Squeeky Wheel Gets The Grease!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2015, 05:22 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!Gransonec has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Squeeky Wheel Gets The Grease!

Okay, this has been a really bad season for ordering stuff online, for me. The biggest ding was the tv I ordered at Walmart. I went to pick it up, on Tuesday, and they tried to give me something I did not order. I ordered a 43-inch LG 43LF5400 and they tried to give me a 43-inch Vizio D43. I had researched both televisions and dismissed the Vizio D43, because it seems to have more than a few bad reviews. I was going with great picture and good reviews, over smart tv features. I was told that they were out of the one I ordered and were giving me an upgrade. Nope, because I knew better and I would not accept what they were offering. I was told the only thing they could do for me was give me a refund, which I had no choice but to accept. I was more than a little bit upset, because they had already charged my card and the email I received said that the refund could take up to 2 billing cycles. Why was that right, when they say they didn't even have what I ordered? Oh, and the one I ordered is still showing as being available, at this store. I just got more and more ticked off. I wrote about it, on Walmart's facebook, and was given a link to supply more information. I did that and got back an automated response. There was an issue, last month, again, with same day pick up, at the same store. Same process. So, I knew the automated response was all I was going to get. So, I wrote a different email to Walmart customer service. Within a few hours, I got a call, from the store Manager. Miraculously, they were able to find the television I ordered and it's now waiting for me to pick it up, with a $50 discount. I don't know what corporate did. But, I could hear several people, working with the Manager, trying to find that exact television. I don't feel 'great' about having to contact corporate. But, finally, a good result, for me.

The other issue, early last month, was that I ordered 2 dolls for same day pickup. It was the birthday, of one of my nieces, and I had to buy for another birthday, in December. I got an email saying that they didn't have the dolls and the order was canceled, which would have been fine. I should not have been out anything. Cancellations are not a big problem. But, the same email said, 'for my convenience', they were going to 'rush' the dolls to the store in 3 to 6 days. That, also, just so happens to have been the new availability date for the dolls at all area stores. Apparently, I had no choice because they canceled out the first order and created a new order number. They said I could cancel, by 5:36 am (the next day). But, the site gave an earlier time and wouldn't let me cancel, anyway, even tough I tried a bunch of time, hours before the earlier time. The new order number also didn't show up in my account, until well into the next day. So, there was absolutely no way for me to cancel the order. They charged me and I was paying for the dolls, whether I wanted them or not. Of course, I didn't want them, 6 days too late. Anyway, I said to myself that I wasn't going to pick up those dolls and they would just have to send them back and refund my credit card. But, apparently not. Although, they are only supposed to keep orders for 7 days, I noticed that this order never fell off my account. So, I was curious, when I went to pick up the television and asked the cashier, if they still had those dolls. I was a little shocked, when she brought them from the back. It was more than a month after they were supposed to have gone back. Since I had already long paid for them, I finally took them home - LOL They are beautiful dolls and the girls are going to love them. When you turn the crowns, the dresses change. They are worth more than the $5 each I paid for them. I'm kind of glad they never sent them back, because they are much bigger than I thought. But, still, the process by which I now have these dolls was just wrong.

This is the doll
I thought they would be little dolls. But, they are 12-inches tall. I have to admit $5, for Disney Princess dolls, will make for some great Christmas presents.
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-24-2015, 02:19 PM

RE: Squeeky Wheel Gets The Grease!

It's S-U-M-M-E-R!

My Mood/Status:
ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!ReuschHome has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Sometimes it pays to be the squeaky wheel. Glad to hear it worked out OK, even if not as originally planned.