Poor DH On Life Support & Dialysis~Update:Has Pneumonia& MayHaveHad A StrokeMonthsAgo

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2011, 08:56 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
I'm in a New York state of mind...

My Mood/Status:
forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Help Sign Poor DH on Life Support & Dialysis~Update:Has Pneumonia& MayHaveHad A StrokeMonthsAgo

August 22nd - DH may G-d forbid have had a stroke somewhere along the way. Plse see post 2268, on pg 91. He is having problems with his left side and they say that it looks like he might have had a stroke. When he was first at the 1st hospital when this all began, they took an MRI & saw blood on his brain in a spot/area; said it could have been a stroke, though the Neurologist who looked at the MRI said he didn't think so; nor did he know how old the blood was that was there (how long it had been there). Next hospital suggested that at some point as well, based on his PT/OT. I pray that was not the case.

August 18th; 8 months now since this all began (3 months at 1st hospital; just under 4 months at second & now almost 6 weeks here). DH has pneumonia again.

May 13th, 2011: DH has pneumonia & a fractured wrist! See Post #1745 on pg 70.

MAY 9th, 2011; They removed the trach from DH's throat today!! He is breathing entirely on his own! No more ventilator! After many months of having this in, they were able to successfully wean him off of this! This is tremendous fantastic news!! This is in post #1674 on page 68 . He also stood for the first time today in 4-1/2 months! He was supported by equipment, but this was still a tremendous thing for him!

New News April 9: As of today, we were told DH will not need dialysis again! Hopefully, this will be permanently; as he had been on it before for a long time; was told if he even made it, he would have to be on it for the rest of his life; then eventually was able to come off of it. Then, he got very sick again, so he was put back on it. Now, he is off again; again, we are hoping this will be forever. More on this in post #1429 on pg 58.

UPDATE: April 10th: the kidney Dr came around & said that he was looking at some figures for DH that weren't correct when he said he wouldn't need any more dialysis. The actual figures for DH are higher than what he had initially looked at. In fact, DH's numbers are going up every day, which is not good. He still feels that DH may not need dialysis any more, but he isn't sure, & they have to watch his numbers closely. More on this in post #1440.

PLEASE NOTE: To all the kind AFCers who have wished us well & prayed for my DH, I thank you all. At this time, I have to ask that people please omit posting any prayers or quoting any scriptures on this thread. I have a number of people do that; & at the same time, I have had a number of people message me & ask that I ask people to please not do that; that they were uncomfortable with it; for a number of different reasons (different religious beliefs; just feeling uncomfortable with it; no religious beliefs; etc. etc.)

In an effort to please everyone & make everyone welcome who wants to join this thread, I am having to ask that people please comply with this. If they want to pray for DH and/or I; I thank you; but please, just do not type prayers or quote scriptures here. I asked this before, & everyone was very kind & understanding. I am just putting in in this 1st initial message so people will see it when they click on this thread. Thanks you for your kind cooperation & understanding.

APRIL 2nd: LATEST: PLEASE SEE POST #1337 on Page 54; DH Back at 1st Hospital he was at for 3 months due to a lot of GI bleeding. Came over Sat. nt. April 2nd by ambulance. Waiting to see what this is.

UPDATE: MARCH: DH IS GOING TO NEED DIALYSIS AGAIN FOR MARCH :o(

UPDATE: FEB 20th: (DH IS HAVING SURGERY TOMORROW OR WED., FEB. 22nd or 23rd; NEED MORE PRAYERS, PLEASE! THANKS!!!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I originally posted a thread asking for help with some UPC codes, as I couldn't get home to get them for a rebate I had to send out; as I couldn't leave the hospital. People were so helpful & I got some very kind PM's, which I responded to.

So much has happened since just the other day; & we realy need some major prayers; so thought I would start a thread here.

DH went into the hospital 30 days ago (the middle of December, 2010)with pneumonia. He was in the hospital aboiut a week & getting better; almost ready to leave, when he came down with a really high fever. This continued for a week, then 2. They tried everything to find out what it was; including a spinal tap. Everything they sent out; these tests; blood work; cultures, etc; & they couldn't figure out what was wrong. He has MS (Multiple Scelerosis) & they stopped 2 of his treatments/medications, saying they could be the reason for the high fevers; but that wasn't it.

