Whats A Good Shampoo/cond For Kids With Dry Scalp?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 02:50 PM
sleepy

My Mood/Status:
sunkistbaby has posted more than 300 great deals!sunkistbaby has posted more than 300 great deals!sunkistbaby has posted more than 300 great deals!sunkistbaby has posted more than 300 great deals!
Question Whats a good shampoo/cond for kids with dry scalp?

My 9 year old nephew has very short hair, doesn't use products and his scalp is very dry. He has eczema ( not sure if this is related) and only gets flair ups on his legs and arms a few patches occasionally.

Any tips on what is a good, safe shampoo or conditioner he can use. My sister said when she rubs his head it starts to flake. How do you know when it's dandruff? or is it the same thing dry scalp and dandruff?
The Following User Says Thank You to sunkistbaby For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-09-2012, 03:17 PM

RE: Whats a good shampoo/cond for kids with dry scalp?

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Shea Moisture's baby shampoo with Argon oil. I have the same problem and this is the only shampoo that helps! You can find it at Wags and the baby section at Target. Hope that helps
The Following User Says Thank You to bigdogmom187 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2012, 10:53 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!

Keep in mind that if they have dry scalps don't wash their hair everyday. Nobody should be washing their hair everyday as it strips the natural oils off your hair. If you must wash your hair everyday they suggest that you just wash from your ears down with soap and rinse the the top part with water.

Also for dry/flaking scalps don't scrub the scalp while you shampoo it as that will only make the issue worse. Just rub the soap around.

Found this as well

http://shine.yahoo.com/beauty/often-...222900620.html

Last edited by DezaRay; 04-09-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:36 PM

sleepy

My Mood/Status:
sunkistbaby has posted more than 300 great deals!sunkistbaby has posted more than 300 great deals!sunkistbaby has posted more than 300 great deals!sunkistbaby has posted more than 300 great deals!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezaRay
Keep in mind that if they have dry scalps don't wash their hair everyday. Nobody should be washing their hair everyday as it strips the natural oils off your hair. If you must wash your hair everyday they suggest that you just wash from your ears down with soap and rinse the the top part with water.

Also for dry/flaking scalps don't scrub the scalp while you shampoo it as that will only make the issue worse. Just rub the soap around.

Found this as well

http://shine.yahoo.com/beauty/often-...222900620.html
Because of his eczema he takes quick showers and not every day but I will make sure I will tell him not to scrub hard when shampooing. Thanks
Old 04-11-2012, 07:37 PM

sleepy

My Mood/Status:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogmom187
Shea Moisture's baby shampoo with Argon oil. I have the same problem and this is the only shampoo that helps! You can find it at Wags and the baby section at Target. Hope that helps
Thank you for the suggestion!
Old 04-11-2012, 07:50 PM

What not to love about a sassy penguin?

My Mood/Status:
Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
Mane and tail shampoo is also great for that.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:50 PM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkistbaby View Post
Because of his eczema he takes quick showers and not every day but I will make sure I will tell him not to scrub hard when shampooing. Thanks
My son had Atopic dermatitis since about 3 months old and same he couldn't take baths very often. I couldn't use any of the cute baby smelling items either. We used a lot of cetaphil lotion and soaps and I also got dermatitis really bad about 6yrs ago. It was so bad I still have fade spots, dark spots and scars all over. The lotion they gave me for it was amlactin. I LOVE that stuff! Works so well. Target sells a cheaper version of it too in the Pharmacy.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:19 PM

My Mood/Status:
bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!bigdogmom187 has posted more than 300 great deals!
Oh also you might try coconut oil instead of any lotion this too helps (and it smells nice ) you can find it in the cooking section of most stores. Also it fades stretch marks really fast if your pregnant (random but hay you never know who's reading )