Any Problems With Sears Portrait Studio? Please Post Here....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 02:01 PM
is searching high and low for Pampers Points!

My Mood/Status:
LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Question Any problems with Sears Portrait Studio? Please post here....

I recently took my DS to Sears Portrait Studio, mainly because I have a Sears card, and I had coupons (of course). Well, we took some cute naked baby pictures, and while DS had his diaper off, he peed on the background drape that they had him lying on. I apologized for the pee, and then noticed that the drape was covered with pee and spit up spots that had dried on the drape. It looks like they never wash it! I had a customer service e-mail printed out on the Sears receipt, so I completed the e-mail and told them how disgusted I was by the lack of cleanliness (not to mention the germs). They were also understaffed that day, and it took us 2 1/2 hours to get the whole thing done (including portrait selection). I requested that they contact me regarding my experience, and it's been a few weeks now, with not a word from Sears.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences with a Sears Portrait Studio? I'm thinking about going to JC Penny's next time.
Michael Landon, (1936 - 1991)
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:42 PM

RE: Any problems with Sears Portrait Studio? Please post here....

is searching high and low for Pampers Points!

My Mood/Status:
LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!LauraO has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Michael Landon, (1936 - 1991)
Old 04-22-2008, 05:48 PM

loves twinners boxes!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!mama2gavin has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Yeah, my friend has had problems with them. I think they had done a deal at Christmas time where they got a 1 pose picture package for a really good price.

Well to make a long story short, they picked a picture that she had her mouth open in, instead of one of the others they has taken (Sears got to choose the "best" pic for the package)

Other than that, I haven't heard anything about them not being clean, although I cannot imagine laying my baby naked on anything right now. (He peed, and got poo on the carpet tonight).

I get my pics done at olan mills, and they always do an awesome job!
The Following User Says Thank You to mama2gavin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2008, 05:55 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

EngineersWife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!EngineersWife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!EngineersWife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!EngineersWife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!EngineersWife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!EngineersWife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!EngineersWife has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
I hate, hate, hate my sears but my BF loves the one near her. I think it is all in the photographers. Sears doesn't require any kind of training (or at least mine doesn't) so Joe Blow can walk off the street and start snapping pictures. We've tried them three times now and each time I walked out with one 5x7 because they totally sucked.

I'd say give them a try. Remember you don't have to buy anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to EngineersWife For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2008, 06:03 PM

Working

My Mood/Status:
pearl73 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearl73 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearl73 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearl73 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearl73 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearl73 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!pearl73 has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
My friend and I made appts and went and had nothing but problems, they were unorganized, my pictures didn't arrive on date promised, they were rude, we waited for what seemed like forever, blah blah I could go on longer. I was very disapointed. I did send an e-mail to them and they thanked me for letting them know and said they would check into it...I did not notice anything dirty but the props were old, torn, written on, you would think they could invest in a couple new things. I was given 3 free sheets on my next visit because my pictures didn't arrive on time, which I will use but definatly at another location, then after that I don't plan on going back. My $7 Walmart specials are much cheaper and they treat you alot better.
Michelle
The Following User Says Thank You to pearl73 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2008, 09:15 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!babyrn has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I wasn't too impressed with Sears. We were the only ones there when we went and my baby was not in the best of moods. She just didn't want to smile. Anyways, the photographer had no problem telling me that she was on a time limit and we had to get moving! Then when we were making our selection, the girl answering the phone came over and said that there was someone who just booked an online appt 15 minutes from that time. Well, she was NOT happy! She went on and on complaining in front of us! Very unprofessional if you ask me! So, I had two coupons (of course!) and I decided to use the one for a portrait package. I handed her both coupons since they were together and she ripped the other one up! I was a little miffed, but I have another one, so I let it go. I really like Picture People, they do a really good job and we never feel rushed!
The Following User Says Thank You to babyrn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2008, 09:27 PM

Booking Newborn Photo shoots!

My Mood/Status:
QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!QBMOM has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I didn't care for either Sears or Pennys. Both places rushed me even though I waited for 2 or more hours at each one, on more than one occasion. I was so tired of being treated like I had no clue what I was doing, while the photographer was huffing, puffing, and trying to take pictures!
I took my nephew and my son, who are 3 months apart, to get Christmas photos done for thier first Christmas. I told the lady that I was going to change their outfits while she was changing the backgrounds, and she told me I had to hurry because they were 3 hours behind. I said, I know, I waited for nearly 3 hours, and I was going to change their clothes, regardless of the fact that they were behind schedule.

In the end, I just spent a lot of money for a 10 mp digital camera. My pictures are way better than theirs, and I don't have to wait in a room full of screaming children anymore!
The Following User Says Thank You to QBMOM For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2008, 09:56 PM

if you can't be an athlete
be an athletic supporter!!

My Mood/Status:
schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!schatz has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I can't say we have ever had bad pictures taken at SEARS they are always beautiful! I think it all depends on the photographer!
The Following User Says Thank You to schatz For This Useful Post:

Tags
portrait, post, problems, sears, studio