They said he had MYRSA, so gave him an antiobiotic for it; an IV, 3 times & fevers didn't stop, so they said it wasn't that.

Said it didn't appear to be bacterial; if it was, would have been great, so they could treat it with an antiobiotic. They said it could be viral; in which case there is no treatment for it, & it just has to run it's course. They said it could be a week or two & then it could go away & we might never know what it was.

Meanwhile, he was not only running the high fevers during the night, but then day & night. They would give him Tylenol & Moltrin, & then cooling blankets & bags of ice, but nothing would help it; it would just get higher & run it's couse, and then break when it felt like it, only to go back up again.

This was so frustrating, cause it was going on for over 3 weeks of these super high, dangerous fevers, & they couldn't figure out what was wrong. Besides the high fevers, his blood pressure would go down SUPER low, & this was all very dangerous.

He started out in a regular wing in the hospital and then after about 5 days of these high fevers, transferred him to IMC (Intermediate Care; less patients to a nurse). He didn't get beeter & then on Wednesday, they transferred him to ICU (Intensive Care Unit).

For a night and then the next morning, they couldn't get his pills down him; very dangerous, since some were anti seizure pills. So they had to insert a tube up his nose & down his throat; which is VERY painful to insert. Just before they did this, they squeezed this stuff in his nose to numb it, & it started bleeding profusly. They still proceeded to do this, & blood was coming out of his nose and his mouth; till after a half hr they asked me if I would let them incubate him (insert a breathing tube down his throat, to help him breath. I said of course; so they put him on life support.

They also sedated him.

They then found out that the antiobiotic they were giving him via IV (Intravenous) caused him to have kidney damage, as well as liver damage.

So they decided he would have to have dialysis.

This was all very serious. Some staff members explained to me this was like jump starting a car, & he would be fine.

The kidney Dr came around and told me he would just need a couple of treatments and he would hopefully be better; but of couse, they still didn't know what was causing the fever.

The next day, another Kidney Dr came around & said he was critically ill, & she didn't know if he would make it. She further explained that all his major organs were failing -- lungs, kidneys, liver.

I called everyone I could think of. I didn't have much hope after hearing that; though I prayed he would come out okay somehow, as he is a strong person.

That evening, the same Dr came around to say they would start the dialysis the next morning, and again, told me how serious it was; saying he was even sicker than that morning, & it was very bad.

So he started the dialysis yesterday. Today was the second treatment. During the day, the infectious disease Dr said they finally figured out what was wrong. It is a fungal thing; I forget the name, it is super long. They will treat it wth an IV antiobiotic; but this antiobiotic will cause his kidneys to have MORE damage than the previous antiobiotic; and that was bad. Plus. he will have to have this antiobiotic for a few weeks; 2 to 3; and then dialysis for at least 4 - 6 weeks.

As happy as we were for them to finally figure out what was causing the high fevers, the bad news is the damage it will do to his kidneys.

He is so incredibly weak, due to over 3 weeks of continuous high fevers & super low blood pressure. Normally, medicine leaves your system through your kidneys, but because his kidneys haven't been working, the medicine hasn't left his system, & he just cannot wake up.

His lungs are getting hard/stiff; which is not good.

Again, these are all his major organs failing at the same time, & this is just not good. Another bad thing is they have stopped all his MS medications/treatments, & his MS is sure to worsen; we have seen it in the past when they have just stopped things for a couple of weeks; & that was just 1 treatment. This is both. And he has the more advanced stages of MS; Secondary Progressive, it is called.

The whole thing is just so sad. He came in here fine, except for the pneumonia (which I know is serious; but he was getting better.).

It is just so sad, with him taped to all these breathing & feeding tubes. His lips are so cut; almost cut in half at each side; like all the way down/through. They have to keep turning him in bed to prevent bed sores, since he can't move; he is so uncomfortable.

He has multiple tubes in his neck for the dialysis & on the other side, with a central line in to his heart for them to get blood & stuff. I have never seen so many tubes or IV bags.

I only went home to sleep 2 nts in the past 30 days, as I don't want to leave him; as they have made numerous mistakes; plus I don't want him to be scared or confused; as he was getting delerious, before they put him on life support.

I especially miss talking to him; he is my best friend in the world, besides the love of my life; as well as the best Husband, Father & Grandfather.

I have to believe he will get through all this; as I cannot even imagine going on without him......... He is a strong person & I pray his body will continue to fight.

Anyway..... I apologize for this "novel"; I have come to think of AFC as my family, and thus, this post.

He has been in the hospital numerous times; the most recent was multiple hospital stays & physical rehabs, lasting a total of 6 weeks in Aug & Sept; but I didn't ask for prayers or post on AFC then, as even though it was super bad, it wasn't totally uncommon.

But this is beyond scary.

He has never been in the hospital this long; nor been this sick. This is very serious.

We can use all the prayers we can get.

Thanks again to everyone...... you are all the best.

Last edited by forevergrateful; 08-22-2011 at 07:11 PM.
The Following 110 Users Say Thank You to forevergrateful For This Useful Post:
1217topher, 5zamoras, almatt01, ananyavb, anniefarrell2004, ApplesAndGrapes, Atlcouponmama, babyfordawn1983, babygi9538, bigshirley, birdiemomof2, BJB, bjbby1, blissful, cantstopshopping, cathyw, challmation, chella009, ChicaInTexas, chtaea, cindymac1624, coupon214, CouponSanta, crosscountrysoccermom, csheldon, cundiff2001, dark honey, DawnG, Dianasaves$$, Drea, elvis fan, ericlovesarah, feliher, flyingv, FOOTBALLMOM2, grammar, GrannyGodley, HisArmywife, icouldlie, imatmiftm, inanotherlife95, isavealot5, Jaime, janetlr1974, jaybeza, jcdamomma, jeanettebr, jeanmpt, jeccyka, jenniesullivan, jorbon67, jstkat0711, jwiederhold, Kaara'sCoupons, karmaj28, kholland19, kids3arewe, kolowicz, LACECOUPONS, lbraendle, Liveal7, lizmolik, lookingood436, lovebird, lviars50, lyn96, lyta, Magnolia, malmomma, maryrack, MelindaD, ml3, mommasully, Mommy2TwoBoys, mommyoftwins05, momtoaprincess, morefree4me, nanasorenson, naturallysassy, nene0784, new nana, nikiz, nilennovy, nonniepooh, nowpoints, nwfrugalista, Ontario chick, pamelab1, Patalliro, poshpoodle, preciousgirl1120, redfordelaineek, rmrobinson7, sar1, shanabme, SLance68, sleepy832, Smurfytigger, sSsLiZARdSsS, sunflory, sweetiepiepie, Tannerink, thekains, TommyMaggyMommy, Tricia911, tuxedocat1967, txgal, vicki518, Wednesday, zmique
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-17-2011, 09:09 PM

RE: Poor DH on Life Support & Dialysis~Update:Has Pneumonia& MayHaveHad A StrokeMonthsAgo

My Mood/Status:
goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!goldie39 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Awwwwwwww...i'm so sorry to hear all that...this is sooooooo sad,but you really can't do anything but stay there with him and stay strong as much as possible..i wish i could do or say something to make it better or go away...you and your DH will be in my prayers....take care please and keep us posted.....god bless....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to goldie39 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 09:21 PM

RE: Poor DH on Life Support & Dialysis~Update:Has Pneumonia& MayHaveHad A StrokeMonthsAgo

My Mood/Status:
forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie39 View Post
Awwwwwwww...i'm so sorry to hear all that...this is sooooooo sad,but you really can't do anything but stay there with him and stay strong as much as possible..i wish i could do or say something to make it better or go away...you and your DH will be in my prayers....take care please and keep us posted.....god bless....
Thanks for the prayers, Goldie! So much has happened since we last spoke when I was moving the end of July.

Thanks again for your kind words & the prayers... we can use all we can get.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to forevergrateful For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 09:35 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!CarrieM has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
My heart truly goes out to you and your husband. You two will be in my thoughts and prayers.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CarrieM For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 09:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!CasieMcCann has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
That's awful! I will pray for your husband, as well as you & your family. Stay strong and remember everything happens for a reason! Be sure to keep us updated. Sending hugs your way!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CasieMcCann For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 09:47 PM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I'm so sorry to hear of your DH's ordeal. With all that you've shared, I'm thinking of HAP (hospital acquired pneumonia) possibly caused by pseudomonas aeruginosa. I hope the MDs can control the infection. I understand why you're beyond scared. I will send healing thoughts and prayers for him and for his MDs so they will be led to make the right decisions for his immediate recovery.

