2 Missing Horses

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 08:15 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
2 Missing Horses

Please pray for the safe return of 2 of our horses! There have been high winds in our area lately and some time today a tree branch fell and broke the fence. 3 of our 5 horses got out.
My parents found 1 of them but 2 are still missing My parents and sisters searched, but it was already dark and they couldn't find the others. We live on a bunch of land but it backs up to a couple of schools and a residential area.
I am in college (3 hours away) and can't go home. I can't do anything to help right now so I'm praying and thought others could join me. Any thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated!
One horse belongs to my dad and the other is mine. I have had him for 7 years and he is my big baby. I don't know what I would do without him..
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 08:21 PM

RE: 2 Missing Horses

is always on the lookout for Panda Bears!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Susuz has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thoughts and prayers with you this evening. We are horse people too. I know here there was a recent posting on FB AND Craigs list asking folks to keep an eye out. That is something you can do from 3 hours away....Are they microchipped? Notify the local large animal vet too to keep a lookout. If you make a poster you can email it to them and the local humane society, and let the local schools know and post in the residential area. Someone may have seen them and can point you in the right direction...

Good luck....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I am so far behind I think I'm First!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Susuz For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2011, 08:49 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
ambernicole4 has posted more than 100 good deals!ambernicole4 has posted more than 100 good deals!
Thoughts and prayers headed your way. I hope they come home safely.
The Following User Says Thank You to ambernicole4 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2011, 12:59 AM

ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ballardb has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Thanks guys. We have posted on Facebook and my family searched for a while but it was too dark to do anything but scare the horses if they got close. The search will resume in the morning with more people. They are not micro chipped but the vets and the schools know us. Between my sisters and I, we have a lot of friends that live in the residential area by the school so hopefully someone will spot them.
Its a small town so the local humane society/animal care group is about 20 minutes away. But it would probably be a good idea to call the police in the morning and tell them whats going on and give them our phone number. (My dad was driving down the road a few weeks ago and saw a horse standing there so he stopped and got the horse so it wouldn't get hit. He didn't know whose it was or what to do with it so he called the police and someone came out there).
Thanks for the idea I just wish I could do more...
Old 11-14-2011, 10:56 AM

Still missing this morning. We have called the city police and the sheriff's department in case someone calls them. We have groups of people searching, but no luck yet..Please keep praying...
Old 11-14-2011, 11:56 AM

liltexan has posted more than 200 great deals!liltexan has posted more than 200 great deals!liltexan has posted more than 200 great deals!
Awww I checked in to see if they had been found. Still praying they turn up. Keep us posted pls.
The Following User Says Thank You to liltexan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2011, 12:11 PM

My Mood/Status:
horsepoor22 has posted more than 25 good deals
Oh no! We will say a prayer for you. We have 8 show horses and I would be completely devastated! Where area are you in?
The Following User Says Thank You to horsepoor22 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepoor22 View Post
Oh no! We will say a prayer for you. We have 8 show horses and I would be completely devastated! Where area are you in?
Central Mississippi. Good to see that there are more horse lovers on here! I grew up with them and can't imagine not having them. They have possibly been gone for up to 24 hours now. We are just holding on to hope right now.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:16 PM

listening to the music of the spheres
Buddhist Bon Vivant Pataphysicist!

My Mood/Status:
siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Of course I'll pray for your horses' safe return! That's sort of scary! We had terrible windstorms here in CO a couple of days ago, too. They actually blew down a section of fence that makes up part of our chicken yard. DH has been out resetting posts today, and he put up a plastic mesh fence until things are totally fixed. Our most intrepid chicken figured out a way to get over that fence, and I found her happily scratching around on the side of the house this morning! Maybe the horses are just out browsing around, too, and will head home soon. I hope so!
Old 11-14-2011, 02:28 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Praying that your horses return safe and sound!
The Following User Says Thank You to CarrieM For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2011, 02:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
Can you send me some pictures? I have 4h friends that way...maybe we could send an email to the State 4h office to send out to everyone. Every little bit could help.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepoor22 View Post
Can you send me some pictures? I have 4h friends that way...maybe we could send an email to the State 4h office to send out to everyone. Every little bit could help.
This is going to sound horrible, but I don't have any with me. All of my pictures are on disks at home and I haven't put any on the computer I got like a year ago.
We don't show ours, we ride casually and haven't competed in anything (barrels or team penning) in a few years.
Kiwi is a small bay horse and Samson is dark gray with white. Thanks for your help! You don't know how much I appreciate this.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:30 PM

My Mood/Status:
mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!mickie333 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
This happened to me a few times! Horses first of all dont hide. They are only interested in eating or checking out other horses.. Usually they are "barn sour" and would go home on their own if food/water is scarce.. My horse Carmel was usually in someones front yard munching away. But we did live about a mile from a busy highway and this scared me. Make sure when they find them that you have some oats/feed in a bucket for them or an apple in hand. They are much easier to get a hold of if you have food!Also have your folks call the local news media- they will announce it so people know who to call and not try to approach them themselves. I do so hope the best for you all!!
The Following User Says Thank You to mickie333 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2011, 03:57 PM

Grounded for Life

krazycouponlady90 has posted more than 100 good deals!krazycouponlady90 has posted more than 100 good deals!
I hope you find them soon!

Mine have gotten loose but I have always seen them loose in the yard before they head out the gates and have caught them while they are still on the property.

Our neighbors don't like my mom so they would call animal control to come and get them instead of calling us to come and get them so I always keep a close eye on them and try to catch them before they leave the property.
The Following User Says Thank You to krazycouponlady90 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2011, 04:26 PM

Thank you all so much. My parents and sisters were out of town this weekend which is why we didn't catch it sooner.
Usually they are in a neighbor's yard or something and someone will call us. But we have gotten reports of people who saw them yesterday about a mile away do we have moved the searches in that direction. Still hoping and praying!!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:31 PM

Spring, spring, spring!

My Mood/Status:
Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Oh my thoughts are with your babies! Hoping for a safe return! I gave never owned horses but I did used to ride. As an animal lover in general my heart goes out to your family and the horses!
and wife to C, the most caring man in the world

Positive Thoughts

The Following User Says Thank You to Quazel For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2011, 05:18 PM

ride_on has posted more than 400 great deals!ride_on has posted more than 400 great deals!ride_on has posted more than 400 great deals!ride_on has posted more than 400 great deals!ride_on has posted more than 400 great deals!
You could post a missing report on netposse (google stolen horse international). Their info gets out to lots of people.
The Following User Says Thank You to ride_on For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2011, 05:23 PM

Wishing for whirled peas

My Mood/Status:
esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!esquala has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hoping for a safe return of your babies very soon!
The Following User Says Thank You to esquala For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2011, 06:00 PM

Good news!! Someone sent my sister a facebook message saying that they saw 2 horses Saturday morning in their yard like the horses were trying to get into their pasture (the boy also has horses). He said that the horses looked healthy and well taken care of so his parents knew that they had to belong to someone. They fed the horses Saturday and they were still hanging around Sunday so they fed them again.
The rest of the message was a little confusing. We couldn't tell if they put the horses in their pasture or what but my dad is going over there now!!!
Fingers crossed!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballardb For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2011, 06:47 PM

Spring, spring, spring!

My Mood/Status:
Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Quazel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yay!!! Great news! Keep us posted!

Positive Thoughts

Old 11-14-2011, 06:54 PM

liltexan has posted more than 200 great deals!liltexan has posted more than 200 great deals!liltexan has posted more than 200 great deals!
Patceintly awaiting good news .....
The Following User Says Thank You to liltexan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2011, 06:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
Waiting for the good news here too!!!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:11 PM

My baby!!!! I will post the whole story later. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-3679107671.jpg (5.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 11-14-2011, 08:29 PM

Spring, spring, spring!

My Mood/Status:
Yay to happy news! Can't wait to hear the full story with a happy ending!

Positive Thoughts

Old 11-14-2011, 08:48 PM

Ok, here is the whole story. After 2 days of searching, a boy sent my little sister a facebook message saying that he lived about 5 miles from the area she mentioned but that he had seen a brown and black horse and a gray horse at his house Saturday morning. When his dad went outside to feed their horses Saturday, our horses were still there so he fed them too. When he went to feed his horses on Sunday, ours were still there so he figured they must be lost and didn't know how to get back home. He put our horses in his pasture and has been feeding and taking care of them with his own. Then today my little sister saw a mobile picture that a friend of hers put on facebook. It was a picture of her horse (the first horse that was found Sunday) in front of the school. The caption said "Just horsing around at the school". My sister commented and said "Thats my horse! Did you see his friends? They are still missing!" A boy sent her a message with the story about the horses being at his house. My sister was not at home when she got the message, but she called my dad and he and my older sister and they went to the boy's house. It was already dark so they left the horses there for the night and they are going to get them in the morning But my sister sent me a picture!

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers! When I was stressed out and upset it helped me so much to be able to come to AFC and see the well wishes of all of you guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to ballardb For This Useful Post: