Who Turned On The Light?? (parents Will Love This Story)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 11:29 AM
loves free groceries!
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!LyndaSLP has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Talking Who turned on the light?? (parents will love this story)

My husband is sick. He has the flu. I refused to share our bed with him last night. I don't want the flu.

I slept with my 6 year old.

I went upstairs last night to go to bed. At the top of the stairs, I glanced into my son's room. All was dark. I went into my room, shut the door, did all I needed to do to get ready for bed. I walked out of my room -- and noticed my son's bedroom light is on. :hmm: I said his name... no answer. I walked into his room... he was dead asleep, buried under 3 pillows. It didn't look like he had ever gotten out of bed. I was very puzzled at this point -- I check his closet, the guest room, the hallway bathroom... a little spooked that someone else might be in the house... I found nothing.

Nothing else to do, I went to bed.

This morning, I asked my son, "Did you get up and turn on your light last night?"

He told me "No."

I was still puzzled... but couldn't figure it out.

Who could've turned on the light???

Later in the morning, I went upstairs to gather the remaining laundry (gathered and did most on Friday...) to wash. I tossed everything in my son's hamper (which is actually a folding laundry basket). I carried the basket downstairs, dropped it in the laundry area, and went to see what my son was watching on TV. I noticed the front of my pants had a couple drops of water on them.... Couldn't figure out how that happened.

Finally, time to do a load of laundry. In the midst of sorting, I pulled out my son's jeans. They are soaked.... I sniffed them.... definitely urine... ewww... Naturally, I asked my son, "Did you have an accident? Did you accidently pee your pants?" His response = "No" I sniffed the jeans again... yes, definitely urine.... and I noticed just the leg is soaked... not the crotch.... just the leg. Puzzled.... very puzzled.

And then, like a light bulb, I put it all together.

My son awoke last night -- while I was in my room getting ready for bed --- and flipped on his bedroom light thinking he was in the bathroom and proceeded to pee in his laundry basket, thinking it was the toilet.

I went upstairs for more proof:
  • Carpet under laundry basket = wet
  • Cardboard (son was saving) behind basket = wet
  • His laundry basket = definitely wet in places (tho his laundry soaked up the majority).

All we could do was laugh and give him a quick lesson:

"Son (pointing to laundry basket) THIS is a laundry basket. Son (pointing to toilet) THIS is a toilet. Please pee in the toilet." He has a good sense of humor so he just laughed and shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't remember a thing.... I must have been sleep-peeing!"

Now... isn't this just a classic example of parenthood??

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-09-2008, 01:10 PM

RE: Who turned on the light?? (parents will love this story)

is ready for spring!!
Starving Writer/Student

My Mood/Status:
Samantha85VA has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Samantha85VA has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Samantha85VA has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Samantha85VA has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Samantha85VA has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Samantha85VA has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Samantha85VA has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Samantha85VA has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Samantha85VA has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Samantha85VA has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!Samantha85VA has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Wow.. I dont know how you parents do it!! I sit here everyday and admire parents on this board.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:19 PM

is searching for deals on AFC!

My Mood/Status:
therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!therbel has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Hey, atleast he peed in the dirty clothes and not on the clean ones!!!! !
Old 03-09-2008, 01:30 PM

Loves to get people to laugh

rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!rntg83 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Just think, when he gets older, and goes into the military, retires and needs a "nursing home" he will feel right at home where I work. (I work at the VA and have patients pee anywhere and everywhere, in dirty clothes baskets, trash cans, the floor, sink, most places EXCEPT the toilet.)
Old 03-09-2008, 01:39 PM

Happy

My Mood/Status:
creekprinces has posted more than 200 great deals!creekprinces has posted more than 200 great deals!creekprinces has posted more than 200 great deals!
Im sure I'll experince this at some point with my lil guy.

And I'm considering TTC #2
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:48 PM

is ready for Spring!
Proud to be a Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!lwilsonide has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
This has almost happened in our house several times! My room has sitting area off of it which I use as my office. One night my son walked in, said nothing, walked over to my chair & started pulling his pants down! I started yelling STOP, jumped up and guided him into ym bathroom. He went, pulle dup his pants & walked back into his room like nothing happened! He has den this on more than one occassion.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:54 PM

we were all newbies once
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!NJMom has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
Great story! Thanks for sharing!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-09-2008, 02:12 PM

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
suzyqwerty1234 has posted more than 150 good deals!suzyqwerty1234 has posted more than 150 good deals!
Old 03-09-2008, 04:49 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!itsbelong has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
LOL! THat's hysterical... sleep peeing!
Old 03-09-2008, 05:08 PM

hasn't found any good deals lately
AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!mcdlady1 has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I was at a convention once and a drunk guy tried to pee in my closet and I almost peed my pants laughing at him. LOL
Old 03-09-2008, 05:16 PM

May you believe in the Risen Christ as Saviour
Supporting Member

My Mood/Status:
GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!GrannyGodley has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
I had a son who was a sleep-walker. Not a problem just sometimes would get up and walk, eyes wide open, completely out of it. Even during "nap time" he would do it. He outgrew it - as far as I know . . . . at least his wife and children don't complain about it - or laugh about it.

Lslp - that was a good one, though. You'll laugh with him and his children in years to come about this one (and the poop one).

We love Him because He first loved us. I John 4:10

"Who among us would ask our children for a loan,
so we could spend money we do not have, on things we do not need?" Gov. Jindal
Old 03-10-2008, 02:00 PM

AFC Star Member

My Mood/Status:
erinlooneybin has posted more than 100 good deals!erinlooneybin has posted more than 100 good deals!
LOL!

The whole story is funny to me, but what really cracks me up is when confronted with wet pants, what is your (and my) first reaction? To SMELL them. Ick.

And then when your son denied having an accident, what did you do? Sniff them AGAIN!

Cracked me right up. Thanks for the laugh!
Old 03-10-2008, 02:09 PM

Mother to two beautiful children

My Mood/Status:
twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!twilson79 has posted more than 6000 great deals! WHOA!!
I did that once in a dream, I was on the monkey bars and I say a toilet at the end of them and realized I had to pee. So what would any rational person do? I peed in the imaginary toilet at the end of the monkey bars in my dream--you figured I would have been too embaressed to drop my pants on the playground, but no. I haven't done it since, I was about 6 as well.
Tabatha, Mommy to Nicole and Mikey, Aunt Tabby to Colin, Stephen, Courtney, Sydney, Ashley (our angel in heaven-12-23-05), Reed, Chance, Blake, and Joshua (our 2nd angel in heaven- 11-26-08), and Riley.

Tags
light, love, parents, story, turned