Selling Stockpile

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 02:54 PM

RE: selling stockpile

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
I had my first stockpile sale about a month ago, dd was starting cheer so.I had to. I only sold overflow and I made $1200!!!! That is on one Saturday and one Sunday from 8-1.

Here diapers FLY at $6 each, brand name. I sold everything except one small bin of vitamins, a little makeup, a couple hair products and a couple miscellaneous items. I was shocked!!! I sold at about 60% off retail. Shampoo/conditioner $1.50 (clear), nexxus $4-$4.50, toothpaste $1-$1.50, mouthwash $1.50-$2.50, vitamins $3-$4, make up $2.50-$4, razors bic cheapies $1, up to $3.50 hydrosilk, poise (all varieties) $1, face products $2, nail polish .50-$1.50, clear eyes $1, cleaning products $1.50-$2. I'll be having another at the end if this month, bins are almost full again.

Any time I get diapers I just text a lady and her friends by them all. If not I post on the local virtual garage sale page and they're all gone by the end of the day. I've sold over 30 packs just in the last week. Works well for me because I don't have room to store those for sales
The Following User Says Thank You to tagarza For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 06-04-2013, 02:55 PM

banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!banjo&inky has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
At yard sales I don't like it when folks don't have prices on things and no signs indicating prices. I really hate having to ask "how much is this?" over and over and over and I am sure others hate it too and some might be too shy to ask (or there might be a language barrier). Sales might be lost due to it. Slightly OT, but my sister and I went to a new "used" bookstore a few years back. Nothing was priced! You had to take a stack to the front and they would hem and haw and have to look each one up on abe books and ebay websites! If I wanted to pay higher internet prices I would order off it! It chapped my hide big time!!!!! After we said thanks but no thanks after being quoted ridiculously high prices we left and both of us agreed they would not be in business more than 6 months (typical minimum lease length) and we were right! If they had prices in or on them and been reasonable I would have been there every week buying a few. They would have made their profits in volume!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:29 PM

My Mood/Status:
barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Oh I thought of another item that sold well. regular K-y, I know very strange, but I got it when it was MM at Wally a while back, I had 40 of them. They were all set to expire Oct 2013, and I just wanted it gone, so $1. I had a few people buy it here and there and then a lady who is a midwife stopped and she bought all the rest of it. I had to ask, and she explained that she used it for her little heart rate thing to check baby. So it just really depends on who stops that day as to what will sell I think. Oh and the gum (I was giving away people started asking to buy so I said 4/$1 they bought all but 1 tiny little container up. For me this was fine becasue I refuse to pay for gum. Won't get it unless it is free. Also, I didn't sell any other food than the gum. I had read a horror story about someone getting sued like 2 days before mine so decided it was not worth the hassle. Oh and Dog and cat treats I did sell those for $1.50 a bag Our Dog can't have them. I seemed to have a lot of those from K-mart over the past month or so, that were free with the $25 purchase. so Wanted them gone and they sold like hot cakes.

I have a local group on facebook I belong to it is a trading forum, and I know most of the people on it on a personal level. I never even thought to post there when I have too much of something. That is a great idea, and I won't have to worry about finding storage space for it
Old 06-04-2013, 04:26 PM

dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
I have been considering selling stockpile items as well. We have been packing for two months move into the house we are buying. Should have moved a month ago but sellers are being a pain. So every week I pack a box of extra stockpile items that I've bought that week and by now I probably have way more stuff than I realize. I can't do a sale before we move since we are in an apartment but wanted to do a garage sale when we move in so I think I'll have an overflow of stockpile I can sell.
My area also has a for sale page on FB but it says something like "please do not post stockpile items you got cheap or free from couponing as it is DISHONEST"! What the!?! How is it dishonest of me to get a $10 item for $1 and sell it to someone for $3? I am doing them a favor!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:30 PM

tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!tagarza has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Our Facebook page doesn't say that, lots of people sell stockpile items on there. Lots of people around here have stockpile sales and people love to shop them.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:43 PM

tabitha551 has posted more than 150 good deals!tabitha551 has posted more than 150 good deals!
I belong to probably a dozen local Facebook sites. Some are for everything, some just guy stuff, some kids stuff, and some free. Some have more rules than others (None ban stockpile, although there are a few people who complain about it). The biggest one here has like 7000+ people and a ton of nit-picky rules, but there are so many people that its usually the easiest to find buyers. Keep checking. There is probably more than one group. If there isn't- start one.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:49 PM

Clipping to go Camping!

My Mood/Status:
cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianak9938 View Post
I have been considering selling stockpile items as well. We have been packing for two months move into the house we are buying. Should have moved a month ago but sellers are being a pain. So every week I pack a box of extra stockpile items that I've bought that week and by now I probably have way more stuff than I realize. I can't do a sale before we move since we are in an apartment but wanted to do a garage sale when we move in so I think I'll have an overflow of stockpile I can sell.
My area also has a for sale page on FB but it says something like "please do not post stockpile items you got cheap or free from couponing as it is DISHONEST"! What the!?! How is it dishonest of me to get a $10 item for $1 and sell it to someone for $3? I am doing them a favor!
Oooooweeerrgrrrr. So my time clipping Q's, looking at sales, shopping and buying is dishonest? Am I stealing? What I do with my time is my business and my business is saving money! (Not mad at you poster, just nerved me, )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Now Offering Newbie Potlucks! Or do you just need some extra coupons? Check it out here --->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to cwymer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2013, 05:03 PM

amberwhistles has posted more than 200 great deals!amberwhistles has posted more than 200 great deals!amberwhistles has posted more than 200 great deals!
Maybe a suggestion to anyone who belongs to one of those Sale/Trade FB online groups- I know my local groups do meet ups. They sell all week then everyone comes to a park once a week and they meet up there to get their goodies.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:45 PM

dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!dianak9938 has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwymer

Oooooweeerrgrrrr. So my time clipping Q's, looking at sales, shopping and buying is dishonest? Am I stealing? What I do with my time is my business and my business is saving money! (Not mad at you poster, just nerved me, )
Oh I know I agree completely! But hey we got people posting food stamps for sale and someone else posted a complete cable installation kit with apartment key. Now THAT is illegal and dishonest!
The Following User Says Thank You to dianak9938 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2013, 05:55 PM

My Mood/Status:
barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!barracuda has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianak9938 View Post
You should start your own group for it The way I see it is, there are tons of things we have tried and not liked. Everyone knows sometimes to get the best price you are buying 4 or even more of that item. I think it would be disgraceful to let those items sit and go to waste. Yes, It can be donated which is wonderful and I know most of us do that too. But for me there are a lot of items they do not want at the places I can donate to. Like the k-y that paid for all my meat alt Wally world the day I purchased it. And besides I have probably given away more in the last 4 years than I sold the other day maybe even 3 times over. It is not dishonest. I don't think I ever purchased anything "with Intent to sell" I just ended up with too much. And believe me I have passed on freebies more than once. I did what I had to do for my family at that moment in time. And I would do it all over again if need be. You know God works in mysterious ways, we have been wracking our brains for weeks trying to figure out how we were going to pay to fix our jeep without owing someone money. Dh lost his job and we do not do credit. I put it in God's hands. I prayed kind of selfish prayer the night before my sale and asked that we just get enough to do that, and low and behold we did. I am beyond grateful and thank-ful for that. And I quote Forrest Gump," stupid is as stupid does" Sorry didn't mean to high jack your post. but it kind of got under my skin as well. Not with you. Like I said start your own group You can do it!!!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:24 PM

AFC Forum Leader

My Mood/Status:
chicad69 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chicad69 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chicad69 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chicad69 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chicad69 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chicad69 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chicad69 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chicad69 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chicad69 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chicad69 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!chicad69 has posted more than 2000 great deals! WHOA!!
Ladies I also would say that you can use bookoo.com for online yardsales it has always worked well for me!!! Plus FB as others have stated

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chicad69 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2013, 06:28 PM

Yeah start your own group! Several.ladies around have their own stockpile sale pages. I might do that eventually, it might be easier than messaging people my price list before a sale. Lots of people left me their number for future sales, some prefer meet ups vs sales because around here ladies can be ruthless at these sales. A host even posted something like there is no pushing, diving, etc at my sales. If you change a price tag you will kicked out and banned from.future sales. People are nuts !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tagarza For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2013, 06:34 PM

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagarza View Post
Yeah start your own group! Several.ladies around have their own stockpile sale pages. I might do that eventually, it might be easier than messaging people my price list before a sale. Lots of people left me their number for future sales, some prefer meet ups vs sales because around here ladies can be ruthless at these sales. A host even posted something like there is no pushing, diving, etc at my sales. If you change a price tag you will kicked out and banned from.future sales. People are nuts !
wow! really, and to think I thought a few nail polishes missing was bad. Whew I lucked out
Old 06-04-2013, 06:48 PM

Clipping to go Camping!

My Mood/Status:
cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!cwymer has posted more than 3000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabitha551 View Post
I belong to probably a dozen local Facebook sites. Some are for everything, some just guy stuff, some kids stuff, and some free. Some have more rules than others (None ban stockpile, although there are a few people who complain about it). The biggest one here has like 7000+ people and a ton of nit-picky rules, but there are so many people that its usually the easiest to find buyers. Keep checking. There is probably more than one group. If there isn't- start one.
This is true. I join my first one that is very local. Intrigued I join a second fb site local-ish and then a third. Whew that was way too much! I couldn't handle it so I drop all but my original first.

Now Offering Newbie Potlucks! Or do you just need some extra coupons? Check it out here --->
Old 06-04-2013, 06:55 PM

Clipping to go Camping!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracuda View Post

You should start your own group for it The way I see it is, there are tons of things we have tried and not liked. Everyone knows sometimes to get the best price you are buying 4 or even more of that item. I think it would be disgraceful to let those items sit and go to waste. Yes, It can be donated which is wonderful and I know most of us do that too. But for me there are a lot of items they do not want at the places I can donate to. Like the k-y that paid for all my meat alt Wally world the day I purchased it. And besides I have probably given away more in the last 4 years than I sold the other day maybe even 3 times over. It is not dishonest. I don't think I ever purchased anything "with Intent to sell" I just ended up with too much. And believe me I have passed on freebies more than once. I did what I had to do for my family at that moment in time. And I would do it all over again if need be. You know God works in mysterious ways, we have been wracking our brains for weeks trying to figure out how we were going to pay to fix our jeep without owing someone money. Dh lost his job and we do not do credit. I put it in God's hands. I prayed kind of selfish prayer the night before my sale and asked that we just get enough to do that, and low and behold we did. I am beyond grateful and thank-ful for that. And I quote Forrest Gump," stupid is as stupid does" Sorry didn't mean to high jack your post. but it kind of got under my skin as well. Not with you. Like I said start your own group You can do it!!!!!
Well said. I will be the first to admit to buying a lot of something before I try it and to end up not liking it. So I am supposed to throw it away? We buy for three families and donate so yes, I am going to recoop back my time if I can.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:31 AM

Clipping to go Camping!

My Mood/Status:
Example of buying a product that I have never tried: Wet and Wild Eye Liner. I bought 3 in different colors. Well this morning I tried one and hate it! Too soft for me. Guess where the other 2 are going? Yep, priced at $.50 and into the yard sale bin. On a positive note, perhaps my staff of 25 will see my raccoon eyes and not bother me today for "lack of sleep"

Old 06-05-2013, 05:40 AM

Okay Day
Couponing Newbie

My Mood/Status:
justadreamer has posted more than 100 good deals!justadreamer has posted more than 100 good deals!
Reading all this has made me realize that you can coupon and not just save money but make money too. Which is pretty cool : ) Im game.

Right now Im just couponing to save money on items, I already buy. Next month, though, I think Im going to go hardcore with it : )
Old 06-05-2013, 06:21 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Here's another idea ~ if there's CSA or farmer's market in your area, ask if there's a fee to put up a booth/table. Contact the organizer and ask for their rules on what/what can't be sold. If brand new stockpile items are allowed to be sold, grab the opportunity.

In our area, there's no fees and it is set up @ the library parking lot or other parking lots once a week. just read store bulletin boards to check where they're at. I've seen people (obviously couponers) who sell non produce stuff off trunks of their vehicles. They sell store brand diapers @ $5 and they go briskly.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:30 AM

Okay Day
Couponing Newbie

My Mood/Status:
justadreamer has posted more than 100 good deals!justadreamer has posted more than 100 good deals!
And people are sure this isnt illegal? I dont wanna get in trouble
Old 06-05-2013, 06:51 AM

: )
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!joshmamabear has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justadreamer View Post
And people are sure this isnt illegal? I dont wanna get in trouble
It is always best to check rules/ordinances in your area. Each area is different, I've seen counties where yard sellers are required to post their permits that says they agree not to sell brand new store bought items or items from grocery/drugstores.

as long as you know the rules and/or acquired the necessary permits, you're safe if authorities question you.
The Following User Says Thank You to joshmamabear For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2013, 06:55 AM

beachgrl has posted more than 10 good deals
Thank You

This is fascinating! Keep 'em coming.
The Following User Says Thank You to beachgrl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2013, 08:37 AM

Clipping to go Camping!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgrl View Post
This is fascinating! Keep 'em coming.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:44 AM

Clipping to go Camping!

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmamabear View Post
Here's another idea ~ if there's CSA or farmer's market in your area, ask if there's a fee to put up a booth/table. Contact the organizer and ask for their rules on what/what can't be sold. If brand new stockpile items are allowed to be sold, grab the opportunity.

In our area, there's no fees and it is set up @ the library parking lot or other parking lots once a week. just read store bulletin boards to check where they're at. I've seen people (obviously couponers) who sell non produce stuff off trunks of their vehicles. They sell store brand diapers @ $5 and they go briskly.
After reading your post I and seeing CSA, "bartering" came into my head which is another fantastic way of "selling" stockpile. I bartered recently for plants. The hummingbirds will love the red hot pokers (hard to find and at $6 a bulb) and Ms Trade/Barter will smell nice and have clean hair!

Old 06-07-2013, 01:43 AM

My Mood/Status:
Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!Ames79 has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I'm seriously considering doing a sale. I've got miscellaneous items like some clothes, jewelry, etc I can include as well. My big concern is, how will I know if the permit says that thing about not selling new items (or whatever the terminology is) until I get the permit? Hmm. Regardless, I'm glad I came across this thread!
and momma to Dobby the furbaby
Old 06-08-2013, 05:20 PM

I thought this would be a good place to share my frustration as I was planning on selling some of my stockpile at our yard sale when we move into the house we are buying. Our original closing date was may 14th and long story short sellers have been dragging feet and running into problems getting the sewage problem fixed so we are still in our apartment now but I just found out that on memorial day weekend every year there is one of those country long yard sales right on the street our house is on! so if we'd of closed on the first date we were suppose to it would have been perfect timing for our yard sale but we missed it!! The good news is its a yearly thing so I can plan to do it every year!