Moving To CO - Where Should I Shop?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 07:50 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
ES1121 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ES1121 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ES1121 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ES1121 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ES1121 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ES1121 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ES1121 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ES1121 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Moving to CO - where should I shop?

So, my family will be making a big move from the east coast to Fort Collins in the fall. I've started looking into what stores are out there but I'd love to hear from the locals: where do you shop and why?

I'd also love to know coupon policies at the various grocery stores - their websites don't all explicitly state what they are.

Thanks for any advice you all might have!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 08:37 AM

RE: Moving to CO - where should I shop?

listening to the music of the spheres
Buddhist Bon Vivant Pataphysicist!

My Mood/Status:
siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I shop at King Soopers, which is a Kroger affiliate. They will double up to five like coupons per transaction (up to $1 after doubling), and I love the people there. I also shop at Safeway, which doubles the same way KS does, but has never limited my number of like coupons. Safeway has been having the better sales, but almost every time I shop there I find a mistake on my receipt.

I also shop at Wags. I wish we had a CVS or Rite Aid near me in Colorado Springs, but I get all the usual deals at Wags and save a lot of money. Most of the cashiers at my Wags are very nice, and the managers have been great!

When there's a really good deal at Target or Walmart I will go there, but both are a little out of my way. Haven't had a problem at either for quite a while, except that I've found our prices at Walmart are a little higher than some other parts of the planet.

I use Staples for ink cartridge recycling, and generally get all my paper products free that way. I also use Staples as my main office supply store because I am most familiar with them and I'm out there doing my recycling anyway. They have periodic printer paper rebates, and that's when I stock up on that.

Petco is my pet supply store of choice because it's the closest, I have a rewards card, and they do markdowns on stuff fairly frequently.

Dollar General has been disappointing because the prices here don't seem to match the prices on deals I read about most of the time on AFC. Family Dollar is the same way.

If I can help you with any questions, please just PM me any time. I may not know everything, but I'm happy to share what I DO know! I think you'll like it in Colorado. I'm from the East Coast originally, and I love the sunshine, mountains, and lighter traffic out here. The people are pretty nice, too!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:26 AM

My Mood/Status:
ES1121 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ES1121 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ES1121 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ES1121 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ES1121 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ES1121 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ES1121 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!ES1121 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Wow, thanks so much siriradha! Super helpful!! Thanks for the details on King Soopers and Safeway - I think the only other option I'll have is Albertsons which, from what I understand, only doubles on certain weeks (?).

Looks like the big stores I'm going to miss are CVS, Wegman's and Trader Joe's - guess I'll just have to get used to the new and try not to miss them too much!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:45 AM

I got a new job!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
surveyme112 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!surveyme112 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!surveyme112 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!surveyme112 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!surveyme112 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!surveyme112 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!surveyme112 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!surveyme112 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!surveyme112 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!surveyme112 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!surveyme112 has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I just moved to Colorado from Virginia last year. My personal favorites are Wags and King Soopers; I also shop at Walmart and Albertson's on occasion. (It's true Albertson's only doubles coupons on occasion, but they have GREAT deals on meat frequently - like, B1G2 on steak! So I usually shop on those weeks to stock up my freezer.)

Also, according to Google maps, there is a CVS in Fort Collins, but I can't confirm it via CVS's website. I work in Fort Collins occasionally, so I'm planning on checking next time I'm up there.

I miss certain stores too - I'd kill for a Harris Teeter out here! :-D
Old 04-25-2012, 07:18 AM

My Mood/Status:
Thanks for the tip on Albertsons! We're a carnivore household, so I feel like I'm constantly buying meat! 3 grocery stores to keep up with isn't too bad (and if Safeway out there is anything like their Safeway affiliate here (Genuardi's), it won't be worth going very often :-/ ).

I also just found out that there's a coop there, which makes me excited. I loved buying produce at the coop when I lived in New York and I've missed it since we moved to NJ.