Writing Letters To Manufacturers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 04:48 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

robinvanv has posted more than 50 good deals
Writing letters to manufacturers?

Do you write letters to manufacturers in the hopes that they'll send you coupons? What information do you provide? Do you usually praise their product/s or complain? Do you have a sample format that I could see? Also, is there a list of companies with addresses somewhere on this site? I've been getting addresses from the boxes of some items but haven't started writing yet. Have you gotten many coupons this way?

Thanks!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:42 PM

RE: Writing letters to manufacturers?

lovin my sailor and my son, and my savings :)

My Mood/Status:
katiemae98 has posted more than 150 good deals!katiemae98 has posted more than 150 good deals!
That is a great question, I've been wondering the same, I wanted to try and contact companies about baby items and baby formula
Old 12-07-2009, 08:52 PM

https://www.facebook.com/doterraoilswithkim?ref_ty...

My Mood/Status:
Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yes, I send messages to manufacturers hoping to get coupons. I don't come right out and ask for coupons. I usually send emails. Sometimes I get a response and sometimes not. I go to the site and click on "contact us" and email from there. Here is a sample of something I would send regarding Sunny D.

I am writing to let you know how much my family enjoys Sunny D. Its our first choice of beverage with our breakfast. My kids would drink it all day if I would let them. Thanks for producing such an excellent drink.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:56 PM

needs a maid!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
philomena83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!philomena83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!philomena83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!philomena83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!philomena83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!philomena83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!philomena83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!philomena83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!philomena83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!philomena83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!philomena83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I usually write to compliment, and I do ask for coupons. The last time I wrote, I just went through my pantry and looked at what I had, then sent about five emails a day for about a week. You'd be surprised how many high value and free q's you get!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to philomena83 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 09:04 PM

lovin my sailor and my son, and my savings :)

My Mood/Status:
katiemae98 has posted more than 150 good deals!katiemae98 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Thanks for that info!
Old 12-07-2009, 09:17 PM

how did I shop before q's?

My Mood/Status:
coley31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coley31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coley31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coley31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coley31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coley31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!coley31 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I did this 2 weeks ago, spent a couple of hours emailing companies and telling them why I liked their products. The response was great! I've been getting fantastic q's in the mail ever since. My favorite was for a free box of Glad Trash bags up to 10.99 in value! Lots of other good ones too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coley31 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 09:21 PM

too much to do!

My Mood/Status:
gavinsmom1020 has posted more than 25 good deals
I have written to companies and they do send out high value and free coupons! I usually tell them that I like their product and why.

A friend of mine has a great program on her blog called the 5-a-day where she posts links to 5 companies each day that you can write to. It's how I got started. I'd put up the link but I'm new to the forums, I don't know if I'm allowed too?
The Following User Says Thank You to gavinsmom1020 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 10:28 PM

My Mood/Status:
melowe has posted more than 50 good deals
Hi, I am a newbie, but I wrote the manufacturer of Gilette Venus razors and told them I loved how they curved to all my curves and they sent me 2 five dollar off a Venus razor and 3 - 3 dollar off a Venus razor. Cool. I also got a coupon from the makers of Endust. I told them I would like to try their product. Also, I wrote Bounce and they sent me a 1 dollar off coupon. Sometimes it pays to praise them or just ask for a coupon. HTH.
The Following User Says Thank You to melowe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 11:41 PM

My Mood/Status:
nicholejeff has posted more than 200 great deals!nicholejeff has posted more than 200 great deals!nicholejeff has posted more than 200 great deals!
I have written companies about various issues. Some I have flat out asked for coupons and others I have not. The only surprise I received was when I advised Heinz that I really like their product and asked for coupons and they told me to look in the newspaper!
Old 12-08-2009, 10:54 AM

too much to do!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholejeff View Post
I have written companies about various issues. Some I have flat out asked for coupons and others I have not. The only surprise I received was when I advised Heinz that I really like their product and asked for coupons and they told me to look in the newspaper!
Pampers did that to me.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:02 AM

Having fun finding deals

My Mood/Status:
littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!littleprincess has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
SC Johnson is a good company to contact. They send out great coupons. ( Some for freebies)
Old 12-08-2009, 11:28 AM

is rocking the Maize and Blue

My Mood/Status:
MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!MichiganMan has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleprincess View Post
SC Johnson is a good company to contact. They send out great coupons. ( Some for freebies)
Agree ... great place to start ... highly recommend!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:32 PM

hasheivy has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hasheivy has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hasheivy has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hasheivy has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hasheivy has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!hasheivy has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I don't ask for coupons, because I get turned down a lot by taking that approach. I've heard a lot to "check the paper or magazines for savings"

Usually I just write a specific compliment, and add that we are loyal to their brand.
If you have pets, Purina is also very generous with coupons.

Please click Thanks if this post helps or makes you smile
The Following User Says Thank You to hasheivy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2009, 03:15 PM

too much to do!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasheivy View Post
I don't ask for coupons, because I get turned down a lot by taking that approach. I've heard a lot to "check the paper or magazines for savings"

Usually I just write a specific compliment, and add that we are loyal to their brand.
If you have pets, Purina is also very generous with coupons.
There was one company...I think it was Shick that specifically said on there contact page that they do not fulfill requests for coupons. But I sent them an e-mail with my compliment anyway (because I had a sincere compliment) and they sent me a coupon!

So I would always take the compliment approach instead of the "gimme coupons" way.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
makat2u has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!makat2u has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!makat2u has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!makat2u has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!makat2u has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!makat2u has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!makat2u has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
A couple months ago I wrote Pillsbury about their Cream Cheese Frosting & how terrible I thought it was because it was the stringiest, goopiest & nastiest tasting frosting I have ever gotten from them and I had to throw my cake out, not even my granddaughter liked it Still have not heard a word from them. Gee...I wonder if I hurt their feelings???
Old 12-19-2009, 01:41 PM

doing the Christmas thing!

My Mood/Status:
mtibbs has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mtibbs has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mtibbs has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mtibbs has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mtibbs has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!mtibbs has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholejeff View Post
Wow, I bet you never thought of looking in the newspaper for coupons before, eh?
Old 12-19-2009, 02:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
kimbra923 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!kimbra923 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I also sent a comment to Schick and received a $2 coupon...
Old 12-19-2009, 06:36 PM

jlstich has posted more than 300 great deals!jlstich has posted more than 300 great deals!jlstich has posted more than 300 great deals!jlstich has posted more than 300 great deals!
I emailed how much we like Sweet Baby Ray bbq sauce and today recieved a coupon for a free bottle and 2 other coupons for $1.00 bbq sauce and $1.00 off kens dressing. No expiration dates on the coupons either. Great company !
Old 12-19-2009, 06:50 PM

Ready for spring!

My Mood/Status:
lerna83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lerna83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lerna83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lerna83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lerna83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lerna83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lerna83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lerna83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lerna83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lerna83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!lerna83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I do this alot for the brands/companies I love/buy regularly. Within the last month, I got frees for Glad (up to $10.99), Country's Bobs (free bottle) and several different Frees from SC Johnson Co. (makers of Ziploc, Glade, etc.). I also got alot of high dollar Qs. This is a wonderful thing to do to let companies know how their products are received and a chance to get yourself some great Qs!

, proud mama to Hannah (11/22/2008)
and Emma (01/23/12)
Old 12-19-2009, 07:49 PM

w
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
lorindaleigh has posted more than 300 great deals!lorindaleigh has posted more than 300 great deals!lorindaleigh has posted more than 300 great deals!lorindaleigh has posted more than 300 great deals!
I email 5 to 10 companies a day. I get coupons in the mail 6 days a week. Emailing a company works just as good as snail mail. Better IMO because its free & quicker. You also get better coupons if you include a UPC #. Its as easy as Googling it!
Old 12-19-2009, 08:21 PM

Thankful

My Mood/Status:
Amberbamber has posted more than 400 great deals!Amberbamber has posted more than 400 great deals!Amberbamber has posted more than 400 great deals!Amberbamber has posted more than 400 great deals!Amberbamber has posted more than 400 great deals!
I do a mass emailing about every three months. I keep track of who I email and what the response is. I only email for products I use all the time or have recently tried and liked. I compliment and ask for coupons. The last round of emails I sent I emailed 37 companies. The companies that consistently send complimentary and/or cents off coupons to me are: SCJohnson for Ziploc, Glade and Windex. Campbells for: V8 Juice, Campbells soup (they sent me 2/$3 toward any combo of Campbells products last time), Fresh Express, Vlasic, Ore-Ida, Bimbo Bakeries (they send multiple $1 off coupons every time I email them), Meuller's pasta, White Cloud, Marcal, Coffeemate (they sent multiple $1.50/1 last time), Mario Olive/Camacho foods (Comp and cents off each time), Zatarain's (Comp and cents off). These are just a few of the companies I've had really good luck with. Best of luck and hope this helps!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Amberbamber For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2009, 08:50 PM

https://www.facebook.com/doterraoilswithkim?ref_ty...

My Mood/Status:
Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Beautemous02 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I recently emailed Chef Michaels and received a coupon up to $15 for a bag of free dog food.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:22 PM

My Mood/Status:
Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Sher71481 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Amber that is extremely helpful thank you!! Wish i could rep you more!!

Hi!! I'm Sherry Mom to Jordan (14)
, [color="Magenta"]Big fluffy fat Cat Mia
and a cute little puppy Rusty
Old 12-19-2009, 10:59 PM

My Mood/Status:
ms_eeyore6380 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ms_eeyore6380 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ms_eeyore6380 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ms_eeyore6380 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ms_eeyore6380 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ms_eeyore6380 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ms_eeyore6380 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!ms_eeyore6380 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Thanks all for the tips. I just emailed SC Johnson hopefully I can get some Glade qs as I'm addicted to the oil candles.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:50 AM

Thankful

My Mood/Status:
Amberbamber has posted more than 400 great deals!Amberbamber has posted more than 400 great deals!Amberbamber has posted more than 400 great deals!Amberbamber has posted more than 400 great deals!Amberbamber has posted more than 400 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher71481 View Post
Amber that is extremely helpful thank you!! Wish i could rep you more!!
Sher you're so welcome. I always get so many great tips on AFC it's nice to know I can give a few here and there too. Merry Christmas all!!