Asking Company' For Coupons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 11:46 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
Kidajohn has posted more than 1 good deal
Asking company' for coupons

Has anyone lately written to any co. to ask them for coupons.
Which ones did respond?
Which are good co. to ask for coupons?
Thank for your help

Ute
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kidajohn For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 09-24-2008, 11:49 AM

RE: Asking company' for coupons

I LOVE COUPONING

My Mood/Status:
busymomx2 has posted more than 400 great deals!busymomx2 has posted more than 400 great deals!busymomx2 has posted more than 400 great deals!busymomx2 has posted more than 400 great deals!busymomx2 has posted more than 400 great deals!
delmonte is good

Just go through your pantry and jot down a list of the email address' on items you use. Go to their web site and compliment them on a particular product. Normally they will send you some great coupons. Keep a log of who you email and what response you get. It is interesting to see who responds and with what.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to busymomx2 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2008, 11:55 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Doodlebug has posted more than 25 good deals
I write to them all the time! I just got 2 $1/1 Q's from Combo's! I have wrote to Barilla, SC Johnson (and every product I mentioned I got a FREE Q) Nestle Quik, Hefty, and so many I don't remember. Mostly I send out a typed letter but also will send them emails too. I have had companies that I have emailed, email me back and ask me for my address so they could send me coupons. I went thru my cupboards and started writing everything down I used with their USPS address. Somewhere I have the book but it's not at my fingertips or I'd write down more that I have wrote and emailed. Most of them send coupons, the only ones that didn't were Coke (for powerade) and General Mills.
JMO, but you should write/email to the companies of products you use the most of. If you don't mind talking on the phone, most of the companies have toll free numbers right on their packages.
HTH

Somewhere there is a thread on here about companies others have gotten Q's from. If I find I will post the thread link.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Doodlebug For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2008, 12:06 PM

My Mood/Status:
wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!wkfrank29 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I just wrote to a bunch of companies and the ones that sent something back were... Dole (salad), Fresh Express, Breyers, Fleishmans Yeast, Boboli... there might be others. The q's I gt weren't the greatest (no FREE's ), but they all help! Especially since I know I like and use these products.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
& Claire
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wkfrank29 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2008, 12:13 PM

tired

My Mood/Status:
tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!tootsie roll has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Here is a thread with lots of posts about coupon requests that have recently worked for lots of us

http://www.afullcup.com/forums/coupo...y-coupons.html

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Mahatma Ghandi
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tootsie roll For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2008, 12:14 PM

granddaughter Skye born May 19th =)
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Tara has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Tara has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Tara has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Tara has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Tara has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Tara has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Tara has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Tara has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Tara has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Tara has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!Tara has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
- check out these forums for information about contacting companies for coupons

http://www.afullcup.com/forums/coupon-borg/ - sticky list of manufactorers and people post all the time about their results with specific companies.

http://www.afullcup.com/forums/coupon-chatter/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tara For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2008, 11:29 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
I wrote to Flat Earth Snacks and they sent me a Q for a free bag and a .55 cents off Q any flavor/variety 6 oz size.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doodlebug For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2008, 01:45 PM

coupons are our friends!

My Mood/Status:
justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!justfluffyme has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I say write to EVERYONE! The worst they can do is say no. Big deal, you're no worse off than before! If they say yes, then woohoo, so much the better! Always remember you don't ask, you don't get. Oh and compliment the product, it helps.

Lauren
AFC
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justfluffyme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2008, 11:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!theirfavoritemommy has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I have written to a few companies whose products I've never tried, too. I say something like, "
I've never tried your products, but I have heard that they are good. Do you have any samples or coupons that you could send me?" And then I give my address. I always email from the companies' websites (I'm stingy with stamps ). I got an envelope from Ken's with 3 free salad dressing and marinade coupons, plus $1 off BBQ sauce. Campbells (who owns Pepperridge Farms) sent me a Q for $2 off any item for any of the brands they own, but it scanned as $3 off! Kashi sent me several free Qs as well.

Oh, and I almost always give my address to any manufacturer that asks, so I'll be on their mailing list for when they do send mailers out.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to theirfavoritemommy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2008, 07:56 AM

My Mood/Status:
GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!GREAT DEAL MOM has posted more than 400 great deals!
I write to Pilgrims Pride, (fresh chicken, its the only kind we buy, )they always send coupons. Once the sent (4) coupons for a FREE package up to 6.00. the chicken breasts are yummy!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GREAT DEAL MOM For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2008, 09:16 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
And this is also another great way to build your stockpile!! When you have 10 Q's for free stuff......

!Dancing, while putting it on my shelf! LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to Doodlebug For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2008, 09:53 AM

My Mood/Status:
julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!julieleaps has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I use the Contact Us tab on their websites, and usually get a good response. All the above ideas are good. The worst thing they will do is tell you they don't have coupons, that you need to get them from Sunday circulars, and magazines. Dannon was great, with a coupon for a FREE large tub and a bunch of others, too.

