Trying Something New

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 09:34 AM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

roxygirlie1021 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!roxygirlie1021 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!roxygirlie1021 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!roxygirlie1021 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!roxygirlie1021 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!roxygirlie1021 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Trying something new

I thought it would be fun to share our advice for trying new things. I know I am not the type to want to venture outside my comfort zone much, and I feel like sometimes this causes me to miss out on wonderful new things and experiences. So if you have any tips for pushing yourself to try something new, share them here!

Here is my best tip: Don't be afraid of failing! That is always my biggest worry and hesitation when it comes to trying something new. What if I don't do it right? What if I mess up? What if I look like a complete idiot? What if I try something new and I don't like it? What if I regret it? I have realized that thinking this way prevents me from doing things outside of my comfort zone. The majority of the time, when I try something new (a new food, a new restaurant, going somewhere I wouldn't normally go) I end up being happy with the decision. The few times that I end up either messing up (yes, tofu pad thai, I am talking to you!) or not having a very good time (I now know that I don't enjoy camping outdoors) I know that it's worth it to the take risk because of all the other times that I end up loving things (sushi - you are my new best friend! And riding a motorcycle is AWESOME!)

Two other tips I can think of are: Don't let peer pressure cause you to do something you REALLY don't want to do (in my case, going sky-diving is not a road I want to travel down, even if my husband and all his friends are doing it) and Have confidence in yourself! You can do more than you give yourself credit for! (Yes, back patio that we laid brick by brick - I am talking to you!)

OK - your turn. What's your best tip for pushing yourself to venture outside your comfort zone and try something new?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Friends don't let friends pay retail
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm a member of @CoffeemateUSA Brew Crew
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-01-2012, 04:19 PM

RE: Trying something new

is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

Kamiespinoza has posted more than 25 good deals
I love this. I am always stuck in my comfort zone as well. And when I do venture out, it usually turns out okay.

I have made tofu pad Thai and it was delicious. I think it all depends on the recipe that you use because I have had some not too delicious pad Thai before.

For me, I am going to TRY to stop couponing because the pay off isn't what it used to be. So I'm worried that the route I am going might not save me any more than I am Saving now. But we shall see!