Keep the faith and remain strong.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 09:50 PM

Hi Sun! I've missed you!!

My Mood/Status:
5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!5zamoras has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
So sorry to hear of DH's troubles...
Praying for a FULL & speedy recovery.....so that way he is back home with you...
Hugs!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 5zamoras For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 09:50 PM

My Mood/Status:
pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!pudding has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
So sorry that your DH is going through all that. I will be praying for him.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pudding For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 09:53 PM

can't wait to go to rite aid again hahah

My Mood/Status:
shannonoverman has posted more than 200 great deals!shannonoverman has posted more than 200 great deals!shannonoverman has posted more than 200 great deals!
I'm praying for you and your husband. I'm so sorry that you are dealing with all of this and please feel free to vent!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shannonoverman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 09:56 PM

Brrrr
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
batmansblonde has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!batmansblonde has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!batmansblonde has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!batmansblonde has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!batmansblonde has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!batmansblonde has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!batmansblonde has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!batmansblonde has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!batmansblonde has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!batmansblonde has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!batmansblonde has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Prayers work. Doctors and nurses, even those that don't believe, will tell you that the people that have someone praying for them always heal better/faster than those who don't..................

Praying.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to batmansblonde For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 09:57 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieM View Post
My heart truly goes out to you and your husband. You two will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for your kind reply....... and the prayers..... means a lot to us........
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forevergrateful For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 09:58 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasieMcCann View Post
That's awful! I will pray for your husband, as well as you & your family. Stay strong and remember everything happens for a reason! Be sure to keep us updated. Sending hugs your way!

Thanks for your kind post & prayers..... they mean alot to us.

I am trying to stay strong... just after a month, it is really taxing on my mind and body. I literally cannot stop crying....

All these kind posts/replys made me cry again, but they were good, happy tears for everyone being so kind.......

Thanks again!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
I'm so sorry to hear of your DH's ordeal. With all that you've shared, I'm thinking of HAP (hospital acquired pneumonia) possibly caused by pseudomonas aeruginosa. I hope the MDs can control the infection. I understand why you're beyond scared. I will send healing thoughts and prayers for him and for his MDs so they will be led to make the right decisions for his immediate recovery.

Keep the faith and remain strong.
Thanks for your kind words and prayers.. they mean alot.

I have to ask the Dr's tomorrow when they come around what the name of this is, & write it down. It was long & I wouldn't begin to know how to spell or pronounce it.

I still think the pneumonia still has a lot to do with it, as DH has had pneumonia a lot before & so we recognize it; by the sound of his cough, as well as all this thick green globs of a thick mucas like thing that comes up. I kept saying it over and over again, that I didn't think he was over it, and finally someone listened to me, & saw it on a CAT scan (we told them it doesn't show up on chest xrays for him, as his lobes are long or something like that, & we were told to insist on a CAT scan).

You are 100% correct in praying the Dr's figure out what it is. We had 2 Dr's look at an MRI my DH had, & each said he doesn't have MS, when he has had it for close to 40 yrs. We had one Dr call his old Neurologist he had for 10 yrs to talk to him. (Another problem; we just moved to a different state 5months ago so none of the Dr's really know my DH; so I keep telling them of his history.

Like before when they thought it was MYRSA & then turned out they were wrong (AFTER giving him the antiobiotics for it; 2 separate times; & causing the kidneys to fail), I am hoping they are thinking of the correct thing this time. It is very frustrating. I don't know why they even gave him the second round of those antiobitics when they saw they weren't right the first time around. WHen I asked them why, they said they needed to keep trying. Well, not if it could cause kidney failure!!

I am also so fearful of all the MS treatments and medications they have stopped. His MS is sure to have suffered from it; and it is irreversible (sp?) and will not get better.... so sad.....

Thanks again for your kind and wise reply.

Last edited by forevergrateful; 01-17-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:12 PM

Blessed Mommy who loves to Save $!

