What Do You Do For A Living?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2008, 08:46 PM
fished cutting coupons and is organizing them

My Mood/Status:
NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Update What do you do for a living?

What do you do for a living?

Tell me what you like about your job the most?

What kind of education did you have to have?

Do you have to dress up or can you wear casual wear?

How much do you make a year? You don't have to be exact example my DH makes $50,000 and year~he actually make sevearl hundreds more a year.

Here's the deal~I have been a Stay at Home Mom for over 21+ years. I am 41. My youngest child is 3. I already know I don't want to stay home after DD goes to school full time when she starts kindergarten . I have NO education other than HS diploma. I have applied for Pell grant and NY TAPs and I can get it to go to college. I didn't have a mother figure growing up so all I wanted to be was a SAHM. When DD goes to school full time I would like to get a job. I just have No idea what I want to be. Only thing I wanted to be when I was a child was a SAHM.

I would love to hear about what you do and what kind of education you have. Also do you really like your job?

Last edited by NoahsMomma; 05-26-2008 at 08:58 AM. Reason: changed title to get more of a response
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 05-25-2008, 08:09 AM

RE: What do you do for a living?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
mfostertx has posted more than 150 good deals!mfostertx has posted more than 150 good deals!
I do Investment Accounting for my job.

I love my job. I get to work with all the investments my company does. I think the thing I love the most is the people I work with. Working with nice people really helps, more than you know.

I have a Bachelors Degree in Public Relations, which I obviously didn't go that route if I'm working in Accounting.

I have to dress up every single day of my life. Each man has to wear a suit and tie everyday!! Boo!! No casual Fridays for me.

Good luck in your job search. Why not start at the bottom and work your way up at a company? I think once you get your foot in the door, you are allowed to kind of show your stuff and prove yourself, that way you can move up quickly. I highly suggest going back to school!! I know that would be tough, but so many colleges offer night classes and online classes so you can fit it in your schedule.
The Following User Says Thank You to mfostertx For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2008, 08:19 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Shanda has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shanda has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shanda has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shanda has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shanda has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shanda has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shanda has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shanda has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shanda has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shanda has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Shanda has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
- assistant manager for Taco Bell

- working the late night hours as I'ma night owl and of course the quite nice pay that most don't think fast food pays

What kind of education did you have to have? some college

Do you have to dress up or can you wear casual wear? I wear a uniform
The Following User Says Thank You to Shanda For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2008, 08:22 AM

Mary Kay girl!

My Mood/Status:
amcguirk has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!amcguirk has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!amcguirk has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!amcguirk has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!amcguirk has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!amcguirk has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!amcguirk has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!amcguirk has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!amcguirk has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!amcguirk has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!amcguirk has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I am a teacher and I hold a Bachelor's and a Master's degree. I love my job. We have casual Fridays, which is a nice break, too.
With all of your years of experience with children, you would be great!
If you aren't interested in getting a teaching degree, you could always try to become a para (which is sort of like a helper teacher, usually for kids with special needs), or a sub (which in MO you can do with only 60 hrs. of college credit). Or maybe working at a daycare center? Lots of large companies have child care for their employees and you could work there. What are your interests?
The Following User Says Thank You to amcguirk For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2008, 09:01 AM

My Mood/Status:
NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NoahsMomma has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfostertx View Post
I do Investment Accounting for my job.

I love my job. I get to work with all the investments my company does. I think the thing I love the most is the people I work with. Working with nice people really helps, more than you know.

I have a Bachelors Degree in Public Relations, which I obviously didn't go that route if I'm working in Accounting.

I have to dress up every single day of my life. Each man has to wear a suit and tie everyday!! Boo!! No casual Fridays for me.

Good luck in your job search. Why not start at the bottom and work your way up at a company? I think once you get your foot in the door, you are allowed to kind of show your stuff and prove yourself, that way you can move up quickly. I highly suggest going back to school!! I know that would be tough, but so many colleges offer night classes and online classes so you can fit it in your schedule.
My problem is that when I do start working I will be 45 years old. And I will not have worked at ALL outside the home for 25 years. So I won't have any work experience.

I want to hear what kind of jobs people have to see if I would be interested. I know I like to help people. I like to be on the computer. I like it so much my DH gets jealous and calls it "your boyfriend" . I like to fill out paperwork and enter data. I figured with being home so long I would need an education.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:05 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanda View Post
- assistant manager for Taco Bell

- working the late night hours as I'ma night owl and of course the quite nice pay that most don't think fast food pays

What kind of education did you have to have? some college

Do you have to dress up or can you wear casual wear? I wear a uniform
Can you tell me how much you make a year?
Old 05-25-2008, 09:12 AM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcguirk View Post
I am a teacher and I hold a Bachelor's and a Master's degree. I love my job. We have casual Fridays, which is a nice break, too.
With all of your years of experience with children, you would be great!
If you aren't interested in getting a teaching degree, you could always try to become a para (which is sort of like a helper teacher, usually for kids with special needs), or a sub (which in MO you can do with only 60 hrs. of college credit). Or maybe working at a daycare center? Lots of large companies have child care for their employees and you could work there. What are your interests?
I've actually thought about going to school to become a teacher. But in NY state it is very hard to get a job here on the LI. Very competive. Although the teacher's here make great pay! $60,00 to start! My neighbor is a teacher and she told me the pay they start out at. She currently makes $90,000! And thinks she doesn't make enough. She doesn't use coupons either though.

How do you become a para? Is there a course you can take?
Old 05-25-2008, 09:13 AM

My Mood/Status:
Anyone else work outside the home? I want to hear what you do for a living! Please?
Old 05-25-2008, 10:17 AM

Loves to get people to laugh

rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am a nursing assistant, I make around 40,000 a year, ( I work at the VA and just got my 20 year pin) they do have school for this, but sometimes it is on the job training, I guess it depends on where you are, I got my training at job corps. With being at home all those years, you have TONS of experience, don't let anyone tell you that you don't! If you like helping people and doing computer work, entering data, and doing paper work, it kinda sounds like you would enjoy being a bank teller or secretary. Being a nursing assistant is HARD work and you really need to be a people person to have it work for you. I work with the dementia patients and they have a special place in my heart.
The Following User Says Thank You to rntg83 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2008, 10:45 AM

My Mood/Status:
cmlassengirl has posted more than 25 good deals
Chef Love My Job

cook-Supervisor/College in Susanville, Ca. I love my job. Really not alot of education needed. Just cook larger amounts, easy to learn. You supervise work-study students. That is why god made cookbooks. Hardest part is keeping the students at task and checking work,being timely. I bring home after taxes about$1200.00 per month;the plus is pers retirement, Medical insurance, dental,life Insurance. I only pay $140.00 per month for Medical and the college pays $840.00 of my medical. It is union. I like the kids. I did college as workstudy. Just started moving up and finally went to work for the college. Include a free lunch in that everyday too. Hubby works also. Good job if a people person.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlassengirl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2008, 11:05 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
wildpookey has posted more than 400 great deals!wildpookey has posted more than 400 great deals!wildpookey has posted more than 400 great deals!wildpookey has posted more than 400 great deals!wildpookey has posted more than 400 great deals!
I work for The Hartford Insurance as a Technical Writer. I have been with the company for 10 years. I started as a Sale rep selling Auto and Home insurance to AARP members.

I love the benefits! You get 2 weeks paid vacation right from the start and the sales commissions are very good.

High School Diploma/GED. I now have an Associates Degree in Business Management (thanks to the tuition reimbursement from The Hartford Insurance)

It's casual wear but the motto is, "Dress for the job you want" so if you want to get ahead, dressing up helps.

How much do you make a year?
For a Sales rep job, starting is between 26K-32K and that is base salary not including commission which can be an extra $1K a month. I currently make approximately $43K a year as a Technical Writer.
The Following User Says Thank You to wildpookey For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2008, 11:18 AM

Loves her friends :)
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!KellyMarie has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rntg83 View Post
I am a nursing assistant, I make around 40,000 a year, ( I work at the VA and just got my 20 year pin) they do have school for this, but sometimes it is on the job training, I guess it depends on where you are, I got my training at job corps. With being at home all those years, you have TONS of experience, don't let anyone tell you that you don't! If you like helping people and doing computer work, entering data, and doing paper work, it kinda sounds like you would enjoy being a bank teller or secretary. Being a nursing assistant is HARD work and you really need to be a people person to have it work for you. I work with the dementia patients and they have a special place in my heart.
A nursing assistant here in Arkansas in my area is lucky to make $18K!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KellyMarie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2008, 11:18 AM

MSing for another luxury trip :)
Jurassic Member

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahsMomma View Post
Here's the deal~I have been a Stay at Home Mom for over 21+ years. I am 41. My youngest child is 3. I already know I don't want to stay home after DD goes to school full time when she starts kindergarten . I have NO education other than HS diploma. I have applied for Pell grant and NY TAPs and I can get it to go to college. I didn't have a mother figure growing up so all I wanted to be was a SAHM. When DD goes to school full time I would like to get a job. I just have No idea what I want to be. Only thing I wanted to be when I was a child was a SAHM.
my cousin went back to school when she was 41 and took up nursing. She finished her BSN and passed the NCLEX-RN. She said it was hard but it paid off. she got a job at the local hospital even while she was reviewing for her board exams. she got a raise immediately after passing the board.

there is a need for healthcare personnel in all states for a long time now so finding a job will not be difficult anywhere as long as you are licensed.

my stepMIL went back to school at 50 and took up practical nursing. she got her license and practiced many years before she retired.

if you have the heart and inclination to care for people, consider any of the health care courses.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2008, 11:22 AM

My Mood/Status:
BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!BStroh has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
I work for State Farm Insurance as a sales rep. I am licensed to sell insurance in 13 states and Canada and sell auto insurance over the phone. It is part time work for me so I can stay home in the day with my son. My hours are all evenings, and it works great for us! The education level desired for this job is high school/some college. I have a masters degree however. When my son was born I quit my full time job as a manager at a health club in favor of working part time with MUCH better benefits.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brooke
The Following User Says Thank You to BStroh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2008, 11:30 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I freelance at various television studios doing a variety of studio work. Since I now freelance my yearly income varies depending on how many days I work. I love it- for the most part, I like the variety of what I do. I've have a bachelors degree but you don't need it in this field... it's just good to go to college to make contacts and get 'ins'. I also own a scrapbook store. I suggest that you do something that interests you.. if you do something that interests you the money will come... if you get a job for the money you may never like it.
The Following User Says Thank You to itsbelong For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2008, 11:34 AM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!

I am a rental car manager. However we hire you to start at entry level. Entry level is a lot of work with little pay but when you prove yourself and work up it is great.

I have worked for more then one company and my current company in this field is by far the best. We are very much corp america with rules that we stick to.

The part I like most about my job is it is fun. I get to do differnt things all day long. We clean the cars, we do the paperwork, pick up and take the customers home/work, talk on the phone.
We have great medical, vision and dental benefits. We you work your way to my level and up we also get a company car. The down fall is we have to change cars every day so we cannot leave personal items like car seats in them. The positive is I don't pay a car payment or gas the company pays. I also can use the car for personal errands and when I go on vacation I get one for the week with out paying rental fees. NOT all rental car companys have this benefit.

This industry states they prefer at least an AA in business or marketing. You have to be able to sale upgrades, coverage and gas to the customers. This is how we make our money. We do give you training and we are not like some companies that force the customer to take it. We teach you how to ask the customer if they have the right kind or coverage and educate them incase they don't. Coverage is very different in every state and I have never worked in NY so if your hired just go thru the classes with a positive attitude and learn as much as you can. Do you have to dress up or can you wear casual wear?
Depends on the type of place you work. Airport we have uniforms. If it is a free standing office it will depend on the office some have uniforms others where business casuel slacks.skirt and a dress shirt. If your in a corp office you would wear business attire.

How much do you make a year? This depends on a few things what state your in. You would make a per hour wage to start plus commission on everything you sale. If/When you are management you would make salary and quarterly bonuses. We tell you the average person makes 36,000 to start. But if you can sell the sky is the limit.

HTH

Last edited by Willowlynn; 05-25-2008 at 11:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Willowlynn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2008, 12:10 PM

My Mood/Status:
Thanks everyone! Anyone else want to tell me about your job?
Old 05-25-2008, 12:20 PM

Loves to get people to laugh

rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie View Post
A nursing assistant here in Arkansas in my area is lucky to make $18K!
Welllll...... I do work for the government....... and I have been there for 20 years, plus the fact we are on the outskirts of Washington DC so that makes the pay somewhat higher.
The Following User Says Thank You to rntg83 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2008, 12:31 PM

is waiting for her DS to visit 3/27
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I am an administrative assistant for the Pre-Owned dept at a Lexus Dealership.
Or you could say 'wife and mother to all'

I have tons of freedom. Come and go as I please, for the most part. Stay on AFC all day. I work with a group of great guys. All men. I have been there 8.5 yrs now.

I have a GED with ***. degree in Business. (which really means I only took 2 years of classes and had to start working.) I was a single parent of three. I have been in the car bus. for about 25 yrs now. Was an office mgr, dry waller, day care worker, accts payable ect. But this is what I love to do.

I wear a uniform. Ugly and I hate it.

Last year my tax base was 42.500. I do get some perks, overtime, inventory stuff like that so my pay will adjust to however much of this I can get in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Following User Says Thank You to lifeworthliving For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2008, 12:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeworthliving View Post
I am an administrative assistant for the Pre-Owned dept at a Lexus Dealership.
Or you could say 'wife and mother to all'

I have tons of freedom. Come and go as I please, for the most part. Stay on AFC all day. I work with a group of great guys. All men. I have been there 8.5 yrs now.

I have a GED with ***. degree in Business. (which really means I only took 2 years of classes and had to start working.) I was a single parent of three. I have been in the car bus. for about 25 yrs now. Was an office mgr, dry waller, day care worker, accts payable ect. But this is what I love to do.

I wear a uniform. Ugly and I hate it.

Last year my tax base was 42.500. I do get some perks, overtime, inventory stuff like that so my pay will adjust to however much of this I can get in.
What does a administrative assistant do exactly? It sounds interesting
Old 05-25-2008, 12:43 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!lifeworthliving has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I keep the dept running! The most important part of my job is to go thru all the car sales from our department and make sure the paperwork is in order, the money is right, and it gets processed in a timely manner. Tons of paper work, phone calls, looking for, ordering for, researching, meetings, vacations, classes, reports.

If you are a multi tasker, and can stand being with a 20 cry babies all day then this job is for you! I swear most men (at least the ones I work with) can't do anything for themselves. And it doesn't matter how many times I tell them how, each and every time I have to explain it again. But for the most part I enjoy my job.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:27 PM

My Mood/Status:
mfostertx has posted more than 150 good deals!mfostertx has posted more than 150 good deals!
Oh, one more thing. There is a sahm in my neighborhood who has a set of 1 year old twins and a 3 year old. She works at Home Depot and gets to work at night and on the weekends and makes $10/hour or higher. I think she is a cashier.
The Following User Says Thank You to mfostertx For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2008, 01:39 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahsMomma View Post

How much do you make a year? You don't have to be exact example my DH makes $50,000 and year~he actually make sevearl hundreds more a year.

I would love to hear about what you do and what kind of education you have. Also do you really like your job?
I must say I am envious of you! I would love to stay home. Don't want to take care of kids anymore, but I would have the best looking yard and a stockpile that just won't stop!

You married well. Good job.

Old 05-25-2008, 03:24 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeworthliving View Post
I must say I am envious of you! I would love to stay home. Don't want to take care of kids anymore, but I would have the best looking yard and a stockpile that just won't stop!

You married well. Good job.

Funny you should say that~I am selling my stockpile in 2 weeks in my yardsale, me & the neighbors are have. And I was working in the yard today with my garden(me & the kids). Tomorrow I am cutting the grass for DH.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:32 PM

Everyone's busy...don't use that as an excuse.

My Mood/Status:
brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!brownie16 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a breast ultrasound technologist.

Love the interaction w/ my patients, and it is very fulfilling, knowing I have someone else's life in my hands. (Literally, if I do my job wrong, someone could die, and I take that very seriously.)

There are different avenues you could go, but around here it is 1 year college prereq's, 2 years x-ray school, 2 years ultrasound school

Uniforms

: My company website says my job starts at $20.79/hr which is $43,000/yr. I work only part-time, but I've been there 10 years so I make significantly more per hour.

Do I like my job? Yes, I like what I do, but I have very poor management and work w/ 20 other women, need I say more?
The Following User Says Thank You to brownie16 For This Useful Post:

Tags
living