Why, Praytell, Would You Subscribe To The Denver Post?

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 07:35 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
NotSoKrazy has posted more than 75 good deals!
Why, praytell, would you subscribe to the Denver Post?

Other than the convenience factor, which would be nice. It was a nippy 15 degrees when I left home this morning at 5 to go get 'em. I've been buying my papers weekly, at King Soopers and then at Walgreens when it occurred to me I had RR in my wallet I could use on papers. I just can't see spending so much up front for papers, when 1 subscription is what, $60 some odd dollars. I get 3-6 papers a week depending on what's in there, so I feel I have more control over my coupon quantities and I'm not clipping any more than I have to.

I always check and make sure I have all the coupon inserts I was supposed to get, but I've noticed that I NEVER get a Walgreens ad or a Rite Aid ad no matter where I get the paper, and this week I had no Target ad either!

Did anyone who subscribed to the Denver Post get the Target ad this week? Have you gotten the Walgreens and Rite Aid ads in the last month?

If so, I might just have to suck it up and get the dang subscription. Better yet, I'll ask for 2 subscriptions for Christmas. *IF* you guys are getting the ads you're supposed to be getting.

Also, how does everyone get their grocery ads? That's really starting to hang me up, I don't want to have to go to King Soopers and Safeway on Wednesday just to get the ads from them. I heard they come in the mail, but we never really used the mail box (It's so far from our apartment it's stupid, and both of our legal addresses are different for insurance reasons) and the post office has probably halted deliveries to our physical address at this point. Am I just out of luck?

Last edited by NotSoKrazy; 12-11-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 10:21 PM

RE: Why, praytell, would you subscribe to the Denver Post?

Up late surfing AFC

My Mood/Status:
funqpingmommy has posted more than 100 good deals!funqpingmommy has posted more than 100 good deals!
I go online and get the Safeway & King Sooper Ads. I like this better because they let you make a shopping list from the ad. I look at the ad, make my list, print it out and then go from there as far as matching up coupons. Plus there on there at midnight Wed. morning so if your a night person, like me, this is handy!
Old 01-08-2012, 01:07 AM

My Mood/Status:
guineawhisperer has posted more than 1 good deal
redplum is one thing you can get ads for safeway and king soopers. You just sign up. There is another one that should automatically come to you and it has the albertsons ad and i believe it also has a coupon insert. When it comes this week I will let you know about it!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to guineawhisperer For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2012, 09:26 AM

listening to the music of the spheres
Buddhist Bon Vivant Pataphysicist!

My Mood/Status:
siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
"Why," you ask. Well, because it's the only decent paper besides the Independent worth reading, and the Independent isn't exactly a big coupon source!

We used to subscribe to the Gazette, but the editorial view was somewhere right of Genghis Khan and the writing ability of the staff was somewhere around that of a moderately intelligent fourth grader! So, we switched to the DP.

I'm delighted with the Denver Post! I get twice as many coupons in a Sunday paper as I ever got with the Gas-ette. I can look at store ads online.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:24 PM

303Mami
Ps u can get weekends only for about $36/year to The Denver Post
Old 04-11-2012, 06:16 AM

Happy!

My Mood/Status:
Lmndrop1 has posted more than 400 great deals!Lmndrop1 has posted more than 400 great deals!Lmndrop1 has posted more than 400 great deals!Lmndrop1 has posted more than 400 great deals!Lmndrop1 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Are northern CO coupon inserts the good ones? Am shopping for a new insert provider and just would appreciate your opinions...thank you
Old 04-13-2012, 06:40 AM

TYSVM to everyone who sends me WL items and BTFE...

My Mood/Status:
MillerTime710 has posted more than 75 good deals!
I agree with you on the Gazette. It is NOT worth reading, but they have an awesome deal with their couponing package that you can attach to your regular subscription.

If I get the post, I have to venture out of my house to get it, so it happens rarely.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:38 AM

listening to the music of the spheres
Buddhist Bon Vivant Pataphysicist!

My Mood/Status:
siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!siriradha has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime710 View Post
I agree with you on the Gazette. It is NOT worth reading, but they have an awesome deal with their couponing package that you can attach to your regular subscription.

If I get the post, I have to venture out of my house to get it, so it happens rarely.
Tell me, when you get your awesome couponing deal, do you actually get the same coupons as those that come with your regular subscription?

I signed up for "Fresh Ink" and I have NEVER gotten all the coupons (such as they are) in the Gazette. The most I've ever received was one insert, and that happens about once every six weeks. I've called and complained, they've promised to fix it, but nothing happened. I think it may be because I don't subscribe to the Gazette regular delivery, although they swore up and down that this wasn't the case.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
I sure do. I get 10 extra papers on Sunday and Wednesday and it only cost me $10 for the whole year. Totally worth it!!!!
Old 04-13-2012, 02:40 PM

My drug of choice "Coupons"

My Mood/Status:
cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!cajungirl has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime710 View Post
I sure do. I get 10 extra papers on Sunday and Wednesday and it only cost me $10 for the whole year. Totally worth it!!!!
Can you tell me how to get the 10 extra papers on Sunday and Wed. I do subscribe to the daily Denver Post.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:45 PM

My Mood/Status:
It's through my subscription to the gazette. The Post definitely doesn't offer it.