Lifeway Vs. Family Christian Store

View Poll Results: Do you prefer shopping at Lifeway or Family Christian Store (FCS)?
Lifeway 3 30.00%
Family Christian Store (FCS) 4 40.00%
Don't shop at either of these stores 2 20.00%
Shop at both stores equally 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 08:22 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!
Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Lifeway vs. Family Christian Store

Lifeway vs. Family Christian Store (FCS). Which do you prefer? And why?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FreeCouponingOnline For This Useful Post:
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 04-01-2012, 08:36 AM

RE: Lifeway vs. Family Christian Store

phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!phoenixjean1 has posted more than 4000 great deals! WHOA!!
I prefer FCS over Lifeway.

They have 40% off coupons more often.

Their catalogs with other coupons and sale prices arrive on time, every time, while Lifeway's catalogs are usually about a week late. Used to think it was the post office, yet somehow FCS catalogs are never late.

The staff at FCS is more open and friendly, willing to help with just about anything.

You can do free ship to store from the online website at FCS; Lifeway does not offer that.

FCS is open on Sunday. While I completely understand why Lifeway is closed (as well as Chick-fil-A, and many other Christian businesses), and I support that reasoning, it's simply more convenient for me to have that option.

FCS has sale products in stock every single time.

FCS is also willing to hold product for up to about a week, sometimes a little more, while Lifeway's policy is two days. I don't know what FCS' official policy is, but the staff at the store I shop at will hold items up to a week for me.

You can use coupons on Willow Tree products at FCS, but not at Lifeway.

That's what I can come up with off the top of my head, I'm sure I could add to that list. The extra 40% coupons, the friendly staff, and the free ship to store are the things that stand out to me the most. I've been shopping at FCS for about 20 years, and I shopped at Lifeway for about 13.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phoenixjean1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2012, 10:36 PM

My Mood/Status:
mtopinka has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mtopinka has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mtopinka has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mtopinka has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mtopinka has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mtopinka has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mtopinka has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mtopinka has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!mtopinka has posted more than 1000 great deals!  WHOA!!
I have never herd of lifeway. I think we have a store called peace. I am thankful for famiy christain store they our in co and when I moved to kansas we have 1 little one but love those discount coupons and still find some great deals in this little store.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtopinka For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2012, 09:54 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!DezaRay has posted more than 1500 great deals! WHOA!!
We use a lot of items from Lifeway especially the VBS items. I love the people in our stores and I don't mind them being closed on Sunday either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DezaRay For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2012, 09:43 PM

My Mood/Status:
KayceK has posted more than 400 great deals!KayceK has posted more than 400 great deals!KayceK has posted more than 400 great deals!KayceK has posted more than 400 great deals!KayceK has posted more than 400 great deals!
We have Lifeway stores. I've been to FCS several times while traveling /vacation. don't know of one of their stores anywhere near . I did really enjoy shopping in them and found good deals too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KayceK For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2012, 09:41 AM

Grounded for Life

My Mood/Status:
FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!FreeCouponingOnline has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
phoenixjean1,

I have been a loyal FCS shopper since 2009, but been gradually branching out to Lifeway since 2011.

I like the 30% & 40% off survey catalinas too, but the CATs are only good on regular prices itme. They cannot be used on either sale items or clearance items.

I completely agree with you on not successfully receiving the Lifeway in-store monthly sale catalogs. I do not receive them on a "regular" basis either. I have to manually call the 800 number and personally request them every month. It sucks, but the sales are worth the hassel.

However, to compensate for the missing paper catalog, Lifeway uploads their in-store monthly sales catalog onto their online website for shoppers to view. And it is always up-to-date. When I do not recieve their catalog I can always view it online. (FCS offers the same option).

Actually Lifeway does offer a free ship-to-store method from their online website. It is called "Special Ordering". (A ship-from-site-to-store method) or a (ship-from-store-to-store method).

Lifeway offers "special orders" free of charge for their members. My store was out of 5 other items that I wanted and they offered to order them for me. Since I was ordering sale items I was able to "lock in" those prices even though it will take 2 weeks for my order to arrive.

There is no commitment to buy either. When my order arrives and if I decide that I no longer want the items, Lifeway will not charge me. They simply sale the items that I did not want in the store. Thought that policy rocked, because FCS requires all "special orders" to be pre-paid.

Lifeway's "offical" hold policy (Lifeway's version of Layaway) is unfortunately is 48 hours.

Also, Did you know that Lifeway will honor competitor pricing?

Question: Do you honor competitor pricing?

Answer: We will honor competitor pricing if the competitor is a local store to your area. This applies to in store purchases only and you must bring the competitors sales flyer. Other restrictions may apply.

Answer

Lifeway offers a lot more unadvertised deals than FCS. A lot of $5 CD sales, $5 DVD sales, additional 25% off all clearance items, and B3G1F Bargin Book deals. Absolutely love these!

However, FCS does puts out so many coupons that it is not even funny! It is literally impossible to use them all! I know, because I have tried!

#1.) If shoppers sign up to become FCS "Family Perks" members (membership is free, by the way) then shoppers automatically receive a purple paper "Family Perks" membership card.

With every purchase made, FCS punches the card. When card is full shoppers can redeem the card for a certificate for 25% off entire purchase.

#2.) A 30% off Catalina prints out at register with every transaction. Must participate in online survey in order to receive validation code for redemption. Without numerical code, Catalina is void.

#3.) All FCS calenders have tare pad coupons at the bottom of each month. Buy a calendar on sale for $5 automatically get 12 free Q's!

#4.) Of course, coupons are included on the back of every FCS monthly catalog. Some of those Q's are for free items i.e. journal, calender, etc.

#5.) And beginning February 2012, FCS is introducing a new "point rewards program", where in addition to their free "Family Perks" membership card and 30% register Catalinas, shoppers will now be able to earn points with every purchase made. Points can then be redeemed for FCS merchandise.

All this and that is not including their regular $5 door buster sales!

The savings that this company offers is ridiculous! I always tell myself that (since I am in the area) I will drive to Lifeway after FCS, but I never make it to Lifeway!

Between the "Family Perks," Catalinas, coupons, points, and regular $5 door buster items is too much! They always carry everything on my list (and more) for pennies on the dollar.

Therefore, I throughly, meticulously, and tediously compare all FCS & LW sales against each other for before comitting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FreeCouponingOnline For This Useful Post: