Im In Co If Anyone Needs Help Im A Pro

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 10:21 PM

RE: Im in co if anyone needs help im a pro

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
A couponer that LOVES to give back

My Mood/Status:
kksmom610 has posted more than 10 good deals
Great post, may ask ya some questions soon.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-27-2011, 10:26 PM

My Mood/Status:
kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!kmrkat has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehouse1963 View Post
Hi everyone, I am in the Thornton/Brighton area and would love to fins afew couponers to talk with. I started doing this in March dur to being laid off. I have gotten pretty good at it, but I think I still have more to learn. It has become my hobby. I haven't had a hobby in a long time. My grown daughters have started using coupons as well, after seeing me use them. Let me know if you are in my area, I would love someone new to talk to.
I too am in the Thorton/Brighton area off of hwy 7. I have been couponing for about 2 1/2 years and am very good at it. I keep a minimal stock pile and donate a lot.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(4) and Wyatt (11/7/12)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:41 PM

kiersten has posted more than 25 good deals
I would love any help I could get! I have cancer and used to have a really good paying job..we used to have money always coming in and cc to use if needed. With all the hosptal bills and everything it has REALLY hurt us. SO I had been really trying to get all these papers and they just sat in my living room until I found this site I have just been out the last couple days and followed a couple peoples lesd and gotten some FANTASTIC DEALS!! So if you can teach me anything that could HELP MY family get out of this mess I would really apreciate it
Old 08-01-2011, 09:03 PM

It's good to be back!
Too busy for coupons? NEVER!

My Mood/Status:
Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I saw two other people in Safeway today with binders. Neither one seemed to want to give me the time of day - look my way - smile - talk, nothing. I was disappointed as this was the first time I had actually seen other couponers in the store. If you see a fellow couponer, would you strike up a conversation?

iPhone user - please forgive any auto-correct errors
Old 08-01-2011, 09:48 PM

Amazing Member!

Fallyn has posted more than 25 good deals
I think I would!
Old 08-09-2011, 02:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
kellgill1 has posted more than 1 good deal
I'm in Hudson, CO (NE of denver on I-76). Have always been a sale shopper but have added coupons into the mix in June. I usually have the best luck at Safeway or Target (ours has a food center).
Old 08-17-2011, 09:50 AM

2011: 52% overall savings

My Mood/Status:
Mulligans has posted more than 150 good deals!Mulligans has posted more than 150 good deals!
Howdy- I'm in Co as well (southeast El Paso county in Edison). I'm pretty new to AFC and just found this CO forum. Nice to see so many locals.

I shop @ Walgreens (Fountain and in the Springs) & King Soopers on Powers. I used to shop @ Walmart thinking they had the best prices. Ah well, live and learn. I can shop @ the Commissary but it seems like the service charge they tack on @ the register negates the coupons I use. Not sure how to get around that, because I'd go back to shopping there if I could make it worth my while.

I might have to look into using a clipping svc. We also don't get paper delivery out here (or mail service- have to drive a ways to get to the P.O. Box), and selection @ Fuel-B's is meager. The Gazette is a horrible paper but it's usually all that's available.

I have 4 things I want to build up some inventory to replace what I've used:
Body wash and/or Dove soap
Deodorant
Shampoo & Conditioner
Toothpaste (will do that this weekend)

Happy shopping!

-- Jo
Old 08-17-2011, 09:55 AM

My Mood/Status:
Mulligans has posted more than 150 good deals!Mulligans has posted more than 150 good deals!
Howdy- I ran into our neighbor @ Walgreens and she showed me her binder :-)) If I saw someone else I'd probably say howdy to them or say I liked their binder.

-- Jo
Old 08-17-2011, 10:29 AM

It's good to be back!

My Mood/Status:
Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Shashahx has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Mulligans - I'm in Rush!!! Hi!!!

Old 08-17-2011, 02:54 PM

My Mood/Status:
Howdy! I was wondering if some of the local folks might want to get together and throw some unwanted/ unneeded coupons into a pile and take turns picking out what they want from the pile? Sort of an exchange thing w/ out the cost? It was just a thought. Nice to meet you :-)) If you see a woman with a tan Pit Bull in a service dog vest walking the aisles, that'll be me!

-- Jo
Old 08-17-2011, 03:02 PM

It's good to be back!

My Mood/Status:
Haha! I have a tan pit bull too!!! I have been wanting to get together with some locals for a while but I live sofas out it's hard to organize. No o e wants to come out here!! Lol

Old 08-17-2011, 06:15 PM

My Mood/Status:
LOL I run into the same issues- which works out OK because then I don't have to worry about keeping the house spotless in case someone just "drops by". People don't do that here and I like that :-)) I think I've got enough posts now to PM you so I'll give you a holler. Since we just started buying the paper I don't have many insert coupons. Mostly I just use the IP's. Haven't had any trouble using them though. I'm still on the fence about buying inserts or coupons online. It's hard to get over the mental hump of paying for coupons LOL Might be more cost effective though since I don't use a ton of what I do get.

-- Jo
Old 08-17-2011, 10:35 PM

It's good to be back!

My Mood/Status:
Please do pm me!! I have bought them online and it's cheaper than a paper and the coupons are better!! I'm moving into town soon though - so ive been buying papers lately just for packing! Lol

Old 08-18-2011, 07:08 PM

My Mood/Status:
KristinNicole2780 has posted more than 150 good deals!KristinNicole2780 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Hello all!! I am in Washington right now but will be moving to the colorado springs area in a lil over a year. I know thats some time away still but I really want to get to know some people before I move there! as well as the ins and outs and the good stores to go to.. and what papers to buy etc etc. I have lived in WA my whole life so kind of excited for something new.
I live on a military base right now, JBLM and I see mass amounts of couponers daily with binders, like at least 5 or more each time I visit. There is so many of us now that pretty much no one pays attention to anyone and its more of a competition these days unfortunately. Shelves are always cleared within hours or a day or a new deal. The papers are getting stolen, the inserts are being taken out of the papers and many places that used to not have limits on papers.. do now and no store doubles here except for albertsons a few days a month. So basically others are making it hard for us that are honest and going about couponing respectfully in my part of the world. So its kind of more cut throat if you will in my current area. Cost of living is high and no one has any jobs. Tough times. Everyone is looking for the deals, freebies, cheap and overage is actually pretty tough to get unless you go to walmart but I don't live close to one myself.

Anyways i will stop rambling now.. just wanted to say hi and let you know i am excited to be in your neck of the woods ...soon.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:00 PM

It's good to be back!

My Mood/Status:
Looking forward to having you here. Lol - you will have about 5 Walmarts to choose from here. As well as king Soopers (kroger) Albertsons and Safeway. Of course also target family dollar dollar general and Walgreen's.

The best paper to buy is the Denver post. We have some shelf clearing - I think everyone does. But if you go to the right store at the right time - it's fine. For the most part people here are kind and generous. I never have too much problem except at Walgreen's. That's mostly the store for not ordering any or not enough of the sale items. Have nor had a problem with stolen papers or inserts.

Keep in touch and I'm confident you will LOVE Colorado.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:38 PM

My Mood/Status:
KristinNicole2780 has posted more than 150 good deals!KristinNicole2780 has posted more than 150 good deals!
oh man i am really anxious to move there!.. its just the waiting now but thats ok. I want to soak in all the info I can get like a sponge! Thanks for your input! we don't have any king soopers around here or a dollar general. I have seen a lot of posts on deals from dollar general.. we don't have those around here either. I saw that someone had posted a newspaper delivery deal on here for about 12$ a month for the papers at 1 dollar each?? i think.. i was looking for that post but lost it somewheres in this thread. . Is that for the Denver post?

Yep Walgreens is one of the worst here too when it comes to shelf clearing ..FAST. I don't even bother going anymore! I will usually try to PM at walmart if there is a really good deal I wanted from Walgreens. Glad to hear about the papers and inserts. It was on our local news how the rise in peoples newspapers being stolen and there have been a few times i have paid for a newspaper in the machine thingy to find yes papers but no inserts so sad.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:56 PM

My Mood/Status:
kellgill1 has posted more than 1 good deal
You can look forward to King Soopers and Safeway doubling coupons up to .50 face value and rounding others up to a dollar (hard to explain such a simple concept :p). I grew up in Oregon, hubby grew up in both Oregon & Washington. I dont miss the rain much but it is still nice to visit our parents "back home".
Old 11-15-2011, 11:35 PM

My Mood/Status:
pattondollard
If anyone is interested, I hold get togethers where we swap coupons and talk about deals. I would love to meet some new friends, I try to say hi to others with binders, but some people are really rude Especially when I have all my kids with me LOL
Old 11-15-2011, 11:53 PM

It's good to be back!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattondollard
If anyone is interested, I hold get togethers where we swap coupons and talk about deals. I would love to meet some new friends, I try to say hi to others with binders, but some people are really rude Especially when I have all my kids with me LOL
Agreed. Can't figure out if it's because they are busy concentrating on the deals or they just have tunnel vision or just to want to be bothered. I have the same experience. Those without binders stop me to talk about it all the time though

Old 11-16-2011, 10:33 AM

My Mood/Status:
whitehouse1963 has posted more than 5 good deals
I would love to meet other couponers and swap coupons and stories. Do you live in the metro area?
Old 11-16-2011, 10:56 AM

DatsMe
Ok...Im a total noob to this whole thing and to be honast Im finding it a bit overwhelming. I have never used a coupon in my life so I dont even know how they work. When I see people on the shows getting 50 of the same item does that mean they have 50 coupons for each individual one or is one coupopn good for the whole load?? Stupid question i know...
Old 11-16-2011, 11:15 AM

My Mood/Status:
whitehouse1963 has posted more than 5 good deals
It is 1 coupon per item, unless you have a coupon that say 1.00 off 2 then it would be one coupon for two items.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:58 PM

It's good to be back!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsMe
Ok...Im a total noob to this whole thing and to be honast Im finding it a bit overwhelming. I have never used a coupon in my life so I dont even know how they work. When I see people on the shows getting 50 of the same item does that mean they have 50 coupons for each individual one or is one coupopn good for the whole load?? Stupid question i know...
There are no stupid questions!! How else's would you know? We were all new at one time and have to learn so please ask questions!!

Old 11-17-2011, 06:32 PM

My Mood/Status:
pattondollard
I am going to plan a get together and if you would like to come, please send me a PM. If you have kids they are welcome to come and maybe we can all bring a snack to share. I have a few other people who are brand new to couponing so maybe the more experienced people can help them out.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 AM

rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!rebecca6311 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
Glad I found this thread. New to this app. Tried to use different coupon app, but it just didn't interest me the way this one does. I live in Lakewood and will try to post deals when I spot them. Only been couponing since May, but I do all right. Can't believe iever paid full price for stuff