Poor DH On Life Support & Dialysis~Update:Has Pneumonia& MayHaveHad A StrokeMonthsAgo

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2017, 06:43 AM

RE: Poor DH on Life Support & Dialysis~Update:Has Pneumonia& MayHaveHad A StrokeMonthsAgo

is truly blessed!!

My Mood/Status:
preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!preciousgirl1120 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hi Iris. Glad to hear you are back home, but sorry to hear about John's oxygen problems. Continuing prayers for you both.
Go ahead......
Say something!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to preciousgirl1120 For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2017, 10:10 PM

RE: Poor DH on Life Support & Dialysis~Update:Has Pneumonia& MayHaveHad A StrokeMonthsAgo

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
I'm in a New York state of mind...

My Mood/Status:
forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!forevergrateful has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Unhappy

I'm having major panic attacks & thought I'd turn to my AFC family for mega prayers.

In short John was having major breathing issues starting probably 4 nts before he left the hospital. On his bipap with 2 ltrs of 02 bled into his bipap, which is usual for him, he was de-sating into the 60's & 70's (63/64 & 78).

He's typically 93-95 with the 2 ltrs.

Even worse was that I had to discover he was so low; even though it was on a monitor that someone was supposed to be watching, they didn't alert anyone. But that's another story about this "wonderful" hospital.

His drs from the pulmonology group were there every day & I told them. They were supposed to text the dr who handles the sleep studies but apparently didn't. I'm furious with them cause they're his drs outside the hospital as well & are usually better.

So he left the hospital Tuesday with this problem.

I called every day since we were home. The dr finally called me back Friday about 5pm; the new settings for the bipap couldn't be called on because the company that does that were closed Friday for Good Friday & then again today for whatever reason.

So I got another number/office where they could do it today but the drs office didn't take care of it in time.

On FIVE LTRS of oxygen, John is only in the high 70's; can barely break 80.

Saturday nt I was screaming for him to breathe for a half hour; this was from before 2am till almost 2:30; till someone knocked on my door. I figured we were going to get thrown out; but the person asked if we were okay & offered to help. We have new people moving in all the time so I'm assuming it was my upstairs new neighbor. I thanked him and apologized for my shouting (" John, BREATHE!!!!!")

A minute later when I was still screaming, he knocked again & asked if he could come in and help. He also asked if John was responsive; so for a minute I thought he was a cop or something; but I think he would've identified himself if he was.

I looked through the perp hole & he looked like he was wearing shorts and a tee shirt.

I thanked him but there wouldn't have been anything he could have done.

Anyway, I am panicking big time.

He's de-sating during the day as well.

Something is going on.

John also had C02 retention; he had this in the hospital as well; so with all the oxygen, plus the fact he's not getting any real sleep during the nt, he can't stay awake during the day. This is also affecting his physical therapy, which he desperately needs.

They've been adjusting the bipap settings for literally over a year now & couldn't get them right. A week or so before he wound up in the hospital, I thought they finally got it right; it was a noticeable improvement. But that only lasted less than 2 weeks.

I'm scared out of my mind. I'm so scared what happens from 3:30am to 6 am when we get up. I know it's not good.

I'm worried sick. I swear I'm going to have a stroke. No exaggeration.

I can't stay up 24 hrs anymore. I'm dead.

Anyway, mega prayers, please. AFCers prayers always helps my DH.

Thanks always.

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.

It doesn't matter that you get knocked down in life;
all that matters is that you have to get up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forevergrateful For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 08:29 AM

exhausted

My Mood/Status:
Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!Goddessoflubbock has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
You guys are definitely in our prayers. A friend and I are doing a novena for everyone we know with breathing problems.

I know first hand how crappy your DH feels with those sats. Plus it's doing possibly permanent damage along the way.

Those hospital monitors are a joke. I once unplugged everything and left the hospital. I was home 45 mins before they called looking for me!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goddessoflubbock For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 01:31 PM

My Mood/Status:
lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!lyn96 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
We're so sorry about all these issues. I don't understand the breathing problems. Just try and stay strong. We are praying for you and John.

Giant Hugs from the West Coast.
Luv,
Lyn and family
The Following User Says Thank You to lyn96 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 04:41 PM

Life is good!

2015 YTD Savings: $9370
My Mood/Status:
nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!nowpoints has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Prayed this AM for John's breathing to be restored.
The adrenaline from the fear for your DH must be fueling you, prayed you both will be able to sleep tonight with a new day of recovery in the AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to nowpoints For This Useful Post: