New To Colorado Springs/Coupon World

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 06:04 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
guineawhisperer has posted more than 1 good deal
Help Sign New to Colorado Springs/Coupon World

I have only been in Colorado Springs for just over a year. Most of my family is still in the midwest and my boyfriends family lives in California. I have made a few friends here since.

We had to leave almost everything behind in Minnesota so we could just fit it in our van instead of having to spend more money on a rental truck. We came out here without a job or a place to live. (My boyfriend is on disability due to a bad back injury a few years ago.) I got employed, but then was fired because my credit isn't the greatest. So I have been unemployed since August. I have been on unemployment, but that is going to run out really soon! We have food stamps, but with the way my boyfriend drinks milk the food stamps run out quick and then we have to spend quite a bit of money on food. Plus, I just started the Pre-Pharm program to become a pharmacist. So, I want to try couponing as much as I can to try to save money. I NEVER buy things full price unless its a necessity thing, or I try to find a coupon. I can just never get to the amounts (FREE) that some others can do.

I was wondering if someone could help me through it?!?!

I would highly appreciate any help that can be given!

Thanks
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-29-2011, 08:20 PM

RE: New to Colorado Springs/Coupon World

My Mood/Status:
Unhappy Dulcolax and Family dollar

I went to the family dollar here in colorado springs on Uintah. They refused to use my coupons which would in turn make the product free, but I was going to use other items so they wouldn't have to pay me money. She said they are unable to do that and the manager said she could not override it. this was going to be my first coupon haul. (just a small purchase) It is a little discouraging. Would it work if I go to walmart and then have them price match and then use the coupons?
Old 12-30-2011, 03:20 AM

My Mood/Status:
lease has posted more than 25 good deals
I was just in Colorado Springs in August and the Walgreens on Uintah was great about taking coupons. The King Soopers on S Academy was awesome and Walmart did price match and use the coupons on these items. I was teaching my family how to coupon while I was there. Good Luck to you.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:38 AM

It's good to be back!
Too busy for coupons? NEVER!

My Mood/Status:
Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by guineawhisperer
I went to the family dollar here in colorado springs on Uintah. They refused to use my coupons which would in turn make the product free, but I was going to use other items so they wouldn't have to pay me money. She said they are unable to do that and the manager said she could not override it. this was going to be my first coupon haul. (just a small purchase) It is a little discouraging. Would it work if I go to walmart and then have them price match and then use the coupons?
Depending on the product and the coupon you are using this should work.

iPhone user - please forgive any auto-correct errors
Old 12-30-2011, 07:41 AM

It's good to be back!

My Mood/Status:
Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
I have only been in Colorado Springs for just over a year. Most of my family is still in the midwest and my boyfriends family lives in California. I have made a few friends here since.

We had to leave almost everything behind in Minnesota so we could just fit it in our van instead of having to spend more money on a rental truck. We came out here without a job or a place to live. (My boyfriend is on disability due to a bad back injury a few years ago.) I got employed, but then was fired because my credit isn't the greatest. So I have been unemployed since August. I have been on unemployment, but that is going to run out really soon! We have food stamps, but with the way my boyfriend drinks milk the food stamps run out quick and then we have to spend quite a bit of money on food. Plus, I just started the Pre-Pharm program to become a pharmacist. So, I want to try couponing as much as I can to try to save money. I NEVER buy things full price unless its a necessity thing, or I try to find a coupon. I can just never get to the amounts (FREE) that some others can do.

I was wondering if someone could help me through it?!?!

I would highly appreciate any help that can be given!

Thanks
What kind of help do you need? I'm in the springs as well. Are you somewhat new to couponing or just doing it here?

Old 12-30-2011, 11:08 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashahx View Post
What kind of help do you need? I'm in the springs as well. Are you somewhat new to couponing or just doing it here?

New to couponing. I always try to find the best deal already. My issue is matching coupons with ads and if a store has issues with coupons.

If you go to the dulcolax website there are two coupons. One is for $5/2 and the other is $3/1 and the product is $2.50. I tried to use it at the family dollar last night on Uintah and well the manager was called up and she refused to take them!
Old 12-30-2011, 11:12 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lease View Post
I was just in Colorado Springs in August and the Walgreens on Uintah was great about taking coupons. The King Soopers on S Academy was awesome and Walmart did price match and use the coupons on these items. I was teaching my family how to coupon while I was there. Good Luck to you.
Thanks. I have been to the King soopers on S Academy, and its not my favorite store. I am not very happy with them. Mainly their customer service and the Pharmacy. I have always had issues with this store. I prefer the King Soopers on Uintah. Thanks for the tip at walgreens! I actually do not live that far (like 5 blocks away). I am going to try to go to walmart and get the dulcolax. My bf goes through so much because of the medication he is on. So if I can stock up on it, it would be FABULOUS!!
Old 12-30-2011, 11:32 AM

It's good to be back!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:

New to couponing. I always try to find the best deal already. My issue is matching coupons with ads and if a store has issues with coupons.

If you go to the dulcolax website there are two coupons. One is for $5/2 and the other is $3/1 and the product is $2.50. I tried to use it at the family dollar last night on Uintah and well the manager was called up and she refused to take them!
Good new is you can use these at Walmart without price matching!! They have them for $1.98 you'll get overage!!!

Old 12-30-2011, 11:36 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashahx View Post
Good new is you can use these at Walmart without price matching!! They have them for $1.98 you'll get overage!!!

Sweet thank you so much!! I was gonna go to walmart in a day or so. Have a lot going on today and tomorrow.

I appreciate the help!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:48 PM

My Mood/Status:
pattondollard
Hi I have been couponing off and on for over 10 years. I also run a group of awesome couponers if you would like to join. Send me a PM and I will give you my info. Thanks

Sandy
Old 01-03-2012, 10:53 PM

My Mood/Status:
I went to wally world to get the dulcolax. And because of it I got 64 tabs (8 boxes of 8) for free plus 3 boxes of excedrin extra strength free (3 boxes of 20). I had $2.00 off coupons for the excedrin.

Before the coupons my total came to $33, afterwards i only paid $5.15!!! THIS IS EXCITING FOR ME! LOL Thanks Shashahx for the tip on the price at walmart!! REALLY appreciated!
Old 01-04-2012, 05:58 AM

It's good to be back!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
I went to wally world to get the dulcolax. And because of it I got 64 tabs (8 boxes of 8) for free plus 3 boxes of excedrin extra strength free (3 boxes of 20). I had $2.00 off coupons for the excedrin.

Before the coupons my total came to $33, afterwards i only paid $5.15!!! THIS IS EXCITING FOR ME! LOL Thanks Shashahx for the tip on the price at walmart!! REALLY appreciated!
Welcome!! Addicted yet? Lol - happy you found AFC and welcome to Colorado springs!!

Old 01-08-2012, 01:02 AM

My Mood/Status:
I am addicted, but I didn't do so well today as I wanted. The only thing that I think I did GREAT on was the deals on tide, deodorant, and dawn dish detergent at king soopers. But I was reading on the forum under king soopers about their coupon policy and it says that you can use one manufacturer and one ecoupon (store card coupon), well this guy said that you cannot use both. Is it because it was already $1 or not? Or has the policy changed? I was just wondering for future reference.

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 01-08-2012, 08:56 AM

It's good to be back!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
I am addicted, but I didn't do so well today as I wanted. The only thing that I think I did GREAT on was the deals on tide, deodorant, and dawn dish detergent at king soopers. But I was reading on the forum under king soopers about their coupon policy and it says that you can use one manufacturer and one ecoupon (store card coupon), well this guy said that you cannot use both. Is it because it was already $1 or not? Or has the policy changed? I was just wondering for future reference.

Thanks in advance!!!
The policy has changed. You an not use both it will always take the Ecoupon first.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:23 AM

listening to the music of the spheres
Buddhist Bon Vivant Pataphysicist!

My Mood/Status:
siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
x

Last edited by siriradha; 01-08-2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: posted in wrong thread!