Mikeysmommy011508 has posted more than 300 great deals!Mikeysmommy011508 has posted more than 300 great deals!Mikeysmommy011508 has posted more than 300 great deals!Mikeysmommy011508 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Awww Im so sorry to hear this... I will praying for you and your husband....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& Three Year Old Twins (DS) Madden (DD) Mackenzie
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mikeysmommy011508 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 10:13 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5zamoras View Post
So sorry to hear of DH's troubles...
Praying for a FULL & speedy recovery.....so that way he is back home with you...
Hugs!

Thanks for your prayers and good wishes........ that is all I think of; him coming back home where he belongs....... this is such a nightmare. Thanks again!

Last edited by forevergrateful; 01-17-2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: typos; can't see straight......
Old 01-17-2011, 10:14 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudding View Post
So sorry that your DH is going through all that. I will be praying for him.

Thanks for your kind words and prayers....... they mean so much!!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:17 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonoverman View Post
I'm praying for you and your husband. I'm so sorry that you are dealing with all of this and please feel free to vent!
Thanks for your kind words and prayers..... it means so much....

Yes; it is helping me to type to everyone here; I don't feel as alone....... I can't sleep; too much on my mind, not to mention the uncomfortable chair. My back is broken, but I won't budge. Besides, it is nothing comparted to what he is going through.....

I can't even "coupon"; my head is just not into it.

Thanks again!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:20 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmansblonde View Post
Prayers work. Doctors and nurses, even those that don't believe, will tell you that the people that have someone praying for them always heal better/faster than those who don't..................

Praying.
Thanks so much for your prayers.... they mean so much...

I hope the prayers do help him........ I have said we need all the prayers we can get.....

Also praying for a miracle.......
Old 01-17-2011, 10:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeysmommy011508 View Post
Awww Im so sorry to hear this... I will praying for you and your husband....

Thanks for your kind words and prayers... I am touched by everyone's kindness....

(BTW, ADORABLE babies!!! The picture brought a much needed smile to my face!

Thaniks again!
The Following User Says Thank You to forevergrateful For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 10:24 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am so sorry for what you are going through. Stay positive and be there for him, just like you have been. Sit at his bedside and talk to him. You are being so supportive and he WILL get through this!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babyrn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 10:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
beautysvecke has posted more than 300 great deals!beautysvecke has posted more than 300 great deals!beautysvecke has posted more than 300 great deals!beautysvecke has posted more than 300 great deals!
I prayed with all my heart for your DH and yourself as well. Hugs!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beautysvecke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2011, 10:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrn View Post
I am so sorry for what you are going through. Stay positive and be there for him, just like you have been. Sit at his bedside and talk to him. You are being so supportive and he WILL get through this!
Thanks for your kind words! Yes; I talk to him, though I don't know if he can hear me..... but it helps me, as well.

I don't leave his bedside but for extremely short moments at a time. (Used the bathrooms & showers in his room to shower & wash up; went home a couple of days for stuff when I had deadlines on things). I hardly leave the room even to eat.... I have no appetite anyway.... I can't even tell you what I look like.... Normally, I wouldn't leave my house looking like this even for one minute to mail a letter; but I just don't care; it's not important.

ou are right; and I have to believe he will get through this. (Just that one Dr got me so upset. Everyone else said we have to take things one day at a time.......)

Thanks again! (ADORABLE baby! )
Old 01-17-2011, 10:40 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautysvecke View Post
I prayed with all my heart for your DH and yourself as well. Hugs!
Aren't you sweet.. thank you...... it is greatly appreciated! Thanks for the prayers and hugs!! It means so much.......

I am deeply touched by your & everyone's kindness......

If prayers can make him well, he surely will be better......

I can't wait to show him all these kind posts when he is conscience again....

Thanks again!
Old 01-17-2011, 10:47 PM

Goonies Never say Die...

My Mood/Status:
Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Weatie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Im sad to hear all this.
Youre in my prayers.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:07 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatie View Post
Im sad to hear all this.
Youre in my prayers.
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.... it means alot.

It's amazing how just a few words can touch me so deeply. Your kindness comes across in your reply.

Thanks also for the prayers.....
The Following User Says Thank You to forevergrateful For This Useful Post: