Malt-o-meal Recall

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 05:15 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!grace.maddie has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
malt-o-meal recall

FDA News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 12, 2008
Media Inquiries:
Michael Herndon, 301-827-6242
Consumer Inquiries:
888-INFO-FDA

Salmonella Illnesses in Multiple States may be Linked to Recently Recalled Cereal
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) today announced that at least 23 people in 14 states have been diagnosed with salmonellosis that was caused by the same strain of Salmonella that was found in the recently recalled unsweetened Puffed Rice and unsweetened Puffed Wheat Cereals produced by Malt-O-Meal.

The recalled products were distributed nationally under the Malt-O-Meal brand name as well as under private label brands including Acme, America's Choice, Food Club, Giant, Hannaford, Jewel, Laura Lynn, Pathmark, Shaw's, ShopRite, Tops and Weis Quality. The cereals have "Best If Used By" dates from April 8, 2008 (coded as "APR0808") through March 18, 2009 (coded as "MAR1809").

Consumers should throw out any product in their homes from these recalled lots. Grocery stores and other retailers should promptly remove the cereals from their shelves.

Salmonella is a type of bacteria that can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems. Symptoms of foodborne Salmonella infection include nausea, vomiting, fever, diarrhea, and abdominal cramps. In persons with poor health or weakened immune systems, Salmonella can invade the bloodstream and cause life-threatening infections.

Individuals who believe they may have experienced an illness consistent with the symptoms described above after consuming a puffed wheat or puffed rice cereal made by Malt-O-Meal should contact their health care practitioner immediately and report the illness to their state or local health authorities.

On April 5, 2008, Malt-O-Meal voluntarily recalled the cereals because the company’s routine testing found Salmonella in a product produced on March 24, 2008.

The FDA is working with Malt-O-Meal to determine the cause of the contamination and with the states and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to identify and prevent additional illnesses.

A full list of recalled products can be found at information.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to grace.maddie For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:34 PM

RE: malt-o-meal recall

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Willowlynn has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I just saw this and was going to post it. You beat me to it.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:50 AM

always searching AFC for great deals

My Mood/Status:
Ice has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ice has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ice has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ice has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ice has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ice has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ice has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ice has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ice has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ice has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Ice has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I saw this on the news last night...I still have the 2 IP for $1.50...Think I will hold off buying this cereal..

Thanks for the post...I don't always get to watch the news but you ladies are always on top of things and I really appreciate it..
Old 04-13-2008, 06:27 AM

My Mood/Status:
bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!bubbsguy has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I have co-co wheats and a brand new box of malt-o-meal hot cereal I won't eat those until they know if it is only puffed wheat and rice. I'm glad i didn't buy the puffed rice like I was going to.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:03 AM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
Jamalfi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jamalfi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jamalfi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jamalfi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jamalfi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jamalfi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!Jamalfi has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
And to think I was annoyed with myself for leaving these coupons at home last night when I went to Walmart. Now I'm kinda happy and I think I will wait a while before I buy this. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:26 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Malt-O-Meal Recall!

MINNEAPOLIS--

The FDA says at least 24 people in 14 states have been sickened by the same strain of salmonella found in two breakfast cereals recalled by Malt-O-Meal.

Officials in Minnesota are investigating whether a case in that state might be linked to the cereals produced by the Minneapolis-based company.

Malt-O-Meal voluntarily recalled its unsweetened Puffed Rice and Puffed Wheat cereals April 5th after finding salmonella contamination during routine testing. The affected bags were produced in the past 12 months in Northfield.

Symptoms of salmonella infection include nausea, vomiting, fever, diarrhea and abdominal cramps. It can be life-threatening for people with poor health or weakened immune systems, including young children and the elderly.

Consumers with products from the recalled lots are advised to throw them out.

The FDA said the recalled products were distributed nationally under the Malt-O-Meal brand name, as well as private labels including Acme, America's Choice, Food Club, Giant, Hannaford, Jewel, Laura Lynn, Pathmark, Shaw's, ShopRite, Tops and Weis Quality.

The cereal bags have "best if used by" dates from April 8, 2008 (coded as APR0808), through March 18, 2009 (coded as MAR1809).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:27 PM

Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!CM_ANGEL has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Oops!! Sorry...didn't realize it was a repost!

Old 04-13-2008, 10:17 PM

konefam7 has posted more than 10 good deals
Malt-o-meal recall

I saw that many of you have talked about the malt-o-meal savings at Walmart and just wanted to pass along the article about possible salmonella link to some of it's Cereals. I sure would not want to see anyone get sick from a great deal.
I am new here and have not made 15 posts yet so it won't let me post the url but if you google the recall it will come up for you.God bless
Becky

Tags
maltomeal, recall