Also, when you are dissatisfied with a product, don't hesitate to email them! They appreciate this feedback. I contacted Colgate regarding a toothpaste tube where the seam split, making it very messy to squeeze! I got a letter stating they were having problems with some of their packaging, asked me to mail the tube to them in the SASE padded envie they provided, gave me 2 coupons for free toothpaste, and a bunch of coupons for some of their other products! I also had written an email to Soft & Dri stating that their product was uncomfortably HARD for me to use, and they sent me a check for $4!
The Following User Says Thank You to julieleaps For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2008, 06:50 PM

frugalRN

My Mood/Status:
vmatney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vmatney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vmatney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vmatney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vmatney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vmatney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!vmatney has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
I have requested and received several q's from the manufactor. I use the "contact us" tab usually located at the top of bottom of the page. Just today, I received a $5 voucher and four .25 q's from Bar-S, four .55 form Land of Lakes, 3 $1 from Meir Glen and yesterday I received a sample of tide, cereal and Nestle pure life water. The response has been more than I expected and usually within 10 days of writing to them, I have the product or the q. Hope this helps someone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vmatney For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2008, 07:04 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Go to Coupon Borg & look on the top of thread for this--> Sticky: Manufacturers Internet Contact Information by KellyMarie

click on the hyperlinks and most will contact us pages come up. Fill it out & pay a good or bad compliment to their product...take it from there!

Go to page 2 & look for this thread --> Okay, so I am emailing a lot of companies .... Here you will find all different members of who email different companies and told you what they received in the mail from the company. I hope this helps you! Happy Emailing!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to couponclipper For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2008, 07:06 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Thank You awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by couponclipper View Post
Go to Coupon Borg & look on the top of thread for this--> Sticky: Manufacturers Internet Contact Information by KellyMarie

click on the hyperlinks and most will contact us pages come up. Fill it out & pay a good or bad compliment to their product...take it from there!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doodlebug For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2008, 07:19 PM

Fluent in Coupon

My Mood/Status:
jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!jbarber8 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
PLaytex is really good. I didn't realize they made the sunscreen we use until I saw their website - I got a free Q for tampons up to $5.99! And $3 off the sippy cups we love, and $2 off the sunscreen. WooHoo! We use so much sunscreen.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:20 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Another Way in Getting Coupons

Hi Everyone,

For those like myself who can NOT print out any type of SmartSource Coupons, PLEASE go directly to that website that is offering the coupon. Using the Contact Us form at the top or the bottom of the web page. PLEASE tell them, that you are unable to print out your coupon that was offered by the SmartSource Coupon Installer and would they PLEASE send that coupon or coupons to you by Snail Mail, as you are REALLY interested into using that coupon to buy there Great Products.

I have always received my coupons from the Manufacturers when I am unable to print out any type of SmartSource Coupons. Remember, these Manufacturers want your business and do not want any bad feelings from you to them. FYI - PLEASE always be polite, as it does NOT pay to be Rude to anyone.

Thank you for your time and have a Great Day!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fohrenburger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2008, 06:59 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Personally I like to type out a letter on my puter and send it USPS to the company I am inquiring. I will go thru the 'contact us' on the website also, but I feel that they appreciate it alot more when you type out a letter and send it. (JMHO) Alot of the reason I don't use the websites is because when I am using something whether its in the kitchen, the bathroom, or just cleaning, I look at the product I am using and write their address down in a notebook. Yes it uses stamps but for .42 to get a envie of free coupons, $1's off, or even .50 cents off is well worth it to me to use a stamp. And plus I feel good to personally have wrote them and sent it out in the mail. Like for instance, I wrote to ConArga foods, which they make many products. I let them know how I noticed alot of the products in my house are manufactured by them. I listed the items and told them a little about each thing and why I use it and what I use it for. For every item I mentioned they sent me a coupon for that item. Alot of time I will go to the website to see what else that particular company makes. I guess its a to each your own decision whether you contact them thru their website or send them a personal letter. I guess it really doesn't matter as long as they are gracious enough to send you some Q's
One company that I wrote and never heard back from was white cloud. I also received responses from Pepsico, Frito Lay & General Mills saying thanks for being a loyal customer but that was it. All the others I have wrote sure make up for the ones that don't respond or don't send any Q's. It does take time, but so couponing. We are all in this to save as much money as we can.
I did send out an email to Ken's Salad Dressing. I told them I joined their newsletter and that I had never tried their dressing and I could hardly wait to receive a newsletter with coupons in it. Within the week, I received in the USPS mail 1 q for a free bottle of dressing, 1 Q for a free bottle of marinade, 1 Q for a free bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, $1 Q off Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce and $1 of Ken's salad dressing. I was very happy, and we love the Ken's Steakhouse Buttermilk Ranch!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doodlebug For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2008, 12:53 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!Fohrenburger has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebug View Post
Personally I like to type out a letter on my puter and send it USPS to the company I am inquiring. I will go thru the 'contact us' on the website also, but I feel that they appreciate it alot more when you type out a letter and send it. (JMHO) Alot of the reason I don't use the websites is because when I am using something whether its in the kitchen, the bathroom, or just cleaning, I look at the product I am using and write their address down in a notebook. Yes it uses stamps but for .42 to get a envie of free coupons, $1's off, or even .50 cents off is well worth it to me to use a stamp. And plus I feel good to personally have wrote them and sent it out in the mail. Like for instance, I wrote to ConArga foods, which they make many products. I let them know how I noticed alot of the products in my house are manufactured by them. I listed the items and told them a little about each thing and why I use it and what I use it for. For every item I mentioned they sent me a coupon for that item. Alot of time I will go to the website to see what else that particular company makes. I guess its a to each your own decision whether you contact them thru their website or send them a personal letter. I guess it really doesn't matter as long as they are gracious enough to send you some Q's
One company that I wrote and never heard back from was white cloud. I also received responses from Pepsico, Frito Lay & General Mills saying thanks for being a loyal customer but that was it. All the others I have wrote sure make up for the ones that don't respond or don't send any Q's. It does take time, but so couponing. We are all in this to save as much money as we can.
I did send out an email to Ken's Salad Dressing. I told them I joined their newsletter and that I had never tried their dressing and I could hardly wait to receive a newsletter with coupons in it. Within the week, I received in the USPS mail 1 q for a free bottle of dressing, 1 Q for a free bottle of marinade, 1 Q for a free bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, $1 Q off Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce and $1 of Ken's salad dressing. I was very happy, and we love the Ken's Steakhouse Buttermilk Ranch!!
EXCELLENT POST - Thank You Very Much for posting on how you get your coupons.

YES, I agree with you on Pepsico and Frito Lay, just saying thanks for being a Loyal Customer. But, General Mills always sends me coupons. Another one I don't have any luck with is Coke.

Never tried Ken's Salad Dressing, sounds pretty good, perhaps I should try it sometime.

Thanks again for the EXCELLENT POST and have a Great Day!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fohrenburger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2008, 01:13 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Here is another great thread in the coupon borg:

http://www.afullcup.com/forums/coupo...y-coupons.html

Lots of great places to contact here that others have contacted and what they received.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doodlebug For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2008, 02:46 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
Fohrenburger
I also have a hard time with smartsource. One time it kept printing the same coupons over and over. Not that that was a bad thing, LOL But I had to shut down my printer, because I didn't think it was ever going to stop.
Quite a few times, after hitting print, the first paper comes out blank, the second paper has the Q on it, THEN it just keeps running what paper I have in my printer thru, and I have to shut it down again. Then I have paper jams, but now I have learned when it does it, I just open the paper drawer, and then shut it down so there is no paper in the printer to get jammed when I shut it down. I have a big laser printer, I really hate when I have to shut it down.
Thanks for letting us know you can write them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Doodlebug For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2008, 11:28 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!couponclipper has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I emailed Heinz products and complimented them on their Worcestershire Sauce. They sent me back 6 coupons...2 coupons on Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, 2 coupons on Ore Ida products & 2 coupons on another product (I can't think off hand of the name of it...something I don't use is all I know).
The Following User Says Thank You to couponclipper For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2008, 04:21 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebug View Post
Fohrenburger
I also have a hard time with smartsource. One time it kept printing the same coupons over and over. Not that that was a bad thing, LOL But I had to shut down my printer, because I didn't think it was ever going to stop.
Quite a few times, after hitting print, the first paper comes out blank, the second paper has the Q on it, THEN it just keeps running what paper I have in my printer thru, and I have to shut it down again. Then I have paper jams, but now I have learned when it does it, I just open the paper drawer, and then shut it down so there is no paper in the printer to get jammed when I shut it down. I have a big laser printer, I really hate when I have to shut it down.
Thanks for letting us know you can write them.
Sorry I did not answer you sooner on this post, as I did not subscribe to it.

WOW! Really Awesome. You have a Big Laser Printer.

Reading different stories on the Internet about Printing Smart Source Coupons, people have luck printing Smart Source using the Netscape Browser. I have not tried this, but if anyone wants to try it, PLEASE post back here with your results.

Have a Great Evening!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fohrenburger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2008, 05:37 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Fyi Received A Nice Letter and Coupon from White Cloud

I contacted White Cloud last week and in today's mail I received a nice letter with a $2.00 coupon enclosed on any White Cloud product. COOL!

I used the Contact Us form on their website and told them how really awesome their products were, etc.

Hope this info has helped someone and have a Great Evening!
The Following User Says Thank You to Fohrenburger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2008, 08:00 PM

t-4-2 has posted more than 200 great deals!t-4-2 has posted more than 200 great deals!t-4-2 has posted more than 200 great deals!
McCains frozen potato items, they will send out a nice batch of q's to you once a year. I love their sweet potato fries.

Turkey Hill also sent me some good q's.
The Following User Says Thank You to t-4-2 For This Useful Post: