobody not even security knows where our office is. We can't hear the fire alarm and if you're alone down there and something happens too bad. There's nobody around. I went from having 75+ people around me to 3 (did not know we would be so isolated). I have to call housekeeping everyday to clean because nobody comes there to clean its so out of the way. We had maintenance put in a light fixture and one guy said to the SW harry has a thing for you, she said he isn't on my level that's more janet's level. ?. What am I garbage? This is my job! I've been with this organization 15 years, first with corporate now in the hospital setting. I am surviving thats it. One day I'm going to fall. I can see it coming.

Then I tried to accept a man back into my life only to find he hasn't changed and will never change. I've let him break me once again and now have to repair the damage he causes.

Last edited by janetlr1974; 02-22-2015 at 10:39 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to janetlr1974 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-22-2015, 02:03 PM

RE: Prayer request

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!1littlemiracle has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Praying that things get better, and that something opens up for you. There's nothing worse than being in a job that's not fulfilling. We spend too much time at work to be miserable. It sounds like Ms. SW is someone who needs an attitude adjustment, IMHO. People like that really annoy me. As for the ex, I'm glad you saw quickly that he won't change. ((Hugs))
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1littlemiracle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2015, 02:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
juneannloves2shop has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!juneannloves2shop has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!juneannloves2shop has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!juneannloves2shop has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!juneannloves2shop has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!juneannloves2shop has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!juneannloves2shop has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!juneannloves2shop has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!juneannloves2shop has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!juneannloves2shop has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!juneannloves2shop has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
praying for you
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juneannloves2shop For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2015, 06:29 PM

Spreading AFC Cheer =o)
♥ SMILE! ♥

My Mood/Status:
A Full Cup of Sunshine has posted more than 400 great deals!A Full Cup of Sunshine has posted more than 400 great deals!A Full Cup of Sunshine has posted more than 400 great deals!A Full Cup of Sunshine has posted more than 400 great deals!A Full Cup of Sunshine has posted more than 400 great deals!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Do Something Nice For Someone Today!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to A Full Cup of Sunshine For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2015, 06:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zoey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2015, 06:41 PM

worrier today

My Mood/Status:
janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!janetlr1974 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Its hard facing work everyday. Thinking what a bad decision I made. It took me ten days to decide to take the job, I battled yes /no that long. That should have told me something. Not only do I not feel safe in the office I feel like I'm not welcome there.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to janetlr1974 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2015, 06:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Zoey has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
That is a horrible way to feel. I've stayed at my job a really long time, mainly because I love it but I really need to make more money. I think it's brave that you chose to move on. I think that's really hard to do when you feel comfortable somewhere. Is there any way you could get your old job back?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zoey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2015, 03:52 AM

worrier today

My Mood/Status:
I talked to my previous boss and she said she'll keep an eye out for something with them. She said why didn't you call me sooner. I've been calling out of work. I really hate it there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to janetlr1974 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2015, 06:27 AM

is truly blessed!!

My Mood/Status:
preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Praying things get better for you.
Go ahead......
Say something!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to preciousgirl1120 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2015, 07:12 AM

AFC Forum Leader

momnguitarman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momnguitarman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momnguitarman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momnguitarman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momnguitarman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momnguitarman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momnguitarman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momnguitarman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momnguitarman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momnguitarman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!momnguitarman has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I will keep you in my prayers!

But just remember it is okay to grin at the thought of Ms. Nose Up In The Air to get caught in a rain storm so the rain just keeps going up her nose!!!!!!!!

Love AFC? Like helping others? Please post in Contact Us for more info and to be considered for the Buddy and/or Welcome Wagon team!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momnguitarman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2015, 07:28 AM

Life is good!

2015 YTD Savings: $9370
My Mood/Status:
nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hi Janet, I'm praying for the Lord to remove the hurt & soul wounds from all of this medical staff shenanigans & give you direction. Talking to Human Resources makes it worse, unless you have documented, because they deny it. As an retired RN, I recognize the "Medical Field Hazing".

Options & what I learned:
1). NEVER EVER STAY WHERE YOU ARE DISRESPECTED. The Lord promises to provide a way out ("No temptation has overcome you that is common to man"). The temptation is to give into fear of lack of provision/job.

2). I learned NEVER BLEED (cry, get angry, confront publicly or look upset) in front of the "Sharks" because they get their jollies by seeing your reaction. Sharks love bleeding & invoking negative emotions! It is their "payoff" for being mean girls, they seemed to perceive it as power

3). "OVERCOME EVIL WITH GOOD", it stuns them 1st, makes them furious 2nd & finally 3rd there is no "payoff" so they get bored. Even though it stops, it is still time to go, because their pattern will return. When you respond with professionally with kindness, it not only bugs them, it works. It was worse on Mondays, because of their Hangovers.

God Bless you Janet, you have a lovely personality, I've always liked you & you are very intelligent.
Those people at work also know it. Say hi to Tony.

Last edited by nowpoints; 03-07-2015 at 10:38 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nowpoints For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2015, 10:11 AM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!sav4dzn has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
nowpoints!

I had similar experiences on a job that I worked at for three years. The staff was so crude and disrespectful. They would tell dirty jokes and dog the other employees. Not something I would do. I loved the Dentist I worked for and the patients, but the staff I could have done w/o. Every day I went to work thinking I don't want to be here, but I'm not a quitter.

One particular day, one of the staff really got on my nerves and as I was assisting the Dr all I was doing was dropping instruments because I was fuming at the rude behavior I was getting. (This office wouldn't let you sit for anything even when it was slow and not much going on) I realized that day that I couldn't get so upset w/what they said and I never had that experience again. They were still rude, but I tried to work even more efficiently and quick. After 3 years I was ready to move out of state, so I was going to quit. The patients asked me if I was coming back and even the Drs. I had been working for. I guess I wasn't that bad.

Sometimes I think that people don't feel good about their lives so they dog others in the process to try and make themselves feel better. It was one of the hardest experiences and I never would have thought I would count it as one of the biggest growing experiences because on my next job the staff was so kind and respectful. I received so many compliments on the job I was doing, which was such a change. I would go do things often that other staff members would say, you know you don't have to do that, even though it wasn't a big deal to me to help.

I learned how to stick up for myself, treat other kindly, serve others, and I think it made me a better person even though days were tough.

Hang in there...I hope you can find a better situation. Just keep in mind you are getting stronger w/what you are dealing with. Keep your chin high and remember you are worth it.

Love Couponing and Helping Others? Join the Team of Forum Leaders Today!...Click Link Below...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sav4dzn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2015, 02:01 PM

worrier today

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowpoints
Hi Janet, I'm praying for the Lord to remove the hurt & soul wounds from all of this medical staff shenanigans & give you direction. Talking to Human Resources makes it worse, unless you have documented, because they deny it. Saw that for many people. As an retired RN, I recognize the "Medical Field Hazing" which happened to me with every new job that needed an ICU/ER background. It also happened to every single new employee with an ICU/ER training. Typically, this is how process this happens: They'll watch how you respond to a put down, if you respond with hurt, it is interpreted as weakness. Then, they'll all of a sudden be extra nice & ask personal info to put "some truth" in their story. Then, they make up a story using what you said. Then, over time, they spread a story to other staff, labeling you with whatever they make up to "plant seeds of doubt" to make others think poorly of you step #1. The Lord is still in control thru it all, and the solution comes faster when you Praise Him when it is the hottest. Step #2. Then, it will come back to you all mixed up but with some truth in it to get you to defend yourself, it is interpreted as weakness. These aggressors enjoy & use your defensiveness against you. They will make up some false complaint to their Supervisor & she asks if you have 1st talked to Janet about it? They may say: Oh, yes Supervisor, we have talked to her over & over again & she is so defensive, no one can talk to her. Then, they "feel they've got you". You can't give them personal info, it feeds the shenanigans. Remind the Lord that you are claiming Isaiah 54:17. Step #3 Make you fearful over a period of time, until you make a mistake they can report or make you have an angry PUBLIC reaction out of frustration. I've never shared private info, my Mom was Head of Human Resources at Boeing for 35 years & saw this pattern there & prepared me. Though I never did change their dysfunctional behavior, you CAN be kind & follow what the Bible says: "Overcome evil with good", the Lord will back you up. Respond with anger & it escalates, respond with fear & it attracts even worse behavior. At the last stage, I asked the Lord to take fear away, because for a short period of time it will look as though they are prospering in their Evil. When you don't have a new job & are sole support, you feel scared that your good reference may go. Fear feeds all that you don't want coming to you. Options: 1). But what I did learn is: NEVER EVER STAY WHERE YOU ARE DISRESPECTED!!! I had to Fast & Pray to hear the Lord's direction on where to go, because my head was so full of the stress & it is hard to Fast & Pray, so I would Fast from 8PM-12Noon. Now that did work, & looking back, I got to see it as a necessary learning curve to handle the next position in my calling. 2). I learned NEVER BLEED (cry, get angry, confront or look upset) in front of the "Sharks" because they get their jollies by seeing your reaction. Sharks love bleeding & invoking negative emotions! It was "their currency" or "payoff" for being mean girls. They get something they enjoyed for their behavior, they seemed to perceive it as power. 3) Also I learned: "OVERCOME EVIL WITH GOOD", it stuns them 1st, makes them furious 2nd & finally 3rd there is no "payoff" so they get bored. Even though it stops, it is still time to go, because it is their pattern that will return. When you respond with professionally with kindness, it not only bugs them, it works. It was worse on Mondays, because of their Hangovers. 4). Then, I documented every incident until I left just in case it escalated to keep my reference record clean & it worked as well. Is this similar hazing that you are experiencing? I had to go thru this several times until I learned the Lord wanted me rely on Him, not on my skills in the flesh with manipulators. Sometimes it was just the Lord & me with no other support system, I felt defeated daily for a long time afterword, blaming myself, but became very strong in not caring what others think. I believe the Lord allowed this to make me into a Strong Leader, the most difficult thing ever for kind, sensitive people for us. Guess where I landed? Medical Charge of 1,400 violent men at a Maximum Security Prison at the most dangerous time--on the Nightshift! Who knew? In today's money, I made almost $100,000 a year! I had to up my daily Bible reading & up my daily prayer level in a closer walk with Him. God Bless you Janet, you have a lovely personality, I've always liked you & you are very intelligent. Those people at work also know it. Say hi to Tony. Zo . .
Love you Zo. Thank you so much. You always have so much wisdom and encouragement to share. I am thankful for you. I will tell Tony .
The Following User Says Thank You to janetlr1974 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2015, 02:58 PM

worrier today

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav4dzn
nowpoints! I had similar experiences on a job that I worked at for three years. The staff was so crude and disrespectful. They would tell dirty jokes and dog the other employees. Not something I would do. I loved the Dentist I worked for and the patients, but the staff I could have done w/o. Every day I went to work thinking I don't want to be here, but I'm not a quitter. One particular day, one of the staff really got on my nerves and as I was assisting the Dr all I was doing was dropping instruments because I was fuming at the rude behavior I was getting. (This office wouldn't let you sit for anything even when it was slow and not much going on) I realized that day that I couldn't get so upset w/what they said and I never had that experience again. They were still rude, but I tried to work even more efficiently and quick. After 3 years I was ready to move out of state, so I was going to quit. The patients asked me if I was coming back and even the Drs. I had been working for. I guess I wasn't that bad. Sometimes I think that people don't feel good about their lives so they dog others in the process to try and make themselves feel better. It was one of the hardest experiences and I never would have thought I would count it as one of the biggest growing experiences because on my next job the staff was so kind and respectful. I received so many compliments on the job I was doing, which was such a change. I would go do things often that other staff members would say, you know you don't have to do that, even though it wasn't a big deal to me to help. I learned how to stick up for myself, treat other kindly, serve others, and I think it made me a better person even though days were tough. Hang in there...I hope you can find a better situation. Just keep in mind you are getting stronger w/what you are dealing with. Keep your chin high and remember you are worth it.
Thank you for sharing your story. I am at a loss for what to do. I feel like I want to talk to HR but I don't know receptive they'll be. So today the trash issue was topic of a meeting. Our housekeeping wants us to deposit our trash into one main large container they've put in our office. They don't want to go around to five cans and empty. Now mind you we'll need new bags once we dump the other bag right?? So guess who was told she'll need to do this and the nurses don't want to empty theirs so guess who gets to do that?? Now I don't get paid for housekeeping but it'll probably go under other duties as assigned in my job description. I'm fuming. I know you can see my attitude. I've been here 15 years can't afford to lose my job. I don't know what to do
Old 02-24-2015, 04:23 PM

Life is good!

My Mood/Status:
nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
This would be only a last resort idea, but something many women don't know?
HR has an "Employee Assistance Free Program" that can help you get a new job at same facility & can't fire you when you are being intimidated?

Last edited by nowpoints; 03-07-2015 at 10:42 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nowpoints For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2015, 06:22 PM

worrier today

My Mood/Status:
I am in counseling now Zo through our EAP. I called them for help. I'm drowning in all of this. Beating myself up for making a bad choice in changing jobs, now I know the saying money isn't everything is really true. And being with a narcissist has made me physically ill.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:26 PM

Life is good!

My Mood/Status:
Oh, God Bless you, Janet, you are really wise. I'll pray that God gives you great favor with them and they will do anything they can for you, giving you what you want so you can be peaceful & get away from them.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:41 PM

Life is good!

My Mood/Status:
Hi Janet~haven't forgotten you, still praying
Old 03-05-2015, 04:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
lisaflex has posted more than 400 great deals!lisaflex has posted more than 400 great deals!lisaflex has posted more than 400 great deals!lisaflex has posted more than 400 great deals!lisaflex has posted more than 400 great deals!
sending some good vibes your way...best wishes to you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lisaflex For This Useful Post: