What To Do With Riffle Casings From Grandfathers Funeral?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 06:02 PM
is surfing AFC for the latest deals!

My Mood/Status:
ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
What to do with riffle casings from grandfathers funeral?

My husband and son each received two bullet casings that were fired from a riffle at his grandfathers funeral. He was is a veteran and they had a very nice service for him. I am trying to come up with a creative way to display them. Maybe I can incorporate a picture... Any ideas?
Tia
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, and married to Kevin
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 15 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

After taking a year off from couponing and living off of my stock pile, I am back and ready to save!
Become a AFC Supporting Member Today and Make These Ads Go Away!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:08 PM

RE: What to do with riffle casings from grandfathers funeral?

My Mood/Status:
AmandaDavenport has posted more than 300 great deals!AmandaDavenport has posted more than 300 great deals!AmandaDavenport has posted more than 300 great deals!AmandaDavenport has posted more than 300 great deals!
If you can get ahold of a Army picture, even just to copy it, you can frame it and have the casings next to the picture(s).
and 2
and 2
The Following User Says Thank You to AmandaDavenport For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2012, 06:18 PM

My Mood/Status:
ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!ILove2Save has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
*rifle

That's a good idea. I was thinking of getting a recent picture from Christmas or New Years and putting it in a "grandpa" frame. Then super glue two of the casings to the two sides. Might be to soon to have them look through photos for a military one....
, and married to Kevin

After taking a year off from couponing and living off of my stock pile, I am back and ready to save!
Old 02-23-2012, 12:08 AM

AFC Forum Leader for CVS

My Mood/Status:
missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!missdanalu has posted more than 7000 great deals! WHOA!!
I've heard of people making key chains. Not as classy but nice if they want a daily reminder or some way to carry him with them.
The Following User Says Thank You to missdanalu For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 03:28 AM

What not to love about a sassy penguin?

My Mood/Status:
Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!Sassypenguin has posted more than 5000 great deals! WHOA!!
They sell these amazing cases to hold the flag that was draped over the casket. You could then add the casings and any medals he was awarded to that display case.

No I'm not one of thoooose couponers!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sassypenguin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 07:24 AM

My Mood/Status:
Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!Mteel33 has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassypenguin
They sell these amazing cases to hold the flag that was draped over the casket. You could then add the casings and any medals he was awarded to that display case.

No I'm not one of thoooose couponers!!!
I believe they're called shadow boxes...that was going to be my suggestion
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mteel33 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 07:37 AM

coupon crazy!

My Mood/Status:
omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!omgzitsmiranda has posted more than 750 great deals! WOW!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mteel33 View Post
I believe they're called shadow boxes...that was going to be my suggestion
I was going to suggest this too

Baby #1: EDD 08.25.14
Awaiting the arrival of:
Penelope Starr
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omgzitsmiranda For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2012, 11:06 AM

My Mood/Status:
Thanks everyone! I lOve shadow boxes! Unfortunately, I don't think it will work in this situation. We only have the 4 shell casings. Unless I do a shadow box with them and a current picture... I think I might.
, and married to Kevin

Old 02-23-2012, 11:13 AM

Loving the CVS deals!

savingmamaof4 has posted more than 400 great deals!savingmamaof4 has posted more than 400 great deals!savingmamaof4 has posted more than 400 great deals!savingmamaof4 has posted more than 400 great deals!savingmamaof4 has posted more than 400 great deals!
Check the Dollar Tree (if you have one nearby). They sometimes have nice looking small shadowboxes in the craft section.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:38 PM

DawnMarie

My Mood/Status:
thaprecious1x has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!thaprecious1x has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!thaprecious1x has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!thaprecious1x has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!thaprecious1x has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!thaprecious1x has posted more than 500 great deals! WOW!
We made keychains